Arah is awesome

Arah is awesome

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Cataclysm.9135

Cataclysm.9135

Just completed path 4 in a pug group. No one had been there before, so we had to work it out. Took a few hours, but best time I’ve had in this game. Amazing how people react when things get hard. Its how makeshift groups react under pressure that keeps me interested in mmorpg. Sadly most challenges are instanced and scripted these days and require no interaction, unlike old school open dungeons where anything can happen. The greatest reward in these games, like in the fantasy novels you read, is a group of misfits coming together to “eventually” hit their target, despite their differences. Rewards are only such if you feel you have earnt it. Hope the game developers remember that, because the artists have truely done a great job!

Ariel aurora

Arah is awesome

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

Just completed path 4 in a pug group. No one had been there before, so we had to work it out. Took a few hours, but best time I’ve had in this game. Amazing how people react when things get hard. Its how makeshift groups react under pressure that keeps me interested in mmorpg. Sadly most challenges are instanced and scripted these days and require no interaction, unlike old school open dungeons where anything can happen. The greatest reward in these games, like in the fantasy novels you read, is a group of misfits coming together to “eventually” hit their target, despite their differences. Rewards are only such if you feel you have earnt it. Hope the game developers remember that, because the artists have truely done a great job!

Ariel aurora

Heya Ariel!
they speak the truth

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Arah is awesome

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

Good that there are still people who, like me, love challanges and do dungeons not only for drops/ rewards but mostly for the thrill and a feeling of accomplishment;)

Arah is awesome

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I enjoy Arah, I just wish it gave more tokens. Spending an hour or more on a path to get 60 tokens when I could just bum rush CoF path 1 in 10 minutes for the same amount is kind of a slap in the face.

Anet make Rev great again.

Arah is awesome

Lutharr.1035

I enjoy Arah, I just wish it gave more tokens. Spending an hour or more on a path to get 60 tokens when I could just bum rush CoF path 1 in 10 minutes for the same amount is kind of a slap in the face.

I agree with this, but. Arah path 1 and 2 are the most fun Ive had in a dungeon. EVER. And it looks AMAZING. If id not lost my card id have dropped 100quid on gems just as a thanks for this EPIC place. I was blown away with AC but this, this is another level.

Anet I tip my hat to you.

Arah is awesome

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I had so much fun in my Arah run. Keen to do it again. Are all the other paths as inventive and challenging (Apart from Simin) as P4?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Arah is awesome

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Length =/= Challenge

And yes other paths are as inventive as P4, I’d say some are even more inventive (P1).

Arah is awesome

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

As i said in another forum – Arah eats all the MMO dungeons i have been in.
I prefer doing p2 for 2+ hours with pug group in Arah than the daily FoTM/AC/HoTW/CoF runs. Arah is hard, but fun, and as the OP wrote – the reward is sweetest when you feel you earn it. If there wasnt so many exploits and boss farmings, wearing any piece of Arah armor would be mark of prestige and achievement.

Arah is awesome

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

As i said in another forum – Arah eats all the MMO dungeons i have been in.
I prefer doing p2 for 2+ hours with pug group in Arah than the daily FoTM/AC/HoTW/CoF runs. Arah is hard, but fun, and as the OP wrote – the reward is sweetest when you feel you earn it. If there wasnt so many exploits and boss farmings, wearing any piece of Arah armor would be mark of prestige and achievement.

Very enjoyable dungeon and lupi is one of the best bosses imo. I agree 100% on the farming part, it has lost any value prestige wise when you know about the pre 60 token patch and the recent path 3 two boss farmings.

Arah is awesome

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

I hated Orr up until Arah. The artwork is amazing.

Arah is awesome

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Arah is my favorite dungeon too, it’s so huge and full of details, really feels like you’re exploring what’s left of a city after a cataclysm.

And it has some of the best bosses in the game (Lupicus and Alphard)

Attachments:

(edited by Krag.6210)

Arah is awesome

Lutharr.1035

true to my word. Found me card. Ive now 12000 gems lol