Arah Help!

Arah Help!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: FFoley.1720

FFoley.1720

Hi! I am Foley Solaris and I’ve been seeking for an Arah duo partner as a way to make some decent gold! I’m using a Norn Elementalist.

I’m running a full exotic berserker set including, rings, trinkets, armor, weapons, and accessories. Someone who would be willing to teach me how to solo/duo the paths would be very much appreciated! Any tips left in the comments about running this dungeon would also be very much appreciated!

Again, my IGN is “Foley Solaris”

I want to thank everyone helping me out in advance!

Arah Help!

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

You solo/duo arah for fun, not profit. I doubt it you’ll find help here, if your motivation is profit.

Arah Help!

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

There are tons of videos on youtube showing how to solo arah, then you just need to practice. And i dont think soloing arah is that much profitable anymore because you can get griefed a lot, and it can take quite a while to fill up a group.
So if you duo an arah path in 40 minutes on average and takes 10 minutes to fill a group and if you take into consideration that you get your instance stolen on 50% of the times you will see that selling arah is not worth that much.

Arah Help!

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

There are tons of videos on youtube showing how to solo arah, then you just need to practice. And i dont think soloing arah is that much profitable anymore because you can get griefed a lot, and it can take quite a while to fill up a group.
So if you duo an arah path in 40 minutes on average and takes 10 minutes to fill a group and if you take into consideration that you get your instance stolen on 50% of the times you will see that selling arah is not worth that much.

Just use fillers to prevent people from stealing your instance

Arah Help!

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

I’d be willing to show you how it goes, but you need to post if you’re NA or EU.

Arah Help!

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

You solo/duo arah for fun, not profit. I doubt it you’ll find help here, if your motivation is profit.

Uh, what?

Arah Help!

fracture.9754

Nobody buys Arah anymore. Sometimes I find it hard to find people to leech from me, let alone buy. Last time I did it I was able to sell 2 spots for 2.5G (so that’s for profit of the buyer) and give 2 spots for leech to guildies.

Do you understand better now, or do you require further explanation?

Arah Help!

bladex.9502

Nobody buys Arah anymore. Sometimes I find it hard to find people to leech from me, let alone buy. Last time I did it I was able to sell 2 spots for 2.5G (so that’s for profit of the buyer) and give 2 spots for leech to guildies.

I sell arah multiple times a day, and if done at correct times the party usually fills within 10 minutes.
Are you on EU or NA? lol

Arah Help!

fracture.9754

EU, late afternoon. Can’t play earlier ’cause work yo.

On topic: CM and AC also sells poorly at these times, EU at least.

(edited by fracture.9754)

Arah Help!

bladex.9502

I’m on EU as well, and I usually sell paths between 8PM and midnight.
Can’t remember the last time I’ve had to wait longer than 20 minutes for the group to fill up

Arah Help!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

No, I still don’t understand. Even if you sold for 2.5 gold per slot you’re still “profiting,” as well as the buyer.

Arah Help!

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

No, I still don’t understand. Even if you sold for 2.5 gold per slot you’re still “profiting,” as well as the buyer.

The buyer’s gain only matters in terms of attracting them to your instance. In terms of profit, yes you’re making a profit(ish), you gain gold and spend time, if you sell slots for 6g each and make 24g in 50mins for a solo and waiting for buyers, you get just under 50s a minute of time spent. Compare this value to other ways of making gold, like SW, full group dungeons, etc.. and you can figure out if the profit you’re making is worth your time and effort, depending on latency and how close to passing out you are.

Arah Help!

fracture.9754

To profit, you have to sell your time well. Selling your time for 2.5 gold per slot is not well, when you can make more gold in silverwastes doing nothing.

If additional explanation of basics is required, let me know. Thanks!

Arah Help!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

To profit, you have to sell your time well. Selling your time for 2.5 gold per slot is not well, when you can make more gold in silverwastes doing nothing.

So you only profit when you maximize profit?

I guess the millions of companies besides Walmart, BP, and Apple are SOL then?

This argument doesn’t make any sense. The word “profit” doesn’t mean “make as much money as possible with your time.”

Edited because I forgot a word.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Arah Help!

SlyDevil.3952

Of course not, but if you’re trying to do something to be profitable, you want to do the most profitable thing(which includes the least amount of work), so you calculate your profit, then you calculate the effort put in and compare it to other forms of profit making that have varying amounts of work involved.

Arah Help!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Of course not, but if you’re trying to do something to be profitable, you want to do the most profitable thing

Maybe, if you find the most profitable thing tolerable. But that wasn’t his argument. He said people don’t do Arah for profit.

Also, y u so bad teef

Arah Help!

SlyDevil.3952

Because I accidentally dodged mai trin’s shot with a normal dodge and was trying to figure out the timing. Turns out mai trin is horribly laggy while recording.

Arah Help!

fracture.9754

This argument doesn’t make any sense. The word “profit” doesn’t mean “make as much money as possible with your time.”

Well, comparing it to real life companies is a huge logical fallacy, since it takes no in-game costs to just play the game, which can not be said for companies. You see if you want to see profit, very generally speaking, you would subtract the costs of operating from the money you make. In game you can not do so, since play time doesn’t cost in-game gold.

Also, there are millions and millions of companies worldwide and only like 20 ways to make gold (yes, this is a made up number, before you hang yourself on it), so you can not translate top 3 ways to make gold = top 3 companies in the world. Relatively speaking, one could compare like top 20% companies to top 20% ways of making gold, but it’s still a very, very poor argument and I don’t feel like even going into more details over it.

If you need any additional explanation of basics let me know, thanks!

Arah Help!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Well, comparing it to real life companies is a huge logical fallacy, since it takes no in-game costs to just play the game, which can not be said for companies. You see if you want to see profit, very generally speaking, you would subtract the costs of operating from the money you make. In game you can not do so, since play time doesn’t cost in-game gold.

Also, there are millions and millions of companies worldwide and only like 20 ways to make gold (yes, this is a made up number, before you hang yourself on it), so you can not translate top 3 ways to make gold = top 3 companies in the world. Relatively speaking, one could compare like top 20% companies to top 20% ways of making gold, but it’s still a very, very poor argument and I don’t feel like even going into more details over it.

If you need any additional explanation of basics let me know, thanks!

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. You originally said people don’t solo/duo Arah for profit, and that is STILL blatantly untrue.

Then you moved the goalposts by arguing that Arah isn’t the way to make the MOST profit with your time, which is another argument entirely and completely irrelevant.

People solo/duo Arah for profit, still. End of story.

Arah Help!

fracture.9754

I’m sorry arguments confuse you.

Obviously, you find ~6-8G/h profit, while I find it a loss of gold, since I could make more in this time. It’s a different perspective, you just settle for less, that’s all.

Arah Help!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Obviously, you find ~6-8G/h profit, while I find it a loss of gold, since I could make more in this time. It’s a different perspective, you just settle for less, that’s all.

I’m sorry definitions confuse you.

Arah Help!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

This is… wow. I… am I reading this?

Profit: the monetary surplus left to a producer or employer after deducting wages, rent, cost of raw materials, etc.:

fracture, notice that there is no time in that definition either. In GW2 you drop coin on potions/waypoints/food.

Time is not a concern, only costs. If the owner of a company works 80 hours a week or 20, but doesn’t pay himself an hourly wage there is no difference in terms of profit.

But, man, what the hell am I doing?

And wasn’t it shown a long time ago that picking up a second job IRL and using that extra money to buy gems was the best Gold/Hour. So, if you’re playing the game “you aren’t making a profit”

Arah Help!

bladex.9502

You’re not making 6-8G/h while selling Arah, its at least 15-20g/h if done efficiently.
Also, if you rather mindlessly farm SW for gold instead of selling dungeon paths, go do that, but don’t comment on a post about selling dungeon paths

Arah Help!

fracture.9754

This is… wow. I… am I reading this?

Profit: the monetary surplus left to a producer or employer after deducting wages, rent, cost of raw materials, etc.:

fracture, notice that there is no time in that definition either. In GW2 you drop coin on potions/waypoints/food.

Time is not a concern, only costs. If the owner of a company works 80 hours a week or 20, but doesn’t pay himself an hourly wage there is no difference in terms of profit.

Right, agreed! Thanks for writing again what I already wrote in this thread! But with this in mind, literally anything is profit, so instead of duoing arah, why not collect cabbage for 4 copper instead, right? The original question is entirely non valid by this logic, since asking for “how to duo sell arah for profit” is meaningless, because any sell is profit. So please, enough with the straw man, of course g/h is what everyone wants to know.

But, man, what the hell am I doing?

And wasn’t it shown a long time ago that picking up a second job IRL and using that extra money to buy gems was the best Gold/Hour. So, if you’re playing the game “you aren’t making a profit”

Right you are! Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that one.

You’re not making 6-8G/h while selling Arah, its at least 15-20g/h if done efficiently.
Also, if you rather mindlessly farm SW for gold instead of selling dungeon paths, go do that, but don’t comment on a post about selling dungeon paths

Maybe you didn’t read the forum thread before posting, but I said you duo arah for FUN not for PROFIT (G/h ratio for all the snowflakes). That’s the whole point of this discussion. No problem, I will present the discussion to you AGAIN.

Why do you duo arah for fun, not for profit? Because gold per hour ratio in duoing arah isn’t as good as elsewhere.

Right, let’s see. In a casual, relaxed duo I will finish Arah P2 in 35-40 minutes. We’re talking duo, since you know…the title of the thread and the entire thread is about duoing. On average, I find it takes me 20 minutes to sell the 3 spots. Sometimes I sell them for 3G, sometimes for 4, very rarely for 5. I’ll take the average of 4g per spot, which would mean I make 7.5G in an hour it takes me to do this. Your numbers are 15-20G, anywhere between 2-2.67 times higher than me! So this either means you sell the spots for ~10G per (I don’t believe it) or you finish the path + selling in ~25 minutes (I don’t believe it). Either way, I’m calling BS on that number.

(edited by fracture.9754)

Arah Help!

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Obviously, you find ~6-8G/h profit, while I find it a loss of gold.

Tfw took 1.5hours to solo arah p2.

Arah Help!

bladex.9502

Right, let’s see. In a casual, relaxed duo I will finish Arah P2 in 35-40 minutes. We’re talking duo, since you know…the title of the thread and the entire thread is about duoing. On average, I find it takes me 20 minutes to sell the 3 spots. Sometimes I sell them for 3G, sometimes for 4, very rarely for 5. I’ll take the average of 4g per spot, which would mean I make 7.5G in an hour it takes me to do this. Your numbers are 15-20G, anywhere between 2-2.67 times higher than me! So this either means you sell the spots for ~10G per (I don’t believe it) or you finish the path + selling in ~25 minutes (I don’t believe it). Either way, I’m calling BS on that number.

I thought we were talking about solo at this point, my bad for that.
But still, even if it takes you 40 minutes to duo the path, you should still be able to sell it for at least 5g, maybe even 6 or 7, depending on the market.
That’s 4×5g/2 per hour (assuming 1 person leaves to open his spot).
That still puts you on 10g/h, while factoring in 20 minutes of waiting for the party to fill, and the absolute minimum sell price, because i rarely sell for less than 6g.
Now I’m no SW expert, but I’ve never made 10g/h in SW

Also, why does it matter if he does it for fun or gold?
Idgaf if my duo partner does it for fun or not, I have fun, and its a nice extra bit of gold.
And I want to add that if you don’t sell Arah because you enjoy duoing the path, you might as well sell exploited P3 and make 40g/h

(edited by bladex.9502)

Arah Help!

fracture.9754

Ah no, I was discussing duo because of the OP. Man, I can’t remember the last time I was able to sell for 5G! Last time I sold for 3G. With my own end chest reward that put me at ~7.5G per hour, which is quite bad.

Yeh, SW is ~12G per hour. Chest farming is, granted I didn’t count in the VW events, so that’s my mistake.

Meh, I still can’t look at low man Arah running as gold making, even at 10G/h. If you’re in the mood to make gold, you go do something else if you ask me. I’ll low man Arah for fun. The few pieces of gold at the end are just a bonus.

No no, that’s my point, I duo Arah because it’s fun, not because of the gold. I don’t exploit dungeons otherwise.

EDIT: Ah, I wanted to say this: solo/duo AC is MUCH more gold/hour than Arah!

Arah Help!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Why do you duo arah for fun, not for profit? Because gold per hour ratio in duoing arah isn’t as good as elsewhere.

Words have meanings. You’re still not using the word profit correctly.

What your argument boils down to is: Soloing/Duoing Arah is not the best way to profit in this game.

Fine. We agree.

Peace.

Arah Help!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

People buy CM?! Before my pause from this game, I was regularly soloing CM for the tokens (for the runes). What a waste! How much do the paths go for?

Arah Help!

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

People buy CM?! Before my pause from this game, I was regularly soloing CM for the tokens (for the runes). What a waste! How much do the paths go for?

Only like 1g because every casual and their mum can solo CM (and AC)

Arah Help!

fracture.9754

AC/CM sells for 2.5-3G per path and it takes mere minutes to solo/duo, compared to Arah which sells for I’d say 4-5G on average and takes 4-5 times longer. You can also solo all 3 paths, which you can’t do with Arah for obvious reasons. There’s also more people buying AC/CM because they’re low level dungeons and easily accessible, so people buy them for fast levels which people don’t do for Arah, since it’s not as easily accessible.