Arah Tour (NA and EU) - January 3rd and 4th

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Another educational tour on NA, and a first ever (for me) educational tour on EU. The EU tour will be on Saturday, January 3rd, and I will start forming a party at Noon U.S. Eastern Time / 5:00 PM GMT / 6:00 PM CET. The NA tour will be on Sunday, January 4th, and I will start forming a party at 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time.

I expect the following:
- Know your class. This includes having melee weapons, and knowing what they do. We will melee everything, including Lupi, with the possible exception of Melandru (so make sure you have at least one ranged weapon you can equip if needed).
- Teamspeak 3. A microphone is not necessary, but you need to be able to connect and listen.
- Powerful potions of undead slaying and 66% chance life steal on critical food (e.g. Candied Dragon Rolls).
- A good attitude.
- You have watched Brazil’s Lupi Guide. Adapt what you learn to your class. If you have the time and interest, it may be helpful to find melee solo videos of someone who is playing your class, but this is in no way required or expected.
- If you are joining us for Path 4, you have watched this trio melee melandru video video. We are going to at least to attempt to melee this boss a few times. When watching the video, pay attention to the timing of the explosions around Melandru and aegis/block/dodge timing.
- If you are joining us for path 2, you have watched 0:55 to 1:12 of this video. Knowing the general route of the spider skip will help speed things up in the event we do not have a thief, and thus cannot simply stealth past everything as a group.

We will be doing the paths in reverse order (4, 3, 2 then 1). If you, for example, only need path 4 for your Dungeon Master title and don’t want to do any other paths feel free to leave after the path(s) you care about, as there will possibly be people waiting for the additional paths.

If you are interested, post here, or send me an in-game mail message. My NA account is Zui.9245 / Zui Plays Warrior and my EU account is Zui.2983 / Zui Euro Warrior. If you post here, please say whether you’re in it for NA or EU. If you send a mail message, just mail the appropriate account (NA for NA tour, EU for EU tour). Please indicate your experience level with Arah in your post or mail message, as I will attempt to prioritize less experienced players over very experienced ones (who might still want to come along for fun).

I will be streaming both the EU and NA tours. My twitch is twitch.tv/zuistreams.

(edited by Zui.9245)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I would like to join for all 4 paths (NA), but if someone else needs it for Dungeon Master I’ll give my spot over to them. I’ll check back later to see if I’m needed for the team.

I don’t need Dungeon Master…I’m working on completing the Arah armor collection for Dungeoneer.

I’ll be bringing my guardian if you need someone along for fun and to fill a spot. It’s been a few months since I’ve been in Arah, but I remember p1-3 pretty good.

Posted by: FloSte.1679

FloSte.1679

I’d like to join the EU run. I’m interested in doing all 4 Paths,but im not sure if i’ll have enough time for that.

While i’ve done a lot of other Dungeons, my only experience with Arah is trying Path 3 in Pugs a few times, and i never got past Lupicus.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Update: All of the slots for the NA and EU tours have been filled. Those who have expressed interest in going and gotten contact information to me (either via whisper, in game mail mail, posting it on reddit, or posting on the official forums) are set to come! (This excludes all of the generous people who volunteered to come along in the event I couldn’t find enough interested students!)

With that said, it’s totally possible that some of the people who are confirmed might not be online / might have their plans change / might have to leave early. If you’re still interested in the tour, definitely let me know, as there may potentially be a slot for you, even if it’s just for the last few paths. Even if you don’t get to come on the tour this weekend, I’ll likely do other tours in the future, and I’m more likely to do those future tours sooner if a lot of people are interested. There will also be VoDs of each tour available on my twitch (www.twitch.tv/zuistreams), and both tours will be streamed.

As always, if you’re interested in learning Arah feel free to join [Noob] (a non-rep teaching guild on EU and NA) and contact any of the Arah mentors (including myself). See here for more information about [Noob]: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Mentors-Noob/first

Posted by: utred.6085

utred.6085

Thanks for the run Zui (and Miku)! Was good fun and I learned a lot. Now I can finally add arah to my daily dungeons (and get my dungeon master, if p3 doesn’t bug out again).