Arah Vet here to help you with Arah runs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vicieux Rose.5910

Vicieux Rose.5910

Had an arah p3 run with obal and it went nicely. He gave detailed instructions on what to do and was very patient as well with a new player like me. Hope to join obal in his future runs if he will have me.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I would be highly interested in running Arah with you for dungeon master completion. Arah is the only dungeon that I have not yet had luck in completing all paths. I would be available both times and can bring a ranger, guardian, or elementalist.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: SweetTea.4289

SweetTea.4289

Hi! I’m also incredibly interested in running Arah with you. I’ve been putting it off for some time, since the one time I tried it went horribly — and people aren’t generally friendly to newcomers, as you said. I needed to start, though, because I’m trying to get the Bifrost and its tokens are the last non-purchasable things I need. Please send me a message, if you have time. I’d definitely love to learn the dungeon!

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Thanks to obal, after doing a few runs with him and his friends I am now confident enough to get into pugs. Although in a typical pug, lupi does feel a lot harder. I tend to die exactly once each fight in phase 3 when he spams those knock down bubbles on me (which should go away when i learn to manage my stunbreak cooldowns). Another thing I need to learn is judging when it’s safe to res ppl but hopefully its just pattern recognition.

Right now i’m 1 run away from the last piece I really want. Without OP I would probably still be sitting on single digit tokens XD

Thanks again for those patient walkthroughs. If you ever run out of ppl to do arah (or even other dungeons) I’m always happy to be in your party

btw, for those ppl looking to pug, I always do:
“<profession> with some lupi experience looking for a friendly group to do path <insert number>”
generally the people are nice and laugh at my lame jokes

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

Obal that’s such a nice offer. I really like your attitude about welcoming first-timers. I would be happy to join you on a run – I know Lupi has been a huge struggle for my guild and Arah in general is feared by us so I’d love to pick up tips/tricks!

~Arabella

(edited by Lauren.3061)

Posted by: Salvia.7598

Salvia.7598

Finally got to run with Obal and it was fantastic. Done in less than an hour, Lupicus was smooth as butter, and there were no hiccups. Would love to run with you again sometime!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Very interested, never done Arah Explorable before, need it badly for the remainder of my legendary… whisper me in-game, same character name.

Thanks for the kind offer.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: tangjiasen.8390

tangjiasen.8390

I’m very interested in doing Arah with you, Obal. Arah has been such a frustrating experience—from leavers to being kicked for dying too often (squishy elementalist here), it’s been awfully discouraging trying to do this dungeon. I’m more than willing to listen to any advice concerning stats I should be running for this particular dungeon.

Thanks for the offer!

Posted by: ragingpuma.4618

ragingpuma.4618

is there anyone willing to help out with arah path 4 in eu?

Posted by: Mirarii.7836

Mirarii.7836

I’d love to do Arah. I’ve had a few failed runs as it is, but would love to start working on the armor set properly.

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

I really like what you’re doing here, Obal. I too would consider myself an “Arah Vet” ( i have 2 characters in full arah gear, working on a third) and i’ve been pretty annoyed at the elitist attitude from Arah runners.I’m sick of seeing things like “LFM Arah path 3, must have 250 tokens” in LA map chat. I’d like to do what you’re doing here, but i don’t think i’d be able to finish with a group where EVERYONE is new, and i my usual arah group is a full team of 5, so i can’t really bring anyone new with us.

You mentioned usually running with 1 or 2 other people familiar with the path, so if you ever need another skilled person, shoot me a /w, and i’ll be happy to run with first timers. Hope to see you around.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Thanks obal for helping me with my first arah run awhile bak. I now do arah frequently with pugs and almost have 3 dragons deep weapons. Never had the experience to do it with pugs until i did a run with his group :]

Posted by: Fallon.2347

Fallon.2347

Obal is the man. One of the most patient players you will ever meet in the game. I highly recommend for anyone that would like to see Arah without a horrible experience give him a shout.

Escape From L A [EfLA]
Guild Leader
Maguuma – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: kwatrich.3805

kwatrich.3805

I would love to be included on one of these runs. If you have room. My warr is in full exotics has melee and ranged. I am fairly experienced with gw2 dungeons and mmos in general.

I’d also like to pay it forward to my guild and help them out with arah runs. I don’t mind hopping on vent and sharing either.

Thanks for this man.

Posted by: Yasha.6105

Yasha.6105

I’m looking to get the Orrian legs so this would be a great start if I could join one of your runs. I’m a hammer and scepter/focus guardian with full exotics. Best time for me would be your 12 am runs.

Thanks

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Hello!

If you have room, I could definitely use some help on Arah.

Guardian here, with full exotics, and have experienced exp mode of “lesser” dungeons. Willing to learn, especially tips and tricks that work.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Riddle Bladesdon.1735

Riddle Bladesdon.1735

Absolutely interested, especially for path 4 when they fix it. Will add you to friends in game. Contact me about Arah p4 after fix.

Posted by: Esper.7035

Esper.7035

Are you still offering this? I would love the opportunity if so. Adding you in game, I’m free for either run. 80 Full Exotic Guardian.

Posted by: ALeetNoob.4830

ALeetNoob.4830

I would to be interested in learning Arah first hand with a well experienced guide such as yourself

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Are you still offering this? I would love the opportunity if so. Adding you in game, I’m free for either run. 80 Full Exotic Guardian.

I’m still going regularly. I’m plan on taking a break after hitting my 10k tokens mark which will probably be in about 2 weeks from now.

Esper.7035

I’m still going regularly. I’m plan on taking a break after hitting my 10k tokens mark which will probably be in about 2 weeks from now.

Awesome, tomorrow night would be excellent for me, if it works for you as well. I’ll send you a message in game! Thanks again, I’m usually the guinea pig for my friends in new dungeons, so this is a great opportunity! I really appreciate it.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

is it weird to want to go for tokens? i guess you get them anyways, but i have yet to attempt or enter this dungeon. my main is ele, but i have a guardian with some ascended rings, and exotics (power/tough/vit). i use a scepter/shield, and a staff. currently on Kaineng server.

working on legendary and it turns out i need 500 of those. i second that the LFG site is full of “experienced only posts”. it is discouraging, i posted my noobness there and received no response back.

thanks for the offer.

Posted by: Bad Wolf.1879

Bad Wolf.1879

My guild and I just started Arah, and despite the elitest view that it’s so easy we struggled a bit. I would like to take a run with you so I can pass the expirience off to my guildies next run. I’ve got your requierments covered and the 7 PM time is perfect. If you got a spot give me a shout! thanks

Esper.7035

That was incredible! Totally legit and awesome player. This game needs more patient and educating people like Obal. Thanks again.

Posted by: Kevlar Eater.1985

Kevlar Eater.1985

I definitely need some (more) experience and tokens from this place. If you don’t have a group going, drop me a line.

Posted by: LittleMusing.8257

LittleMusing.8257

Sorry I whispered you in-game first, haha. I’ll need to run to Arah first since I haven’t gotten there with my warrior. If you still have space I’ll run with ya. Need to complete Arah for DM title

Jade Quarry
[VwV][VaL]

Posted by: novalee marie.2458

novalee marie.2458

I would love a chance to learn this dungeon exp. I need the gift of arah would love to learn how to run this dungeon so I can get it. lvl 80 w/ full exotics

Pinnacle of Responsibility [Mom]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

I would like to go, been through all dungeons except this one (well I did do one path once). Do I need to do anything besides post here?

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

have done a couple runs with Obal here (turns out we’d done other dungeons before, heh). again, can’t be highlighted enough – extremely patient and knowledgeable. such fun runs and Arah is nothing what people make it out to be. albeit can be challenging at parts, still very fun. Obal and his i assume more static group members are actually all very great dungeon runners. people took their time, never complained and offered suggestions if things didn’t go as well. and no one rushed, had fun and took the time to chat a bit after the runs.

what i think dungeons were meant to be like. : ))) thanks again, Obal! hope to run a few more times with you, then be able to run on my own.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Yasha.6105

I’ve done 2 runs with Obal as well…not much else to be said that hasn’t been said already. Good leader. If you haven’t run arah p3, he’s your man.

Posted by: AllOmen.8024

AllOmen.8024

Greetings,

I’m interested in learning how to run The Ruined City of Arah (Exp) and would like a spot in one of your groups if you’ll have me. I’m new to the dungeon but able to meet your requirements to tag along. Please send word if you have a spot available sometime.

Thanks!

novalee marie.2458

I had a fantastic run last night thanks to Obal. Would love to go again any time you have the room. Thank you again for letting me join.

Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Fusrodahn.3709

Fusrodahn.3709

My guild and I are kinda trying to learn it. We have path 3 down no problem except for Lupi. For some reason he seems to reset on us in phase 2 a little too easily. [Like someone would die and we would have been spread out around the room to dodge his aoe, then he’d walk back to the starting position and immediately start phase 1 again] Any tips on that?

obal.3218

My guild and I are kinda trying to learn it. We have path 3 down no problem except for Lupi. For some reason he seems to reset on us in phase 2 a little too easily. [Like someone would die and we would have been spread out around the room to dodge his aoe, then he’d walk back to the starting position and immediately start phase 1 again] Any tips on that?

I can run it with your guild sometime outside of my normal times if you want. I’ve done that a few times and it’s seemed to help other guilds out a bit. I’ll pm in game about it if I see you on.

Posted by: AllOmen.8024

AllOmen.8024

Obal,

Thank you for allowing me to join a path three run last evening. Things ran very smoothly and I’ll be happy to “pay it forward” sometime. I’m looking forward to another adventure when you have some room.

This encourages better play and a better community, highly recommend.

Posted by: Drachshyish.2319

Drachshyish.2319

Shame you are on NA servers, for me that is. Spent 5 hours trying to figure out Arah path 3 just a few days ago, eventually we gave up at Lupi after wiping like 6-7 times.
Was fun, but in the end frustrating.
Hard being a noob in a dungeon… And I really do not understand the whining “no noobs” kitten, everyone was a noob at one point and if people didnt bother taking you you’d still be a noob.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Shame you are on NA servers, for me that is. Spent 5 hours trying to figure out Arah path 3 just a few days ago, eventually we gave up at Lupi after wiping like 6-7 times.
Was fun, but in the end frustrating.
Hard being a noob in a dungeon… And I really do not understand the whining “no noobs” kitten, everyone was a noob at one point and if people didnt bother taking you you’d still be a noob.

Please I was raised in Arah, bonded by the risen. Back then there were no pros but noobs only, we figured out things our own way, still wearing rare gear because no one except the rich had exotics back then.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: mizaru.1385

mizaru.1385

Wow I’m really interested, hope my timing permits me to join, will have to check. Will add u in game. I have a full exo mes, war and ele, if that helps.

Posted by: Kalea.9167

Kalea.9167

I’m not an Arah noob but I’m not a pro, by any means; I still consider myself capable of noobish behavior. I’d like to get path 4 done, just so I can stop hating it. I’ve sunk too many hours into it already, with pugs + guild runs alike. Now that it’s supposedly ‘fixed’ with the patch yesterday I was going to give pugging a try, a friend pointed me at this thread.

Been hanging out more on gw1 than 2 of late (not a lot to do), but if you have an opening, I can be available any time.

Oh. ETA, I meet the criteria in your post, would prefer to take ranger, at least up to Simin. Have exotic geared guard, mes, ele, I forget what else. Just done most of my dungoeoning on the ranger.

(edited by Kalea.9167)

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Love running with Obal. I tag along on some of his runs often. Always a great experience and I love helping new people =) Good on you, Mate for keeping this up and you know you can PM me any time you need an experienced hand.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

I enjoyed Obal’s patience and presence while in the dungeon. I was downed a few times, but he picked me back up with kind words

i would like to go more often if you need spots filled. my times are good on weekends, and late thursday nights. I lost my saturdays, so i can only game saturday afternoons. right now evenings are good (between 9-11pm PST) and all day friday.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Obal sounds like good guy greg and Wethospu is more like scumbag steve

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Yasha.6105

If any of you who have run with Obal want to run p3 when he’s not available, add me. Then we’ll see how much we’ve learned. ;-)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Now that’s a good one

obal.3218

He appears to be a good player both skill and attitude wise to me from his posts and the one time I talked to him in game. This game could use more people like him in the community.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Let me know when you’re running Arah again, I’ll jump in with you in a few hours if you like.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

He appears to be a good player both skill and attitude wise to me from his posts and the one time I talked to him in game. This game could use more people like him in the community.

That’s exactly what “good guy greg” would say. You suck.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

That’s exactly what “good guy greg” would say.

Say something scummy then, Steve.

novalee marie.2458

If any of you who have run with Obal want to run p3 when he’s not available, add me. Then we’ll see how much we’ve learned. ;-)

I second this. I still need several runs to get my gift and am always willing to go. I usually play late evenings eastern time.

Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I’ve done farming my tokens but if you ever need an extra hand I am more than happy to run along.

I don’t know if anyone has noticed this, when fighting lupi with obal on your team, he controls the aggro so well that he pretty much takes out all the hard work. All I really had to do is dodge/block those roomwide spew attacks.

Oceanic [LOD]