Arah:Pattern with Sparks @ Corrupted Dwayna?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

Ok, I have checked everywhere for more information about this and there is none anywhere, hence the reason I am making this post. If you look while you are fighting her, the Corrupted High Priestess of Dwayna, there are certain circles (where the sparks are to be returned) that are glowing purple with shields around them and some that are not. There is also an interact button on the back of the center stone. What is the purpose of the Purple Animation switching between those circles and even sometimes going between 1-5?

• Could there be a pattern with this that makes this fight far simplar
  • Possibly only having to put in how ever many orbs it suggests (1 or 3) instead all 5
  • Could put the sparks in the ones without the shield animation
  • You could have to put the exact orbs it is selecting by the direction those return circles are pointing

Another key point in all of this is that pesky interact button on the back… what exactly is it’s purpose in all of this. If you do one of these right maybe it takes hitting the interact button to work?

I’m very curious about all of these reasons because think about it. Anet doesn’t always just go “hey guys you are doing this wrong” they always like people to discover it on their own and there has to be a reason for those animations to keep switching every-time you put the orbs in. My group got tired or I would of loved to of tested it. Does anyone else have any theories on this?

Keep in mind I have not completed this fight yet.

Or is this fight literally just simply a brute force fight? If so that is disappointing.

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

(edited by Asklepious.6014)

Posted by: Saturn L O L.1406

Saturn L O L.1406

As far as I have noticed I’ve completed arah p4 2 times… No idea why I did it a second time tho after this fight….

The middle seems to be random, ofcourse I can’t know, but it seems that if one of them doesn’’t habe a shield, all the sparks gather up in that one, no matter where you place them , which makes it very annoying to see where the remaining sparks have to go….

I do agree however that this might be a setup and there is a far easier tactic

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Well this is how we did it, we didn’t have good dps either – we all dps’d her untill she went invis then 2 ran the sparks and 3 kept dps’ing (aoe, poison etc) swinging their daggers and whatnot so she didn’t actually heal at all while being stealthed. Was an easy fight.

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

We tried this last night for about 3 hours and eventually just gave up. You can’t dps her while she is invisible an longer. Two of us were rangers (including myself) which made the event even worse since the sparks would decide to latch on to our pets and they were hard to lead to their spots.

Might try it again when I get my guardian up to 80 but I’ll never take my ranger back there…

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

Yes, as I’ve read through most of this and I didn’t see anything on the theory of there being an actual mechanic to the fight. No where on the internet discusses the theory of an actual intended mechanic to the fight. Only a brute force take down. Which is why I created a new thread. Because I still believe that those animations appearing around 1, 3, or 5 circles mean something be it with or without the interact button. So I would think this covers a different topic than I’ve found in that forum. But ty for your suggestion.

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

Yes, as I’ve read through most of this and I didn’t see anything on the theory of there being an actual mechanic to the fight. No where on the internet discusses the theory of an actual intended mechanic to the fight. Only a brute force take down. Which is why I created a new thread. Because I still believe that those animations appearing around 1, 3, or 5 circles mean something be it with or without the interact button. So I would think this covers a different topic than I’ve found in that forum. But ty for your suggestion.

True, but the discussion already drifted from you original topic to the other topic.

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

I did legitimately back when she still could be brute forced down. Not sure if theres any kind of pattern, what we did was we had everyone take 1 spark and run it back to the center, then we grouped up and run clockwise around the statue until all the sparks went into their “pens.”

Was a pain because these sparks are above the law and can sometimes just walk right through the statue in the middle instead of being LOS’d by it making it difficult to guide them.

Although each spark did seem to have its own pen and if you locked multiple sparks within 1 pen, its intended pen would also be locked out, so we just kept running in circles til it went in when we couldnt figure out which one it was supposed to be in.

But this was way back in like late September/early October so my memory is hazy.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Yeah previously boss can be poisoned\AOEd while in stealth. Now boss removes all the debuffs and gets invulnerable while in stealth – that makes this fight impossible to complete.

I have no idea why they made this ridiculous, the most difficult and the most frustrating fight in game even more frustrating. Ive killed this boss 3-4 times before one of the latest patches (a patch deployed a month ago i guess), and spent like a few hours on that boss a few days ago with a really good group (we cleared dungeon to dwayna in less than 40 min)

I have submitted a ticket but got only mindless reply “go-to-the-forums”.

Can anyone from development team make some comments on that? If it is working as intented we will keep looking for ways to beat her, if it is a bug we will wait for the patch.
Thanks!

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

I killed her after the patch. It is entirely possible.
You just have to get a decent spark pull and ‘some’ dps.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

I’ve killed her multiple times after the patch, it’s just a dps check now. Here’s a video my groupmate put on reddit showing how we do it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/15d3gf/arah_path_4_simin_visual_guide/

I’m still working on a good path 4 guide with no mistakes before I put the full walkthrough with commentary on my youtube page.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

I know this is probably going to be a bad picture, but this is how i did it.
So my composition was 2 people with plenty of speed buffs and 3 dps/players to aoe the boss fight.

Here’s how we started(before aggro-ing the boss). We got a lot of dwayna tears and put them to the left side of the alter where we would fight the boss. Just along the wall somewhere away from the sparks(anywhere can do we just liked that left wall, it had enough space).

We started the fight and pulled her to where our dwayna tears were located and kept her there for the rest of the fight. Every health interval the boss will go invisible and summon the sparks.

We have two runners: 1st runner and 2nd runner. The first runner grabs the 2 top sparks and runs at certain angles (as drawn in the poorly made picture). While at the same time the 2nd runner is grabbing the other 3 sparks and lining them up at those angles. If it works out correctly the sparks should fit into the spots without too much trouble.

Please note the sparks have a bit of an aggro problem with someone who is stoned and may be attracted to them. Hence the stockpile of dyawna tears. If your spark runners are fast enough the boss will go down pretty smoothly.

There can be a few problems with the spark pathing, but it is up to the runners to get the sparks in the right place. I find it best to keep it to two runners to keep it clear of other people aggro-ing sparks and the rotation thrown off. Hopefully it helps.
Note again the map is drawn as you look at it(with an overview) map picture and locations will vary.

Attachments:

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

-snip-

Finally someone who explained you don’t have to do 4-1 and try to bring her down in one try. When I was doing it last time, my team did it pretty similiarly.

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

-snip-

Finally someone who explained you don’t have to do 4-1 and try to bring her down in one try. When I was doing it last time, my team did it pretty similiarly.

Not a problem, the only reason for us taking a long time to down it was a lack of speed buffs, bad pathing, and cause a third guy kept on getting in the way. You are welcome.