Arah-Impossible to farm?

Arah-Impossible to farm?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Dub.1273 might be able to help you out if you’re EU.

‘Cookie’ if you’re on NA.

Both might be willing to help you out with shards, if you’re willing to listen and learn (free of charge).

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I only run a few Arah Paths and ALL other dungeons sofar

here is my opinion:

Arah is not fun ONLY annoying Arah Punishes you for every single mistake for rewards that don’t worth it in the end.

its a Nightmare with LFG its annoying as hell even with a guild.

other dungeons are a gem compared to this.

and I only want the arah Light armor skin for my Necro……

why there are so many people selling it ? bicous ALLOT of people are annoyed by that dungeon so they pay for the skins/gear instead of going through the hell that is called Arah.

you know what Im planning ? Gem>gold>Path buy>skin without wasting half my life and breaking 10+ keyboards.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Archaeopteryx.7409

Archaeopteryx.7409

Wait… You don’t need to go through that hell!? Uh, I mean Arah*, and what do you mean by ‘path buy’?

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

here is my opinion:

Arah is not fun ONLY annoying Arah Punishes you for every single mistake for rewards that don’t worth it in the end.

Arah is pretty much the only reason I still log on.

It’s not as hard as you describe, there are a lot of youtube videos people post that can help.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Zoltreez.6435

Wait… You don’t need to go through that hell!? Uh, I mean Arah*, and what do you mean by ‘path buy’?

the guys that selling the Paths for gold they are usualy at the end boss of the whole dungeon

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

It is very obvious this is your first GW game, so please put an end to your, “dungeons aren’t made to be skipped” tirade because you simply don’t know what you’re talking about, but I digress.

If you don’t know the path, watch a video. More than once, too. The onus is on you to form a group for yourself to be taught by someone (LFG Arah P[x], my first run), to learn with other newbies (LFG Arah P[x] newbie run), or to watch a video on YouTube MULTIPLE times until you feel confident to snake your way into a P3 group (before I did my first Firelands Ragnaros pull in WoW, I watched a US 1st Heroic kill at least 20 times). Why are you relying on other people’s LFGs to join their group? It sounds like you want them to carry you, and Arah is not a place that is friendly for people who cannot carry their own weight.

As far as path difficulty, I would rate it (easiest to hardest) 3 → 2 → 1. Path 4 is actually easiest but unless you have 3 hours with a newb group to dedicate to it, I advise you hold off on that one for some time.

And lastly, don’t complain about Arah sellers. You may act like those runs would still exist if selling was outlawed, but that is simply not the case. Arah selling is lucrative; they’re doing it for money, not the dungeon. If there was no money, those groups wouldn’t exist and you’d still be looking at an (otherwise) empty Arah LFG pane.

Good luck, son.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Zoltreez.6435

here is my opinion:

Arah is pretty much the only reason I still log on

good for you if its fun for you do it if you like it

I like challenges but arah is absurd especialy with a Pug and the bugs

aoe circles hitting you and instakilling you even after you dodge out
sometimes the boss puts down too many aoe around you even if you would have like 5 dodge you would still end up inside an aoe with no room to evade ( instakill )
Bosses with slow animation so that you could dodge it but it also roots you so you cant dodge ( instakill )
Trash mobs wiping pugs sometimes (lol)

etcetcetc….
other dungeons are actualy fun but this is lame.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I just have to notice that this OP is like metaest post of this subforum.

Combines almost everything.

Defeated by packet loss.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

sometimes the boss puts down too many aoe around you even if you would have like 5 dodge you would still end up inside an aoe with no room to evade ( instakill )
Bosses with slow animation so that you could dodge it but it also roots you so you cant dodge ( instakill )

etcetcetc….

Hm, I sometimes join parties with people who have less than 1.5k AP and somehow we complete it. Lupi is a breeze, especially when my party starts to cheer me up.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Dungeon is fine. All you need is someone who shows you how to beat it.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Zoltreez.6435

etcetcetc….

Hm, I sometimes join parties with people who have less than 1.5k AP and somehow we complete it. Lupi is a breeze, especially when my party starts to cheer me up.

lupi is not hard if you don’t encounter the rare bugs that I mentioned.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Archaeopteryx.7409

Ok enough having a go at me; I’ve actually looked over "IAmLegionAndIAmOne"’s Video’s on YouTube over all Paths more than once, Young Somalia, and I’ve actually hosted one or two before ad ended up being kicked because I asked why they wanted to glitch/skip a huge part on a specific Path after they’d been discussing whether they’d have a ban or not, which as proof I had been watching SignsOfKelani’s Videos covering that… Apologies if I didn’t mention that, I didn’t feel as if I’d get flamed for stating my opinion and asking for help!

(edited by Archaeopteryx.7409)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

haviz.1340

lupi is not hard if you don’t encounter the rare bugs that I mentioned.

Then you can bump appropriate bug reports.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Archaeopteryx.7409

As for the ‘Arah sellers’, Young Somalia, if you’d care to look up from your post, I asked that guy, Hybrid, who explained what a seller was to clear it up for me. The situation I was talking about was for joining a Starting Up Group.

(edited by Archaeopteryx.7409)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

haviz.1340

Ok enough flaming; I’ve actually looked over "IAmLegionAndIAmOne"’s Video’s on YouTube over all Paths more than once, Young Somalia, and I’ve actually hosted one or two before ad ended up being kicked because I asked why they wanted to glitch/skip a huge part on a specific Path after they’d been discussing whether they’d have a ban or not, which as proof I had been watching SignsOfKelani’s Videos covering that… Apologies if I didn’t mention that, I didn’t feel as if I’d get flamed for stating my opinion and asking for help!

To avoid further confusion, do you mean skipping mobs as in running past them or skipping as in going outside intended path by using so-called jumping puzzles?

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

You need to chill.

I mean, noone even flamed you.

Defeated by packet loss.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Archaeopteryx.7409

As in doing things which are bannable (apparently?), Haviz. :/

Arah-Impossible to farm?

haviz.1340

No glitching is bannable, I’m afraid. If anyone told you otherwise he was either trolling you or simply lying.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK49a-9o3DRBLDVXNLJbSXA

gw2dungeons.net

probably the best dungeon guides out there. if you are scared of arah pugs https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-Vets-grouping-together-to-do-Arah-Runs although it does require some initiative on your part to set up runs.

also arah is the best dungeon in GW2, lol

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Archaeopteryx.7409

No glitching is bannable, I’m afraid. If anyone told you otherwise he was either trolling you or simply lying.

Ah, ok :L
Well, thank you for your help & such, I’ll probably just go & attempt to find a “good” group, or just buy my way into a path a day or something ^^

Thanks again

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Archaeopteryx.7409

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK49a-9o3DRBLDVXNLJbSXA

gw2dungeons.net

probably the best dungeon guides out there. if you are scared of arah pugs https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-Vets-grouping-together-to-do-Arah-Runs although it does require some initiative on your part to set up runs.

also arah is the best dungeon in GW2, lol

Thank you!
It’s the most interesting in my opinion, but definitely the most frustrating from what I’ve experienced-don’t quote me on this, 4/7 of the Groups I joined had… “Nasty” people… I’ll try and cover a wider variety from now on & join ones already attempted

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Bread.7516

etcetcetc….

There are very few 1 shot mobs I can think of and I run full zerk ele.

The lupi projectile aoe can be avoided in a lot of ways, you don’t even have to dodge everything.

About this slow instakill animation that roots you, i think you’re referring to the crusher and hunter boss. If this is a problem for you, why not take a condi/immobile remover? or a block/invul utility?

This just seems like you don’t really know the dungeon very well. Youtube videos of runs can help a lot.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Dungeon is fine. All you need is someone who shows you how to beat it.

That’s 100% true. The “problem” of Arah (except P3, maybe) is that it has an incredibly steep learning curve, which makes most pugs quit before they’re halfway through it. I thought of P2 as being like hell, too – then Dub, Molch and some others showed me a few times how to do it properly and it became pretty easy. Since then, I myself have explained it to quite a bunch of people from my guild and it was never a big problem.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Archaeopteryx.7409

etcetcetc….

The lupi projectile aoe can be avoided in a lot of ways, you don’t even have to dodge everything.

About this slow instakill animation that roots you, i think you’re referring to the crusher and hunter boss. If this is a problem for you, why not take a condi/immobile remover? or a block/invul utility?

This just seems like you don’t really know the dungeon very well. Youtube videos of runs can help a lot.

I never had a problem with Lupi if I’m honest-it was mainly the parts after that….

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Zoltreez.6435

etcetcetc….

necro don’t have block invul
used remover got rooted again befor got out of range not once lol
if I could show the pic when Lupi puts around you so many aoes that you cant dodge out and hits you sooo many times that no reflect or block would save you I would.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Zoltreez.6435

etcetcetc….

I never had a problem with Lupi if I’m honest-it was mainly the parts after that….

after lupi the dungeon is easy faceroll almost.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Bread.7516

etcetcetc….

necro don’t have block invul
used remover got rooted again befor got out of range not once lol
if I could show the pic when Lupi puts around you so many aoes that you cant dodge out and hits you sooo many times that no reflect or block would save you I would.

phase 2 mass aoe can be dodged and walked around. If that’s not enough you always have the F1 skill. Many people solo lupi and have to deal with this mass aoe burst.

you dont really need block/invul, it;s just a suggestion you can use your spectral skill that teleports you if it really is such an issue. if you get rooted in succession that often during hunter/crusher get someone in your party to drop a reflect on the hunter.

In any case these are just suggestions, lupi isn’t really hard when you know how to take him down. I suggest checking out necro solo lupi video if he’s the biggest problem you have in your run.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

“Skip” them just to get past it!? A Dungeon is made to complete, and whenever we skip parts, it becomes increasingly difficult because we’re stuck in the middle of (literally) two undead armies… Call me a noob if you’d like

Noob. Another one of those elitist people complaining about skipping trash mobs… Some parts are meant to be skipped. If you fought, literally everything in Arah, the dungeon would take 4-5 hours per path. “Ain’t nobody got time fo that” Why do you think you’ve failed 6/7 times?

People been doing this dungeon since the release. And if you’re not willing to listen, nobody will be willing to help you. If you want to “grind” trash mobs, make your own group and advertise that you’re “clearing” everything. Don’t force your gameplay on others.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Don’t listen to those elitists . Arah must be cleared , every single mob must die to be a true hero . Aso you will need 3 guardians , pure healers , don’t take those berserker warriors they will drop in one second . Ask them to ping their cleric healer set on join . And once you have your 3 cleric guardians you can look for cleric elementalist , both are great healers . That’s how it must done.
Oh I forgot you will need a ranger with a bear , it will be your main tank.

(edited by a t s e.9614)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Ok enough having a go at me; I’ve actually looked over "IAmLegionAndIAmOne"’s Video’s on YouTube over all Paths more than once,

Ding ding ding. I think we have found the problem. The blind leading the blind, or something to that effect.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I had no idea he had path guides xd. Pretty sure they are months out of date and using really bad pug tactics though.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

guanlongwucaii.3162

Ok enough having a go at me; I’ve actually looked over "IAmLegionAndIAmOne"’s Video’s on YouTube over all Paths more than once,

Ding ding ding. I think we have found the problem. The blind leading the blind, or something to that effect.

LOL that’s what I thought as well

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

OP, I think you’re reading some people as being rude/mean because this is one of the only decently challenging dungeons in the game, along with high level fotm. The majority whine about how hard dungeons are, so then Anet nerfs the living crap out of them, and the people who want a challenge are stuck to a select few. They promised us fotm with increasing difficulty, we hit the limit several months ago so now we twiddle our thumbs.

Anywho, back to arah, I used to think the same as you. I’m a good mesmer, so I tell myself, and thought I was awesome using PUG tactics. Chuck picked me up as a 5th for his Arah runs and showed me what actually to do. If you do it right, then the whole dungeon becomes less of a nightmare. It has surpassed COE as my favorite dungeon, but only with competent groups that know what they are doing.

RIP in peace Robert

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Don’t listen to those elitists . Arah must be cleared , every single mob must die to be a true hero . Aso you will need 3 guardians , pure healers , don’t take those berserker warriors they will drop in one second . Ask them to ping their cleric healer set on join . And once you have your 3 cleric guardians you can look for cleric elementalist , both are great healers . That’s how it must done.
Oh I forgot you will need a ranger with a bear , it will be your main tank.

a t s e is getting good!

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Arah is the most difficult dungeon, but nothing more than that. CoE is also a difficult dungeon for a group that goes in without tactics, but because so many pick up groups share common knowledge tactics CoE plays easily nowadays. Arah tactics were never shared that widely and there is massive gulf in capability between experienced Arah runners and new players. This has led to the path selling. Path buyers typically learn no tactics.

The best way to learn the dungeon fully is to go through it all with a guild group and learn from mistakes. After doing that once you’ll appreciate what the skipping and PUG tactics actually deliver and how many problems they negate.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

a t s e.9614

Yes i’m getting very very good . I noticed that my thief can’t heal the party in clerics , now i play a guardian it heals like a true a Monk . I wonder why people say it’s bad , i keep those noob zerkers alive , they go down in 1 sec but then i can be the true hero and heal them all .

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

We run Arah p1-4 most days (though I’m beginning to lose hope on getting Bloodstone Fragment.) I think today it took something like 1.5-2 hours all up? Granted they’re pretty kitten casual as far as runs go cough cough three manning the bosses because two people want to level their alts, people going AFK, potty breaks, etc etc.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

We run Arah p1-4 most days (though I’m beginning to lose hope on getting Bloodstone Fragment.) I think today it took something like 1.5-2 hours all up? Granted they’re pretty kitten casual as far as runs go cough cough three manning the bosses because two people want to level their alts, people going AFK, potty breaks, etc etc.

No melandrus were killed that day

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: jayb.1329

jayb.1329

Arah difficulty is wayyyy overhyped, I’m sure it was tough around launch but since then it’s pretty easy…..gw2 players are just extremely dramatic

path 3 is the easiest
then path 2
then path 1
then path 4

find one experienced player to lead and i’m sure you’ll realize people blow this dungeon way outta proportion

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

All you need is one person, who is good at it, if the rest have done the path at least once or are good listeners and know their character well, there shouldn’t be any problems.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

laharl.8435

Arah is the most difficult dungeon, but nothing more than that. CoE is also a difficult dungeon for a group that goes in without tactics, but because so many pick up groups share common knowledge tactics CoE plays easily nowadays. Arah tactics were never shared that widely and there is massive gulf in capability between experienced Arah runners and new players. This has led to the path selling. Path buyers typically learn no tactics.

The best way to learn the dungeon fully is to go through it all with a guild group and learn from mistakes. After doing that once you’ll appreciate what the skipping and PUG tactics actually deliver and how many problems they negate.

Don’t know if I’ll ever appreciate pug tactics. P3 itself is so annoying.

pull crusher….
jump over tree (which one person can never do) instead of just running around…
safe spot mage crusher…
lupicus…
range wraith…

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Yes i’m getting very very good . I noticed that my thief can’t heal the party in clerics , now i play a guardian it heals like a true a Monk . I wonder why people say it’s bad , i keep those noob zerkers alive , they go down in 1 sec but then i can be the true hero and heal them all .

I think you are bit too obvious. Try like 10 seconds.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

a t s e.9614

What? You don’t believe me right ? It’s the truth im sorry . Damage dosen’t matters , the most important thing is to heal your party and play how you want. I will get my buddies from living story , we will raise our voices to stop this berserker non-sense .

Arah-Impossible to farm?

guanlongwucaii.3162

Don’t know if I’ll ever appreciate pug tactics. P3 itself is so annoying.

pull crusher….
jump over tree (which one person can never do) instead of just running around…
safe spot mage crusher…
lupicus…
range wraith…

jumping over the tree is the most kittened exploit ever. the run isn’t even that hard to make.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I had no idea people actually ranged the wraith.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Oh, I think you have no idea about all the great things you only see in pugs.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Arah-Impossible to farm?

laharl.8435

I had no idea people actually ranged the wraith.

Actually that part is better than it used to be, I probably could have left it out but I put it in for extra whine.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

Why use ranged weapons if you also can melee him from a safespot?
Why should anyone use ranged weapons in this game?

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Why use ranged weapons if you also can melee him from a safespot?
Why should anyone use ranged weapons in this game?

Wow dude… Don’t come to fractals…

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

What? You don’t believe me right ? It’s the truth im sorry . Damage dosen’t matters , the most important thing is to heal your party and play how you want. I will get my buddies from living story , we will raise our voices to stop this berserker non-sense .

Are you like… a Steven-Colbert-level troll? Or are you serious?

People don’t just need heals in there, you have to do condition damage as well.

#ApothecaryMeta2014

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD