Arah path 4 High priestess Dwayna guide

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kuzeer.5320

Kuzeer.5320

Arah Path 4 High priestess Dwayna guide

This fight is considered the hardest and to some the buggiest fight in the game at the moment. I thought i would write a guide on how my group as been clearing it since release. ( This is my first guide so sorry if it’s not the easiest read )

Before beginning this fight there are a few things you will want to work out.

1. Being; who is going to kite the orbs and in what direction will they be kiting them in. YOU NEVER WANT THE ORBS TO BE KITED CLOSE TO THE GRP. This is because they aggro the person they are closest to, NOT who is hitting it. So if the kiter takes the orb closer to a another person the orb will switch targets.

2nd. Once you have that figured out you will want to figure out where in the room you will be fighting the boss. ( as said before this should be a spot out of the path of the kiter or kiters ) For my group it is on the wall right of the prisons.

Once you have that figured out you should move into the room and inprison 4 out of the 5 orbs why only 4?. Because you will take this time to go around the room and gather up as many Tears of Dwayna as you think you will need to finish the fight. Remember more is always better as you don’t know how long this fight may take for your group.

Now to the fight itself.

Phase 1 of this fight is pretty straight forward, you will want to dps the priestess down to 50-55% HP, While getting people out of petrified (with Tears of Dwayna). At this point you will want to stack bleeds/poisons as high as you can. Once she reaches 40-45% HP she will go invisible for the first time.

Hint: Once you see the high priestess turn grey you have about 5 secs before she goes invisible and the orbs spawn. Your kiters should begin getting in position to kite their orbs once they see her turn grey.

HINT: Kiting the orbs can be difficult. But one thing you need to realise is the orbs are ranged not melee so they will not follow you to a T. The best way i have found to kite the orbs is to simply watch where the orb is and place a prison between you and it and run a straight line away from the orb.

Hint: having a thief that can spread poison is very useful in this fight, but if you don’t have a thief hopefully you have at least one human who can pop their elite skill GRENTH as the poison and -33% healing effect are very useful in this fight. If you don’t have any of the above, deeps your heart out and pray you have good kiters.

HINT: Many people don’t seem to realise this but the priestess is INVISIBLE NOT INVULNERABLE. you can keep auto attacking thin air and you will damage her.

Phase 2. Kiting the orbs is 70% of the fight if you can’t get it down you might as well not even try. For my group we use 2 people to kite the orbs. 1 person will grab the 2 orbs in the back and move clockwise around the tree. While the 2nd person will grab the orbs at the front of the room and move them around the tree counter clockwise. Now if this is done properly the person kiting the back 2 should be done and back with the main group before the person kiting the 3 is at the tree.

Phase 1. Now we are back into phase one with one slight difference you now have a time limit on how fast the high priestess goes invisible ( about 40-45secs). At this point you want to do as much dps as you can with out leaving people petrified. Remember stack bleeds/poison during this phase as it will help slow her healing.

If all goes well you should have her dead in 3-5 invisible phases!.

BUGS: Now there are a few bugs that can make this fight a little harder than need be. 1) it can appear that 1 orb sets off the graphics for 2 prisons. This can easily be countered by paying attention to which prison the orb enters FIRST as the second prison it sets off is still actually avaliable. Another bug that can occaisionally work in the favor of the grp is that 2 orbs sometimes get inprisoned in the same prison. This works in your favor because, for the next invisible phase, if you kite 1 orb into the prison that was empty last time it will bring dwayna out right away.

IF you have any other questions about this fight or any other boss fight in Arah feel free to whisper me in game. As i have cleared all 4 paths many many times.

Posted by: iMav.7869

iMav.7869

You are overcomplicating this.

The orb part is as easy as having all 5 party members hide behind the statue and LoSing the orbs into the prisons. You don’t have to be careful and precise about it. Just have 1 person go grab the 3 orb near the entrance, 1 grab the 2 at the back, and then kite circles around the statue until they are all filled.

My group could beat the orb part fast enough that dwayna only has 20% of her hp recharged.

Another hugely important part that you left out is that you get a debuff 10 seconds before you get petrified called “dead-eye state” the icon is the same as this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/89/Blinding_Flash.png

This makes it really easy to go grab tears and unfreeze people right as they freeze, because it is very predictable.

Kuzeer.5320

thanks totally forgot about the debuff dead eye. But as for everyone loS’ing the orbs around the statue, i wouldn’t recommend that at all since most of the time orbs will just hug the statue and follow u around. Like i say i found the best way of doing it is just having 2 people kite the orbs like i said. Least that is the best way i have found in 30+ clears.

Posted by: Ebon.7641

Ebon.7641

thanks totally forgot about the debuff dead eye. But as for everyone loS’ing the orbs around the statue, i wouldn’t recommend that at all since most of the time orbs will just hug the statue and follow u around. Like i say i found the best way of doing it is just having 2 people kite the orbs like i said. Least that is the best way i have found in 30+ clears.

30 clears eh? I’ve been looking for an experienced group to do this, it’s the last path I need in Arah. Would you be willing to bring me in on a run? If you’re up for that, add me (Dagon Blackthorn). I’ve gotten up to Lyssa and I’m generally a pro with the rest of the dungeon

Kuzeer.5320

30 clears eh? I’ve been looking for an experienced group to do this, it’s the last path I need in Arah. Would you be willing to bring me in on a run? If you’re up for that, add me (Dagon Blackthorn). I’ve gotten up to Lyssa and I’m generally a pro with the rest of the dungeon

Ya for sure, like i said if anyone needs help with a boss or wants to do a arah run any path feel free to add me, and hit me up anytime i am on. Most of the time im down to run arah. Least till the 15th

Posted by: Ebon.7641

Ebon.7641

Ya for sure, like i said if anyone needs help with a boss or wants to do a arah run any path feel free to add me, and hit me up anytime i am on. Most of the time im down to run arah. Least till the 15th

Cool, sounds good Kuzeer is your in game name?

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

Haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere. Tears respawn, so if you want to, you can keep picking up the orbs at the entrance to Dwayna, and just stock pile them some of them where you want to hold the boss for the fight. This way whoever is assigned to tears never has to go looking for them.

Kuzeer.5320

Cool, sounds good Kuzeer is your in game name?

Nefferpie is my warriors name. which is what i do 90% of my runs on

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

The easiest way is just out damage her healing. Push her into a corner and whack away.

Posted by: AIMonster.8236

AIMonster.8236

We did her a different way. Not having 3+ warriors available and having low DPS in general (a Ranger, a support Elementalist, and a Necromancer) we found that no matter how awesome and quick we were on orbs we were simply unable to DPS her down fast enough as we could barely put a decent dent into her before she’d go invis again.

We pulled her into a corner and simply just DPSed her while she was hidden, keeping poisons up and having our Elementalist run the orbs. Our DPS with constant poison up was just enough to keep her from healing up while she was hidden and our Ele quickly got the orbs in and we slowly whittled her down in a 15+ minute fight. I don’t understand why she is easier when you ignore her mechanics. To do her legit we figure you need at least 3 of a combination of glass cannon engineers, warriors, or thieves in the group.

SPOILER:

Of course after this “challenge” (of sitting in a corner and spamming our autoattacks to DPS her down) we were greeted with the amazing AFK round 2 boss (Melandru being the first) who was literally a stone in the ground that had all the ignorable mechanics of the other Seer path bosses.

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

well if anyone wants to run it hit me up, I’ve been needing this for dungeon master for a while now.

Posted by: Level Ioo.2497

Level Ioo.2497

Thanks OP for posting this, you’re a lifesaver! It didn’t occur to us to bring poison as it wasn’t on our builds and we couldn’t dps it down fast enough to counter the regen. But it was easy once we brought in a few radiation fields.

Also pets and summons (from runes) make orbs running a lot harder than it already is. It’s best to have someone else run the orbs.

Posted by: Jakar.3685

Jakar.3685

If you bring him to the first stealth phase and only bring 4/5 sparks to the handin point and then wait for him to reappear it ll only take 1 spark for the next stealthphase to get him back from stealth. This makes the fight very easy and doable even by low dps groups.

Posted by: Elise Lestat.6390

Elise Lestat.6390

Posted by: Elise Lestat.6390

Elise Lestat.6390

See above video for words beyond unfair.

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

This strategy is useless now as the fight has changed. You cannot damage her while she is stealthed.

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

See above video for words beyond unfair.

Same thing happened to my group