Arah List for Devs

Arah List for Devs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Hello Devs,

As requested, a list of changes we would like to see in dungeons:
1. Giganticus Lupicus should not be able to be skipped. Period.
a. If Lupicus walks into a door frame, he will reset.
b. Sometimes, Lupi can turn invisible and shadowstep to a player.
2. Both Simin and Farnax (and to a certain extent, Kaisar) can be bugged out by their surrounding terrrain; Farnax and Kaisar can be pushed into their respective statues, and Simin can get caught up on a bit of terrain and not attack.
3. P4 final boss can be afk-ranged
4. If you’re going to be putting in an extra event, please give us a reason to complete it (A substantial one)

I’m kinda burnt for the day. Please add to this. (Don’t put “Should not be able to skip mobs” or “No stacking”)

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Addition to Farnaz: If you attack her during her emote, you can keep her stuck. No statue needed.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Instead of having Lupi accidentally reset, a fix I would like for walling/doors is that Lupi periodically shadowsteps to the middle of the arena (without a target) and does an aoe attack from there. This should happen at the beginning of phase 2 then periodically for the rest of the fight.

Arah List for Devs

IvanTheGrey.2941

That wouldn’t make much sense though. He does his Shadowstep for a good reason, and it’s not a game-breaking bug. Resetting mid fight though? As any soloer can attest to, much QQ

Arah List for Devs

Kurr.4179

That wouldn’t make much sense though. He does his Shadowstep for a good reason, and it’s not a game-breaking bug. Resetting mid fight though? As any soloer can attest to, much QQ

But, that’s the point of it. It means no more resets just because he got near a door. It also means no more wall/reflect insta-kills.

Arah List for Devs

IvanTheGrey.2941

But, that’s the point of it. It means no more resets just because he got near a door. It also means no more wall/reflect insta-kills.

No, I understand and agree that insta-kills shouldn’t be able to happen, I just think that a random shadowstep to the middle of the room+AoE might not be the best way to get around that.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

This thread is for the ruined city of arah and any suggestions for it. Remember to keep it in dot form.

-Fix the Waypoints in path 1 and 2 that do not show up until later in the paths.

Arah List for Devs

Kurr.4179

Arah List for Devs

Minigrump.4961

could notsee it stickied when i posted because i am blind xD sorry for the dupe thread

Arah List for Devs

Minigrump.4961

Fix the waypoints in path 1 and 2 that spawn after they are no longer useful

Arah List for Devs

Minigrump.4961

Also there is a bug with the last boss of p2 where if you are downed and she teleports everyone back into the chokehold room, you do not get teleported.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I don’t know if it’s the texture of walls or what, but some walls you can’t put lines down like that, some you can. The walls in Lupi’s room need to have that done to them to prevent that trick. I won’t lie, I did it today, got my giggles, and that’s probably the last time I’ll ever do it, I just couldn’t resist doing it at least once before it’s addressed.

They can’t make the attack unblockable, that screws over basically every normal answer to that attack. A global fix to reflects may also work, adjusting reflects to no longer reflect the same damage but instead turn it into a new attack based on the players stats. I’d actually really like that.

I think preventing walling enemies would be bad because that keeps them from moving. The main reason i want them to stop moving is because then I can more clearly see some of the subtle animations. Seeing Lupi’s kick for instance when he’s bobbing his head and moving his feet as he moves around is much more difficult for me than when he’s stationary. Maybe it’s because I’m still a noob at Lupi but I rather them not make meleeing him more difficult just yet

Arah List for Devs

NovaanVerdiano.6174

They can’t make the attack unblockable, that screws over basically every normal answer to that attack. A global fix to reflects may also work, adjusting reflects to no longer reflect the same damage but instead turn it into a new attack based on the players stats. I’d actually really like that.

Reflects actually take the power of the enemy/player whose attack is getting reflected.
If it would take the power of the person who’s reflecting, that problem would be nonexistent.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Reflects actually take the power of the enemy/player whose attack is getting reflected.
If it would take the power of the person who’s reflecting, that problem would be nonexistent.

Mhm, right now it just takes the reflectees crit chance into account but not their power. So exactly if they used the players power that’d likely solve it. Not sure what the coefficient is on some of these NPC attacks though, if they just have super high power of it it’s just super high coefficients, I figured coefficients which is why I was suggesting a new attack, but either way, whatever gets it to not hit for 10-20k and more like 2kish or so.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

learn2dodge works nicely and is the most normal answer there is.

OnT
All paths: sequenced triggering of bosses. puzzles need not be touched and mountain goats can have their fun without any unintended gain.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

All paths: sequenced triggering of bosses. puzzles need not be touched and mountain goats can have their fun without any unintended gain.

I can’t begin to emphasize how huge this is: Force all bosses in a path, including Lupi, to be killed in the correct order before players can get rewards.

The invisible walls just keep us from exploring the really awesome city that can’t be seen from the regular paths.

Exploring != Exploiting.

Arah List for Devs

dlonie.6547

No, I understand and agree that insta-kills shouldn’t be able to happen, I just think that a random shadowstep to the middle of the room+AoE might not be the best way to get around that.

Wouldn’t have to be random. When he gets pushed to within 200 units of the wall, he walks/shadowsteps/teleports back towards the center or along the edge. Could end up very natural if he just casually walks back away from the wall, or just circles, preparing for his next attack.

- Solves all of the wall advantages (face it, completely shutting down an attack by pushing a boss into a wall is not intended using any measure of common sense).
— Swarms spawning outside of the wall in phase 1.
— More likely to shadowstep in phase 2
— Can’t do guard Consecrated Ground melt in phase 2
— Phase 3 bubbles and AoE projectile blasts still happen
— Dodging into the wall the whole fight is, IMO, a tad OP
— Won’t be able to just grind all DMG from a [Whirlwind Attack] into him.
- Solves the reset at door issue.
- Adds a bit more challenge back into the fight that is becoming stale for veterans without making the fight excessively challenging for newer players.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Path 1:
-Varra Skylark is the only dungeon NPC in the game that frequently attacks trash mobs without a player engaging in combat or the mobs aggroing to begin with. Her AI is severely flawed.

-Korga frequently gets stuck on terrain/in the walls after rushing. He can frequently bug after getting himself out, resulting in his movement speed being doubled.

Path 2:
-Belka’s cutscene sometimes won’t start. I used to think it was because of the NPC not being nearby for the cutscene, but I’ve recently had it happen with the NPC standing right next to me so now I’m not entirely sure what causes it.

-Belka’s electrical orbs have very very inaccurate aoe range indicators. Please fix them. A player can be over 600 range away from where an orb lands and still sometimes get hit from it.

-Belka will stop teleporting if everyone in the party runs behind the bone wall by the entrance after engaging her. She will not lose aggro immediately, so she will only partially reset instead of fully reset. Waiting long enough results in her fully resetting.

-Berserker Abomination’s jump attack can sometimes bug; either the animation for it can sometimes delay or the damage/cc from it can sometimes hit early. The result is basically the players within the area being hit from the attack right as he’s first jumping into the air, which is obviously inaccurate.

-Alphard is a very buggy boss and deserves her own mini-list:
a) Sometimes goes invulnerable and resets while kiting her around the boxes. Video of this happening: http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3857894
b) If she is interrupted the exact moment she’s about to teleport to the middle to begin her daggerstorm or goes invulnerable (from the first bug mentioned above) as she’s about to, she’ll immediately begin daggerstorming in place without resetting to the center. Video of this happening: http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3958251
c) If anyone in the party is not at Alphard (behind the bone wall), she will instantly reset to full HP sometimes. I believe this might be because she wants to target them. This only happens when someone isn’t at Alphard yet is in the party. Sadly I don’t have a video demonstrating this right now.

-Brie’s cutscene sometimes won’t start either, resulting in the entire path being lost. In both cases, it has something to do with the NPC.

-Brie can be held at low health by intentionally downing by the trash mobs that attack the terminal right before it is destroyed, which will avoid the teleport and thereby enable the downed player to rally off of a grub and stand out of Brie’s aggro range. While this isn’t a bug, it’s certainly unintended and overlooked.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

Path 3:
-All of the encounters preceding the light orbs + Lupicus can be skipped.

-All of the mobs at the start of the path (including the 4 silver mobs at the gate) can be skipped if the players are standing at the gate entrance before the path is selected. This doesn’t seem like a bug, but it certainly seems that the gate guards were intended to be killed, as that’s typically how the door is opened.

-Wraithlord Crusher and Hunter don’t always reset to their original locations when pulled towards the entrance.

-The NPC (Warden Illyra) can be killed by the spiders during the part where she retrieves the chicken from the cage on the way to the altar of Glaust. This is understandable, but after reviving her she gets stuck. The only way to fix her is to lure mobs around her and she’ll begin attacking them, resulting in her unfreezing.

-The elite wraiths in the ending ritual very frequently will go invulnerable and reset while kiting them around unless the person basically stays in the middle of the area. I’m fairly confident that this is unintended, as it is very awkward and unrealistic for mobs to have such a small aggro range in games.

-The Wraithlord can go invulnerable in certain places too. Video of it happening: http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/4558601

Path 4:
-All of the encounters preceding the light orbs + Lupicus can be skipped.

-Kaiser (Balthazar) and Farnaz (Lyssa) can be bugged by repeatedly striking them as soon as they spawn, resulting in them getting stuck in their taunting animations.

-When fighting Farnaz (Lyssa), the confusion stacks are sometimes instantly applied when the clones first appear if one of the clones is damaged enough to be destroyed before they are shattered. I’m confident this is unintended and the confusion stacks are only meant to be applied once she shatters her clones, rather than before and after.

-Simin (Dwayna) can be bugged by aggroing her and running behind certain objects (a specific rock on the left-side upon entering the area is most frequently used for this) before she has a chance to attack. She will quickly unfreeze if she isn’t attacked for a certain amount of time or if she is cced.

-The sparks that spawn during the Simin (Dwayna) encounter when she goes into hiding will frequently bug and will reset if the person they are targeting is currently being attacked by 2 or more enemies (i.e. already 2 sparks on them).

-The last encounter with the Bloodstone Shard — the shard can be held at 1% by simply running out of its aggro range. This is a design flaw, as the shard is rooted and obviously needs to have a limited aggro range. My suggestion is that if the shard is unable to attack/is obstructed for longer than 10 seconds, it should begin resetting.

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

Lupi gets his own post.

Giganticus Lupicus:

-Resets to full hp when inadvertently pushed into a door exit

-If he shadowsteps to someone on the wall, he’ll do weird crap like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd-4iNSc2Uc

-He can be instantly 1-shot during phase 2 if a reflection skill is used at the very source of where they originate. This is done by pushing Lupicus towards the wall and either using ground targeting skills on top of the wall (and therefore on Lupi), or if a player with reflect skills is standing on top of the wall and timing a reflect at the right instant. This is not a bug, but it’s obviously unintended. Video of this happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYbEgdpOBVo

-Various terrain throughout the arena causes him to bug, resulting in his ranged attacks on phases 2 and 3 to occasionally hit even if standing directly beneath him and sometimes in rare cases he’ll even use his bubble/trap attack while directly beneath him!

-In phase 3 he sometimes runs away and bubbles… he isn’t supposed to do that. Example of it happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPtf7kflZps

-The aoe indicator for his rapid fire/frenzied blast attack on phase 3 is fairly inaccurate.

Extra suggestion for Arah P1:

I think that the path ending is too lackluster once Lupicus is killed. Either Korga needs to become mandatory for the last encounter to trigger or the last encounter itself needs to be changed, because there’s no reason why this path should have so much less happening in it than the others.
Possible suggestions
a) Perhaps make Korga required, but make it so that if an elite gorilla is killed the corpses do not respawn. Currently, they always will respawn in either the same location or anywhere randomly throughout the area.
b) Perhaps give Jotun Skygazer a few extra attacks, for example a kick when in melee range that does heavy damage and a knockback. Also I think that the two spawned crystals in the room with the spiders should not respawn, encouraging players to make use of reflects/active cc/blocks. He should also do his lava font attack more frequently to increase the pressure.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: PandorasBane.2319

PandorasBane.2319

So correct me if I am wrong, since I’ve some experience with level editing, asset imports and dealing with collisions and all sorts. I’m pretty sure that, Anet’s solution at the moment is to do general patches on skippable areas with invisible walls. As one area gets exposed to the world by all of you great talents. They just go in and lazily put up some invisible wall, and problem is solved.

The long term solution is to chain the boss kill events so they have to be unlocked sequentially. This might be an extra set of work to do across the board for all paths of all dungeons, but it will stop skipping once in for all.

What do you guys think?

Chix Vi
80 Elementalist/Guardian/Mesmer/War
[SAO][Rx][Noob]

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Lupi gets his own post.

-The aoe indicator for his rapid fire/frenzied blast attack on phase 3 is fairly inaccurate.

I thought it was Phase two with the barrage of AOE attacks where the AOE indicator is really inaccurate and the attacks hit outside of the aoe indicators.

Arah List for Devs

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Lupi gets his own post.

I thought it was Phase two with the barrage of AOE attacks where the AOE indicator is really inaccurate and the attacks hit outside of the aoe indicators.

In phase 2 it only seems inaccurate, but projectiles can hit you in mid-flight. This is a huge pain and I’d like projectiles to be more visible, but it’s not a bug.
For the Frenzied Blast however, dodge behind Lupi, stay behind directly behind the AoE-Indicator, still eat damage. This problem is prevalent in the whole game und should be a high priority fix.

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

Lupi gets his own post.

In phase 2 it only seems inaccurate, but projectiles can hit you in mid-flight. This is a huge pain and I’d like projectiles to be more visible, but it’s not a bug.
For the Frenzied Blast however, dodge behind Lupi, stay behind directly behind the AoE-Indicator, still eat damage. This problem is prevalent in the whole game und should be a high priority fix.

Precisely. It’s also why I always use lifesteal on crit food if off-wall soloing, because it’s essentially impossible to not take damage at all with my high latency even if I evade through him instantly. It’s a consequence of not only being on wireless, but I play on EU yet live in the states.

To put it into perspective, I’m not used to having ping lower than ~270-300.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

-Make the bosses mandatory for progress (will save you hours and hours of time constantly having to throw up invisible walls to stop exploiting)

-Change the Priest of Grenth to be like his open world temple counterpart

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Change the golem suit+spiders section in path 2 to be more reliable for players with the right tactics (rather than making every alternative increasingly punishing and annoying). The puzzles in most paths present some fun for new players and a quick bit of jumping/timing for the experienced player but the golem suit is just not fun on repeat visits.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Change Ghasem (Grenth) to be like the Grenth priest in the open world temple event. Can use the existing marks on the floor as the wells that appear in that fight. Would turn a boss no one enjoys into an interesting fight with a pace that can be dictated by the players and less waiting for mobs to spawn.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

If you want players to stop using the wall (which prevents some attacks from Lupi) you could just add a poison cloud surrounding the wall and gates (similar to a Risen Defiler).
Once Lupicus is dead, the poison cloud is gone.

However, if you apply this change you also have to enforce that you cant pull Lupicus outside of the arena and kill him on a wall outside

(edited by Alex.9106)

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Path 3:

- If the NPC is killed right when she takes the chicken, the event log will change and the waypoint spawn. However, the NPC won’t have the chicken any more, which stops the entire dungeon progress. Unlike her just dying at the cage before the waypoint spawns, this cannot be fixed by getting her hit/killed again.

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Arah List for Devs

dlonie.6547

Path 2:

- The waypoint after the spiders (but before the deadeyes) immediately after Belka was removed at some point, several months ago. It’d be nice to get it back.

- Not sure if this is intended, but speaking of that run, the range on those spiders’ bite attack is ridiculous. It literally makes going past the turret without a loooong invuln impossible once the spiders are attacking it. Newer players often have a lot of trouble finding the “secret path” around it, or even figuring out what killed them by the turret, since they were so far away from the mobs.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

- Change priest of Melandru to be like the priest in Open World

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I actually think we should leave Lupi alone as a reward for players to finally deal with that meddlesome boss after 2 years. The consecration wall trick is cheesy, we all know it, but it took us 2 years to figure it out. And people fail to mention that sometimes Lupi just won’t do his phase 2 aoe and resort to his claw/swipe attacks. If people are tired of the wall trick, they can simply ask a guard not to do it, or kick him/her for doing so. I really think it was a clever finding of dungeon community and it should be left as it is. And furthermore assuming from my own experience with randoms/pugs majority haven’t even attempted Arah.

Tour

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

I want to add something else.

Please don’t “fix” the plethora of jumping puzzles by adding more invisible walls. That is not the answer! The amount of ways that I know to travel around Arah make it pretty obvious that it wouldn’t do anything other than force others to use another method.

Forget the invisible walls. They aren’t actually fixing the problem, which is that bosses are skippable.

If you want to prevent people from skipping Lupicus, then make his death/the pantheon waypoint required in order to proceed to the next segment of the path. The same goes with everything else— everything in paths 3 and 4 before the light orbs are skippable so my suggestion to fix this is to have the lights only activate/trigger at the same time the door is opened (the door after mage crusher dies in P3 and after Farnaz (Lyssa) in P4).

These two solutions would prevent literally every boss from being skipped in Arah!

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

[snip]
Possible suggestions
a) Perhaps make Korga required, but make it so that if an elite gorilla is killed the corpses do not respawn. Currently, they always will respawn in either the same location or anywhere randomly throughout the area.
[snip]

Though I’m not against making Korga required to kill, I would insist on debugging him before doing so.
Usually we just run past that guy but lately we chose to give it a shot. Pulled him a short distance from where he initially stands (so we don’t have to deal with an army of elite gorillas all the time but only with a squad; I would estimate the ingame distance was about somewhat about 900 to 1200, depending on where that rampaging ape was moving during the fight. Still we were always in range of gorilla corpses, there was still an area of aprox. 2000 filled with corpses to both sides).
What happened? When he was down on ~5-10% health, he suddenly turned around, instantly becoming invulnearable, regenerating and moving back to his starting spot. Was our WTF moment for the evening.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

[snip]
Possible suggestions
[snip]

Though I’m not against making Korga required to kill, I would insist on debugging him before doing so.
Usually we just run past that guy but lately we chose to give it a shot. Pulled him a short distance from where he initially stands (so we don’t have to deal with an army of elite gorillas all the time but only with a squad; I would estimate the ingame distance was about somewhat about 900 to 1200, depending on where that rampaging ape was moving during the fight. Still we were always in range of gorilla corpses, there was still an area of aprox. 2000 filled with corpses to both sides).
What happened? When he was down on ~5-10% health, he suddenly turned around, instantly becoming invulnearable, regenerating and moving back to his starting spot. Was our WTF moment for the evening.

It can and will happen if you lure him out of his aggro range (if he rushes beyond it, it still counts and he’ll reset).

What I’m guessing happened is that you were fighting him fairly far out, and he charged at somebody who ended up being in an inconvenient direction and ran himself out of range. If not, then I’m not sure :P

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

- Change priest of Melandru to be like the priest in Open World

I’m actually pretty happy with the current Melandru. If you don’t really know what you’re doing you’ll basically just eat dirt 99% of the time, and you can’t even afk range it because of the pressure from gorillas and fauna, but if you know what’s up you can melee it.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Arah List for Devs

Nash.2681

[snip]
Possible suggestions
[snip]

It can and will happen if you lure him out of his aggro range (if he rushes beyond it, it still counts and he’ll reset).

What I’m guessing happened is that you were fighting him fairly far out, and he charged at somebody who ended up being in an inconvenient direction and ran himself out of range. If not, then I’m not sure :P

I know about the issue when pulling him too far away, that’s why I tried to give estimated numbers of how far at max we pulled him. Considering the area with the gorilla corpses looks like _| bent 90° counter-clockwise we fought him on the long bar may be 15% away from the corner. Hope this is somewhat understandable. And his rushing was always in a “from wall to wall” fashion, never along the way, so the distance from his original spot didnt really change. So I don’t think we pulled him too far away.
May be it was just Korga’s way to say “omg, you brought a Nec and a Ranger with you, are you kittening kidding me?!” :P

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Bug which is also relevant in TA and probably other places.

Spider spawns are already hostile and on the floor. At release they dropped down from the roof as you approached. One of the patches broke every single drop down spawn mob in the game and it was never addressed (spider packs in arah and TA, archers in first room of TA forward route and Malrona). All mobs are already spawned without you even being nearby.

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

Give the Ancient Ooze a small AOE ranged attack. I’m tired of all the afk safespots.

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

I know about the issue when pulling him too far away, that’s why I tried to give estimated numbers of how far at max we pulled him. Considering the area with the gorilla corpses looks like _| bent 90° counter-clockwise we fought him on the long bar may be 15% away from the corner. Hope this is somewhat understandable. And his rushing was always in a “from wall to wall” fashion, never along the way, so the distance from his original spot didnt really change. So I don’t think we pulled him too far away.
May be it was just Korga’s way to say “omg, you brought a Nec and a Ranger with you, are you kittening kidding me?!” :P

Interesting. That’s not happened to me then I don’t think, but I fight him in this area. I’d like it if you could record it again if you recall exactly how it happened and if you think it’d be repeatable.

Also on the topic of bugged bosses, I’m still trying to get a recording of Lupi bubbling me while standing literally right underneath him— it’s only happened to me twice when I wasn’t recording and it’s so frustrating. Lately he’s been running away from me, turning around and bubbling… so there’s definitely some weird sh** going on in Arah.

Spider spawns are already hostile and on the floor. At release they dropped down from the roof as you approached. One of the patches broke every single drop down spawn mob in the game and it was never addressed (spider packs in arah and TA, archers in first room of TA forward route and Malrona). All mobs are already spawned without you even being nearby.

Not only that, but the trash mobs that spawn in Arah right between the pact encamptment and the gate to wraithlord crusher+hunter in P3 often times spawn on top of the trees and below the ground. It’s weird as hell.

Give the Ancient Ooze a small AOE ranged attack. I’m tired of all the afk safespots.

Lol I don’t even know of any AFK safespots. I typically am the person to pull ooze in all of the pugs I’m in and fight him out in the open with GS + A/S, so I guess I never gave any pugs the opportunity to try it… or perhaps what you speak of isn’t very well-known yet?

Arah List for Devs

IvanTheGrey.2941

Interesting. That’s not happened to me then I don’t think, but I fight him in this area. I’d like it if you could record it again if you recall exactly how it happened and if you think it’d be repeatable.

Also on the topic of bugged bosses, I’m still trying to get a recording of Lupi bubbling me while standing literally right underneath him— it’s only happened to me twice when I wasn’t recording and it’s so frustrating. Lately he’s been running away from me, turning around and bubbling… so there’s definitely some weird sh** going on in Arah.

Not only that, but the trash mobs that spawn in Arah right between the pact encamptment and the gate to wraithlord crusher+hunter in P3 often times spawn on top of the trees and below the ground. It’s weird as hell.

Lol I don’t even know of any AFK safespots. I typically am the person to pull ooze in all of the pugs I’m in and fight him out in the open with GS + A/S, so I guess I never gave any pugs the opportunity to try it… or perhaps what you speak of isn’t very well-known yet?

No, it’s known. If you’re looking at the old coral spot from the Ancient Ooze’s position, it’s to the right, on the other side of the group of coral.

Arah List for Devs

RemiRome.8495

No, it’s known. If you’re looking at the old coral spot from the Ancient Ooze’s position, it’s to the right, on the other side of the group of coral.

or you know.

Attachments:

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

or you know.

Ah that lol.

Every time that happens where it just stays still in that position I run forward to lure him closer. I just assumed he’d reset otherwise.

Arah List for Devs

RemiRome.8495

I just assumed he’d reset otherwise.

21 minutes 24 seconds later.

Poor Oooze.

Attachments:

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

He’s just AFKing, give him a break. He’s bored of his lame attacks too!

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

Forgot to mention! There are certain spots in the dungon where your bundle items/consumables are instantly deleted/dropped while moving.

An example of this would be in path 2, past the spider cave and right before the first few sentinels + deadeye. If you have a harpy feather opened, for example, it’ll magically disappear as you’re walking without having pressed anything.

This also happens on the one rock hurdle on the way to the Lupicus arena near all those orrian turrets. There are some other places but I can’t remember all of them off the top of my head. Perhaps Dub might if he ever reads this thread (probs won’t sadly).

Arah List for Devs

Nash.2681

[snip]
[snip]

Ha, that’s almost exactly where we fought him, just a bit more to the ledge closer to his starting spot and with 2 or 3 elite gorillas which he revived during the “pulling process” and since then followed him. And we didn’t manage to keep him at the wall as well as you did in the video, he often ran to “the middle of the road” (in the direction of the opposing wall), but that shouldn’t have caused a reset at all since it was within the same radius from his starting spot .
Unfortunatly I can’t give a video (neither have the software nor do I have any clue of how to do that) and I don’t do Arah that often (may be a path once or twice a month, when some guild mates need help for their dungeon master).
Just remember this very situation so well due to the “WTF” factor and after all the good laugh we had.
But I will try to recall that very evening as precise as possible:
- I think the party consisted of a Guardian, a Mesmer, a Warrior, a Necromancer and a Ranger (may be it was an Engineer instead of the Nec, not 100% sure)
- we hack’n’slayed our way through p1, somewhen approached lupi, killed him
- moved on, came to the “Korga Area”, killed the gorillas and drakes on the way
- made a short stop before Korga, explaining the boss mechanics to our first timer and that we usually just run past that guy
- first timer suggested to give it a shot anyway since he was curious
- engaged Korga, tried fighting him in the corner, got overwhelmed by ressurected gorillas, wiped
- got ambitious, decided to give it one more try
- suggested to pull him a bit away from his starting spot to somewhere with less corpses
- pulled him to where you fought him, still he managed to rezz 2 or 3 gorillas that followed him and fought with him (and ofc got rezzed over and over again)
- when we had him down on 5-10% and already felt victorious, Korga suddenly turned around, proverbially showing us the finger and reseting
- told our first timer something like “now you know why we usually don’t fight that guy” (joke) and moved on to the spiders

Maybe the wipe on the first try has something to do with it, still I think there should be something done about it before Korga becomes a “have to be fought” boss

Arah List for Devs

Purple Miku.7032

That does sound strange and it’s unfortunate that you don’t have a screenshot or video of it…

Take a look at this goofy clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSEmzs-YH5w

I promise it’s relevant! So I drew his attention when I was behind the wall, and he immediately went invulnerable/lost aggro as he wasn’t capable of hitting me. All mobs do this, this is nothing special. He was “dancing” because I was strafing back and forth, so he was moving along with me to try to approach me/get in line of sight.

The key thing to note is that if you were fighting him and he somehow went too far into one, he’s programmed to immediately get that “determined to survive” buff, stop what he’s doing, and run back to his starting location. He then instantly turns around with that buff gone and carries on starts attacking again.

You can see this happening here, just that I’m not damaging him.

So in short, you might have found a specific spot in the area that he can inadvertently rush himself through an invisible wall? Not sure.

P.S. – A tip to make things easier for yourself… intentionally get him to resurrect the corpses in the area you plan to fight him in. Run out of combat/range afterwards. The elite gorillas will despawn on their own and the corpses will “randomly” spawn anywhere in that enormous “L” shaped area. Rinse and repeat until they spawn elsewhere. :P

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: PandorasBane.2319

PandorasBane.2319

I want to add something else.

Please don’t “fix” the plethora of jumping puzzles by adding more invisible walls. That is not the answer! The amount of ways that I know to travel around Arah make it pretty obvious that it wouldn’t do anything other than force others to use another method.

Forget the invisible walls. They aren’t actually fixing the problem, which is that bosses are skippable.

If you want to prevent people from skipping Lupicus, then make his death/the pantheon waypoint required in order to proceed to the next segment of the path. The same goes with everything else— everything in paths 3 and 4 before the light orbs are skippable so my suggestion to fix this is to have the lights only activate/trigger at the same time the door is opened (the door after mage crusher dies in P3 and after Farnaz (Lyssa) in P4).

These two solutions would prevent literally every boss from being skipped in Arah!

^ I’ve been promoting this for quiet some times, but I suppose more will hear it coming from you. But I absolutely agree that the invisible walls should not be placed. In fact they should leave these “jumps” alone for those who loves jumping puzzles.

Chix Vi
80 Elementalist/Guardian/Mesmer/War
[SAO][Rx][Noob]

Arah List for Devs

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Make the Zhaitan fight a more engaging encounter, maybe add back in ground battle after he falls (pre launch)

Increase the ships travel time (speed)

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.