Arah dungeon- seers path is impossible to finish.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Uhm, not really impossible, just finished it last night for my dungeon master title. And guess what! No warriors in the group.

Guardian, Elementalist, 2x Thief, Mesmer (Only me and the Elementalist knew each other). It was a blast.. felt great to finish it (first time actually attempting path 4) Please don’t nerf the encounter… it’s not NEARLY impossible!

EDIT: I should add the entire run only took about 4 hours (I was floored by the fact some people are in here for 8 ). Also, we did not do the 4-1 method over and over again like some suggest, it’s a bad idea. We did open up with the 4-1, then just transitioned into having people properly kite sparks into their location. Spark behavior wasn’t THAT tough to deal with, just had to make sure people were standing OUT of the way.

Seeing as I run 1400 healing power, I worked tear duty and North 3 sparks (again, my first time here) and put sparks in their respective places pretty flawlessly. Took us 4 stealth/heal phases to get her down.

Attachments:

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

(edited by George Steel.1804)

Posted by: Areth Belthazor.2369

Areth Belthazor.2369

I’d defenitely advice putting 3 persons on the Boss constantly. 2 persons running sparks, and let one of these 2 be the main tear thrower. Now and then someone else will have to throw a tear if that person is running sparks, but that shouldn’t be much of an issue i’d say.
The sparks aren’t really ‘bugged’ in my opinion, you just seriously need to guide them in their spot.
If you let 2 people do that, so one takes 3, the other takes 2, it should work out. Ofcourse, somethimes it will go faster than other times, that in my eyes has to do with luck somethimes, but you should be able to get through it.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I tried this for the first time with a guild group today, people who have finished several of the other paths so we weren’t Arah noobs. The dungeon up to Simin went quite smoothly and quickly, but we ended up having to give up on this fight after 2 hours due to dinner and a guild event.

Now admittedly we were low on dps as we had 3 necros, a warrior and elementalist (I ended up being quite surprised at the amount of dps we ended up pulling out, hurray for vulnerability) and didn’t stack guardians nor had a mesmer, but I truly think we could have done this if it weren’t for the utter stupidness of the sparks. We had zero room for error.. yet got to watch the sparks randomly head off to someone else not trying to lead them in or dance around the spot we were trying to get them into.

I also think it would be nice to nerf Simin’s regen just a tad to be more forgiving for those groups that aren’t composed of warriors, guardians and mesmers. ANet advertised that there was no holy trinity and that any setup could complete dungeons.. and from what I’ve seen this has been true (ofc certain setups make things more of a faceroll), but not in this fight due to the stupidness of the sparks and dps needed.

Eagerly awaiting the patch as no way I’ll try this again until then.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Sparks aggro to closest target (I can’t remember any other behaviour from 10+ runs).

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

I tried this for the first time with a guild group today, people who have finished several of the other paths so we weren’t Arah noobs. The dungeon up to Simin went quite smoothly and quickly, but we ended up having to give up on this fight after 2 hours due to dinner and a guild event.

Now admittedly we were low on dps as we had 3 necros, a warrior and elementalist (I ended up being quite surprised at the amount of dps we ended up pulling out, hurray for vulnerability) and didn’t stack guardians nor had a mesmer, but I truly think we could have done this if it weren’t for the utter stupidness of the sparks. We had zero room for error.. yet got to watch the sparks randomly head off to someone else not trying to lead them in or dance around the spot we were trying to get them into.

I also think it would be nice to nerf Simin’s regen just a tad to be more forgiving for those groups that aren’t composed of warriors, guardians and mesmers. ANet advertised that there was no holy trinity and that any setup could complete dungeons.. and from what I’ve seen this has been true (ofc certain setups make things more of a faceroll), but not in this fight due to the stupidness of the sparks and dps needed.

Eagerly awaiting the patch as no way I’ll try this again until then.

As my post above shows, we completed it with 0 warriors, one guardian (with 1400 healing power and 4% crit chance), and 1 mesmer. No attempt at a cheese kill, we killed Simin after four phases of stealth/heal (got her lower and lower each time). Get people out of the spark kiting path; I had absolutely no trouble kiting North 3 into locations (and it was my first time there).

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Fallon.2347

Fallon.2347

I really wish I would have read this BEFORE I spent over 5 hours doing this path. Only to get to the end and we cannot kill the last boss because the NPC is bugged.

Simin is ridiculous. Try testing it with lower end DPS classes. I bet you won’t get her down. It’s not designed to allow every type of group make up to kill her. Which to me, is bias and will keep people from inviting certain classes. Even, only allow 1 lower end dps class in their group.

In any event, I hope the Randall NPC is fixed in January 28th patch. I will run this path AGAIN for DM title. Hopefully all goes well.

Edit: Players that are still looking for a group to complete this path, please read this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-path-4-Need-for-Dungeon-Master/first#post1252610

Escape From L A [EfLA]
Guild Leader
Maguuma – Yak’s Bend

(edited by Fallon.2347)

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

I’ve estimated Simin’s regeneration to be around 0.85 – 0.90% HP per second. Which means that Simin will regenarate just a little over 50% HP in a minute.

Based on this and other tips given in the forum, I’ve rolled a Simin calculator: http://simin.cu.cc/

Feedback welcome