Arah path 1 is seriously ridiculous..

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

*This is not a rant about how bad dungeons are designed in this game but just an example of those many bad dungeon designs, however, I still like doing dungeons in this game.
*We’ve completed this dungeon once out of 2 tries.

First try we did succes with a lot of hard work and about 3.5h of playing the dungeon and searching how to do bosses.

Second time we did exactly the same. We knew how to do the bosses and giganticus is pretty easy compared to the other bosses, so also please note that I wont complain about him either in this post.

My problem with this dungeon is that only path 3 is worth doing atm since path 2 is bugged and path 1 and 4 are way too hard.

Path 1:
*First boss: Some sort of Ooze king you gotta kill and bring the item he drops to the jotun. This part is pretty fun to do since the boss its actions are pretty funny and you gotta pay attention to what he’s doing. This boss is probably the easiest of all of the whole path.

From there on you either:
-Kill all monsters which has a decent chance of party wipes.
-Walk past all mobs which got a really high chance of at least 1 party member dieing to run to the next part.

*Second chest fight.
You’ll need to get the mobs into the light with yourself also in there to deal damage to the monsters. While standing in the light you’ll also gain more damage the longer you are in the light. I also like this part.

*Second boss ( third Chest )
You need at least 4 people to stand on the mud-spraying geysers to get the boss out of the ground. You’ll have to do this a few times (about 3 or 4 times total) during the boss fight. You can get stunned for 45 seconds and the boss spawns adds which are lvl 82 mobs dealing 2k-3k damage ranged. Both, the boss and adds, are crubs.
My opinion about this boss: He spawns way too many adds to do the boss without a party wipe. At one time we had to all focus on the adds for about 5 mins to rally people and because there were way too many mobs. It lasted a bit too long for how long the boss amused me. It was rather annoying after a while…

*Third boss
Giganticus, which is probably one of the easiest bosses in the dungeon. You only need to know what to do and need one or two tankers. Third stage is really easy if you have a tanker.

*Fourth Boss.
A giant champion gorilla which got way too much hp and spawns dungeon gorilla monsters and resurrects the dead adds after a while. At around 40% you’ll have 8 or 9 dungeon gorilla’s spamming knock down on you and 4k-5k damage. The boss itself isn’t that hard, however, it is if you need to kite 8 dungeon monsters which are faster than yourself spamming knockdown, which lasts for 5 seconds.
My opinion about this boss: Reduce the hp of the boss and either:
-Make the dungeon mobs normal lvl 82 mobs
-Reduce the dungeon gorilla’s to 3 or 4.
-(We failed at the 2nd run at this boss after doing the dungeon for 2.5 hours. 2.5 hours for nothing..)

*Path to the final boss:
From the champ gorilla to the final boss you’ll have to kill about 10 dungeon spider mobs and TWO champion spider monsters. Whoever thought about this should consider if this doens’t last too long after 2.5hours of killing nothing but trash mobs and a few bosses which can be really annoying…

Final Boss:
You’ll need 4 to 5 people having reflecting crystals. I really like this boss although it might got a bit too much hp. Reduce its hp by 10%-15%. You’ll need at least one elementalist to join the circle of fire, since the fire 1 shoots you and you can’t dodge through. Only mist form gets through the fire without getting damaged.
For those who wonder what to do:
Get reflecting crystals at the spider part and at giganticus and stand around the boss to reflect his projectiles. You need to watch out for the fire getting closer and the aoe the boss drops on a random ally.

Overall the run lasts about 3 to 3.5 hour with a good party. Please note that we all had a lot experience with dungeons and only had 1 guy who was a first timer in arah. We were all 5 full exotic.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Lol the gorilla is stupidly easy you just kite him at the start where no gorillas are and fight him there and he can’t ress any gorillas cause there are no corpses. Last boss is a joke and you want his health reduced? That tar boss isn’t hard either seems you just want everything easy like everyone else you can do this path in 1hr-1hr30mins. Only problem with path 1 is there is a broken waypoint and they need to fix giganticus so he resets properly. You must be doing something terribly wrong if you got a party of friends who are full exotics and cant clear this in less than 2hrs

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Posted by: Kevin.2176

Kevin.2176

This path is long, but its only long compared to how ridiculously short path 3 is. The completion time of this path can be cut down to 1/3 of what you spent in there tho.

You can skip a lot of packs, especially the two champion spiders towards the end.

Posted by: Vesir.1546

Vesir.1546

you know, if you burn the 2nd boss in jotun path it won’t spawn adds (the first shot after he comes out might spawn adds since he needs to be burning before his ‘cast’) it’ll just spawn little lava puddles where the oozes would be.

4th boss you can pull out of the guerrilla area, (personally pulled him out of the area with him only getting 1 guerrilla up that we had to kill again)

last boss you could just have someone stand literally on top of the jotun with a reflecting crystal and it’ll automatically reflect every orb making the fire ring obsolete since it never even gets close (problem with this is that it has bugged out before after we killed him not letting us into the observatory to actually ‘finish’ the dungeon which is frustrating)

BlackDevil.9268

Lol the gorilla is stupidly easy you just kite him at the start where no gorillas are and fight him there and he can’t ress any gorillas cause there are no corpses. Last boss is a joke and you want his health reduced? That tar boss isn’t hard either seems you just want everything easy like everyone else you can do this path in 1hr-1hr30mins. Only problem with path 1 is there is a broken waypoint and they need to fix giganticus so he resets properly. You must be doing something terribly wrong if you got a party of friends who are full exotics and cant clear this in less than 2hrs

Easy when he’s pulling out 8 gorilla’s eventhough we’ve lured him? Believe me, I’m sure the people we play with do actually got more skill in pve and pvp than you do, since you are saying that path is as short as the 3rd path, which is 1h and 20mins to 2h.

Okay, I’ve learned something new with the burn part at the Crub boss. Sure it’s easy then.

Then again @ Kevin: What’s the fun of skipping trash mobs? Better to not have them there anyway if you’re able to skip them…

No I don’t want everything easy. I only want things to be improved to make it fun, not frustrating as it is now for a lot people. I actually do got 3/4 arah without exploiting the arah shard farm.

Kevin.2176

since you are saying that path is as short as the 3rd path, which is 1h and 20mins to 2h.

Then again @ Kevin: What’s the fun of skipping trash mobs? Better to not have them there anyway if you’re able to skip them…

Path 3 can be completed under 20 minutes by the way.

The skipping mobs part is something you should be taking with Anet and their poor leashing mechanic. Its not fun to beat on meat shields that is simply there to inflate dungeon run times. They usually have 1 cliche attack and almost no reward to justify killing them.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

The boss that stuns you is stopped by burning (thats why there is 300 year old whiskey everywhere)

korga is cakemode. Even with 30 gorillas on me I didnt get downed once. it’s a redux of the brangoire fight from TA story. Just kite in a circle for 20 minutes.

The adds between korga and the final boss can be skipped with swiftness and a condition removal.

The final boss is literally
1. pick up crystal
2. stand still directly in front of him
3. when he does lava font animation (hint: ONLY animation besides the auto attack) roll through him and turn around.

No need to do jack kitten about the fire ring.

Jotun path is soloable past lupicus…

BlackDevil.9268

since you are saying that path is as short as the 3rd path, which is 1h and 20mins to 2h.

Path 3 can be completed under 20 minutes by the way.

The skipping mobs part is something you should be taking with Anet and their poor leashing mechanic. Its not fun to beat on meat shields that is simply there to inflate dungeon run times. They usually have 1 cliche attack and almost no reward to justify killing them.

Giganticus only already requires 20mins. How come you can do the whole run within 20mins?

Kevin.2176

Giganticus is about a 4-6 minute fight for us usually.

Here is a video of one of our runs (this one is unfortunately 25 minutes), not our fastest but it gives a good idea what you can do to achieve a sub-20 minute run.

Posted by: Shiri.6728

Shiri.6728

The gorilla boss is really not that bad. We had one wipe because I got confused about the leader’s explanation, but even if he rezzes gorillas, you just have to coordinate so the person with aggro drags him away from them (or vice versa). The boss himself only has a single important attack and it lets you handle his position so provide you take a stunbreaker in case you kitten out, it’s manageable. Only the vast amount of HP is a problem as with most bosses.

BlackDevil.9268

That’s just… Idk
I don’t like the fact that you litterly can skip all trash mobs. I guess I’m still one of those players who actually wants to do the dungeon as it’s supposed to do by killing at least 1/2 of all trash mobs.

Btw you can skip those 3 mobs after giganticus easier by jumping on the stones at the left side. There’s also a small ‘’jumping puzzle’’ between boss 1 and 2 on the left side after you’ve walked the first two rooms so you don’t have to take the risk with the mobs and giant.

You guys all got dps-based build I suppose? Since you guys kill gigaticus really fast. Problem with my party usually is, is that we usually got 1 first timer with us. I always need to explain giganticus to them which also takes a bit time. Also we don’t skip most of the mobs you’ve skipped. I also tank 90% of the time at giganticus as ele with tanker build, which also lowers our dps. We basicly prefer survivability over dps in arah, which is probably the main factor for us to be slow.

BlackDevil.9268

The gorilla boss is really not that bad. We had one wipe because I got confused about the leader’s explanation, but even if he rezzes gorillas, you just have to coordinate so the person with aggro drags him away from them (or vice versa). The boss himself only has a single important attack and it lets you handle his position so provide you take a stunbreaker in case you kitten out, it’s manageable. Only the vast amount of HP is a problem as with most bosses.

I guess it was bugged at us today, since he kept reviving those 8 mobs and kept on spawning more and more, eventhough there were no corpses near him.

RoRo.8270

Easy when he’s pulling out 8 gorilla’s eventhough we’ve lured him? Believe me, I’m sure the people we play with do actually got more skill in pve and pvp than you do, since you are saying that path is as short as the 3rd path, which is 1h and 20mins to 2h.

Okay, I’ve learned something new with the burn part at the Crub boss. Sure it’s easy then.

No I don’t want everything easy. I only want things to be improved to make it fun, not frustrating as it is now for a lot people. I actually do got 3/4 arah without exploiting the arah shard farm.

Lol you keep boasting how good your team is yet you cant handle simple tasks. Show me this so called skill your super team has i’m clearly not seeing it especially when it takes your organized team 3hrs to clear path 1 and 1hr30mins to clear path 3.

Like I said the gorilla boss can pulled to the entrance of the structure he is in where there are no corpses do you even know how his ress works? Clearly not because you said he is still ressing 8 gorillas which means you aren’t doing it the way I stated. There is no point of killing trash mobs they drop nothing interesting people do dungeons for tokens not to get drops once you’ve done a path once theres no point to keep killing the same trash everytime you’ve done it

(edited by RoRo.8270)

BlackDevil.9268

Lol you keep boasting how good your team is yet you cant handle simple tasks. Show me this so called skill your super team has i’m clearly not seeing it especially when it takes your organized team 3hrs to clear path 1 and 1hr30mins to clear path 3.

Like I said the gorilla boss can pulled to the entrance of the structure he is in where there are no corpses do you even know how his ress works? Clearly not because you said he is still ressing 8 gorillas which means you aren’t doing it the way I stated. There is no point of killing trash mobs they drop nothing interesting people do dungeons for tokens not to get drops once you’ve done a path once theres no point to keep killing the same trash everytime you’ve done it

Like I said, he was summoning gorilla’s without any corpses being there.
First time he wasn’t doing that so I suppose it’s BUGGED. Just like your brain. No point running past every single mob if you want to do the dungeon for fun. They should make like 30 gates to stop people from skipping 90% of the dungeon just to gain their armor as fast as possible…
I’m doing dungeons for fun, not to gain armors.

RoRo.8270

First time he wasn’t doing that so I suppose it’s BUGGED. Just like your brain. No point running past every single mob if you want to do the dungeon for fun. They should make like 30 gates to stop people from skipping 90% of the dungeon just to gain their armor as fast as possible…

Not everyones definition of fun=do the same dungeon with the same mob mechanics over 20x

Kevin.2176

That’s just… Idk
I don’t like the fact that you litterly can skip all trash mobs. I guess I’m still one of those players who actually wants to do the dungeon as it’s supposed to do by killing at least 1/2 of all trash mobs.

Btw you can skip those 3 mobs after giganticus easier by jumping on the stones at the left side. There’s also a small ‘’jumping puzzle’’ between boss 1 and 2 on the left side after you’ve walked the first two rooms so you don’t have to take the risk with the mobs and giant.

You guys all got dps-based build I suppose? Since you guys kill gigaticus really fast. Problem with my party usually is, is that we usually got 1 first timer with us. I always need to explain giganticus to them which also takes a bit time. Also we don’t skip most of the mobs you’ve skipped. I also tank 90% of the time at giganticus as ele with tanker build, which also lowers our dps. We basicly prefer survivability over dps in arah, which is probably the main factor for us to be slow.

Sorry for derail.

There is at least something to aim for when doing efficient/faster clears. After you completed everything multiple times the trash gets very stale and tedious, compounded by large amount of health and the lack of rewards, it is simply not worthwhile to do trash after your first few clears (fix that Anet, make skins drop please).

I believe my party is full Berserker, it makes dungeons more fun with this high risk/high reward setup. Thanks for the tips on the jumps, I might check that out after.

BlackDevil.9268

Not everyones definition of fun=do the same dungeon with the same mob mechanics over 20x

Why would I do the dungeon 20x if I’m not going for gears? Sure, if you want the gears at least have some time spend into the dungeon without skipping 90% of the path.

Posted by: Nethelli.4023

Nethelli.4023

What are you talking about? Everyone loves repeating mind-numbing tasks for minimal rewards. You’re just weird.

Guildmaster of Nerd Herd [NERD] (Tarnished Coast)
Nethalia Frostmane [Ranger], Lyzanxia Unsu [Engineer]
Torg Darkmaw [Thief], Zekka The Architect [Elementalist]

Kevin.2176

Why would I do the dungeon 20x if I’m not going for gears? Sure, if you want the gears at least have some time spend into the dungeon without skipping 90% of the path.

I don’t understand why you are trying to enforce your unrealistic version of “fun” on to everyone else. I honestly see no justification to completing all trash besides the whole “you should do it”, “it feels wrong”, or maybe some masochistic version of enjoyment.

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

Just reading some of these responses. Its no wonder people say the boss mechanics are boring. Just reading the Op tells me most people would rather find exploits or ways to bug the boss than try to do them as intended.

Lets take the gorilla boss for example. People are pulling it out of his room to avoid resurrection of his adds. I can not WAIT till the devs put an end to pulling bosses out of their rooms. In the gorilla room there is a staff. The ability of the staff is a trap that stuns the gorilla. Guess what? You actually use the staff to prevent him from ressing his adds.

If people would do the bosses like they are designed to be done instead of trying to exploit them, you would have a much better and more fun time.

Oh btw, if the 4 people who stand on the Spouts of the tar elemental boss, continue to stand on the spouts, they dont spit out more adds. burning him with the alcohol also turns the boss’s adds into lava founts. All in all, other than the 1st initial pull, you shouldnt get adds at all. When the boss goes underground, have 1 person step off a spout just long enough to cause him to reappear.

I honestly cant wait till the make giganticus room doors close so you cant pull him out.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

We didn’t pull gorilla out of his area. We controlled its position. It dashes twice and then attempts to resurrect. You can quite easily make sure that it ends up in same place.

RoRo.8270

Just reading some of these responses. Its no wonder people say the boss mechanics are boring. Just reading the Op tells me most people would rather find exploits or ways to bug the boss than try to do them as intended.

Lets take the gorilla boss for example. People are pulling it out of his room to avoid resurrection of his adds. I can not WAIT till the devs put an end to pulling bosses out of their rooms. In the gorilla room there is a staff. The ability of the staff is a trap that stuns the gorilla. Guess what? You actually use the staff to prevent him from ressing his adds.

If people would do the bosses like they are designed to be done instead of trying to exploit them, you would have a much better and more fun time.

Oh btw, if the 4 people who stand on the Spouts of the tar elemental boss, continue to stand on the spouts, they dont spit out more adds. burning him with the alcohol also turns the boss’s adds into lava founts. All in all, other than the 1st initial pull, you shouldnt get adds at all. When the boss goes underground, have 1 person step off a spout just long enough to cause him to reappear.

I honestly cant wait till the make giganticus room doors close so you cant pull him out.

You’re disappointed in the playerbase? You should be disappointed with the devs who didn’t bother to test their dungeons

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Well wait, lupicus struck on his room’s door was funnier

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Shiri.6728

Shiri.6728

Wow, I never even noticed that staff, and I run around with “show all enemy nameplates” on all the time. I thought we were doing the correct thing by kiting the gorillas away from him after he rezzes the first batch, since he DOES seem to need the corpses. Thanks for the headsup, might be more fun to do it that way if we ever go in again.