Arah p4 solo thief

Arah p4 solo thief

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nik Perumov.5694

Nik Perumov.5694

Hello, folks! I’m very excited to say, that I’ve just finished arah p4 solo as a thief! There are plenty of videos on youtube showing how people can solo p4 as a warrior or guard, but I couldn’t find any with a thief, so I decided to find out if it is a possible task for my favourite class. I’d like to mention, that it wasn’t my first time soloing arah. Previously I completed p2 and p3 many times, as some other thieves did. By the way I would be happy to know if anyone else tried/completed p4 solo as a thief. The whole final run took me about 4 hours plus I spent twice as much to find out strategies for all the enemies the day before. I’ve lost a count of how many times I died, but roughly it should be somewhere around 50 xD. You will be very surprised to know what was the hardest part of my run – elite mobs! I mean this 4 Elite Risens standing together before the Grenth and Bloodstone, especially Elite Risen Illusionist – that was the real pain in my kitten … It was pretty hard to find out good strategies to kill bosses, but when you find one you kill the boss from the first pull. I don’t want to pay attention on builds and strategies for each boss, but if anybody interests please ask, and I will be happy to give you some tips. However, as for me that’s the most interesting part in soloing dungeons – finding builds, mechanics and strategies. Despite all the pain and wipes, I’m very happy that I completed this run and hopefully increased my skill :-).
In the second part I’d like to say some words about soloing dungeons in general. I find it very interesting, exciting and challenging to solo the content designed for a party of 5 players, but unfortunatelly not every dungeon can be done solo. I fully acknowledge that dungeons are not initially intended to do solo, but why not? Many people would like to see more really hard content for experienced players in this game. At the moment only fighting with Liadri the Concealing Dark can be compared with soloing Lupicus and called “hard contend”. The lack of hardcore content made soloing dungeons so popular for elite pve players and I think it can be used as a base. But there is one thing, which disappoints me the most. Why playing hardcore content is not appropriate rewarded? Why do you recieve the same reward when you play solo and when you are in a party? I remember Guild Wars 1, where it was profitable to play with not full party or even solo: solo UW farming, solo green farming, raptor farming and many more. When you went solo to UW you recieved the drop like whole party of 8 people did and that was really rewarding. Here in Guild Wars 2 there is no point in doing dungeon solo, unless you sell them. For example, if you recieved not just 3 gold and 60 tokens for completing solo arah p2, but 3 × 5 = 15 gold and 60 × 5 = 300 tokens, that would be really rewarding and awesome. If it was so there would be no more point in selling dungeons, which is honestly speaking killing the pve. Also it would widen possibility of farm. Compared to Guild Wars 1 here is just too few ways of farming, which is an essential part of any mmorpg. That’s just my suggestion, feel free to comment and criticise and good luck in soloing dungeons!

Attachments:

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

No, you didn’t.

Sparks dont run themselves.

silvia.9130

You weren’t into p4 in the last 4-5 months

No one is impressed by exploited solos.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

(edited by Tree.3916)

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

No, you didn’t.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

So you seriously want to tell us that you did Dwayna legit solo?

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

No, you didn’t.

Pretty sure he knows about how the bosses in that path are bugged most commonly.

Simin can be “solod” provided you have someone helping lure sparks, at least I know this for certain with warrior seeing as that’s how I always do Simin when I solo P4.

I’ve tried it on an ele a few times, but you have to sacrifice a pretty significant DPS loss by traiting 4 in earth for stability. Armor of Earth simply doesn’t cut it because of the long cooldown, even including Obsidian Flesh. In the end I simply wasn’t able to get it done on an ele because of the really awful RNG with the aoes which basically 2-shot an ele from full hp.

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Simin can be solo’d by standing behind a rock and going AFK. Not really impressive, honestly probably the opposite.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Arah p4 solo thief

Purple Miku.7032

I was referring to a non-bugged kill though :|

@OP
Either way assuming the best that you didn’t exploit the bosses and had someone come to help for Simin, good job.

If not, people are going to be bitter about you declaring it as a full solo if it wasn’t. It would’ve been a good idea to either include “without simin” in the title or explain what you did for her somewhere.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

He’s clearly just the best arah thief, you nebs should buy lessons from him

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Just wish there was a vid

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

They don’t give you a bigger reward because they want to promote teamwork between the players.

Arah p4 solo thief

Nik Perumov.5694

I spent few hours trying solo legit Dwayna, but I gave up. I just don’t have enough dps to kill her alone even in full ascended berserker gear. That’s the only problem with her. So yes, you need either to use bug or another player to help you. And I doubt even warrior can do it legit solo, at least I didn’t find any videos showing that, but who knows, warriors should have better dps. All the other bosses where killed normal solo without any help or exploits.

They don’t give you a bigger reward because they want to promote teamwork between the players.

The thing is, many experienced players, who play from the release, who did their dungeon master 1,5 years ago and who completed dungeons hundreds of times have no point in going there again. But there could be one reason to return to dungeons: money. I can run solo arah p3 in like 40 min and earn 20 gold selling it. Can I earn something like this in any other dungeon with full party? – No. Teamwork is a good thing, but I’d like I could do dungeon duo with my friend and earn 2,5 x reward. 2 people is also a team. Not everybody can do solo any dungeon anyway, but most likely can duo or trio. Soloing is always more profitable than teamwork, but currently this profit can only be obtained by selling dungeons, which I don’t like even being a seller. Soloing already exists, but my suggestion is just to make this activity more “legit” without selling dungeons.

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Inb4 two people kick everyone at endboss to get more rewards for themselves…

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Arah p4 solo thief

Purple Miku.7032

This is basically as close as a legit solo for it as you’re gonna find. I tried everything I could think of but what it completely boils down to is the sparks luring. That’s the only thing that I’m held back from.

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: ticktickboom.9513

ticktickboom.9513

Hey nik.
First of all: congrats for solo’ing arah p4! It’s one of the hardest challenge in GW2, if done legit, so I guess it deserves a thumb up. I decided to try it too and made a video alongside to additionally underline your topic. So here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjkNEYU3-7I
(no boss-bugging or safe-spotting | Lupicus off wall)

You might also find some useful tactics for the elite mobs since they are your biggest problem, as you said. E.g. you dont have to deal with the pack of elites in Grenth’s room. For the Elite Risen Illusionist you want to use S/P #3 and #4 for interrupts, your Thieves Guild and a lot of LOS.

Considering your solo-rewarding-concept I have to say that I really like the idea behind it. The endgame PvE content in GW2 are solo’s because everything else is too easy because of all the berserker-stacking. Getting the reward of the whole group is pretty tempting plus you dont have to deal with trolls while trying to sell.
The problem I see with this is: Glitcher’s are rewarded equally to legit’s without having the opportunity to report or kick them which makes glitching more profitable without any consequences.

Anyways, keep it up and i’m looking forward to your videos.

Arah p4 solo thief

Purple Miku.7032

ticktickboom your video is the one that should be the thread, rather than OP’s screenshot haha. A lot of people, myself included, get a little sour when exploiters refer to what they’re doing as a solo/duo or whatever because they are cheating.

However I guess since OP never decided not to reply and clarify what they did for Simin we may never know. I wonder if they used Joey’s tactic for the gorillas at melandru too or if they came up with another solution.

Arah p4 solo thief

Nik Perumov.5694

Thanks a lot for the video, ticktickboom! The thing is, I didn’t expect to complete this run, or even if I did, nobody would like to see 8 hours of rough gameplay video with over 9000 wipes. I really doubt I will ever go solo p4 again, because it’s not really reasonable for sale. LOS is really extremely useful against Elite Risen Illusionist, but unfortunately I found it out at the very end of my run. :-)
I used the same tactics with Melandru as on the video, and as I said before I din’t kill Dwayna legit solo. By the way I found, that using skill 2 on bow makes killing Lyssa’s illusions much safer than with S/P. It was nice too see how you kill Lupicus off wall, because it’s a great difference. I used to kill him the same way, but this is a bit random because his skill, when he is bombarding big area in front of him is too buggy and can hit you even when you are outside of red circle. I think you may find my tactics for phase 2 Lupicus a bit interesting. When he uses his aoe skill, I always use Withdraw or Roll for Initiative to have a big distance. The bigger distance the more time in needed for his projectiles to reach the ground. Then I just make a normal dodge at any safe direction and run to him or use skill 2 on dagger. This allows me to be never hitted by his projectiles. And one more, as for the mobs in Grenth room (exept 4 Elite Risen) I just balled them at the wall and killed with S/P and Blinding Powder.
May be I should really make a video of soloing Arah to have more impressive evidence of completing the run. xD I’ve never made gameplay video by myself, so I would be happy if you could suggest me a good program to make one.
Yes, glitching is problem for solo-rewarding-concept, but some easy solutions can be implemented with or even whithout it. Killing of all bosses should be the must for getting the reward, so at least bosses are not going to be skipped. The solution to what Enaretos.8079 said is to lock the reward at the beggining of the dungeon. So if 5 players enter the dungeon they will get 1/5 of the reward each and even if they kick people they still get 1/5 of the reward. Reward can be decreased if more ppl come, but can’t be increased if people leave or get kicked.

(edited by Nik Perumov.5694)

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

nik, that’s why you edit out the fails and only show what the people want to see… you killing the boss. Tick even did that at a few points (everybody can make mistakes).

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Arah p4 solo thief

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

restart when you die or bust

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Arah p4 solo thief

Purple Miku.7032

restart when you die or bust