Arah p2 Question...

Arah p2 Question...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tyjaan.2451

Tyjaan.2451

After a few months of not playing gw2, a friend and I decided to 2 man arah p2…we got all the way to Alphard and ended up getting one shotted by some attack. Im assuming this is a new attack, which is fine but when we respawned and came back, the wall is still up and it seems like there is no way to get through. Is this a bug or are we sol and have to restart the dungeon since we cant seem to get over wall and fight him?

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

The 1 shot attack wasn’t a bug. He uses an attack similar to kholer’s whirl and pull. However if the walls were still up and both of you were outside that is a glitch.

Arah p2 Question...

Tyjaan.2451

Oh wow, that sucks…that was all a waste of time lol. Thanks for the info.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You can fix it by remaining dead for a while. She needs to get out of combat for the walls to go away.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

As with any npc bugs try wiping once(for example on the mobs from waypoint to alphard. Then try going at the start waypoint and then go back to rotten armada. Should work. If not, repeat.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

If Alphard’s bone wall won’t go down, try relogging (both of you). It always seems to fix this issue.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Have your entire party wipe again and the bone wall will disappear.

Arenanet might fix this glitch one day, but probably not tbh.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Miku, do you have a Alphard warrior solo somewhere? I’m having a difficult time soloing her on my warrior, and I learned a lot from your Lupi solos when I was practicing on him.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Fastforward to 30:00 in this video: http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/4036346

That’s generally how my Alphard kills go. I don’t kill her before the barriers are destroyed and I came close to it once before, but sometimes you just get unlucky and the clones appear RIGHT when she starts daggerstorm.

I suggest you practice over and over again, and without ever using any nourishment other than lifesteal on crit foods. Every time when she’s about to approach you when you’re waiting for her to stop her daggerstorm, begin with 100b and perform a WWA— she’ll most of the time begin with a pull but sometimes she won’t. ALWAYS be ready to dodge, but try your best never to waste them.

When the clones appear, keep your eye on her character. Sometimes it’s hard to because of all the bloom/particle explosions from all the gunshots but if you camp GS as much as possible, when she + all the clones come around the corner you can take them all out with a single WWA. Even if she decides to do a pull at that time, the evasion from WWA should save you.

Keep in mind that since April 15th, they’ve managed to kitten her up again. I’ve had a few different glitches with her that never used to happen pre feature patch:
1) her daggerstorms go through walls (fixed it when I crashed instance and completely redid P2 from scratch, such bull kitten).
2) she randomly will reset to full HP sometimes MID COMBAT. I have no idea how to avoid this; I just ragequit when it happens.

EDIT: here is another kill I saved of her closer to 3 months ago back when I could barely kill her. http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3768848

If you want to see some really well-done kills of this boss, search “Luca rT” on yt; he’s a heck of a lot better at it than I am >.<

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Arah p2 Question...

Tyjaan.2451

We ended up just doing it again lol. But if it ever happens again we will be sure to try all those.
I do have another question tho. When we got to the end boss, Brie, we would get her low on health, roughly 25% left and then she would teleport us to another part of the map. Ive nvr had this happen be4 and was curious why she kept doing this to us…we ended up just inviting a few friends and just beat her normally since the whole teleporting thing was getting rly annoying.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

We ended up just doing it again lol. But if it ever happens again we will be sure to try all those.
I do have another question tho. When we got to the end boss, Brie, we would get her low on health, roughly 25% left and then she would teleport us to another part of the map. Ive nvr had this happen be4 and was curious why she kept doing this to us…we ended up just inviting a few friends and just beat her normally since the whole teleporting thing was getting rly annoying.

The mobs that spawn behind her killed the console before you killed her. If the console dies, you get ported back to the middle of the run after Alphard. So, either kill the adds, or have one person kite them while the other person finishes Brie.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Miku, have I told you that it’s just disgusting how good you are?

Arah p2 Question...

Tyjaan.2451

The mobs that spawn behind her killed the console before you killed her. If the console dies, you get ported back to the middle of the run after Alphard. So, either kill the adds, or have one person kite them while the other person finishes Brie.

I thought that that might be the case so I stayed to defend the console while my friend tried to take down brie and it still teleported us. I guess some must have gotten behind me somehow and hit the console then.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

I thought that that might be the case so I stayed to defend the console while my friend tried to take down brie and it still teleported us. I guess some must have gotten behind me somehow and hit the console then.

The console can take a few hits before going down, so this seems strange. Afaik it is the only way to get teleported back, though, so that must have been it.

Arah p2 Question...

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Dead-Eye’s shots pierce ! Do not stay in front of the console !

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch