TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You can still reflect Alphard’s pull.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Arah P2 Alphard :^3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

well, it somehow encourage people to use more hacks. like those in wvw jump hacks, less damage taken hacks etc etc. prove me wrong by saying there are nobody using exploits because they think a particular dungeon is botched. or it doesnt give them advantages.

been playing for awhile and ive seen so many people using weird hacking things, like flying from a to b, orb days where people walk on air. etc. yea so what makes them do that? also those ninja “fixes” and empty promises? quite some time ago before in combat cannot port patch, they said to add more waypoints, 6 months down the road, where is it?

Boyd.5438

just tried wall of reflection, it doesnt reflect. only shield works.

Posted by: Phoenix.2518

Phoenix.2518

I do believe that if anyone or any minions get hit by the pull at all, the bombs will still spawn, but if no one got it at all (due to reflection) then a bomb will spawn that attacks back. Were you alone when you reflected or was there other people/pets that got pulled?

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

try to pull alphard behind a bunch of boxes and then use your wall. yesterday it worked somehow.

[qT] Quantify

Boyd.5438

I do believe that if anyone or any minions get hit by the pull at all, the bombs will still spawn, but if no one got it at all (due to reflection) then a bomb will spawn that attacks back. Were you alone when you reflected or was there other people/pets that got pulled?

idk, everyone was behind the wall of reflection, and the scorp wire went thru it, pulled us in, boom. dead.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

sarcasm————forum people———→>>>>

Boyd.5438

yea, too lazy to be posting. waste of time. anet doesnt care anyway)

still dont get it, why does wall of reflection read “reflect projectiles” but it doesnt reflect projectiles? weird. is this some kind of joke? :p oh well, failed english anyway. so wtv.

Posted by: Nosoyelarty.7268

Nosoyelarty.7268

Wall of reflection is weird against the pull if you are melee because you are constantly pushing her, if 1 person pass through the wall or w/e to attack and get pulled everyone will die. Feedback still reflects it.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

quick question, i never checked but can you aegis the bomb? if so that makes it a lot more trivial. sort of an emergency someone failed to dodge button.

Posted by: Excruciator.5249

Excruciator.5249

In my limited experience since the patch, wall of reflection doesn’t work the vast majority of the time on the scorpion wire. This is regardless of range or melee; I watched the wire pass straight through my wall over and over again. On some extremely rare occasions I saw the bomb being “reflected”. Again, I saw that both at range and in melee. Assuming feedback still works, it’s probably due to some weird trajectory issue.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Wall of reflection is weird against the pull if you are melee because you are constantly pushing her, if 1 person pass through the wall or w/e to attack and get pulled everyone will die. Feedback still reflects it.

Yep, wall has always been wonky on this attack.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

You can block the pull and the bomb. Or just dodge it.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Boyd.5438

Yep, wall has always been wonky on this attack.

weirdly because feedback maybe is an area reflect it works, same like shield of avenger because of its height, and etc

for wall of reflection, it doesnt work unless the boss is exactly in the wall, same as sanctuary, that shots went straight thru sanctuary.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

oh nice then. our last try we didnt get the chance to test aegis since we just chained feedback, warden, and guardian proj blocks. but good to know u can aegis as a safety net. that’s like 2 safety nets with retreat

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

ok just tried it again. behind the boxes the wall works. open area the wall doesnt seem to work.

the worst part is alphard will pull the npc sometimes.

[qT] Quantify

Boyd.5438

ye just killed it with a mesmer.

smokescreen failed, WoR failed, Sanctuary failed.

feedback, focus 5, shield of avenger, timewarp. thats it. less than 1 minute.

but heck. some skills or description are just broken. lol.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

It’s hard to think of a ‘fix’ that would be more likely to encourage dungeon selling.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Yes Belka can be fun since if she decides to shoot someone behind you (like the NPC) with the lightning ball then you die instantly in melee.

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Relevant

/10char

Attachments:

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

she does tend to use the orb thing when at that spot, I’ve seen that happen before. such a boring boss and annoying to solo legit as well with that cc and the DoT from the pots

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Can also confirm there’s no longer a WP between Belka and Abom:

Attachments:

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Almost every PUG has to do the golem part now, and if they wipe while killing/skipping deadeyes they have to do it all over again. On top of that, alphard will probably be a nightmare for them aswell (even worse than simin and tafu combined!!!). Path sellers on the other hand? Well I’m sure they will find even more exploits to glitch Alphard or maybe just use a mesmer/duo the run.
Such improve, very friendlyness, so rationality, wow!

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

So when do we start charging more for P2? Do we wait long enough for pugs to taste the new alphard, then let them come to the conclusion that it is worth same as P1?

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Nono, P2 will become the new p4, so we will charge 20g/slot. Have fun guys

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

ehh just soloed it, you just have to strafe left and right and all his attacks miss.. this hasn’t punished sellers… it’s just punished pugs and newbies. I lose faith in anet each week

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Anet’s intention: Reduce P2 selling?

Anet’s result: Lower supply of sellers, increase demand of buyers…price will shoot up. Basic economics.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Anyone mind posting a solo video on Alphard with a warr, and another w/ mes? I can do it, but it takes a fair bit of effort and I don’t often pull it off first try anymore. Show me your strategies.

Ok so I am not able to post a video right now, university is quite time consuming, but I had a couple of minutes to check out alphard. Here it comes, for mesmer soloers, as well as teams running with mesmers.

First off, the pull attack can be reflected with temporal curtain, a traited warden, as well as a feedback, the bomb damage does become yours when pull is reflected, and originates from your current location( watch out gsmesmers). The warden’s reflection obviously makes the bomb originate from your warden’s location though.

Now, for the safe strategy, for mesmers the problem will now be the daggerstorm, which hits instantly, while the normal approach would be to use blurred frenzy and blink out of the area near one of the crates, because of your DPS lack, this will end up with all crates being destroyed before Alphard is(hypothesis, I am unable to test that now).

So here it is. The phantasmal warden, when untraited, has the uncanny ability to block any and every projectile(some of you may use this at old tom), I am not sure how many are aware of this, anyways, this, you guessed it, includes the DAGGERSTORM.

so, to kill alphard, use the phantasmal warden at the start of the fight, use your new OP signet, spawn your next warden properly so its attacks lock into the first warden’s. Now, try to take alphard’s attention for a little while, and use feedback for his pull attack(consider standing close for extra damage), whenever the small gap between the warden’s attacks occurs.

When the warden is now off cooldown, spawn your third warden and make sure its attacks lock into the gap, giving you a permanent warden’s attack upkeep.

Now, for the adds, considering you’re likely running 20 in inspiration, make sure the traits you use are glamour mastery and temporal enchanter, now equip mimic and feedback. When the adds spawn, first use feedback, hope you do a lot of damage, after this, use your mimic skill and run out of the warden’s protection into the group of mobs, these are likely to attack you, and because of their quick hits, you will reflect an enormous amount of damage back to them, after the initial projectile absorption.

If one of your wardens dies nontheless, you still have your signet and normal warden CD to get this guy back up and running.

Sidenote: to those thinking the warden will be interrupted by the pull, making it impossible to keep up the protection, as was certainly true before, this is now irrelevant, because you’re blocking instead of reflecting. The reason the warden was interrupted before, was because he reflected the pull attack, this attack intervenes with the spin, thus ending it as the pull is launched back. Now that you are blocking, this is no longer the case, so they will keep spinning.

Now just hit it, and wait till he dies.

I hope this helps out

EDIT: I too tried out this technique for myself, finally, turns out its actually extremely hard to pull off, as mimic makes your wardens bug out and stop spinning, making you extremely vulnerable untill feedback is up again. With mass invisibility I was able to take him down eventually, but this is not reliable.

For mesmer soloers, use the same pull technique as done in the mesmer duo, posted a bit later:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X04Ylot-51g

Extra note: mimic can also be used in combination with the stability mantra to absorb the pull+bomb attack, which can help some soloers get Operative Brie down more easily, as it can hit about 70k with every one of the 4 hits(direct damage)

In team setting, the warden block still works, so I would like to think it was not all for nothing.

I am sorry for the inconvenience

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

(edited by Sanderinoa.8065)

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

Anyone mind posting a solo video on Alphard with a warr, and another w/ mes? I can do it, but it takes a fair bit of effort and I don’t often pull it off first try anymore. Show me your strategies.

Ok so I am not able to post a video right now, university is quite time consuming, but I had a couple of minutes to check out alphard. Here it comes, for mesmer soloers, as well as teams running with mesmers.

-snip-

Hah, I never thought of using the block on wardens, very nice thinking. I’ll try this later when I get time.

Still want a warr video because I’m way better at Lupi solo on warr than I am mes.

Posted by: Sartori.6758

Sartori.6758

Duo’d it last night using a thief and mesmer, I was filling in the gaps between reflects with smoke screen and dagger storm and it worked fine, more or less. Every once in a while though the pull would go through a reflect anyways and kill us, and this happened at least once with almost every reflect skill we used.

The fight is just bugged I think since it’s the scorpion wire that’s doing all the damage and not the bomb itself. The wp after the spider runs also appears after you kill the final boss.

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

nice tips

Those are really nice advices. We were having quite some trouble with Alphard yesterday, specially due to reflects failing us from time to time. After some bug kicked us out of our instance when we tried to get a pug, we gave up for the night. I might run the path again soon using some of your suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Just tried this and feedback wasn’t working reliably for me on any of Alphard’s attacks. We were meleeing behind crates, and both normal shots/unload and the scorpion wire kept hitting through it. They weren’t at the very beginning or end of the duration; and we were all inside the bubble, along with Alphard.

It wasn’t a one-time thing, it didn’t depend on which crate we were behind, it didn’t matter if Alphard had been running around a lot or had been standing there for 15 seconds, etc. Sometimes it did reflect, but usually it didn’t.

Sounds like other people have had this problem. Anyone have any ideas about what causes it?

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

Just soloed her as a melee warrior and it went much smoother than with pugs. This fight might actually be easier to solo than to pug, since theres no one to reflect orbs to you or to be scorpion wired and have the boss blow up in your face.

The only problem is that fighting her around the crates sometimes makes her go invuln and gain back 10% hp.

MagicSlurpees.4851

When I was soloing on mesmer feedback did work reliably for me. I melee’d her in the middle and didn’t have any issues from her when I put up my wardens.
My issues came from the illusions, as I can’t kill them with only feedback and mimic, and when they target the wardens that aren’t whirling my wardens start dying, which means I’m generally unprotected.
If I gave it a few more attempts, I could probably pull this off by attacking her until every 25 then just kite all the illusions to the boxes then recast my wardens and damage til the next 25, rinse and repeat. But I don’t know if there would be enough boxes for the third illusion phase as by that time all of the boxes may have been destroyed.

As for meleeing as warr, I could probably pull it off if the boxes respawned as intended, but they don’t, so once all the boxes are down I die pretty easily, still might be able to do it by using the spot on the left immediately after entering her stage after all the normal boxes get destroyed. Of course you can still make it an afk fight by ranging or the like but that’s pretty boring and takes forever.

Sanderinoa.8065

My issues came from the illusions, as I can’t kill them with only feedback and mimic, and when they target the wardens that aren’t whirling my wardens start dying, which means I’m generally unprotected.

hmmm, bummer, I was afraid of this, as I stated(I think) I only had a couple minutes to test my ideas, but have not been able to test a full solo yet, ill see if I can find something to make this work ,once I have time tomorrow. I’m sorry for the insufficient ideas.

Question, what build were you running, food were you using, and did you have perception sigils stacks?

That aside, I think you can use the pulling technique the other guys on the forum who duoed him used… Might actually go faster than prepatch.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

(edited by Sanderinoa.8065)

Posted by: cifer.2357

cifer.2357

Just solo-ed Alpkitten my warrior near a rock formation thing. I just ran around the formation while autoattacking and didn’t even need to dodge once. Kiting around the rock negates all of her attacks as well (unload, big ol’bomb, her autoattacks and daggerstorm). It took me about 8-10mins but can definitely be done much faster with the right utilities. If anyone wants to know where this rock formation thing is and how to do it, just hit me a whisper and I’ll show how.

Edit: wtf is up with the censorship.. I meant I killed her on my warrior.

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Hey man, i have a question for you. When you used shield of avenger, does it work if the boss stands inside the shield with you?

Just another Arah veteran

MagicSlurpees.4851

Question, what build were you running, food were you using, and did you have perception sigils stacks?

That aside, I think you can use the pulling technique the other guys on the forum who duoed him used… Might actually go faster than prepatch.

10/30/0/20/10, which considering the tactic seems smartest, as full 3 illusions, though those dueling points don’t seem too useful except their passive 15% CChance + 30% CDmg, I did have one mantra up though. Full zerk, ascended rings and back, all other exotics. Ruby Orbs, will probably up to Scholar’s soon as I’m starting to mess with mes more. For some reason I was running Battle/Accuracy instead of Force/Acc, so that’s a 5% loss, or 10% if that was Undead Slaying. 10% Undead, Candied Dragon Roll, haven’t bothered getting the gold to get most of my chars with Soup. 0 Stacks.

Overall I think I could have gotten 30, maybe 50% more damage tops, in peak conditions. Considering their unloads got fully reflected by the feedback and that only left then about at 70% or so, I don’t think you could kill them all without reflecting a second unload, which I think could happen if they used it very soon after feedback and focused you when mimicing, but I seem to notice them go after my wardens instead.

I think you should give it a shot yourself though, I’m massively bad at playing mes so you might have more luck than I did.

What pulling technique? Did they just bring them out to a box or something?

(edited by MagicSlurpees.4851)

Dub.1273

Actually Sanderinoas tactic works wonderful, with 0/30/0/25/15 you can keep up 3 wardens fairy easily. The only problem is that wardens, no matter if traited or not, sometimes just self-interrupt their whirl or don’t even start spinning.

Dub | [rT]

Sanderinoa.8065

I think you should give it a shot yourself though, I’m massively bad at playing mes so you might have more luck than I did.

What pulling technique? Did they just bring them out to a box or something?

Look back to my original post, I linked it there, anyways, I did actually manage to try it myself yesterday, and it has an annoying problem.

When using mimic when illusions spawn, the wardens magically stop spinning for no reason , this does not seem to apply to feedback though. One feedback does about 50%+ damage to all illusions around, but as mimic is no longer an option, you are very vulnerable while the skill recharges, and one of the biggest problems is that you NEED to keep pushing alphard back into the wardens, to avoid getting pulled and exploded.
What I ended up using was a combination of sidestepping, late heal use(to keep passive long) blurred frenzies and mass invisibility(doesn’t seem to bug out wardens). I tried actually dodging before too, but that messed up the wardens again xD.
After a second feedback the illusions should be dead, but the 50% mark is likely reached, spawning another load. It’s possible, but quite difficult and partially luck dependant.
(I am talking about this with the 10/30/0/20/10 build, as this was the one used in my initial guide)

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Dub.1273

Just stay in max. melee range, you’ll never push him out of wardens and therefore don’t have to push him back in./
When illusions spawn, you can fairly easily run/dodge behind a box, feedback alphard and destroy illusions yourself.
IF wardens wouldn’t stop working, this fight would be very easy to solo.

Dub | [rT]

Sanderinoa.8065

Just stay in max. melee range, you’ll never push him out of wardens and therefore don’t have to push him back in./
When illusions spawn, you can fairly easily run/dodge behind a box, feedback alphard and destroy illusions yourself.
IF wardens wouldn’t stop working, this fight would be very easy to solo.

Yeah if you take a break during the illusion spawn he is quite easy, anyhow, on the pushing, won’t 1 warden push alphard out of the range of the next one?

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Dub.1273

Erm, who is king in mesmerville, you or me?
Wardens generally start attacking in max. melee range a.d therefore do not move enemies. I’m not even entirely sure if the do when too close (which shouldn’t happen now anymore anyway).

Dub | [rT]

Sanderinoa.8065

Erm, who is king in mesmerville, you or me?
Wardens generally start attacking in max. melee range a.d therefore do not move enemies. I’m not even entirely sure if the do when too close (which shouldn’t happen now anymore anyway).

Ah yes sorry, Ive gotten a little rusty I guess :P after the holidays I’ll have time to get back in shape though

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Posted by: HEITRED.5729

HEITRED.5729

Join my Arah guild if you run p2 on regular basis we all are experienced and can kill alphard no problem pm me in game for invite “heitred”

Posted by: purgatoryz.6038

purgatoryz.6038

The ironic thing is that this has lead to more P2 selling, not less.

Posted by: Ironstones.2359

Ironstones.2359

Join my Arah guild if you run p2 on regular basis we all are experienced and can kill alphard no problem pm me in game for invite “heitred”

Watch out for this player. He joined an Arah group I had formed, and the other members had left from frustration at Lupi. Instead of staying, he killed the group.

(Addendum. Necro post. Sorry, but Dunno where else to warn about this troll.)

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

Watch out for this player. He joined an Arah group I had formed, and the other members had left from frustration at Lupi. Instead of staying, he killed the group.

(Addendum. Necro post. Sorry, but Dunno where else to warn about this troll.)

Most people know of this kitten, he kicks sellers all the time. But thanks for warning people.

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.