Arah is why I am a casual player.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

I have a Sylvari Necromancer. And because I have a staff using Sylvari Necromancer, I want her to be the prettiest princess of all of Tyria. This means that for her staff, I really should work towards the Bifrost. It’s awesome.

But then I started (trying) to run the Arah explore paths for my 500 Zaithan tokens that I’ll need to craft. Know what? That Dungeon is NOT FUN. I try to stay interested, but it’s just not happening. Why? Because fighting the same class of enemies I’ve pretty much been neck deep in since level 60, who are exceedingly hard in my experience compared to the enemies in the other dungeons. The bosses (when not bugged) are fights of attrition, and the Dungeon paths are too long compared to the rewards.

Yes, YMMV and all that. I get that you want Arah to be the super hard dungeon. So.. why have Legendary components linked to it? Or, if you want Legendary components to be linked to it, why not make ALL legendary weapons require the 500 Zaithan shards?

I’m soo tired of this dungeon. Most runs I’ve done on this dungeon fail due to either player /ragequit or whatever bug of the week. (Did they fix the immortal priestess?) I have 72 Shards. Whee!

Superfrick.1536

TL/DR Arah being a terrible experience is why I have immensely cut back on my GW2 playtime.

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I really want to work for Bifrost, but the Arah dungeon is discouraging me. I tried it once before; got half-way through, not even up to a single boss before my teammates quit on me. I am always hearing how insanely hard it is. I hope they do something to make it easier, I hear so much bad stuff about it.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

what is arah ??? is a dungeon ?? try AC mate, they are easyer.

Posted by: Lucas.6792

Lucas.6792

Hey,
First I will say, yes, Arah is not an easy dungeon. As the guy above me has said, others ar easier, but of course he didn’t get the point – you need 500 tokens from arah for your legendary.

With that said, what you really need is this: a static group. Find yourself four other players, your best bet is to go warrior/guardian heavy with a thief for cloaking. I would say next best is, of course, having a mesmer in the group for time warp and portal drop etc.

The good thing? You can get your tokens in eight successful runs. The bad thing, if you pug it you’ll end up spending hours frustrated and grumpy.

Also good to have a voice server to talk on so you can communicate in fights.

Best of luck!

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Unless something bugs, Arah’s quite easy.
Path 3 is a joke.
Path 2 is also easy but takes longer.
If you want to farm tokens then you ignore path 1 and 4.

So that’s guaranteed 60+ tokens a day since P3 is kitten don’t see the problem…unless something actually bugs like for me in Path 1, last boss after 2.5 hours and the door before him bugs and doesn’t open.

They shouldn’t make it easier, it’s not too hard – it’s perfect atm. Just fix the bugs and dodgy sparks at dwayna etc. I got my gift of zhaitan with pugs also, I feel the Arah dungeon really compansates the lack of lodestones (bifrost) :p

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Take a look at all the things you are going to need for a legendary.

500 tokens, no matter how ‘unfun’ the dungeon is, will be your smallest concern.

Superfrick.1536

Take a look at all the things you are going to need for a legendary.

500 tokens, no matter how ‘unfun’ the dungeon is, will be your smallest concern.

I used to think that. But I’ve sank a crazy number of hours into this Dungeon with one actual completion. 500 tokens may as well be 5000 tokens at this rate. At this point I’m just not as interested in the game as I used to be, because of the grind/fail/repeat.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

just run path 3 it’s an absolute minimum of 60 tokens per day, more if you get the bags or run it later on with a different character.

path 3 is incredibly easy all you need to know is how to handle lupus.

Superfrick.1536

just run path 3 it’s an absolute minimum of 60 tokens per day, more if you get the bags or run it later on with a different character.

Sure. And, how do you handle lupus exactly? Because I just spent another 3 hours in Arah and most of it was on Lupus until leader ragequit which reset the dungeon.

We: Stacked for phase 1. Only used ranged. No pets. At all.
Then: We ran like hell during Phase 2, doing damage occasionally until eventually we’d get picked off one by one from dodging out of a cicrle into another one, or not seeing when you’re getting ambushed etc.

Seriously. People. If Arah is SO EASY, why don’t you run me through it? Name the time and I’m there. Name your price. I can stomp ANY other dungeon with NO problem.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Yes and take me with you while you’re at it. I need the tokens as well, finding a party for explore is murder.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Well, if you are willing to pay a sum of gold for a run I am sure I can help you out there.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

that akward moment when players who don’t need arah tokens have completed it more times then you. dungeon masters and such

P.S. still enjoying it. and any other dungeon.

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Sure. And, how do you handle lupus exactly? Because I just spent another 3 hours in Arah and most of it was on Lupus until leader ragequit which reset the dungeon.

We: Stacked for phase 1. Only used ranged. No pets. At all.
Then: We ran like hell during Phase 2, doing damage occasionally until eventually we’d get picked off one by one from dodging out of a cicrle into another one, or not seeing when you’re getting ambushed etc.

Seriously. People. If Arah is SO EASY, why don’t you run me through it? Name the time and I’m there. Name your price. I can stomp ANY other dungeon with NO problem.

Arah is easy.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Arah is my favorite. I have earned over 4k tokens and still run it for fun. Needless to say I am very tired of elitists since there are plenty in Arah.

I often post for arah noobs only on gw2lfg.com. I’d be more than happy to run it with whoever if they are serious about doing it, have full exotic set + a ranged weapon, have some dungeon experience, and will follow directions. I run this 1-2 times a day at around 7pm or 12am est. If you are on a NA server pm in game and I’ll take you if I do a run and need people. I will only do path 3. Please don’t even ask me to do 4 again…..

(edited by obal.3218)

Posted by: CelestialWyrm.8572

CelestialWyrm.8572

I just spent 7 hours on path 4 because I’m stubborn and I wanted my title.

And then I immediately went and did path 2.

Having experienced every dungeon path, Arah is definitely a step up from the kiddy dungeons like AC. Not very pug friendly, and if you don’t have at least 1 person who knows what to do, you are gonna spend a LONG time to complete it.

I’m sorry you seem to be having trouble with bugs and such. As others have recommended, just do path 3 daily. It’s easiest and assuming no bugs shouldn’t take you more than an hour with a decent group.

Imperial Coalition [ICoa]
Blackgate

Posted by: Tenacity.3754

Tenacity.3754

u should do p3 only / day or 1-2 is fine , just dont do p4 i spent 14 total hours with 2 run path 4 ( great party ) and end up at simin forever, lupi isnt too hard if u have fight him . u will know what his next move and how to counter, just in case if he use the skill @phase 2 , get closer to him

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

First off, If you are going for a legendary, you are not a casual player.

Secondly, I really enjoyed my Arah runs for Dungeon Master. This game lacks things that are actually hard, or that have inventive mechanisms. Example: The Destroyer in CoE is a really cool concept… but it’s not actually hard because you can just WP zerg it and it poses zero threat apart from if you mess up. So everyone hates it. Then there’s the huge number of bosses that are just damage sponges: absoloutely no thought put into them. Feels like they just took a standard creep, upped it’s health to kitten levels, then went onto the next encounter. There are a few gems here and there that have both, and Arah seems to have the highest concentration of them. We needed a lot of teamwork and personal skill to get through it. I’m sure by now pugs have found a way to skip or glitch/exploit everything, but we were running with a bunch of people who had barely touched Arah so we had to figure it out for ourselves. This challenge is what makes games fun for me.

Simin still ridiculous though.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I’ll speak to my DM group about it.

Arah is easy.

Don’t be a dick, Simin is still ball-gratingly annoying.

I was referring more to his post about not being able to do Lupicus.

Lupicus is easy* there you go.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Pangie.3217

Pangie.3217

You’re getting The Bifrost on a necro? That’s cool, didn’t think a necro would want The Bifrost.

To be honest, in my humble opinion, The Bifrost is one of the easier legendaries to get. I say that because I have a friend who originally started to go for the Twilight or The Flameseekers Prophecies and needed onyx lodestones. He would constantly run TA and farm earth elementals but would never get any so he broke down and bought it all. But then he decided he wanted the hammer so he sold all the onyx and bought all the molten lodestones. -.-

So getting 250 dyes and 100 opal orbs wasn’t so bad compared to what he went through. Although putting 250 dyes in to get the gift of color was kinda hard because I like to open dyes but it wasn’t so bad because I get dye drops a lot of the time I play. So I always figured that running a harder dungeon kinda balanced out not needing any lodestones.

I have a group of friends that I play with consisting of my husband and a few people that I played with on other games. I’ve always heard of how hard Arah exp was and how long it took so I didn’t want to put my friends through that. Finding a team always took a while even with using the gw2lfg website since most of the time they ask for experienced runners. When I did get a group, it took too long and we never finished. I really thought that was the end of my legendary journey. However, my friends said of course they’ll help me. So we ran path 3 and we finished it and I was so happy and so amazed at how easier it seemed with this group than with the pugs I had. We ran path 3 every night for a week and I had my tokens. So with the right team you can have your tokens too. Although that is easier said than done.

If you really do not wish to put yourself through further runs of Arah, then hold off on your legendary. I read a while back that they were going to revamp dungeons, although they didn’t say how. Also, there’s those talks of new legendaries coming out. Maybe the new staff won’t need Arah. ^.^

Superfrick.1536

First off, If you are going for a legendary, you are not a casual player.

Hooray Semmantics. By casual I mean my playtime has dropped from 30-40 hours a week to 9-12.

Pretty much I log in, find an Arah group then log out when they /ragequit. And yes, this is all PUG. I don’t have a guild/friends willing to do Dungeons.

Superfrick.1536

You’re getting The Bifrost on a necro? That’s cool, didn’t think a necro would want The Bifrost.

It is pretty! It sparkes and has rainbows! It would only be better if it shot Unicorns! (any interpetation of that sentance is fine by me)

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

If you think of yourself as a competent player then just start adding people from Arah runs that you feel are on an equal level.

Eventually you will have enough people to get a good team together, or even better, one of these people might have a guild or circle of friends that can do the dungeon flawlessly and lets you tag along.

GW2 really sucks if you don’t build up a network of friends.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Fruchiseka.6438

Fruchiseka.6438

If you are EU server, I will more than gladly be a patient teacher, as some others have posted, I run Arah daily for fun (Full set, weapons +4k tokens), have spent effort and a lot of time learning everything about this dungeon. I guide a lot of pugs through this as I find people only taking ’exp ’ players is stupid.

Have a small guild which people do not have to represent, but to use as a ‘contact centre’ for ppl mainly experienced or very eager for Arah

Anyone who wants this dungeon badly, just throw me a PM

Ingame name: Katsuya Jou.

My only request is not to PM me if you don’t read and listen. I have a lot of patience but no tolerance for people who ignore instruction, happy PM-ing!