Arah Vet here to help you with Arah runs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Big Boss.7902

Big Boss.7902

Anyone willing to run Arah explore with me on an EU server? Arah is the last dungeon I need and can’t get a group for. People only seem to want experienced players. Plus I’m rather worried about joining a group to be kicked at the last boss and have my spot sold. >.>

I’ve got a guardian, warrior, ele and a.. ranger (not like it’ll be useful)

M Norn War Thror McCaw| F Norn Ele Lana Lan| M Charr Guard True Devil| F Norn Rang Shora
Swift| M Norn Mes Ludicrous Larry| F Norn War Tanni Wolfmaster| M Sylvari Necro Orin Storm|
M Human Thief Clint Elmwood| M Norn Guard Thor Lightning God| Desolation.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I can go with you in about 15 minutes.

Big Boss.7902

I’ve got you added

M Norn War Thror McCaw| F Norn Ele Lana Lan| M Charr Guard True Devil| F Norn Rang Shora
Swift| M Norn Mes Ludicrous Larry| F Norn War Tanni Wolfmaster| M Sylvari Necro Orin Storm|

Posted by: DrAvvoh.2063

DrAvvoh.2063

Never ran Arah b4, but I have exp in all the other dungeons, Mes with full exotic gears. Would be great to join one of your arah run.

Big Boss.7902

Just wanted to post, that over the weekend I ran Arah path 1,3 and 4 with Wethospu. Both his skill and his patience were outstanding. Thanks very much

It’s great that there are pro’s on both the U.S. and E.U. divide, willing to take the time to run the dungeon with people who aren’t experienced yet.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Just wanted to post, that over the weekend I ran Arah path 1,3 and 4 with Wethospu. Both his skill and his patience were outstanding. Thanks very much

It’s great that there are pro’s on both the U.S. and E.U. divide, willing to take the time to run the dungeon with people who aren’t experienced yet.

His contribution at high priest of melandru was outstanding as well

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

I definatly need help with this dungeon, coming from a GWAMM in GW1 this Arah stuff is just stupid.

There are no other words for it, yesterday i’ve been trying all day with various groups and none could get past giganticus, day before that was the same thing.

I rock a Thief and had no issue dodging Lupicus the entire time during phase 2 where he consistently targeted me but during phase 3 everything flipped around and he reset numerous of times.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Hey, someone must wipe the floor.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Hey, someone must wipe the floor.

My thief usually got that covered.

Posted by: Nullum Nomen.6274

Nullum Nomen.6274

I would like a run for arah please thank you.
Im a guard AH build full exotic have scepter shield and will listen to tips for the path.

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

Hi Obal, thank you for the taking your time to respond to my PM today. Just leaving a post on thread to hopefully get a position in your (I’m sure it is very long) list of inexperienced players to bring.

Posted by: Quin.9740

Quin.9740

Hi Obal,
I would to join your group sometime through Arah. I am fully Exotic geared using a Sonic Boon Warrior Build http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcRM0o0MzMaNRmMaNRmapVx0VVaoRb08kin707kiH707kin7kiH7kGD7kNh7kNf7kGD7kNh7kNf7ofD .

Mighty Quin of SOR

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

Hi Obal,

Thank you very much for doing this! I’d like to run Arah with you when you have space for me.

Best regards!

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

A guild group and I got to Lupi about a week ago and wiped about 5 times (apparently Lupi had a thing for leafy eles that night and so I was the victim of several Shadowstep + AoE + AA combos in phase 2). If it weren’t for the fact that I had to get up early the next morning we would have kept on going. If anyone on this thread is still doing Arah mentor runs on the NA side, throw me an invite! I’m around usually from 23:00 – 5:00 GMT (or 18:00 – midnight EST), so a run around server reset time would be great.

My main is an ele, but I also have a tanky warrior and a condi necro. I’ll take whoever is best for the party.

(edited by DEKeyzToChaos.7381)

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

A guild group and I got to Lupi about a week ago and wiped about 5 times (apparently Lupi had a thing for leafy eles that night and so I was the victim of several Shadowstep + AoE + AA combos in phase 2). If it weren’t for the fact that I had to get up early the next morning we would have kept on going. If anyone on this thread is still doing Arah mentor runs, throw me an invite! I’m around usually from 23:00 – 5:00 GMT (or 18:00 – midnight EST), so a run around server reset time would be great.

My main is an ele, but I also have a tank(hammer/ mace&shield) warrior and a condi necro. I’ll take whoever is best for the party.

I’m still going regularly. I can just go with a group of you and your guild members if you want since that usually has worked out the best to help guilds get through it. I’ll talk to you more in game about it if I see you on.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I’m starting to run arah again guys so add me if you need an experienced player also, I have done all paths multiple times and always willing to help newcomers. I’m available most days from 5-10p.m. eastern time, US servers only.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I think it’s very kind of you to help people with runs. Not many people do that. I hope you’ll be able to help them with path 4 soon as well.
Until then, for a small fee, me and my guildie can help with path 4 runs. Just message me.

Posted by: zIP.2345

zIP.2345

Hi Obal! (and other helpful Arah explorable vets)

I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread since it opened up months ago. I have attempted Arah path 3 explorable blind with a small group of guildies once; it took us 4 hours to reach Lupi, and we had to stop there as we couldn’t put a dent in him. It was the first time in this game where we actually had to quit a dungeon without finishing it! We had our fun, and it actually felt good to experience a boss that we really had to work hard to defeat.

Unfortunately, I have full time work and find it difficult to find a group to re-attempt Arah again, and I also have avoided posting on this thread due to several pieces of Rare gear on my main. But as of last week, I have finally outfitted my main in all Exotic gear (and 2 Ascended rings) – and would love to be shown the ropes in Arah! I’ve completed all other dungeons multiple times, and I also love to take new groups through those dungeons. I’ve only heard great things about Obal’s groups, so I’m hoping to learn Arah with someone who’s proven to be awesome, so that I may one day pay it forward and help other people through Arah explorable.

Hehe, I’ll like to think I’m pretty helpful and patient person – my record so far was taking a fresh faced group of people through CM path 3, that took 3 hours o_O

I run a Tough/Vit/Cond dmg Engineer, with a focus on kits and group support with an elixir gun, on the US Darkhaven server.

Looking forward to Arah runs with you guys!

Posted by: Shion.4386

Shion.4386

Hey obal I’m interested in taking you up on your offer of running Arah 3. What sort of procedure do you have for signing up?

Shion Takagi 80 Elementalist – Sohi Takagi 80 Guardian
Hien Takagi 80 Warrior – Mai Takagi 80 Mesmer
Yak’s Bend :: The Goober Confederacy [GOOB] Guild Leader

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Hey obal I’m interested in taking you up on your offer of running Arah 3. What sort of procedure do you have for signing up?

You just need to make a post as you have done. If you are on at my times and not doing anything you will be taken.

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Just wanted to post to say thanks again to obal for using his time to guide new people through Arah P3. I had a blast last night and learned quite a bit about the dungeon.

Posted by: Shion.4386

Shion.4386

Thank you so much Obal! I had a blast last night! A great experience helps tons when learning a dungeon and last nights run was awesome! I highly recommend that anyone wanting to learn Arah 3 asks Obal if they can go with him~

Shion Takagi 80 Elementalist – Sohi Takagi 80 Guardian
Hien Takagi 80 Warrior – Mai Takagi 80 Mesmer
Yak’s Bend :: The Goober Confederacy [GOOB] Guild Leader

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Hi Obal,

I’d love to take a run through Arah with you! lvl 80 Mesmer, full exotic gear. I’m usually logged in by 6pm EST (I get out of work at 5) so making the 7pm run is no sweat. Midnight would be too late for me though.

Thanks!
Jacked Jackal

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Posted by: zIP.2345

zIP.2345

Had a great run with Obal, Shion and friends yesterday evening too – I couldn’t believe we were really conquering Arah explore like any other dungeon. I’ve had longer and more agonising runs with groups doing CM and AC than with Obal’s doing Arah. Not a single wipe and we took down Lupi on the first try.

Thanks a heap for taking us through – I learned a lot from that run!

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

I just wanted to thank Obal and the group for the great path 3 Arah run tonight. It really helps to have a pro show you the ropes. I highly recommend going with Obal if you are interested in getting experience with Arah.

Posted by: Hyarion.6873

Hyarion.6873

Hello,

I’m trying to start farming Arah, if there is room in someone’s group tonight, could I please get an invite so I can learn the ropes? In game name: Anomander Celenar on Sanctum of Rall

Thank you,
-Hy

(edited by Hyarion.6873)

Posted by: McNutty.5031

McNutty.5031

Sign me up! have a fully geared mesmer and engi in exotics

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Hello, Obal.
I’d like to run Arah with you, when you have time. AH guardian, full exotic.
Like everybody else I have an experience with fractals up to lvl 18ish and CoF.

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

I’d definitely like to be a part of this. Trying to get a few armor pieces for my Guardian. I have 6 80’s so I can run whatever will benefit the group. All geared in exotics. My main is a Mesmer. I’ve run all dungeons with the exception of fractals and Arah.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Edit: Nevermind, I reread your first post and you don’t run path 4

(edited by DanteZero.9736)

Posted by: McNutty.5031

McNutty.5031

Just finished a VERY smooth Run with Obal. Gives great advice and clear directions. Very good lupi fight, and not bad at all. Anyone looking to get into some arah stuff, this is the way to go

Posted by: Azlidax.9753

Azlidax.9753

Sign me up, Necro, also have friend (Mesmer) who is dieing to go.

Posted by: FloChan.1956

FloChan.1956

Just did story mode yesterday, now wanting to do exp runs to get gear for my guard.
AH guardian, full exotic, do msg me. My BF (thief) would love to tag along to…

CelebrityX.7014

Had a great run yesterday with Obal. Definitely a great party leader. As McNutty said above gives great advice and clear directions.

Obal, if you ever need to fill another spot in the party i’m always down.

Posted by: KurbyFX.4083

KurbyFX.4083

Hi Obal!

Warrior, Full exotic Knights, Berserker Trinkets with GS/Axe + Mace with Rifle in inventory. Also have shield in inventory as well.

I’d love to go on a run with you sometime. Looking to learn the ins-and-outs of Arah p3. There’s a few people on my friends list/and possibly guild members who may be interested in tagging along as well.

Thanks, Kurby

CelebrityX.7014

Anyone who’s already run path 3 want to form a group for some runs? I’ve also had some experience with path 1 since running 3. If interested look me up in game. I need a few more runs for my armor a d would like to get it sooner rather than later.

Posted by: Deekon.8753

Deekon.8753

I am also interested in running Arah exp. Have 80 Mes with exo’s except Trinkets as I do not have the gold to purchase some via the TP yet. Running a condition support build as the greatsword “woo” is pretty annoying and it seems almost every Mesmer is a Berzerking greatsword enthusiast.

It’s a shame that I can’t get into a group because of the steep requirements that people want. I guess they forgot that they had to learn the dungeon at one time before as well.

I know the fights for the most part but do not have the actual experience in fighting them. I am even willing to transfer servers to find a group of people to run dungeons (not just Arah but them all)!

Posted by: LittleMusing.8257

LittleMusing.8257

Been focusing on levelling up alts, but I’m planning on running Arah soon. This coming Friday reset time, I’ll get my engineer if there’s space ^^;

Jade Quarry
[VwV][VaL]

Posted by: Spin City.1836

Spin City.1836

Hi Obal,

I’d love to learn Arah explorable path 3.
Finished Arah story mode a few days ago.
AH Guardian, full exotics, Greatsword, Hammer, Scepter+Shield & Staff.
Not much in the way of experience, I’ve only done AC Explorable (all paths) & completed Fractals levels 1 & 2. AC/CM/Arah story modes.

Send me a message in game anytime you have room in a group. Thanks for taking the time to teach the unexperienced, it’s difficult to find a group that does for Arah.

EDIT: Finished a run with Obal & it went great!

Thanks again for taking myself and others along for the run.

(edited by Spin City.1836)

Posted by: Oosik.5607

Oosik.5607

Hey I’ll take a run if you have room in,

I’m a mesmer with full Berserker’s Exotic.

I do not want to run path 4.

If you have space send a message.

Posted by: Kyanos.6089

Kyanos.6089

Would enjoy going, full exotic dps and support elementalist with all weapon except d/d. I have done p1 and had success but also want other paths.

Posted by: Mystry.4235

Mystry.4235

You ask people not be pushy or elitist, and then demand they be in full exotics? You’re the elitist here. A TON of people trying to do Arah are doing it to finish their story quest, and a ton of people doing dungeons are doing them TO get exotics.

Besides, Arah has been nerfed so hard that I just finished a run with 3 fresh 80s, 2 of which were full passive sigil warriors with no ranged weapon.

Posted by: Flipside.4152

Flipside.4152

Dude the man is doing a service to the community. Please dont bash him of at least laying out the requirements to make the run the least frustrating for beginners (and him for carrying the team) on arah. Sure you can run in there with all greens/blues, but if your a new guy in arah its not a very good idea. You may be l33t enough for it but not all are that good. Full elites will give them some margin of error before they go down.

And if your farming Arah as a new player and failing, just to get your first set of exotics then your doing something wrong. We have AC/COF1 for that.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

You ask people not be pushy or elitist, and then demand they be in full exotics? You’re the elitist here. A TON of people trying to do Arah are doing it to finish their story quest, and a ton of people doing dungeons are doing them TO get exotics.

Besides, Arah has been nerfed so hard that I just finished a run with 3 fresh 80s, 2 of which were full passive sigil warriors with no ranged weapon.

First of all, there is a difference between explorable paths (what we are talking about) and story mode (what you are referring to). Second of all, you meant signet (utility skills) not sigils (weapon upgrades). Third of all, you mispelled “Mystery”.

You don’t go to work in pajamas and you don’t go to war in underwear. Dress the part is the least you can do to show that you are PULLING YOUR WEIGHT. Dungeons are group activities, you go in with poor gear, you are making others doing more work and not pulling your weight. That, is unethical.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Anyone who’s already run path 3 want to form a group for some runs? I’ve also had some experience with path 1 since running 3. If interested look me up in game. I need a few more runs for my armor a d would like to get it sooner rather than later.

pm me in game, i can go with you if I happen to be free. I did paths 2 and 3 around 15 times combined, some were with obal. I’m also interested for path 1 btw, in case you are interested to rerun it

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: DungeonDaughter.7391

DungeonDaughter.7391

Hey Mystry,

There tends to be about 4 types of players in this game. You have the ones who don’t do great but at least try and don’t complain. You have the ones who don’t do that great and blame everyone else. You have the ones who do well and complain about everyone else. And you have the ones who do well and understand that different people are at different skill levels, and therefore are willing to teach. The middle two would be the elitists— one deserving, and one not.

Obal would be the last kind of player, which has been well-established by everyone’s post here vs. yours.

His prerequisites are not unreasonable. Just like you need to buy textbooks for class, you need to be geared well for Arah Explore mode. Arah Story is a little easier.

And that being said, since lots of people need to do Arah Story to finish their personal storylines, and because your run with 2 full passive signet warriors with no ranged weapons went so well, why don’t you start holding regular Arah Story runs? People will love you for it.

Then after your post gets 150 or so replies thanking you, Obal can come and tell you how much of an elitist you are. Of course he wouldn’t do that, but I’ll be happy to one day

“We just don’t want players…in Guild Wars 2.
No one enjoys [it]. No one finds it fun.” —Colin J.

Posted by: Fallon.2347

Fallon.2347

Your post is a little confusing. What it seems like you are saying is a few fresh 80s just completed story mode? Which yes, story mode has been time reduced on cinema and maybe bosses were nerfed. I’m pretty sure explorable has not really been nerfed at all.

Now, Obal is far from an “elitest”. Is he a leet player? Yes. Does he come across as an kitten or disrespect people? No. By the time people are 80 and getting to a point where they can run Arah, you should have some exotics form other dungeons.. or craft them.. or got them as drops. It’s not a terrible thing to ask people to have the highest tier of gear for final dungeon in the game.

The very first time I ran with Obal, I had only had bad experiences in there. I was quiet frankly scared to go pug it again. DungeonDaughter up there told me to talk to Obal about going to have a smooth run and get Arah done for my Dungeon Master title. I applaud Obal for how calm and patient he has been with every group I have been in with him. MMOs lack people willing to teach and have patience in general. For someone to post on his thread insulting him I think is rude and uncalled for. He doesn’t have to do this, and without people like him a lot of us would have to endure several long hours of pugs / rage quits / repair cost and general state of discontent.

Careful who you call elitest.

OMG ANET You censored my post with Kitten >< it’s not that bad of a word!

Escape From L A [EfLA]
Guild Leader
Maguuma – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

I have yet to group with any guardian that comes remotely close to Obal’s level in Arah. Kudo’s for your contributions back to the dungeon community.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

I have yet to group with any guardian that comes remotely close to Obal’s level in Arah. Kudo’s for your contributions back to the dungeon community.

Look at his Lupi solos. That’s pretty solid proof right there.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Hi Obal.
I was watching your video & I definitely want to run Arah (last dungeon for me) w/ you before you’re disappearing into the sunset, once I realize this threat is 1 month old. I’m bringing my Guardian preferably at 12AM run but I can do the early one as well.

Edit: This is an amazing smooth run w/ Obal. And he was staying after the run to clear up our questions about the attack mechanic of Lupi in 3 phases. Thanks Obal.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)