Arah P4, A Path Not Playable by All?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: FxDelusional.8624

FxDelusional.8624

Before, anyone says “Hey, they are raging” no, this is not a rage post. I am asking that anyone who wishes to comment and make claims, do so with Dated Photo Screen Capture Proof. If you have a Screenshot with no dated proof, then do not post a comment in saying “I cleared this and you guys are just bad.” Anyone can make up claims, I am saying, please back it up to prevent a rage war.

I have ran every dungeon and every path, SM and Exp, with the exception of Arah 1,3, and 4. We had a guild group, not a pug, of experienced players. Our team build was:

Mesmer – High DPS
Ele – High DPS
Ranger – High DPS
Ranger – High DPS
Warrior – High DPS

All geared, and all very experienced in their class. All change traits, swap weapons for others, used buffs, etc, basically change during the course of a run for whatever the situation was presented. We all use TS3 and are very coordinated in our attacks. However…….

Dwayna in P4, can’t be done. It is that simple. Not with OUR setup. We had no issues with any bosses, once we got down their patterns. But Dwayna? She cannot be completed without having a basic setup. I thought the game was playable by all, and the need to play as a group was important for Dungeons. After all, isn’t that why ANET nerfed WP Speed Rezing? They wanted us to play as a team?

So why are we punished when we play as a team? Why can’t we pass a certain boss in a path, just because we dont have the party make up to pass her, but we have the make up for every other boss we have EVER come across. Why is that we HAVE to HAVE multiple 80’s classes so that we can run a dungeon and swap midway, just because the game mechanics FORBID you to play the way ANET wanted us to play? As a team?

If getting a class to 80, and playing as a team, is what ANET envisioned, then why are there no achievements for having multiple 80’s? If I make a Mesmer, and get to Arah P4, in a group OTHER THEN Zerk Warriors, and Guardians, why am I not able to complete it? Why must I play a class that I did not level, just in order to run a dungeon in a game? Why force people to play the game the way it was intended, and nerfed too, if not all classes are capable of running into a dungeon and completing it?

What does this have to do with P4? Simple, a few players in the group have multi 80’s if not 1 of every class. Others do not. Why should those that leveled a class, not be able to run a path if it was intended for certain class make up only. Every other dungeon doesn’t seem to have this problem, but P4 really shows it. Your either forced to conform to the few party builds on the net, or you just simply dont pass it, because you invested your time and money into a class that cant run with a specific party for P4. Seriously, the nerf to WP rez was un needed. The refusal of a DR for mob Knockdown implementation, seems unjustified (Ever have a bad day in AC and spend 30 minutes just trying to get to the last boss? Sure they want you to clear the mobs, but if your going to make that a tedious task for your fellow gamers, by adding a ton of KD mobs that give loot as good as normal mobs outside of the dungeon, what do you expect people to do?) The requirement of forcing players into the 3/2 Zerk Guardian Party (Or any other of the most COMMON P4 party recommendations) just seems unfair to fellow gamers who dont have those toons at 80, or see no need to level one, simply because those classes are not their play style.

If you have a Screenshot of our team makeup, and Dwayna dead, then please feel free to post, so long as it is POST Patch, IE recently. I don’t wish to see your post of your completion prior to any patches, simply because LOTS of players did it when she was vulnerable during stealth. Not all, and I respect those that did it with a party made up of all classes, post nerf.

Yes, we have run and failed dungeons MANY times. We have spent hours in dungeons that should probably take less time. I enjoy playing the game, and learning, as opposed to reading and getting a heads up on what to expect, I enjoy the game for the way it was meant to be played. I just feel this forcing a party build to run any dungeon path, is unfair to those that have a different class.

I am writing this as a concern for fellow guild members, and not myself. I can run any class and any build. I understand not every person is capable of such, however, why should they be punished if they are fully geared, but just playing the wrong class? Since when did being the wrong class exist in GW2?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have done it many times after patch. On completely random teams with poor tactics/gameplay.
There’s a rumor about it sometimes being bugged or something but I have personally never seen it.

On last team we failed to run sparks during that 60 second self-heal hiding (Earth Elemental tanking sparks), she healed up a bit and then we just killed her.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: cifer.2357

cifer.2357

I will just keep this short, you can run it with ANY party compositions just make sure they are all a dps-oriented build (zerkers, specifically). If 1-2 people are a support/party oriented build (like shout warriors), it’ll bring the whole DPS of your party down. You can switch out to your standard gear after you kill Dwayna.

As for the screenshot, I’m pretty sure someone in this forum can provide a screenshot of a random party composition but if someone fails to then I’ll run the dungeon again with a random party comp and post screenshots later tonight.

Edit: My first time running P4, I failed miserably because 3 of my guildmates were running a build specifically for survivability (I had a Necro and an Ele with a full set of PVT gear).

(edited by cifer.2357)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

After nerfs you don’t need any specific party composition excluding extremes like 5 condy damage dealers. Most people actually did it probably after update that removed ability to damage her through her stealth (which was way back in december) so I don’t really understand you “Post update only” stance here. Either you got a rare bug that makes her going into stealth after 10s (happened once or twice during my runs) or your team was simply bad.

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

Funny thing though, did it the other day. I was thinking it would go smoothly, by chance we ended up with 1 guard, 3 wars, 1 mesmer (me). Pretty much no hitch till Simin…

After a while, i saw that the only time we were actually downing her was under timewarp. So I asked just for fun how much dps the warriors were doing with hundred blades. They were doing 8k,8k and 11k…. I do more damage with my zerk warrior than the 3 warriors in the group… they were tanky spec…

So group composition isnot really the pb, i must have some screens with some ranger / engi / nécro parti composition somewhere. What counts is to have at least 3 people DPS oriented. So yes, party make up and how you wanna play the game are overridden by this boss. It is unfortunate. But the requirement are not that bad either.

As for your group composition, it is unfortunate to say, that since sparks still bug on the aggro, the ranger can pretty much only be in melee with their pet ^^

haviz.1340

You dont need 3 dps specced people since Weth, me and a random guy 3manned her before her healing nerf. And that was from 50% to 0%. Unless you of course assume that other 2 people do literally 0 damage.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I stopped reading when you said 2 Rangers = High DPS.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I stopped reading when you said 2 Rangers = High DPS.

I have to agree. Despite ranger being the second class that I played, they don’t have that high of a DPS compared to other classes.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Uhm, can solo simin in about 5 minutes.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

That’s interesting. Do you not get petrified when alone? Rest of the path is solo able would love to see a path 4 complete solo to shut everyone up.

[Ark]Noober

(edited by x per fection x.2096)

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

That’s interesting. Do you not get petrified when alone? Rest of the path is solo able would love to see a path 4 complete solo to shut everyone up.

Curious abt this myself, but stability does mitigate petrification. maybe he has lots of it?

Anyhow, i’ll keep in mind abt the screenshot if i ever get into such situations. thus far my last 4-5 runs on this path have been successful even with inclusion of classes generally considered as non high dps (like rangers) but i can get how sometimes things can get way out of hand. but arah runs isnt a regular thing for me… might take a while..

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

This should help you out a bit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvCcvXl5GQY&lc=5n7pA8FZ04dDnMFlQ5kGgvB_U1u6e6KCiXOJcHOcgiY&lch=email&feature=em-comment_received

Simin can be done with any team setup as long as a decent amount of them are dps oriented. With the worst team set-up I’ve ever had for Simin, we killed her easily. We were 2x bleed warrior, me as a noob thief, a mid dps mesmer, and a ranger. I’ve done it slower with better setups but the best I’ve done was mesmer, 2x thief, 2x warrior. Killed her in about 45 seconds. Only took that long due to needed to run sparks once.

With your set-up, make sure your rangers melee her, same with everyone else.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Maybe you show us a video of your team playing, we can tell what’s wrong with that?
I particularly did many Arah p4 tour guides (not just a run, a tour) for our LFG guild (Arah guild thread in NA), for our people to get the DM (everybody got stuck at P4 as the last obstacle) since March (stop doing it lately). I never have a failed run and our composition is everything but 2 rangers in a group. One is bad enough, no need to have 2.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Flissy.4093

Maybe you show us a video of your team playing, we can tell what’s wrong with that?

They have 2 Rangers & no Guardian while having no experience with the path.

There’s the problem, we don’t even need a video to say this.

Light Up the Darkness

x per fection x.2096

I’ve done p4 many times and I’ve never had a guardian in the group when doing Simon, I usually guard up until Simon and then swap out to War. There really is nothing wrong with their comp, they should be able to do it easily.

The War, Ele and Mesmer should be able to do most of the work if they were properly spec’d. Add in the 2 rangers in zerker gear and doing melee instead of auto attack w/shortbow and they should be able to do it no problem.

The problem is either they sucked at running sparks or people were lying about their gear.

[Ark]Noober

Flissy.4093

I’ve done p4 many times and I’ve never had a guardian in the group when doing Simon, I usually guard up until Simon and then swap out to War. There really is nothing wrong with their comp, they should be able to do it easily.

The War, Ele and Mesmer should be able to do most of the work if they were properly spec’d. Add in the 2 rangers in zerker gear and doing melee instead of auto attack w/shortbow and they should be able to do it no problem.

The problem is either they sucked at running sparks or people were lying about their gear.

Guardian isn’t necessary, but it’s foolish to not have one in Arah when the group is unfamilar with a path.

I can pretty much guarentee the Rangers were maxranging with a bow, instead of using Sword/X. Still yet to find a Ranger whos at least trying to pump out mediocre DPS.

Light Up the Darkness

randomfightfan.4091

Guardian isn’t necessary, but it’s foolish to not have one in Arah when the group is unfamilar with a path.

I can pretty much guarentee the Rangers were maxranging with a bow, instead of using Sword/X. Still yet to find a Ranger whos at least trying to pump out mediocre DPS.

Simin doesn’t do damage. Why would anyone need a guardian for her? All you need is mobility for the sparks and damage for the boss. Where does guard fit in that?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Can anyone explain something about the petrification? I was on my guardian when I did it, and popped stability when I was about to be petrified, but sometimes I’d get petrified a few seconds later anyway. I had volunteered to be a spark runner, but her constant petrifying me kittened up the runs until I finally realized someone else should take my place. Is the petrify part of an aggro mechanic that normally will focus on one person, and why couldn’t I avoid it with stability?

Retired. Too many casuals.

x per fection x.2096

Can anyone explain something about the petrification? I was on my guardian when I did it, and popped stability when I was about to be petrified, but sometimes I’d get petrified a few seconds later anyway. I had volunteered to be a spark runner, but her constant petrifying me kittened up the runs until I finally realized someone else should take my place. Is the petrify part of an aggro mechanic that normally will focus on one person, and why couldn’t I avoid it with stability?

99% sure the petrified is based on toughness, the first couple times I did p4 I lied about being in full zerker gear when I was in knights and I had the aggro the entire time. The first time I even ran out leaving combat and it came right back to me when I went in.

If you have someone who understands how it works they should be able to toss tears and leave you with little down time. As far as the stability this thread is the first I’ve even heard of it.

[Ark]Noober

x per fection x.2096

99% sure the petrified is based on toughness

No. Every single time I did p4 I got petrified all the time and I was on my 100% zerk warrior.

Are you running with other zerk wars/mesmers or do you pug w/random people?

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Same thing happened to me as the OP, she cannot be defeated by non-dps players. As hard as we tried, heck, we didnt even wipe once in the entire run, but when we reached her we got stuck and gave up on it.

SkyChef.5432

I never try any other way like before debuff blinking or after it stops blinking, but I’m pretty sure that if you hit stability right when the debuff icon blinking, you won’t get petrified. You have a couple sec to do that. Your char is still grey out but you have no restrictions in movement. And how one get petrified while others don’t, I have no idea.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

Dwayna in P4, can’t be done. It is that simple.

I agree with this except I wouldn’t say it is a specific class setup that you need. They just need to fix that bloody sparks movement.

I’ve been there dozens of times, with different classes in the group (other than warrior, or mesmer or guardian) and the only problem I’ve encountered is the crazy sparks movement. We bring the sparks to their places in less than 10 seconds, but they just won’t stay there. You might hear some people say that the sparks aren’t bugged, but I have yet to see a run where they work smoothly.

And also, one time we noticed that Dwayna wouldn’t stealth anymore even though all five sparks have spawned.

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

(edited by Negrul.5423)

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

To start with, no I do not have a screenshot and I am not going back into the dg just to get one – I also think this is an unreasonable request. If you are here asking for advise then you don’t need screenshots. If on the other hand you are here to prove that the path needs a 4 war 1 mes group and thus warriors are OP and we are full of elitists, then I am not interested in that discussion.

Sorry if this sounded harsh and no offence intended, I am just getting fed up with the “OMG zerk elitists!!” posts even though I do not have any full zerk toon myself nor run this kind of parties. /rant off

In any case, assuming you are here for advise, we are all fine.

I have completed it with the following party on ts the first (and only) time I run it a few weeks ago:

full pvt shout heal warrior
semi-zerk semi pvt warrior (pvt armours, zerk weapons, mixed access)
zerk ranger
zerk engineer
elementalist – unsure of build.
It was also the first time for 2 others in the group (ranger and engineer) and yes, it was a bit painful.

The strategy we used was 2 ppl exclusively on simin (warriors), 3 runners of which 1 was also on crystal duty (ele) and the ranger was attacking when not running (as long as it did not remove her from the position she should be in order to run the sparks after). The engineer just backed up crystals, but did not attack. The 2 attackers stayed out of the whole spark business and just waited for her to come back up.

Issues we faced because we did not know the dungeon and we had to try a few times to get it right:
-> wrong ppl got spark aggro and delayed getting her back. Since this was the 2 attackers they had to run to centre to deposit sparks so were late in going back to the boss.
-> slow on crystals to remove petrify so we put one person to do only that.

Originally I was running a semi-zerk mesmer instead of the semi zerk semi pvt warrior. And with that set-up it was not happening. We would get her to about 50% and then continue on doing it for 5 mins without making any further dent. Once I loaded the warrior first run did it and quite fast. We did not have a tw, but we used frenzy.

My guess is that 1 zerk warrior and 1 zerk mes or ranger would had done it, or 2 pvt warriors. Having said that we were really bad as a party in stacking boons – so perhaps in a full support setup that can spam might it could be possible. Even a pvt warrior blasts a lot of dmg with 25 stacks of might. Or a set-up where all 5 would be able to attack without messing up the crystlas and spark aggro – again we were not, so we needed to segregate roles and thus needed the DPS from the second warrior.

My thought is that the path definitely does not need a 4 war 1 mes group but it does need some amount of dps (which can be provided by sensible builds without need for zerkers) and good coordination – probably ts. Which I dont think is a big deal. Its fine not to have trinity, but I am not sure we should expect to complete the hardest path of all with 5 of whatever comes along.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Applying Dead Eyed Stare and stealthing are attacks, not boss mechanics like lupicus’ phase changing.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

x per fection x.2096

Applying Dead Eyed Stare and stealthing are attacks, not boss mechanics like lupicus’ phase changing.

So can you dodge/blind the attack? I’ve never tried. Or rupt the first stealth?

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

At least you haven’t tried Simin pre-patch (since January). THAT was a really quite impossible DPS check. Now this boss is still a big pain but it’s doable… Anyway I can understand the frustration of trying this with 2 rangers! The pets keep aggroing the sparks and you need to be really really skilled to managed this.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

Ayrilana.1396

At least you haven’t tried Simin pre-patch (since January). THAT was a really quite impossible DPS check. Now this boss is still a big pain but it’s doable… Anyway I can understand the frustration of trying this with 2 rangers! The pets keep aggroing the sparks and you need to be really really skilled to managed this.

Just have them set to be inactive. Problem solved. You can also have them stow their pets during the sparks phase.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Yet another “_ can’t be done” thread. You know all the conspiracy nuts who say, “I can’t figure out how the Egyptians built the pyramids, so it must be aliens”? That’s how you sound in these threads. Just because you don’t know the encounter mechanics you assume “it can’t be done.”

As an aside, this is an example of what the forum would be filled with if anet ever implemented the “interesting boss mechanics” that people want so badly. NOt saying Simin is a good encountr, but it isn’t super straight-forward. If every legendary level boss had a somewhat complicated mechanic, the entire forum would be filled with threads about so and so boss being impossible.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

another thread created complaining rather then the op taking the time to properly learn the strat, fights not even hard stop asking for nerfs n fix ur builds

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

another thread created complaining rather then the op taking the time to properly learn the strat, fights not even hard stop asking for nerfs n fix ur builds

In fairness, the ultimate blame lies on Anet for stressing “Play However You Want To Play, Everything is Viable” so much.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I tried the stability thing before as well, but ended up getting petrified, maybe my timing was off idk. I haven’t tried it since. Now I ask people to ping their gear and assign the lowest dps to tear duty, and assign one person to take over if the first starts getting petrified. Seems to work pretty well.

The only time I haven’t been able to finish the fight was my first time through. We had 2 guardians, 1 warrior and I don’t remember the other 2. After an hour of trying we started pinging our gear. I, a guardian, had the only zerker set. The warrior had PVT and the other guardian had full GIVER’S… I said I was going to switch to my warrior, the instance owner thought that was a good idea so he did the same, thus booting us from the instance. I was actually somewhat relieved at that point because I don’t think we could have beat her.

The warrior had stated himself as “dps specced” with PVT gear. I wonder if something similar may be going on with the OP as he has them all listed as “High DPS”.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

Just have them set to be inactive. Problem solved. You can also have them stow their pets during the sparks phase.

Do you play a ranger? The pet pop-up automatically if you enter combat, you can’t keep it stowed easily. Also if the pet is inactive the ranger loses a lot of DPS… Two rangers with inactive pets means a big loss of DPS with Simin.
Anyway… I’m not saying it’s impossible to kill Simin with two Rangers in the party because I’ve managed to kill her with a party like this (I’ve even done the spark pull with my ranger)… but it’s a big pain.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

First of, this thread has been a good source of insight and what to do / what not to do, so cheers for that guys.
I’ve never done p4. Mainly due to not finding a party. A couple of times I’ve gotten a few guildies but we couldn’t find a final player, I guess people are having a hard time dedicating 2-3+ hours for a single dungeon. LFG for Arah4 isn’t so promising, at least no on EU servers. However, I’ve done a bit of ‘research’, just to avoid TPK by ignorance once I do manage to find a group.

So my questions are, from experience, what would be the best party configuration to do p4, and how much time would it be reasonable to expect to spend in the dungeon if the players are experienced, but say half of the party hasn’t done this path before?

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I want to add only one thing about the petrification thingy. If you have stability and you get the debuff you won’t be petrified but the effect will still be there, if your stability ends before the debuff you will end up petrified…

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

First of, this thread has been a good source of insight and what to do / what not to do, so cheers for that guys.
I’ve never done p4. Mainly due to not finding a party. A couple of times I’ve gotten a few guildies but we couldn’t find a final player, I guess people are having a hard time dedicating 2-3+ hours for a single dungeon. LFG for Arah4 isn’t so promising, at least no on EU servers. However, I’ve done a bit of ‘research’, just to avoid TPK by ignorance once I do manage to find a group.

So my questions are, from experience, what would be the best party configuration to do p4, and how much time would it be reasonable to expect to spend in the dungeon if the players are experienced, but say half of the party hasn’t done this path before?

If your full team is experienced with running dps builds but none of you has done this path before I would go with 3 war, mes, guard. Even if none of the players have done it before you would probably finish in 1-2h depending on how skilled your group is.

laharl.8435

If your full team is experienced with running dps builds but none of you has done this path before I would go with 3 war, mes, guard. Even if none of the players have done it before you would probably finish in 1-2h depending on how skilled your group is.

Yes, with the 3war/ 1mes/ 1 guard team all dps you should be able to finish in under 2 hours easy. If one person knows the path and you’re all on voice chat you can get under an hour.

Hopefully your team at least knows Lupi. One of my friends tried his first p4 with pugs the other night. Apparently this was the first Arah run for a couple of them and they couldn’t even beat Lupi. The instance owner left after a few tries.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

There are enough people around who can solo lupicus, so that shouldn’t be a problem. If anyone struggles at Simin (EU) he can contact Dub.

laharl.8435

There are enough people around who can solo lupicus, so that shouldn’t be a problem. If anyone struggles at Simin (EU) he can contact Dub.

New people still have issues with Lupi though. I know I did when I first fought him. Now I’m learning the fight with warrior and have some issues again.

Is there an exploit involved in the Simin solo? I’m surprised one person can run the sparks fast enough and muster the dps needed. I believe Dub when he says he did, but I would like to see a video.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Konu.1826

Is there an exploit involved in the Simin solo? I’m surprised one person can run the sparks fast enough and muster the dps needed. I believe Dub when he says he did, but I would like to see a video.

There is a “feature”, I doubt anyone will post video of it. My guess is soloing Simin without it won’t work but naturally I’m not 100% sure.

haviz.1340

For quite some time running sparks isn’t so strict, you could probably walk instead of run and still manage to do it. Her healing rate is almost non existant now.

SkyChef.5432

In normal running sequence, the problem of running sparks into their position is always involved around player A have finished his sparks and player B bumping into him while trying to put his sparks into position. Player A aggro the sparks by proximity then some follows him around. So if player A is experienced in spark running, the last spark he puts in should be furthest away from the 1st position where player B going to put his sparks in, if player B also knows what he’s doing.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Konu.1826

For quite some time running sparks isn’t so strict, you could probably walk instead of run and still manage to do it. Her healing rate is almost non existant now.

Have you tried soloing it? I still feel single person would have troubles if doing it the intended way.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

This is my favorite tactic on it: http://i.imgur.com/MxfA9Yu.png

Note how runners actually never meet!

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

randomfightfan.4091

This is my favorite tactic on it: http://i.imgur.com/MxfA9Yu.png

That’s my tactic as well but flipped around to the other wall. Works well usually.

Ayrilana.1396

Do you play a ranger? The pet pop-up automatically if you enter combat, you can’t keep it stowed easily. Also if the pet is inactive the ranger loses a lot of DPS… Two rangers with inactive pets means a big loss of DPS with Simin.
Anyway… I’m not saying it’s impossible to kill Simin with two Rangers in the party because I’ve managed to kill her with a party like this (I’ve even done the spark pull with my ranger)… but it’s a big pain.

I used to. This is for the sparks phase that I was referring to. You don’t need DPS on the sparks.

Posted by: Idocreating.7094

Idocreating.7094

Dwayna/Simin is a seriously flawed boss. I understand what they’re going for with it but the difference in dps output means that a mechanic of racing to do something to prevent boss healing is unfair on support/defensive heavy groups or those running classes that aren’t the flavour of the month.

laharl.8435

Dwayna/Simin is a seriously flawed boss. I understand what they’re going for with it but the difference in dps output means that a mechanic of racing to do something to prevent boss healing is unfair on support/defensive heavy groups or those running classes that aren’t the flavour of the month.

The entirety of PvE is unfair on support/defensive heavy groups. Every now and then I end up in these kind of pugs. I can’t understand why anyone would want to sloth through dungeons like that.

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

You only need two members in the group with heavy dps, and only one if it’s a warrior to ensure a kill even with a terrible spark run. How is that bad ? Dungeons are meant for balanced groups. If all 5 party members are wearing full PVT and defense trait set why should you be allowed to succeed ? As I’ve experienced in pugged runs with people almost never hitting simin because for some reason they were all interested in joining the spark running fun and I was the only one waiting for her to come back from stealth I know for sure that you don’t need more than one dps war, or two dps [insert other class] to ensure a decent kill.

Requiring some balance in a group is not being unfair. GW2 is probably the most lenient game, you wouldn’t be able to have a decent run with a group that only has tanks or only has healers in many mmo. Nerfed simin is a joke, if you can’t handle that you don’t deserve to see the end of this path.

And hey, I’m not even saying it’s impossible without one or two players focused on dps. Instead, I’m saying that one or two will make it work even if your group is terrible at pulling sparks or timely using the tears on people who are petrified.

GW2 players have some sense of entitlement that makes them think they should be able to complete all of the content of the game without putting thought about group composition, balance, coordination or anything. They should see everything. Right?

I agree with this some what. I am a nub to arah myself. but I have run p4 arah sucessfully on my first run of it. but it is all thanks to my guild mates, i’m sure. our squad set up was:

warrior- shout heal/ knight armor/trinket with zerker rings (me). btw my trinkets were only rare, not even exotic.
warrior- not zerker x/shield.
warrior-zerker gear with knight/soldier trinket
guard- low kitten dps who used princess wand the entire run(no he’s not a pug, he just like to troll)
mesmer- idk idk his build.

one of the warrior and the mesmer were the ones that did p4 arah many times. who guided us.

At Dwayna/Simin, they had me and another warrior stay at the spot, and all the other people ran the sparks. it was a smooth run. we all were in TS having fun. It took about 1hr and half for the entire run.

after this run, I really do not get how people said arah p4 was hard and need full dps group. It is because other people have said that p4 was really hard, that it scared me away from doing it. But, my guildies talked me into doing p4 finally to finish my achievement, and I am glad I did it with them.

randomfightfan.4091

The entirety of PvE is unfair on support/defensive heavy groups. Every now and then I end up in these kind of pugs. I can’t understand why anyone would want to sloth through dungeons like that.

Some people put emphasis on not dying instead of killing. If you’re built around needing 0 skill to play and be able to out-heal and out-tank anything, then there SHOULD be some content that counters your build. You are already able to walk through any other dungeon in this game and blindly auto attack your way to victory. Why are you complaining that there is 1 boss in this game that counters your build? I agree that pure dps is a little too forgiving right now but the counter to that is already in place. They are easier to kill since they are sacrificing survivability for great damage. Biggest point though is that Simin is designed to be the perfect anti-tank and spank group since her damage output is near 0. If you’re not going dps against something like that then you’re doing it wrong.