Arah-Impossible to farm?

Arah-Impossible to farm?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Why use ranged weapons if you also can melee him from a safespot?
Why should anyone use ranged weapons in this game?

Wow dude… Don’t come to fractals…

You can melee everything in fractals, although it’s probably not a good idea for 99% of the player base.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

You can melee everything in fractals, although it’s probably not a good idea for 99% of the player base.

Good example would be Dredge fractal’s final boss. Since you have to kite him around the map, you’re pretty much useless if you don’t have ranged weapon. But regardless, it’s true that you can melee pretty much everything, but you have to have a specialized group for that. You can just jump into a random pug and start to melee everything, because you don’t “believe” in range weapon. You will end up being down 90% of the time and end up being a dead weight for the whole party. On higher level fractals it’s never a good idea to melee straight up.

On the side note, fractals are not like dungeons. You have to be prepared for things, bring 2, 3 maybe even 4 weapon sets so you can adjust to different situations since you never know what’s coming next. It’s not a Zerker melee playground like most dungeons.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

laharl.8435

Good example would be Dredge fractal’s final boss. Since you have to kite him around the map, you’re pretty much useless if you don’t have ranged weapon. But regardless, it’s true that you can melee pretty much everything, but you have to have a specialized group for that. You can just jump into a random pug and start to melee everything, because you don’t “believe” in range weapon. You will end up being down 90% of the time and end up being a dead weight for the whole party. On higher level fractals it’s never a good idea to melee straight up.

On the side note, fractals are not like dungeons. You have to be prepared for things, bring 2, 3 maybe even 4 weapon sets so you can adjust to different situations since you never know what’s coming next. It’s not a Zerker melee playground like most dungeons.

Like I said, bad idea for 99% of the player base. You don’t have to kite the Underground bosses around the map. You can just drop lava on them and melee, but easier said than done.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Good to know you are the part of that 99%.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Nothing wrong with that. I have a toon that is not a part of that 99%, but that’s beside the point.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

aoe circles hitting you and instakilling you even after you dodge out
sometimes the boss puts down too many aoe around you even if you would have like 5 dodge you would still end up inside an aoe with no room to evade ( instakill )
Bosses with slow animation so that you could dodge it but it also roots you so you cant dodge ( instakill )
Trash mobs wiping pugs sometimes (lol)

etcetcetc….
other dungeons are actualy fun but this is lame.

There are very few 1 shot mobs I can think of and I run full zerk ele.

The lupi projectile aoe can be avoided in a lot of ways, you don’t even have to dodge everything.

About this slow instakill animation that roots you, i think you’re referring to the crusher and hunter boss. If this is a problem for you, why not take a condi/immobile remover? or a block/invul utility?

This just seems like you don’t really know the dungeon very well. Youtube videos of runs can help a lot.

necro don’t have block invul
used remover got rooted again befor got out of range not once lol
if I could show the pic when Lupi puts around you so many aoes that you cant dodge out and hits you sooo many times that no reflect or block would save you I would.

phase 2 mass aoe can be dodged and walked around. If that’s not enough you always have the F1 skill. Many people solo lupi and have to deal with this mass aoe burst.

you dont really need block/invul, it;s just a suggestion you can use your spectral skill that teleports you if it really is such an issue. if you get rooted in succession that often during hunter/crusher get someone in your party to drop a reflect on the hunter.

In any case these are just suggestions, lupi isn’t really hard when you know how to take him down. I suggest checking out necro solo lupi video if he’s the biggest problem you have in your run.

you don’t get it do you ? there are sometimes that you CANT walk around or dodge bicous he puts an AoE in every single place multiple ones without any free space in every direction and yeah I have 30K hp + Deathshroud still getting insta killed if this happens circles hitting you multiple times….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

sometimes the boss puts down too many aoe around you even if you would have like 5 dodge you would still end up inside an aoe with no room to evade ( instakill )
Bosses with slow animation so that you could dodge it but it also roots you so you cant dodge ( instakill )

etcetcetc….

The lupi projectile aoe can be avoided in a lot of ways, you don’t even have to dodge everything.

About this slow instakill animation that roots you, i think you’re referring to the crusher and hunter boss. If this is a problem for you, why not take a condi/immobile remover? or a block/invul utility?

This just seems like you don’t really know the dungeon very well. Youtube videos of runs can help a lot.

if I could show the pic when Lupi puts around you so many aoes that you cant dodge out and hits you sooo many times that no reflect or block would save you I would.

phase 2 mass aoe can be dodged and walked around. If that’s not enough you always have the F1 skill. Many people solo lupi and have to deal with this mass aoe burst.

you dont really need block/invul, it;s just a suggestion you can use your spectral skill that teleports you if it really is such an issue. if you get rooted in succession that often during hunter/crusher get someone in your party to drop a reflect on the hunter.

In any case these are just suggestions, lupi isn’t really hard when you know how to take him down. I suggest checking out necro solo lupi video if he’s the biggest problem you have in your run.

you don’t get it do you ? there are sometimes that you CANT walk around or dodge bicous he puts an AoE in every single place multiple ones without any free space in every direction and yeah I have 30K hp + Deathshroud still getting insta killed if this happens circles hitting you multiple times….

30k hp? o.O

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

etcetcetc….

I think i get it pretty well since i do this almost every day multiple times. i also sometimes solo with zerk gear. im trying to give some advice but if you don’t want it and just want to make excuses for yourself then good luck with that.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Nothing wrong with that. I have a toon that is not a part of that 99%, but that’s beside the point.

Hmmm. Would that mean that your one toon is therefore capable of meleeing everything in high lvl fractals?

Something to this effect? http://youtu.be/Mq0iVBDQXB8

(I’m not in this video – credit to DEKeyz2Chaos, Obal, and I’m not sure who else was in that video since I don’t know them personally, haha)

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by DigitalKirin.9714)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

etcetcetc….

How petulant. I get a strong air of, “I think I’m a good player and if you say something isn’t as difficult as I say it is then that means I must not be a great player so you have to be wrong,” or, “My experiences are more valid than your experiences” from you.

Yeah, it’s cool, you’re frustrated or whatever, but honestly, just go watch a Lupicus solo and see what those players do if you’re so bamboozled. And ditch the necro, literally one of the bottom rungs of all classes to engage Lupicus with.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ignore him, hes a soldier mm necro. That negative lupi dps!

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

I assume you are ranging lupi. When he does his AoE, dodge towards him. If you are at 1200 range, wait for a second before dodging. The projectiles have a semi-slow travel speed and hit closest to him first.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Ignore him, hes a soldier mm necro. That negative lupi dps!

The perfect addition to the perma-scepter guard I met in CoE yesterday.

Anyway, just had quite some fun at Lupi. My guild group decided to try it melee and, in the end, spent an hour wiping to him before we decided to range him again. His kicks and punches are great newbie-killers.

Somehow, that reminded me of the good old WoW raids a long time ago when you could spent weeks or months wiping at the same boss again and again.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Arah difficulty is wayyyy overhyped, I’m sure it was tough around launch but since then it’s pretty easy…..gw2 players are just extremely dramatic

path 3 is the easiest
then path 2
then path 1
then path 4

find one experienced player to lead and i’m sure you’ll realize people blow this dungeon way outta proportion

I personally find p3 the hardest path by far.
I’d probably order it 2->1->4->3
Ironic that it drops the least gold.

No melandrus were killed that day

If it wasn’t one of the most ludicrous fights in game skipping him would bother me… But alas it doesn’t
(And probably why I place p4 after p3.)

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

No melandrus were killed that day

If it wasn’t one of the most ludicrous fights in game skipping him would bother me… But alas it doesn’t
(And probably why I place p4 after p3.)

Spikyspikyspikyspikyspiky fruit

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

etcetcetc….

How petulant. I get a strong air of, “I think I’m a good player and if you say something isn’t as difficult as I say it is then that means I must not be a great player so you have to be wrong,” or, “My experiences are more valid than your experiences” from you.

Yeah, it’s cool, you’re frustrated or whatever, but honestly, just go watch a Lupicus solo and see what those players do if you’re so bamboozled. And ditch the necro, literally one of the bottom rungs of all classes to engage Lupicus with.

yep watched and not in a single video happened something that happened with me in there. its not hard then I did the boss also a few times now but when THAT happens you 100% going down.

so I taked a picture from the web and edited it with my epic Painting skills lol just to show you guys happened with me for the 2nd time

dodge this.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2vsnfj9.jpg

I don’t know if this is a bug or something but its annoying.

im starting to think this many aoe needs to do something with my army of minions sommuned.

does the minions increase the number of aoes ?

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

spoj.9672

Pretty sure you can dodge them all. Refer to pretty much every lupi solo video.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

etcetcetc….

yep watched and not in a single video happened something that happened with me in there. its not hard then I did the boss also a few times now but when THAT happens you 100% going down.

so I taked a picture from the web and edited it with my epic Painting skills lol just to show you guys happened with me for the 2nd time

dodge this.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2vsnfj9.jpg

I don’t know if this is a bug or something but its annoying.

im starting to think this many aoe needs to do something with my army of minions sommuned.

does the minions increase the number of aoes ?

easy, single or double dodge on melee range or in 1 controlled place. deathshroud incase 1 stray bullet falls on you, done.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Perhaps I’m still fairly new to Lupi but it feels like there’s that element of RNG to Phase 2 AoE’s. For instance one evade chain (Withdrawal, evade, teleport back in) will work 99% of the time but on occasion I’ll get hit with one tick (and get instagibbed) either between evades or after porting back in, despite doing it the exact same way each time :/

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Arah-Impossible to farm?

spoj.9672

There are a few random projectile which will troll you. But the only class that should be a problem for is necro cause they have to solely rely on dodges, even then they have DS to absorb the random hits.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

laharl.8435

Pretty sure you can dodge them all. Refer to pretty much every lupi solo video.

To be fair, the aoe is very easily dodgeable when solo. It gets more difficult with 5 people but still doable, and most classes have more than just dodging to help evade.

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

If you do it right, then the whole dungeon becomes less of a nightmare. It has surpassed COE as my favorite dungeon, but only with competent groups that know what they are doing.

Oh yeah. Truest words spoken here. I started my arah career by watching Strife’s videos followed by slogging through days upon days of pugging. Then I started adding like minded folk to get my arah farming going. And I really love this dungeon. It is fun as hell.

Now that I got my 5 man Arah group locked in, it has become that much better <3

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

I dodge that mine field like 15 times in every pug path that I run, and happen to pug 2-3 paths a day. Just save your kitten dodge. If you are very far away from him, because they are projectiles that require time to travel, wait a second and then double roll until you know better how it works.

I don’t believe you watched a single solo video if you think you’ve “never” seen him use it in said videos, since that is his signature phase 2 ability and he uses it frequently. You’re just making excuses.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

(edited by Young Somalia.1706)

Arah-Impossible to farm?

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Practiced lupicus in path 2 for a few hours solo, got good at it then branched out to other paths eventually.

After over half a year of FotM Lv48 pugging, i don’t think i could have handled pugging Arah aswell, especially seeing how almost all players worth something already have guilds or mostly fixed groups. Also, you almost only get trash players like Bearbows for FotM 48 nowadays, unless you spend time sorting out the trash.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)