Arah dungeon- seers path is impossible to finish.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Yulan.4069

Yulan.4069

I’ve just left a 8 hour session without success at Simin. The DPS run kinda break those groups that aren’t focused in it, but what actually made this impossible for us was the sparks behavior while fitting in the altar. We had to run through the altar like 2 or 3 times before it finally work out, and that was when it wasn’t following another random player who had nothing to do with it.

Can we maybe have larger spots for those sparks? I find the mechanic of this dungeon particulary interesting, but pretty much broken in execution. It is hard to make 5 flawless sparks run in a row in order to kill Simin without a full berserker group, and I think every group composition with good players should be able to do it, being them specced for DPS or not.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the spot’s “highlights” are completely bugged as well. Once you fail to gather the 5 sparks, when Simin stealth again the shields and lights in some of the spots simply doesn’t show up and it gets way harder to calculate their route in order to fit them in the altar.

Ah, the Scepter of Orr. You have taken a risk to deliver this. Now I shall return the favor.

(edited by Yulan.4069)

Posted by: Shemuev.2608

Shemuev.2608

last night, we accomplish to kill Simin without spent a lot of time in this encounter. It’s our second try to kill her, and now i can say is possible.

While the sparks fix is in development, we used the 4-1 method. Our group was compound for 2 warriors, one thief, one mesmer and a guardian.

First step put a lot of tears in the fight zone and open the event, we define two persons to pull the sparks, one for each lair’s side, one pull one (1/2) spark and another pull three (3/3). We define two stone mode cleaners, one primary (clean everybody) and one secondary (only for clean primary cleaner).

Second step, we must down Simin to 50% of health, then the pullers without stress put the sparks in his spots, only four sparks (4/5), the rest of the group must wait together in any place near the boss disappear and dont have influence over the sparks while the pullers do his work. Then we must wait her to complete his healing.

Third step, again down Simin to 50% of health (a few sec before the vanish the selected puller can be near of one spark spawn place), when she vanish we can execute ours dodges in order to evade stone mode, one of the pullers take only one spark and place it in a altar spot. Then the burst battle begin, now we must spent all ours cooldown and doing the maximun possible damage in order to kill her.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5830/posicionesw.jpg

If you can’t kill her at the first try, try to repeat the 4-1 again until you accomplish the objective, for example, our group required 4 tries to success.

Shemuev – Thief 80 | Warrior de barrio – Warrior 80
Exploradores – [Ex]
Baruch Bay [Es]

(edited by Shemuev.2608)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

If you can’t kill her at the first try, try to repeat the 4-1 again until you accomplish the objective, for example, our group required 4 tries to success.

The reason why people spend there 8hrs is exactly because they try to dps her down from 50% instead of running sparks

Shemuev.2608

The reason why people spend there 8hrs is exactly because they try to dps her down from 50% instead of running sparks

I try another methods like running sparks and only we can finish with 4-1, maybe because my group have a good dps, use food and potions, but we success.

Exploradores – [Ex]
Baruch Bay [Es]

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

Both times I’ve killed Simin, it took us hours to do it, and had nothing to do with us trying to finish her in one go. Our low DPS left us no margin for error, which meant that one bad sparks run was all it took to ruin it, and force us to start over. As soon as we brought more DPS our margin for error was substantially increased, and we were finally able to kill her.

haviz.1340

Both times I’ve killed Simin, it took us hours to do it, and had nothing to do with us trying to finish her in one go. Our low DPS left us no margin for error, which meant that one bad sparks run was all it took to ruin it, and force us to start over. As soon as we brought more DPS our margin for error was substantially increased, and we were finally able to kill her.

20+ times I killed Simin the most important aspect was running sparks.

Shemuev.2608

+1 We must change ours traits in order to do more DPS, then works.

Exploradores – [Ex]
Baruch Bay [Es]

pdfrod.1948

20+ times I killed Simin the most important aspect was running sparks.

To kill this boss you can either:

1) Do perfects sparks run in a row, and don’t care too much about high DPS, or
2) Bring high DPS, and don’t care too much if one sparks run goes bad.

PuGs try 1) for hours failing to do perfect sparks run in a row. That’s when they start asking for high DPS players to go for 2).

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

This path is the only thing standing betweem me and the Dungeon Master achievement. If anyone is willing to give a serious shot tonight PM me (get ready for a couple of hours, no skipings, comited to finish it).-

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

Was the QA group using normal mouse and keyboards?

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

Our QA group was able to do this, but I have received many reports about her healing while stealthed being way too high. I’ll ask our QA to give it another pass with different characters/builds to see how they fare.

well its not that its impossible to do, its that the design of it is really frustrating and not fun.

i myself have only tried it twice and both times we ended up trying to kill it for like 1 hour, we didnt die or reset, we just simply couldnt down it becouse of the stupid sparks refusing to cooporate 1/3 of the time resulting in her fully healing up again, if you fixed the ai it would be totally fine

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

thanks rob, i think i’ll try it in the next days

it is not in yet. I was just updating this to let everyone know I have looked into it and done a modification. The next time there is a content patch you should see the changes.

so there was a small patch yesterday, did this do live with that minor fixes or do you mean we will see it in the big January patch?

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

so there was a small patch yesterday, did this do live with that minor fixes or do you mean we will see it in the big January patch?

Big January patch should be the time you’ll see it.

Koga.7215

thanks for the clarification Robert, I figured that would be the case but wanted to check as people dont want to run path 4 in its current state.

I’ll be looking forward to it to get dung master done since I never can find people willing to do it in its current state.

Posted by: Ryuuza.9258

Ryuuza.9258

I’ve finished path 4 and I must say the spark are indeed irritating as it sometimes doesnt follow properly and the boss just regenerate way too fast to get 5 whips into place. We had to technically cheat to beat this boss by doing the 4 spark in and one later when the boss hits 50% hp. I do believe it isn’t meant to be done like that but my group had a really good spark control and even with that its impossible to get the spark into place before it reaches 60% hp. We only get like 10 sec to place the whisp before we are stuck with phase one again.

Posted by: Narly.9023

Narly.9023

My group consisted of 2 warriors, 2 mesmers, and a ranger. The two warriors were both dps gear, both mesmers weren’t fully exotic gear and not dps, and the ranger (me) was dps.

It took us many hours to get our plan down pact. In the end, this is how it worked out for us: I’d run the 3 north sparks, someone else ran the 1 spark (4). One mesmer was dedicated to tears. Get simin to half health, then I’d run 1 spark (4-1). This left Simin with barely more than 50% hp due to low time to regen.

@ this point, I’d say ‘time’ and one mesmer would use time warp, increasing everyone’s speed (and therefore dmg), and as soon as their time warp was out, the other mesmer would use theirs right after. This alone would get simin to about 10% hp.

Next, we ran 5 sparks very efficiently (so, 4-1-5), not allowing simin to go above 50%. We then beat simin back down to about 5%, then ran another perfect 5 sparks (4-1-5-5), not allowing simin much regen at all, and by that time we were able to finish Simin.

It’s very tough, but after much ‘practice’ lol, you get the hang of fast spark runs, etc. Don’t give up after 4-1,letting him reset to try again. Good luck to future path 4 parties.

haviz.1340

Okay, joined yet another random pug. This time frenchies, so communication requires a bit more effort from my part. At the beginning (mine, not theirs, they were there for 6hrs already), we were failing quite a bit – people were staying at the statue instead of going on the side, pet aggroing 2 sparks, etc. Simply, a clusterkitten of epic proportions. Then they invited some dungeon master who was doing all kinds of wrong things and ragequitted after 1 failed try. Then, I invited someone I know is kitten good and we both run sparks while rest of the party was chilling on the side. Done at first 1 after 2-3 spark runs. Dps wise, it was pretty bad team. Tank/support guardian with a staff, ranger with gs, hammer war, d/d thief and gs warrior.

Posted by: Yulan.4069

Yulan.4069

You should also check the spark’s relation with the altar. If you get less than 5 sparks in there and let Simin reset, the next time she stealths you will only need to bring enough sparks to complete 5 counting the previous sparks. I’m sure it’s not intended and can be considered an exploit (known as the 4-1 method), and it’s impossible to find a group willing to do it the legit way nowadays.

But this also brings another annoying problem: the spots after the first spark run appears in a random way (most times just 2 or 3 appears), making it harder to fit the sparks in the altar.

I have done some research, as my group wasn’t successful in beating her, and there are some people also reporting that sometimes Simin loops in the 45% HP stealth, re-triggering it even if you get her to 45% HP again way faster than a minute.

Ah, the Scepter of Orr. You have taken a risk to deliver this. Now I shall return the favor.

Mesket.5728

Big January patch should be the time you’ll see it.

Robert I gave it another shot the other day… 8 hours in the dungeon, 5 hours dedicated just to Dwayna… I understand my group set up was not the best… we had 2 necros spec for pets which made us waste a lot of time on (Lupi due to grubs spawning on jagged horrors), support Ele, and 2 warriors with shout heals… Yeah, not the best dps combo but we got the fight right, we tried the 4-1 and almost got it once… thing is, we couldnt dps her down fast enough.

Now, one thing that you should consider; is the whole encounter only for 5 dps spec characters of specific classes? No fight, nor dungeon should require specific classes or specs or we will be back on another holy trinity. I’m sure this is not what you want but it’s what this kind of fights put the players towards.

Posted by: RiasGremory.4592

RiasGremory.4592

3 (DPS) warrior must have to done path 4 and you good to go

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I did dwayna for the first time tonight 2 shout warriors, 2 healing eles and a thief, thief dc’d first try and redid our a traits and utilities as much as we could on the fly to up the dps output and went again and got her down. I don’t think you really need high dps for this but you do need to hurt her more than she heals.

The biggest problem is the sparks just don’t behave and can be to hard to get in the slots, like they go right over them and don’t activate, and also sparks following the NPC? thats just mean.

We agreed when we came back to help the rest of our friends to get dungeon master we would spec more dps to make the encounter less dependent on the sparks. As it is though you don’t need 5 zerkers or anything, just do your best to get the sparks done as fast as possible

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

3 (DPS) warrior must have to done path 4 and you good to go

From personal experience, one warrior in MF exotics and level 15 accessories will do.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

So is the timer thing true ? (go invisible every minute like someone a few posts back explained)
And is there a bug where she continuously go invisible at a fixed percentage no matter how fast you go ?

We tried to do it the regular way for 30 minutes to an hour before to characters that had more dps and do the 4-1 trick. Don’t plan on doing that again for a while, but I’m curious about how the fight is supposed to work. Because they way we did it and she behaved, the only way of doing it was being extremely loved by sparks (simply going to the sparks and back to the statue, not even correctly placing all of them, she was already above 70% of her health).

Mesket.5728

The whole fight seems to be one of those things that looked good on paper but my god how horrible it actually is

Seren.6850

So is the timer thing true ? (go invisible every minute like someone a few posts back explained)
And is there a bug where she continuously go invisible at a fixed percentage no matter how fast you go ?

We tried to do it the regular way for 30 minutes to an hour before to characters that had more dps and do the 4-1 trick. Don’t plan on doing that again for a while, but I’m curious about how the fight is supposed to work. Because they way we did it and she behaved, the only way of doing it was being extremely loved by sparks (simply going to the sparks and back to the statue, not even correctly placing all of them, she was already above 70% of her health).

I’d have to do the boss more times to confirm if it was time based, it seemed to be though, we were getting her to 40% before the first stealth, then she be back at 80% after sparks. It did take 5-6 stealths due to spark issues before we downed her.

I did not realise you could put 4 sparks in and reset, hmm that will help a lot next time

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Impossible to do with a normal party composition, you NEED quick burst DPS classes (heavy classes), I’ll only do it again if the party is 4 warriors + me, this is so stupid, 8 hours wasted.

I hope you don’t consider this boss “hard”, cause this is not hard it’s buggy, even though everyone in the party spec’d for high DPS (2 ele d/d, guardian, warrior, necro) we couldn’t beat it, I want to see a video from ANet beating this boss with this very same party composition.

@Edit
Oh yea, I want to see now someone solo’ing this boss as it’s been happening quite often recently.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You really can’t solo a fight with that strong self-heal.
You need good balance of damage and spark-running and as a solo you will suck at both.

Posted by: vipLink.8376

vipLink.8376

We downed her after a really difficult run late at night. Everybody wanted to give up, and none of us could really understand how we’d ever manage to get enough damage towards her. But when we did finally beat her, it really felt like an accomplishment, and in my opinion the best bosses should feel that way.
Sure difficulty came from slightly unreliable mechanics, and having just this one really hard boss at the end makes it kind of annoying when the rest of the dungeon is a push over.

If your having trouble killing her, here are a few little things that help a lot:

1. If you feel your not getting anywhere and want to reset, wait until she goes into “Spark-Mode”. Also remember to take tears with so nobody’s left behind.

2. Before facing her try setting up a fighting area by placing a truck load of tears there. Not sure if it’s currently a bug that might be removed but the tears do not despawn and new ones appear regularly.

3. Sparks seem to follow in a straight line – stop – and follow again in a straight line. Use this to your advantage when placing them (i.e. pull them to the tree, and stand across a spot, not running around in a circle directly at the tree). It’s hard to get this right, but it is most essential as everybody’s already stated.

4. Have one person watch for the Debuff and throw tears. It’s hard to find a good tear thrower ideally it should be a ranged fighter with higher cool downs. (We had a staff and wells necro).

5. Do not waste any high cooldown skills before her first stealth and if the first Spark run was terrible. Also best to get a feeling for when she’ll stealth again. Other than that Blast it all away asap. It’s good to have someone who’s already done the run (though who would do it again?) coordinate the group (i.e. are we blasting or was the spark run not good enough).

6. Just before she stealths she goes Invulnerable, your queue for leaving and getting sparks.

If you’ve started getting her below 50% before stealth stay at it, if she’s always at exactly 50% your doing something wrong most probably Spark-runs.
I find it makes the most sense to have three runners, attacking her shadow seems to be useless. Have a backup tear thrower (he only throws when the original needs debuffing, if the original keeps forgetting to debuff then replace him, kindly) and a Backup runner. If your not running remember to check if you’ve aggroed something.

@ Robert: If your still reading this, I think a Timer (a Buff detailing when will she use stealth again) would really help a lot of people in seeing what they’re doing wrong. In my opinion this boss is just much harder because you can’t really tell if your making mistakes or if it’s bugged, always resetting at 50% because the now invisible Timer ran out makes it seem like something’s wrong and it’s just a natural assumption

Valento.9852

Spark fixes aren’t enough c’mon.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Wethospu.6437

Yeah, Simin should turn friendly and host a tea-party.

pdfrod.1948

Yeah, Simin should turn friendly and host a tea-party.

At around 5% HP, why not?

Posted by: opdino.6891

opdino.6891

Let me start with saying I have beaten this even after all the buffs that were given to dwayna.(invul will invis ,x2 faster healing) although it was only because of the spark 50% glitch even with a dps team 1 guard 3 war 1 mesmer
I find the issue with the boss is

1.The sparks are ranged so they get stuck and spaz around all over the place and can easily be deaggo if just walk to the other side of the pillar.

2. Since the boss is now invul during invis conditions cant slow the healing which gives you about 15 seconds before the boss is full healed

3. The boss bascially requires a full dps team composition (needs melee)

4. going with 3 due to petrification your basically only doing dps with 4 ppl while one throws the tears.

Three simple fixes tp help the boss go smoother and beatable without a specfic team composition/exploits
1.Turn the sparks to melee creature and extend the aggo radius to the whole cavern
2.Everytime the sparks gets put into the circles dwyana gets a unique buff that amplifies the damge taken / or at a certain number of stacks auto kills the boss
3..return the healing speed to what its orginal rate

haviz.1340

Let me start with saying I have beaten this even after all the buffs that were given to dwayna.(invul will invis ,x2 faster healing) although it was only because of the spark 50% glitch even with a dps team 1 guard 3 war 1 mesmer

1.The sparks are ranged so they get stuck and spaz around all over the place and can easily be deaggo if just walk to the other side of the pillar.

2. Since the boss is now invul during invis conditions cant slow the healing which gives you about 15 seconds before the boss is full healed

4. going with 3 due to petrification your basically only doing dps with 4 ppl while one throws the tears.

Three simple fixes tp help the boss go smoother and beatable without a specfic team composition/exploits
1.Turn the sparks to melee creature and extend the aggo radius to the whole cavern
2.Everytime the sparks gets put into the circles dwyana gets a unique buff that amplifies the damge taken / or at a certain number of stacks auto kills the boss

1. Aggro for whole cavern? You’re not jesting, right?
2. So baddies can do it after 6hrs by running 1 spark?
3. Her healing rate is the same as before “buff”.

I’ve done it about 10 times before and after “buff”, there’s virtually no difference if you weren’t punching her through invi but doing it legitimately.

Mesket.5728

1. Aggro for whole cavern? You’re not jesting, right?
2. So baddies can do it after 6hrs by running 1 spark?
3. Her healing rate is the same as before “buff”.

I’ve done it about 10 times before and after “buff”, there’s virtually no difference if you weren’t punching her through invi but doing it legitimately.

I challenge you to do it with only 1 melee class.

nuff said.

I still havent find a video where they do it without bugs using a random party set up: lets say, pet necro, staff elem, support tanky warrior, bow ranger (choose any of those and make it x2 to complete the party). If this party can’t do it then we are back at having specific group composition to compelte content, why not bring the holy trinity back while we are it?

This game had a GREAT idea that was not requiring a specific group to do things… this boss goes against that.

Valento.9852

Again, the main issue imo is forcing group composition when GW2 should be about knowing how to play your character, some classes simply CAN’T have kitten high quick DPS.

@Edit
“2.Everytime the sparks gets put into the circles dwyana gets a unique buff that amplifies the damge taken / or at a certain number of stacks auto kills the boss”

This is a very good idea, this buff that amplifies the dmg taken could last just a little (20sec or so), it would make it possible for any group to take down Dwayna and at the same time would stick to the expected time an explorable dungeon can be beaten as stated by the devs (about 40min.).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

haviz.1340

nuff said.

I still havent find a video where they do it without bugs using a random party set up: lets say, pet necro, staff elem, support tanky warrior, bow ranger (choose any of those and make it x2 to complete the party). If this party can’t do it then we are back at having specific group composition to compelte content, why not bring the holy trinity back while we are it?

This game had a GREAT idea that was not requiring a specific group to do things… this boss goes against that.

Every class except engy is melee (and its toolkit is melee). So what do you say about lupicus and others bosses that are highly anti-melee? Did any of you kittened about that? Melee = more damage, that’s why you melee her.

Mesket.5728

nuff said.

Every class except engy is melee (and its toolkit is melee). So what do you say about lupicus and others bosses that are highly anti-melee? Did any of you kittened about that? Melee = more damage, that’s why you melee her.

first, I do melee Lupicus.

Second, Lupicus doenst have a mechanic where if you dont do it in a certain way you will enter in an endless loop fighting the boss for hours and never kill it.

some players ARE NOT SPEC to melee or simply doesnt have a melee weapon on their inventory.

again, if there is only one set up for players to do a boss, then the whole idea of removing the holy trinity from the game failed right there.

haviz.1340

In all phases? And how many people does that? The general consensus is that you don’t melee him in phase 1. I’ve been kicked few times already for that.

some players ARE NOT SPEC to melee or simply doesnt have a melee weapon on their inventory.

So, explain me how justified is meleeing boss in ascalon fractals who deals agony twice for those in melee and 0 or 1 agony for those that stay behind. There are so much more bosses with anti-melee mechanics you should deal with 1 boss requiring some melee.

again, if there is only one set up for players to do a boss, then the whole idea of removing the holy trinity from the game failed right there.

Again, same thing. Some bosses require melee, some ranged.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Second, Lupicus doenst have a mechanic where if you dont do it in a certain way you will enter in an endless loop fighting the boss for hours and never kill it.

Dwayna is partly DPS check, partly sparks running check. Too many players go easy mode full survivability in GW2 and complain later that some bosses are impossible and the rest has too much HP :o

Mesket.5728

Dwayna is partly DPS check, partly sparks running check. Too many players go easy mode full survivability in GW2 and complain later that some bosses are impossible and the rest has too much HP :o

Last time I checked DPS spec was not a sign of skill, it was just another option; and survivality its not easy mode, its another option as well. Nothing should force one spec over the other, OR lets go back to holy trinity and stop this parade.

Wethospu.6437

When every class has the choice to spec for more damage it has nothing to do with holy trinity.
Today I did Simin again very easily. Team was DPS Warrior, Hybrid Guardian (which they wanted to kick but I told them not to), Ranged Thief, Ranged Elementalist, Ranged Necro. Again, it was very easy. Had to run sparks like 10 times because of failures but in the end smooth encounter.
Every battle favors some kind of style. Should I complain that I take too much damage with glass-spec?

And last time I checked you take more damage in DPS spec thus making it harder to survive.

Mesket.5728

In all phases? And how many people does that? The general consensus is that you don’t melee him in phase 1. I’ve been kicked few times already for that.

So, explain me how justified is meleeing boss in ascalon fractals who deals agony twice for those in melee and 0 or 1 agony for those that stay behind. There are so much more bosses with anti-melee mechanics you should deal with 1 boss requiring some melee.

Again, same thing. Some bosses require melee, some ranged.

- not all phases, phase 1 I melee and take locust swarms off weaker players and melee grubs down. On phase 3 I keep Lupi bussy with me and give the other 4 an easier time.

— I melee ascalon fractal boss as well but im only fractal lvl 17 since i have connection issues some times and im not giving it that much time until they fix it.

No, some bosses are easier on melee and some are easier on range, but no other content in the whole game has a dps restriction like this one. I completed every other single dungeon path boss whatever there is and this is the only one that i have a hard time on. Simply because I refuse to kick someone from my party or foce him to respec. DPS builds are great and when people know what they are doing it helps to complete things a lot faster but this is not a matter of how fast you can do it, this is a restriction for players to complete content. I’m not even arguing this for myself since im a warrior with high dps but im arguing this for the other players out there who plays different builds and have the same right to complete content without the need of changing their game style if they already are good at what they do. I don’t care if the fight lasts 3 hours as long as it can be done.

haviz.1340

- not all phases, phase 1 I melee and take locust swarms off weaker players and melee grubs down. On phase 3 I keep Lupi bussy with me and give the other 4 an easier time.

— I melee ascalon fractal boss as well but im only fractal lvl 17 since i have connection issues some times and im not giving it that much time until they fix it.

So why won’t you melee the big puppy in other phases? Is it too hard? Why people don’t complain about it yet you complain about being forced to melee Simin?

No, some bosses are easier on melee and some are easier on range, but no other content in the whole game has a dps restriction like this one. I completed every other single dungeon path boss whatever there is and this is the only one that i have a hard time on. Simply because I refuse to kick someone from my party or foce him to respec. DPS builds are great and when people know what they are doing it helps to complete things a lot faster but this is not a matter of how fast you can do it, this is a restriction for players to complete content. I’m not even arguing this for myself since im a warrior with high dps but im arguing this for the other players out there who plays different builds and have the same right to complete content without the need of changing their game style if they already are good at what they do. I don’t care if the fight lasts 3 hours as long as it can be done.

It can be done, Wethospu just gave you an example of 10 minutes fight with 3 ranged players and a hybrid guardian. And that was a pug, probably 4 firsttimers. Simin encounter doesn’t have severe requirements for dps, it has requirements for using what you should have learnt in other dungeons to its fullest.

Seren.6850

I will say again I did few days ago for first time with 2 healing shout warriors (we did use our greatswords) 2 support ele’s and a dagger dagger thief.

we had one ele on tears, the other ele was giving us might, we used for great justice , on my mark and strength and crit banners to maximise our party dps, this was doable but I dont think you’d want to get much lower on DPS than what we had.

We also didnt reset her with 4 sparks in. If you did that and took 3 zerker warriors etc you would destroy this boss so easy.

Posted by: Areth Belthazor.2369

Areth Belthazor.2369

Got to say, hardest path ever, but best Guild wars 2 moment for me!

Did it for the first time today, with a full guild party.
Took us about 7 hours to do the dungeon (once again, first timers) but it was such a rewarding feeling when we finished it!

Dwayna was the reason it took so long, but it was completely worth it!

Party setup:
Condition/toughness ranger (me)
Condition damage thief,
2 beserker ele’s.
Hybrid warrior.

How we did it:
Thief scorpionwired her into one of the walls, and the ele’s and warriors would stay on her constantly. Before we began we stacked up about 200 of the dwayna’s tears at this location.

Me and the Thief also dps’d but made sure we would stay out of aggro as much as possible. We kept watching the health bar closely and me and the thief would take the sparks into the positions (I would take the 3 near the entrance, he would take the 2 at the end).
To be completely fair, we first tried it with only one ele, and one necro and didn’t manage to get her down enough (seemed we lacked DPS). The necro sadly had to go and the ele replaced her, in the end we got her in a few tries and killed her in about 35 minutes.

And believe me, when we killed her we had a glorious moment :p
It is hard, but it is do-able, and completely worth it.

I find that there should be paths like this, paths that are a REAL challenge, that require teamwork, and require patience.
Only thing that saddens me is that even after 7 hours, you’re lucky to walk away with a single gold from the whole dungeon.

Koga.7215

Took us about 7 hours to do the dungeon (once again, first timers) but it was such a rewarding feeling when we finished it!

Party setup:
Condition damage thief,
2 beserker ele’s.
Hybrid warrior.

How we did it:
Thief scorpionwired her into one of the walls, and the ele’s and warriors would stay on her constantly. Before we began we stacked up about 200 of the dwayna’s tears at this location.

Me and the Thief also dps’d but made sure we would stay out of aggro as much as possible. We kept watching the health bar closely and me and the thief would take the sparks into the positions (I would take the 3 near the entrance, he would take the 2 at the end).
To be completely fair, we first tried it with only one ele, and one necro and didn’t manage to get her down enough (seemed we lacked DPS). The necro sadly had to go and the ele replaced her, in the end we got her in a few tries and killed her in about 35 minutes.

I find that there should be paths like this, paths that are a REAL challenge, that require teamwork, and require patience.
Only thing that saddens me is that even after 7 hours, you’re lucky to walk away with a single gold from the whole dungeon.

while I agree about challenge and difficulty there is a difference between that and buggy mechanics that make i a stupid challenge. the idea and concept of the fight are easy, but even with great execution of the correct plan it may not work. Hopefully it will be fixed next patch to where it is hard, but not to the point that most will only ever do it once for DungMaster title and never go back.

Posted by: Sevenaito.5263

Sevenaito.5263

Posting my first comment on these forums because this really is an issue. Just spent 5 hours in this dungeon and 2-3 attempting Dwayna only to have to quit cause it was 1:30 am and my friends had to work in the morning ( one was so angry he was considering quitting the game over it…). Please fix the spark mechanics/bugs/glitches…

Posted by: Areth Belthazor.2369

Areth Belthazor.2369

Party setup:
Condition damage thief,
2 beserker ele’s.
Hybrid warrior.

How we did it:

while I agree about challenge and difficulty there is a difference between that and buggy mechanics that make i a stupid challenge. the idea and concept of the fight are easy, but even with great execution of the correct plan it may not work. Hopefully it will be fixed next patch to where it is hard, but not to the point that most will only ever do it once for DungMaster title and never go back.

I might have missed earlier posts of you, but could you elaborate on the bugs? I agree that the sparks weren’t always as easy to get in, but that was indeed really annoying. For the rest I didn’t really see bugs.

haviz.1340

I might have missed earlier posts of you, but could you elaborate on the bugs? I agree that the sparks weren’t always as easy to get in, but that was indeed really annoying. For the rest I didn’t really see bugs.

Bugs = it’s too hard. Though there are bugs that most people would love to know how to use (bugging simin).

Posted by: strider.3570

strider.3570

Just spent another 4 hours wasting my night trying to smash my face against this ridiculous fight. When the sparks aren’t bugging out, or the tears aren’t bugging out, we need to use the 4:1 to make any real progress on this fight. We steamrolled through Giganticus Lupicus, and have the build setup to adapt to near anything on the fly, so my mind is officially blown as to how this fight is this difficult. I’m not attempting it again until it’s fixed, which can be easily done in so many ways while leaving it a very challenging fight.