Arah selling - kick others, then sell?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Septaryeth.1970

Septaryeth.1970

I might be a bit sour but I guess that’s what happened when you got scammed, or trolled in this case because we had no intention of doing any deal at the first place.
We have a lfg team doing arah p3, purely exp in title and no selling involved, in fact the dungeon host and another person are there for the first time.
Near the end, the other two people, the self-proclaimed elitists, kicked me and another person out and start selling the dungeon. I have screenshots and all and even the dungeon host whispered me to apologize.
Makes you wonder how many of these self-proclaimed soloers actually “soloed” the dungeon, or they just used lfg to get people to do their works for them.

(edited by Septaryeth.1970)

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

That risk is present whenever you buy a slot from a seller.
Sellers face a similar risk, too, which is getting kicked out of their own instances by bitter/envious people and having to start over.

Still, it’s better to let one guilty man walk free than to unjustly punish an innocent.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Well you didn’t have luck I guess, anyway the best thing you can do to avoid that is start the dungeon yourself and make your own LFG (this fills quite fast normally). Also you should report them. You can also join to kick when they’re selling but I would personally avoid doing that.

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

Makes you wonder how many of these self-proclaimed soloers actually “soloed” the dungeon, or they just used lfg to get people to do their works for them.

I know you’re pretty upset and you have the right to be but making a comment like that isn’t that “nice” since there are many people that work hard to refine their skill to be able to solo efficiently. The people that kick others for their benefit or the ones that don’t truly solo the dungeon will always get what coming to them, either through their reputation being spread or what not. I remember when the community was destroying instances out of spite or whatever it was, I’m glad that has died down and basically phased out for now, I do not want to have those days come back.

Septaryeth.1970

Sellers face a similar risk, too, which is getting kicked out of their own instances by bitter/envious people and having to start over.

Still, it’s better to let one guilty man walk free than to unjustly punish an innocent.

Thing is, we didn’t buy anything, it’s purely “arah p3 lfg”. We got kicked AFTER reaching the final boss, meaning we DID put in effort in all the boss before that, including Lupi. They used lfg to get people to work for them then SELL the dungeon and said they soloed it.

I’m perfectly fine with soloers getting their respect and all but selling have obviously attracted undesirable behaviors and affected the game in a very undesirable fashion. I totally lost my trust in these so called soloers unless they have the vid to back it up.

Now even when doing dungeon just for the fun of it, I need to watch out for people like these (especially confident people who said they soloed it) because I don’t know if they just want to use me as a tool for cash grab. When we condone selling or money dealing in dungeons, things get ugly. I don’t know if there is a way to fix it or benefit true soloers but for now I’m certain selling affects even people who just want to do dungeons normally.

But just for these decent soloers who really topped the techniques/mechanics of the game, I salute to you. Sorry for the angry title, I wish I could edit it.
*Turns out I can!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I might be a bit sour but I guess that’s what happened when you got scammed, or trolled in this case because we had no intention of doing any deal at the first place.
We have a lfg team doing arah p3, purely exp in title and no selling involved, in fact the dungeon host and another person are there for the first time.
Near the end, the other two people, the self-proclaimed elitists(one of them is in a big guild in fact), kicked me and another person out and start selling the dungeon. I have screenshots and all and even the dungeon host whispered me to apologize.

So, after you two were kicked, there was the dungeon host + the two elitists left? I so would’ve told the host that I’m going to rejoin and then would’ve proceeded to kick the elitists and finish the godkitten path on my own.

Anyway, yeah, they are kittens. If you know their names, report + block them.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Thing is, we didn’t buy anything, it’s purely “arah p3 lfg”. We got kicked AFTER reaching the final boss, meaning we DID put in effort in all the boss before that, including Lupi.
They used lfg to get people to work for them then SELL the dungeon and said they soloed it. I’m perfectly fine with soloers getting their respect and all but selling have obviously attracted undesirable behaviors and affected the game in a very undesirable fashion. I totally lost my trust in these so called soloers unless they have the vid to back it up.
Now even when doing lfg for just for the fun of it, I need to watch out for people like these (especially confident people who said they soloed it) because I don’t know if they just want to use me as a tool for cash grab. When we condone selling or money dealing in dungeons, things get ugly. I don’t know if there is a way to fix it or benefit true soloers but for now I’m certain selling affects even people who just want to do dungeons normally.

But just for these decent soloers who really topped the techniques/mechanics of the game, I salute to you.

The best you can do is watch out for obvious red flags, such as two people from the same guild, especially if they’re suspiciously quiet/distant. Not many are cynical enough to share a joke with someone they’re about to backstab.

Still, I hope you don’t ever find yourself in such an undesirable situation in the near future.
Good luck.

Septaryeth.1970

Thing is, we didn’t buy anything, it’s purely “arah p3 lfg”. We got kicked AFTER reaching the final boss, meaning we DID put in effort in all the boss before that, including Lupi.
They used lfg to get people to work for them then SELL the dungeon and said they soloed it. I’m perfectly fine with soloers getting their respect and all but selling have obviously attracted undesirable behaviors and affected the game in a very undesirable fashion. I totally lost my trust in these so called soloers unless they have the vid to back it up.
Now even when doing lfg for just for the fun of it, I need to watch out for people like these (especially confident people who said they soloed it) because I don’t know if they just want to use me as a tool for cash grab. When we condone selling or money dealing in dungeons, things get ugly. I don’t know if there is a way to fix it or benefit true soloers but for now I’m certain selling affects even people who just want to do dungeons normally.

But just for these decent soloers who really topped the techniques/mechanics of the game, I salute to you.

The best you can do is watch out for obvious red flags, such as two people from the same guild, especially if they’re suspiciously quiet/distant. Not many are cynical enough to share a joke with someone they’re about to backstab.

Still, I hope you don’t ever find yourself in such an undesirable situation in the near future.
Good luck.

They weren’t in the same guild. And one of them is not only acting as if high, “I’m ten times mightier than thor!”(direct quote, guess it has something to do with his name), but also verbally abusing everyone in the team, such as calling people worthless when they are downed.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

What guild(s) were the elitists from?

Posted by: Wheatty.1892

Wheatty.1892

Was one guy from TS? I remember I ran with a guy like that that constantly called everyone “worthless”, pretended to be a zerk warrior when he was obviously a shout heal condi warrior and kicked me for not having a ranged weapon at lupi. Needless to say, he was blocked very promptly.

Septaryeth.1970

Was one guy from TS? I remember I ran with a guy like that that constantly called everyone “worthless”, pretended to be a zerk warrior when he was obviously a shout heal condi warrior and kicked me for not having a ranged weapon at lupi. Needless to say, he was blocked very promptly.

He did constantly bragged how he’s healing everyone in the team and how high his healing power is, and nagging about “must range” when we got close to Lupi. Did that person in your team happen to be a charr warrior too?

I thought he’s kidding or just excited as being “the more experienced one” in the team(who carries commander badge in the dungeon?), because some kids do that. I was only slightly irritated towards his put down during the dungeon as I was naive enough to believe it’s too easy to misinterpret joking as malice on the internet, but I guess I’ll now take face value and see him and maybe his friend(s) as people who actually find self-esteem by abusing others on the internet.

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t even know what guild TS is. Nevermind!

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I only kick people if they either skip Lupicus, don’t read my LFG posts, or actively go out of my way to **** with me.

JasmineLong.6514

Yes, Shatterer Inc. I can’t remember what the other guy’s guild is though, it has a really long name.

Now that you mentioned it, he did constantly bragged how he’s healing everyone in the team and how high his healing power is, and nagging about “must range” when we got close to Lupi. Did that person in your team happen to be a charr warrior too?

I thought he’s kidding or just excited as being “the more experienced one” in the team(why carry the commander badge in dungeon?), because some kids do that. I was only slightly irritated towards his put down during the dungeon as I was naive enough to believe it’s too easy to misinterpret joking as malice on the internet, but I guess I’ll now take face value and see him and maybe his friend(s) as people who actually find self-esteem by abusing others on the internet.

Omg was the Charr warrior talking about himself in third person?

Septaryeth.1970

Yes, Shatterer Inc. I can’t remember what the other guy’s guild is though, it has a really long name.

Now that you mentioned it, he did constantly bragged how he’s healing everyone in the team and how high his healing power is, and nagging about “must range” when we got close to Lupi. Did that person in your team happen to be a charr warrior too?

I thought he’s kidding or just excited as being “the more experienced one” in the team(why carry the commander badge in dungeon?), because some kids do that. I was only slightly irritated towards his put down during the dungeon as I was naive enough to believe it’s too easy to misinterpret joking as malice on the internet, but I guess I’ll now take face value and see him and maybe his friend(s) as people who actually find self-esteem by abusing others on the internet.

I don’t know if I should name people on the forum. But it’s like you can read my mind.
Yes! I do noticed he likes to constantly refer/praise himself in third person! “[charactername] is ten times mightier than thor!”

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

I don’t know if I should name people on the forum. But it’s like you can read my mind.
Yes! I do noticed he likes to constantly refer/praise himself in third person! “[charactername] is ten times mightier than thor!”

oh god i’ve seen him in AC

JasmineLong.6514

I know exactly who you’re talking about then. I had him in Arah the other day where me and a couple others ended up carrying him throughout the dungeon. He ended up getting me bubbled at lupi and I was asking him to stop moving around so much and he was like “well (his name) is still alive and you’re dead so who’s the better player now”

He was on his charrdian at the time…which had about 23k health…………

Purple Miku.7032

If that’s the case then I probably would have kicked him. If I told someone to stop causing Lupi to bubble people on the team and they replied with some kitten comment like that, they’re gone.

JasmineLong.6514

I would’ve too…he was the opener though. Should’ve left at the beginning but one of the guys and I were like “meh, let’s see what happens”

Septaryeth.1970

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I only kick people if they either skip Lupicus, don’t read my LFG posts, or actively go out of my way to **** with me.

You know, it gives me strange reassurance to know that maybe I just had some bad luck (I should have known it’s not my day when everyone in the map dced 10min before Teq) ran into this one particular person that bothers a lot of people. So maybe it’s not as common as I thought it was and lfg can still be trusted (to some degree)

Of course I’m still going to try to play Arah and perhaps learn things from this forum. Again I would like to apologize to the real hard working people who put in effort in soloing Arah. I was being too sour and shouldn’t make topics/comments like that when my head wasn’t clear. It’s sad when you deserve your just reward, some cheat to get it and ruin your reputation.

JasmineLong.6514

Miku plays on EU so he wouldn’t know the NA guilds

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

A forum success story. Brings me to tears.

OP I don’t know what your dungeon skill level is, but if you’re interested in learning or if you like teaching, you should post in the [Noob] sticky. We could all use a little bit of your fabulous attitude in our forum/game lives.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Sounds like a terrible experience, never actually had something like that happen to me but I’m sure it’s awful to see people you’ve helped through a path stab you in the back and try to profit from your efforts.

Given the current popularity of the arah selling scene, I’d suggest you always open your own instances or have someone you can trust open them for you. It’s despicable to see what was once one of the great milestones in a PvE player’s development (the ability to solo an arah path) reduced to a mere money farm for exploiters and griefers.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

uhm.. did that cat’s name include fluffy?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Had similar experience, but for CoF Story.

Typically dishonorable sellers don’t fill their group completely (unlike decent people who actually have more than 1 friend to place-hold for spots), so that’s a good chance for you and a friend to join them via the LFG system and kick them. Karma is a skritt.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Posted by: Scorpion Over Lord.9036

Scorpion Over Lord.9036

You know, it gives me strange reassurance to know that maybe I just had some bad luck (I should have known it’s not my day when everyone in the map dced 10min before Teq) ran into this one particular person that bothers a lot of people. So maybe it’s not as common as I thought it was and lfg can still be trusted (to some degree)

Of course I’m still going to try to play Arah and perhaps learn things from this forum. Again I would like to apologize to the real hard working people who put in effort in soloing Arah. I was being too sour and shouldn’t make topics/comments like that when my head wasn’t clear. It’s sad when you deserve your just reward, some cheat to get it and ruin your reputation.

Bro, if your on NA im taking friends to get their Lupi solos, so if your interested in practicing and dont mind spending a fair amount of time in arah ill hit you up. Just download TS3 and ill give you the details you need in game. Then you can solo lupi and kick that moron next time you see him!

JasmineLong.6514

uhm.. did that cat’s name include fluffy?

I have met such a “Fluffy” and the run was amazing to say the least

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

Well at least said person isn’t in TS anymore as of now. I just wonder if he even cares since nobody seemed to know him.

But man, are we having a good laugh at some of these stories.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Bro, if your on NA im taking friends to get their Lupi solos, so if your interested in practicing and dont mind spending a fair amount of time in arah ill hit you up. Just download TS3 and ill give you the details you need in game. Then you can solo lupi and kick that moron next time you see him!

Likewise. I’m always down for a bit of Lupi/Arah mentoring.

Posted by: raethe.1903

raethe.1903

From personal experience, both Scorpion Over Lord.9036 and IvanTheGrey.2941 are amazing teachers if you are on NA servers.