Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Noob Squinty.4621

Noob Squinty.4621

Alright, I know a lot have talked about this and no changes have been made so I shall bring it back up.

After reaching Dwayna everything gets messed up. Sparks are hard to aggro at times or they bug out by going around the nodes but never enter them. Dwayna disappears quick at times that wastes all our efforts at dropping her HP down.

I recommend changes to be made. Either:
- Allow her to stealth and regen but without sparks.
- Have sparks but decrease the speed of regen.

Seriously, 1 hour and 30 minutes TRYING to do it and I gave up, for a 3rd time. I thought dungeons should be fun and not a place where we “farm” our time in. I really hope some changes be made at least, for that boss.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Dungeons are fun, it’s just not always the fun you’re expecting. Fun is an opinion, not a guaranteed thing.

Additionally, Arah is the final dungeon, therefore it should be… gasp the hardest.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Noob Squinty.4621

Dungeons are fun, it’s just not always the fun you’re expecting. Fun is an opinion, not a guaranteed thing.

Additionally, Arah is the final dungeon, therefore it should be… gasp the hardest.

I don’t mind it being hard, but a boss that takes AGES to kill is not considered fun or hard. Just plain annoying. I doubt anyone goes back to that path after doing it.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Esplen.3940

I don’t entirely agree with you there. I was just playing Torchlight II the other day with my friend in Elite difficulty at low levels. We were fighting a boss and it took about 10 minutes of dodging, tanking, shielding, blocking, potioning (and purchasing potions with our pets) to finally finish him off. Afterwards, we got more potions, reset the world, and fought him again.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Noob Squinty.4621

I don’t entirely agree with you there. I was just playing Torchlight II the other day with my friend in Elite difficulty at low levels. We were fighting a boss and it took about 10 minutes of dodging, tanking, shielding, blocking, potioning (and purchasing potions with our pets) to finally finish him off. Afterwards, we got more potions, reset the world, and fought him again.

I ask you to do Dwayna then again and again. =) Tell me if it is the same as “Torchlight II boss”

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

It’s actually a shame that we are forced to do it like this :

instead of using the regular mechanic because it is bugged as hell.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Esplen.3940

I ask you to do Dwayna then again and again. =) Tell me if it is the same as “Torchlight II boss”

I actually would be if I had a team of people willing to do/learn/teach it with me multiple times.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Learning and mastering a fight with clear cut and fair mechanics is fun and challenging.

Fighting the Priestess of Dwayna is not that kind of fight as you’re fighting the frikkle nature of the Spark aggro and various bugs more than you’re fighting the boss.

Dwayna is the bad kind of “hard” encounter. Not hard because of complex or demanding encounter mechanics but because half the time they don’t work properly.

Think about it. If the sparks would aggro properly and be more intuitive to move and the traps would actually work reliably, how hard would Dwayna really be?

That’s right, not very…

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Would it be bad if i told ya there’s more to do after that fight and possibly the easiest last boss fight ever exists. It took me a long time to figure out how to do sparks and stuff, you just gotta figure the pattern of moving the sparks effectively(unless you are bugging it).

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Noob Squinty.4621

Wow, thanks for the video. I am sure a lot of people will find this useful on how to do it.

Would it be bad if i told ya there’s more to do after that fight and possibly the easiest last boss fight ever exists. It took me a long time to figure out how to do sparks and stuff, you just gotta figure the pattern of moving the sparks effectively(unless you are bugging it).

I know there is more to do after Dwayna and the last boss is easier (read that) but if people take hours TRYING to do Dwyana and can’t even succeed if they try to do it the RIGHT WAY I don’t see how it is beneficial to anyone. I play video games for fun, not to live in it and spend all my time on it. Especially on a boss that is just plain annoying because of the sparks.

(edited by Noob Squinty.4621)

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Ran this path for the first time yesterday.

Spent hours in there. Got as far as the Priestess of Dwayna and no further.

I would love to see either a decrease in regen time, or a tweak to mechanics… the dungeon is long enough as it is.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

You are kittening kidding right? Look at the party composition, I don’t want to be forced to come up with a party like that because of tons-of-hp/regen-and-no-strategy boss.

I see parties being forced back into holy trinity, even more noticeable at Fractals now.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

You are kittening kidding right? Look at the party composition, I don’t want to be forced to come up with a party like that because of tons-of-hp/regen-and-no-strategy boss.

I see parties being forced back into holy trinity, even more noticeable at Fractals now.

I did it with 3 ele’s a necro and a mesmer. The necro wasnt even aware that he had skills that cause poison (I wish I was joking) so that tells you how terrible he was. The mesmer wasnt DPS specced, and elementalist probably has the lowest single target damage in the game.

You dont need overwhelming levels of damage to do this boss by just whacking her in the face till she dies. Just more than average.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I did it with 3 ele’s a necro and a mesmer. The necro wasnt even aware that he had skills that cause poison (I wish I was joking) so that tells you how terrible he was. The mesmer wasnt DPS specced, and elementalist probably has the lowest single target damage in the game.

You dont need overwhelming levels of damage to do this boss by just whacking her in the face till she dies. Just more than average.

If you can invite me to finish this I’d gladly appreciate it, really, just friend me. lol

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Alright, I know a lot have talked about this and no changes have been made so I shall bring it back up.

After reaching Dwayna everything gets messed up. Sparks are hard to aggro at times or they bug out by going around the nodes but never enter them.[..]

Seriously, 1 hour and 30 minutes TRYING to do it and I gave up, for a 3rd time. I thought dungeons should be fun and not a place where we “farm” our time in. I really hope some changes be made at least, for that boss.

I reported this issue where Robert Hrouda was looking for it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Broken-events-in-Arah-Explorable-Dungeon/first#post893234

… and it took two of us 8 hours to complete, losing 6 other players along the way.

Never again.

Attachments:

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: McClearyUnderMistRaildexGun.2086

McClearyUnderMistRaildexGun.2086

After reaching Dwayna everything gets messed up. Sparks are hard to aggro at times or they bug out by going around the nodes but never enter them.[..]

I reported this issue where Robert Hrouda was looking for it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Broken-events-in-Arah-Explorable-Dungeon/first#post893234

… and it took two of us 8 hours to complete, losing 6 other players along the way.

Never again.

I haven’t been so amused and horrified at the same time in a while.

Don’t worry it’ll probably be fine tuned next year december.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: FlameFame.5821

FlameFame.5821

We (my party and me) have just quit path 4 after 4 hours of trying. A group of a necro, a mesmer, a ranger and 2 guardians, none in DPS build, cannot kill Dwayna.

If sparks worked correctly, if wouldn’t be so hard. But they don’t.

I’m not saying that it should be easy, but it should be doable. Other Arah paths aren’t easy, nor short, but they are doable, fun and enjoyable. This one… Ugh…

It cannot be said we’re not coordinated properly, because we’re using Mumble for voice communication. We’re guildmates and have all player with each other before, so we know how each moves.

We’ve tried having only 1 or 2 persons luring the sparks while everyone else keep spamming damage, we’ve tried luring the sparks with 3, 4, and 5 of us. Nothing works. Sparks randomly switch target, move through the designated cell couple of times then get locked in it on the third time, some just wobble around the statue, without going to the cells, some keep attacking someone who’s so far away, they can’t hit him.

We’ve tried using pure damage on her, but when she hides, we can do nothing. We’ve tried luring her to different places, in the cave and out of it. We’ve tried having 4 members on her out of the cave, 1 in with the sparks; all 5 out on her; 3 out, 2 on sparks, … Nothing works!

Fix or remove the sparks and this becomes doable. Not easy, especially not for a party like us, but doable. Why not simply spawn some monsters instead of sparks or have us all stand at designated spots, like on those oil fountains with that maggot boss?

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This boss is less about damage and more about strategy.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Exactly. Would be a perfect fight if the sparks worked properly. As it is you need to rely too much on luck with the sparks even with a proper strategy.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Actually thats wrong, the boss is all about damage and nearly no strategy, at least for now.

When we did Simin we simply took as offensive builds as possible, we had mesmer, condition necro, condition thief, me(ranger) and a full berserker warrior. We dps’ed Simin down before she could disappear (after the first disapear at 50%).

There was definitely little strategy involved, we just had to bring the highest dps possible.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: ragingpuma.4618

ragingpuma.4618

we tried doing it that way in the video but still she vanished at 50% health and regenned all the way back up to full health. every time she got to 50% health she would vanish. it just has to be bugged.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Strontius.6478

Strontius.6478

Learning and mastering a fight with clear cut and fair mechanics is fun and challenging.

Fighting the Priestess of Dwayna is not that kind of fight as you’re fighting the frikkle nature of the Spark aggro and various bugs more than you’re fighting the boss.

Dwayna is the bad kind of “hard” encounter. Not hard because of complex or demanding encounter mechanics but because half the time they don’t work properly.

Think about it. If the sparks would aggro properly and be more intuitive to move and the traps would actually work reliably, how hard would Dwayna really be?

That’s right, not very…

I totally agree with this post. This fight is completely counter-intuitive and hard for all the wrong reasons. This makes it so frustrating.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

didnt they fix the pull her out of the spawn “tactic”?
if so you have to use the other method of only pulling 1 spark during the Spark Phase.

to do it you need to
>Bring Simin to 50% hp, at which point she will heal, this is fine let her heal to full.
>have 1 person trap 4 of the 5 sparks, make sure you do this before she returns at around 95% hp.
>bring her back down to 50% again, when she hides this time continue to damage her.
>bring 1 spark to the statue and she will return from hiding
>kill her before she hides again.

make sure you position Simin in an area where your party can stand safely out of any spark aggro when you have someone round them up, it’s very important the sparks co-operate, whoever rounds up the sparks take special care of which traps you use, you need to bring the 1 spark you left over to the trap that you never used the first time.

doing this fight the way arenanet intended is near impossible and you will probably spend about 5 hours trying due to a number of issues with the fight.

do it quickly, arenanet’s latest “fix” to Bjarl in CoE 1 is a sure sign of bad things to come.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: PlaneWalker.8346

PlaneWalker.8346

I dont think the class requirement is that strict. When I fight her our team has 1 guard 1 war me (ele) 1 necro and 1 mez. Which doesn’t seems as a highest dps build but we fought her very well and get her down quick(if not that quick).

(edited by PlaneWalker.8346)

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Actually thats wrong, the boss is all about damage and nearly no strategy, at least for now.

When we did Simin we simply took as offensive builds as possible, we had mesmer, condition necro, condition thief, me(ranger) and a full berserker warrior. We dps’ed Simin down before she could disappear (after the first disapear at 50%).

There was definitely little strategy involved, we just had to bring the highest dps possible.

well I can tell you that every time I have done it, we had a set strategy and didn’t care for DPS. We coordinated everything in Vent and had the necro poison when necessary. We usually run tanky setups. Yes, the sparks are a little glitchy, but there is a way to counter this. We have two people with specific jobs, and have the boss taken away from the sparks. Anyone who takes spark agro leads them back to the statue/thing in the middle and runs around it in a clockwise rotation until all sparks are in place. even if the spark misses, if everyone who has a spark on them runs in the same direction, they go in fast. Another thing we do is to put in only 4 sparks first and leave the last one. So that for the next time, only one spark is needed to be kited in.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

The more DPS you have, the less accurate your spark pull has to be, that is how simple it is. But there still is a damage cap which you can not go under, because then no matter how perfect your pull is, it will not work out.

To add a little to the post above me:
If you pull her to the left wall a little towards the spawning location of the 3 sparks, you simply have to let 2 people leave to the spark’s spawning destinations shortly before she goes invisible. One pulls the top right spark, then the top left and walks them down in the circles. The other person pulls the 3 sparks south and gets them in the 2 circles on the right side and one on the left that is free.
This requires a little training, to get the angle for the sparks right every time, not interfere with each other and leave at the right time to get a perfect pull.

So if you have 2 experienced people you can make it work even if the other 3 have not run the dungeon ever

(edited by BUTTERBLUME.3217)

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

dps “tactic” doesn’t work anymore, so it’s not about dps anymore. You should try 4-1 tactic described by Lorana earlier or maybe try 5 people running spark.

do it quickly, arenanet’s latest “fix” to Bjarl in CoE 1 is a sure sign of bad things to come.

Haven’t done coe in a while, how did they fix him?

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: RomanX.9524

RomanX.9524

Hi same about Path 4
yesterday we spent more then 3 hours in this dungeon! 7 times died on Lupicus, but we killed him finally !

But Dwayna, try it about 1 hour 30min and left this dungeon unfinish in the end! Bcs its really hard, this sparks dont wanna rich in the circles, and when u put them there Dwayna has full or almost full HP !

So I agree its not good to spent more then 3 hours for dungeon and nothing get in the end bcs u cant finish it!

All party played in exotic armor + we used team speak!

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Haven’t done coe in a while, how did they fix him?

His charge now has a 50% fail rate to remove his buff when he’s making a kittening BEELINE towards the pillar.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

well I can tell you that every time I have done it, we had a set strategy and didn’t care for DPS. We coordinated everything in Vent and had the necro poison when necessary. We usually run tanky setups. Yes, the sparks are a little glitchy, but there is a way to counter this. We have two people with specific jobs, and have the boss taken away from the sparks. Anyone who takes spark agro leads them back to the statue/thing in the middle and runs around it in a clockwise rotation until all sparks are in place. even if the spark misses, if everyone who has a spark on them runs in the same direction, they go in fast. Another thing we do is to put in only 4 sparks first and leave the last one. So that for the next time, only one spark is needed to be kited in.

Even if that is true, most groups just DPS Simin down like we did, cause its faster and easier (if you have the dps). The boss isnt working as it should! And saying the fight is not about DPS is a lie, there are other ways i guess, but the DPS-way gets her down the fastest(on one go after first disappear).

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

after 2.5 hours fighting a bugged boss, i recommend no one to even try this path, its useless and you will lose 2.5 hours of your life doing it.
fractals bugged, this bugged, well its time to quit the game?
btw i am really disappointed with this. have nothing to play now.

do you guys on Anet play your game, and dungeons sometimes?or dont listen what community are talking?

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is how I approached finishing this path for my DM title:

- Investigate quirks of path online
- Inform guild of what strategies worked/didn’t work
- Coordinate guild to use said strategies
- Run path
- Win path

For the record, we ran sparks in the battle and tried to do “just enough dps” to keep her from fully regenerating when stealthed. We had a Mesmer do the spark running while a Necromancer, a couple Warriors, and a Guardian tried to dps Simin. Maybe this isn’t working “as intended”, and maybe it is, but who cares? If you want the title, do the research, plan accordingly, crush the path. I have never met a path that I couldn’t take on with that kind of planning. If you don’t have a good guild, might I recommend finding one! It helps a lot!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Joined random team for P4. Two guys ran sparks. Nothing fancy. Quite easy.
Very boring this way because all you can do is hide in corner still while runners run.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

is you can do it only with 1 mesmer 3 warriors(because of OP dmg) and a guardian, whats the point of having thief,ranger,necro, ele, and engineer as a character ?
point of guild wars 2 was fun doing dung and this is killing it, even fractals colossus is huge deal now with his bug. ppl complain, nothing is done=ragequit?
other paths of arah are doable but they are sometimes tough even with guild runs with skilled ppl and teamspeak.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Ragnarox, you’re mistaken:

The thief is also great for this encounter, as are the necromancer and ranger. All of them provide invaluable applications of AOE and non-targeted poison and bring decent DPS to the table. Furthermore, any class can do the spark running, so it’s not an issue. You can also do a lot of damage to Simin through retaliation stacking, and Engineers with grenade kits do remarkably well in addition. I have no issues beating this path with practically any team makeup, although having multiple warriors certainly makes it easier because they’re perfectly suited for this encounter. Mind you, one class being ‘perfectly suited’ for one encounter in the game does not make every other class worthless.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

haviz.1340

Did it today with 4 firsttimers. Very low dps, just fast run to the sparks (teleportation skills)

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: enmitee.7539

enmitee.7539

This is how I approached finishing this path for my DM title:

- Investigate quirks of path online
- Inform guild of what strategies worked/didn’t work
- Coordinate guild to use said strategies
- Run path
- Win path

For the record, we ran sparks in the battle and tried to do “just enough dps” to keep her from fully regenerating when stealthed. We had a Mesmer do the spark running while a Necromancer, a couple Warriors, and a Guardian tried to dps Simin. Maybe this isn’t working “as intended”, and maybe it is, but who cares? If you want the title, do the research, plan accordingly, crush the path. I have never met a path that I couldn’t take on with that kind of planning. If you don’t have a good guild, might I recommend finding one! It helps a lot!

This, we finally have the title, and this is what we have done.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Paranormal Bear.2539

Paranormal Bear.2539

Going to add my 2-cents into this:

Honestly, right now Arah P4 has brought the Holy Trinity into it. Because people don’t want to pair with a ranger, who’s pet will get in the way of a spark, or a necromancer unless they are a good glass-cannon condition build. Thief players that don’t have a slight clue will get booted right after Wraith-lord, so it goes back to the holy trinity’s DPS – Tank players that will get the job done/ aka 5 Warrior party.

@ anet Staff; PLEASE either:
1. Make it so that Dwayna does not heal during spark retrieval so that a normal party can dps her,
or
2. Lower her regen and fix the sparks so that when they are set right, she does not reset & they aren’t toying/avoiding their circles.

First run of path 4 took 8 hours before my guild party of G/G/G/M/T quit with nothing in return when we should have received a medal for trying so hard at getting her to 25% health.

Second run of path 4 took 10-11 hours before I had to tell my pug groups of G/G/G/W/E , and G/G/G/R/E that we did the best we could but because she regenerated faster than it took to gather the sparks, that we had to call it a day. (which is really pathetic in boss mechanics).

So what will it be Anet? I, and many around me want to get our dungeon mastery & tokens for this path! Unless you do something about it, quite frankly, people are going to feel downed and leave the game due to a HOLY TRINITY – broken mechanic you just keep avoiding to fix!

Guild Master – Engineer Bear of Teddy Bears [PAWS].
Come join us in our FA Bear Invasion!
http://toygamers.forumotion.com

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Elise Lestat.6390

Elise Lestat.6390

You wanna hear the real killer?

The three times I’ve been to Dwayna:

1. PL dc and kicked group.
2. Giganticus would not attack.
3. Killed Dwayna (after forever with A VERY good DPS group), ran to end boss…. AND….
glitched. The cut-scene never happened and the boss never appeared. In our desperation, we killed EVERY ENEMY on the path from Cleft WP to the boss to no avail. We even went back and did every event (bonus event) that could be done…. went back and killed a random wraith at the Grenth fight that was still there…. had people leave dungeon one by one and reinvite….had people relog….tried to contact ANET….

We spent more time than I’d like to admit in there, for nothing. I think 2 people called into work for it. Three of us it was for Dungeon Master title. We all wrote ANET very very angrily, I’m sure. All I want is my title. I do NOT want to run that ever again. I’ve attached the short video I took (4:17am EST) to show what happened. ANET, do the right thing. Just code in something for our party that gives us credit for the path. It’s absurd.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Kris.1895

Kris.1895

You wanna hear the real killer?

The three times I’ve been to Dwayna:

We spent more time than I’d like to admit in there, for nothing. I think 2 people called into work for it. Three of us it was for Dungeon Master title. We all wrote ANET very very angrily, I’m sure. All I want is my title. I do NOT want to run that ever again. I’ve attached the short video I took (4:17am EST) to show what happened. ANET, do the right thing. Just code in something for our party that gives us credit for the path. It’s absurd.

Wow I would go nuts if I were you tbh. The sad thing is Anet will prolly do nothing about that, you’re just one of many :<

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

haviz.1340

Wow I would go nuts if I were you tbh. The sad thing is Anet will prolly do nothing about that, you’re just one of many :<

Pretty funny statement considering you sell dungeon slots :P

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

haviz.1340

Pretty funny that Anet can be mad at people for selling slots, though I’m sure it was their “fixes” to killing Dwayna fast that bugged all that stuff in the first place. You go through Arah path 4 post patches and tell me how you would like it if it happened to you. Anyone that defends anet when this stuff happens are kidding themselves. So what if people help others with the dungeon in that manner. I’m telling you now, you don’t want to run this for hour and hours, like me, and get nothing in the end for it. It has literally made me sick just thinking about playing the game anymore.

That bug is present since the launch.

I’ve did path 4 today (it wasn’t my first time completing it) and it took us about 20 minutes to get from lupi to final boss (I joined before lupi). Instead of complaining about spending hours you should step up your game.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

10 hrs in Arah path 4 last night. Just waking up. I couldnt find people with enough DPS to take her down. Never trying that again.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

haviz.1340

Who said it was my fault it took that long? When you run the path with a pug group of people that haven’t ran it, it takes a little while longer. Get me in a group with your people then. I know what I’m doing. I’ve got my 30 HoM pts….. in 300 hours. I don’t need to “step up” anything.

Because 30 HoM points was hard to get?

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Raven Bloodfeather.8594

Raven Bloodfeather.8594

Well, yesterday my team killed Dwayna in 15 minutes with one guy afk-ing. She’s not hard, she’s annoying if you don’t know what to do, and when. I hope Anet won’t nerf her. It’s last path of Arah. I know this game should be casual friendly but please leave some challenge for the hardcore players. I know there’s always fractals but they are:
1. Too short for me,
2. Not many people do very high lvls.

(edited by Raven Bloodfeather.8594)

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Well let me go afk in your runs. I could use the extra tokens. I dont know what kinda 5 man warrior team you guy… I dont even..

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

my group did this path 4 last night took us 7 hr we where fighting last boss for over 2 hr the sparks do not work right and she goes invisible at 50% regens all of her health we tryed to put the 4 sparks in let her heal up to full then put the 1 spark in and dps her down we got her down to 20 % health and she goes invisible and regens all of her health then goes back inivible at 50% this path is broken and not worth doing its a waist of time till its fixed . i dont think Anet playes there own game to see how there mecanics work. because this path shurly does not work .

waist of time

we never finished this path we just gave up

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Next time you’re doing this path and you’re in trouble, send me a whisper. I’ll make sure you succeed, I’m in US and I’m always up for fast tokens.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: mille.9867

mille.9867

We just finished path 4 and i think was one of the most horrible experience i’ve ever had in games.
All the dungeon is easy but the priest of dwayna is hard as hell.
Is hard not because the mechanics but simply cause it’s bad implemented.
The spark’s aggro and how they insert in slots dont work as intended, and is just matter of luck instead of ability.
So you need a group with big DPS (so people need to spec and equip for it) and alot of luck: cause if you loose just 1 second to insert the spark you must restart and try again.

If someone was wandering about my group we was 2 warriors, 1 mesmer, 1 engineer and 1 guardian all in Berserk gear and specced as damaged.
So the problem i repeat, is not only to have high dps

I never had problems with other boss fights in this game, and i find fight like lupicus and subject alpha challenging and fun, cause you use your skill to end the encounter.
Priest of dwayna is just frustrating and depend about your random dose of luck.

So arenanet, if you are planning to create other dungeons in future, create something challenging and FUN… not something that not depend on player’s ability.

Thanks

Arah - Path 4 (Dwayna)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With pure DPS-team you should be able to use 4-1 trick.