Arah spot selling is ridiculous !

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I went to find a group today on gw2lfg for some arah paths and all there is is people that think they are the only ones that know how to run it but are NOT they are selling their spots on the team, which probably means someone else is getting kicked to get you the paying customer in. This is taking it to far !!!

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I actually spoke to an Arah path seller yesterday. He said he often just duo’s or trio’s with friends, so there’s a better split for them. To my amazement he said they actually get buyers for all paths.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84526-cookie-and-friends-arah-running-service-eu/

All runs done with anywhere from 1-5 players and people will either sell their own spot or we’ll sell off the empty spots. Once you’re good at Arah you can 2-3 man each of the paths (you need 4 for the silly Tar in p1) really easily.

I’m sure there are probably some people who kick poor PUGs to sell their spots – but those people are scum and not everyone who sells spots does that.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

If there is a market, people will find it.

Posted by: Almdudler.8621

Almdudler.8621

I find it more ridiculous to pay for something like that. Plus I don’t think people got kicked for that, just someone who enjoys solo/duoing Arah.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

You obviously didn’t play gw1. For the first four years of the game all I did was run dungeons for people and made a killing doing it lol.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I think it’s absurd that people actually pay for that, but it’s not my money.

In the end, they’re selling their time and service. I don’t really see a problem honestly, other than how easy it would be to scam people.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

laharl.8435

I find it more ridiculous to pay for something like that. Plus I don’t think people got kicked for that, just someone who enjoys solo/duoing Arah.

Yeah, I doubt people are getting kicked. I have nothing against it, I’m just amazed there is a market for it.

Latinkuro.9420

It is now a problem for me all I want to find a group to run it and get my armor but now there’s only selling no one wants to run it themselves as if it’s that difficult !!!

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Yeah, I doubt people are getting kicked. I have nothing against it, I’m just amazed there is a market for it.

The other day, someone paid me 40g to take him through Arah P4. 20 minutes later he had DM and I had 40g, from just one client. Some people just really don’t like dungeons. I figure they pay for convenience, so they can return to the areas of the game that they enjoy. For example I also had a WvW player buy 11 runs off of me just for tokens (this happens a lot, actually).

laharl.8435

It is now a problem for me all I want to find a group to run it and get my armor but now there’s only selling no one wants to run it themselves as if it’s that difficult !!!

If you’re on NA servers add me as a friend and send an in game mail. I run new people though all paths, explaining mechanics as we go. I would give you the link to our guild post, “Arah vets running Arah together” (or something like that), but I’m having issues with my phone.

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

The only thing that makes me sad are silly people skipping 80% of p2 with an exploit and then selling spots on gw2lfg. I know that someone soloes the full path legit (I like to do that myself) but 90% of runners take the short way.

Posted by: Almdudler.8621

Almdudler.8621

@Cookie Sure those people exist. At least I would feel very ashamed showing off Arah Armour or DM if I haven’t achieved it myself. But I guess thats a matter of attitude.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m pretty certain you have to kill all of the bosses that are unique to the path, I’m not sure how they would skip 80% of it :|

Luke.2643

I know you can swim under the path and come out at alphard, that’s enough to get tokens & reward. You can also run directly to brie from the start, but you must kill alphard too to get the tokens.

(edited by Luke.2643)

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I really want to say that you have to kill Belka and the Abomination as well. But I’ve been wrong before so I’ll take your word for it until I hear anything different. That’s a shame then, Abomination is one of my favourite fights

Luke.2643

I’d really like that if it was the case, I also use abomination to test my dps when I change something:/

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

No offense to any of the PvE tryhards, but if I have money and want a certain dungeons armor, or title for achievment points, Im going to find someone who’s able to get what I need done and pay them for it. Sure, I COULD go through the dungeon myself, but Im willing to pay for the convenience and professionalism of somebody/somebodies who are experienced in running the dungeon.

Either way, just like the debate over people who buy their legendaries vs people who make them, it really doesn’t matter and if you make a big deal about it you’re wasting your time

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

it baffles me that someone would even wish to buy a spot in the first place

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Latinkuro.9420

No offense to any of the PvE tryhards, but if I have money and want a certain dungeons armor, or title for achievment points, Im going to find someone who’s able to get what I need done and pay them for it. Sure, I COULD go through the dungeon myself, but Im willing to pay for the convenience and professionalism of somebody/somebodies who are experienced in running the dungeon.

Either way, just like the debate over people who buy their legendaries vs people who make them, it really doesn’t matter and if you make a big deal about it you’re wasting your time

The only reason this bugs me is because I want to run the dungeon NOT buy a spot !
and pretty much no one wants to run it now, guess that will change with the new dungeon revamp, at least I hope it does otherwise I’m screwed :S

And I’m already dungeon master its not like i need to learn any of the paths !

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Meh, if people don’t like PvE and have the gold to burn why not?
I mean if the achievement chests didn’t give me all the Badges of Honour I could ever need, I would throw as much gold as I could at an alternative source of Badges that kept me out of WvW. In that instance I wouldn’t have technically earned my Legendary because I “bought” my Badges, if that makes sense :/

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

2 or 3 friends doing Arah together and selling the leftover spots is perfectly fine, what annoys me is when the seller is in the group, leaves and expects the remaining (PuG) players to wait around and then take the person who bought the spot and 4 man the last boss, with no splitting of any profits.

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

The only reason this bugs me is because I want to run the dungeon NOT buy a spot !
and pretty much no one wants to run it now, guess that will change with the new dungeon revamp, at least I hope it does otherwise I’m screwed :S

And I’m already dungeon master its not like i need to learn any of the paths !

Seems like there are people running Arah to me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’d really like that if it was the case, I also use abomination to test my dps when I change something:/

You have to kill all dungeon bosses except lupicus in the right order to receive tokens. For example you could kill Brie (no tokens), kill alphard and kill brie again (no tokens), kill abomination, alphard and brie again (no tokens) and then kill belka→abom→alphard→brie, which will finally give you tokens.

Also i’m interested in you doing legit arah solo’s. Are you on EU Servers so you could show me?

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

Am also interested to see how you do Alphard (as not a mesmer / engi / guardian) legit though i think i have an idea, clones still burn me bad before I can completely stack them by using the ballots.

Dub.1273

Well, easy by sidestepping on 1200 distance. Kiting around the pillars is faster but often they bug and don’t respawn.

Dub | [rT]

Luke.2643

You have to kill all dungeon bosses except lupicus in the right order to receive tokens. For example you could kill Brie (no tokens), kill alphard and kill brie again (no tokens), kill abomination, alphard and brie again (no tokens) and then kill belka->abom->alphard->brie, which will finally give you tokens.

The only time I saw someone running straight to alphard it was someone I knew which I invited when I was running to lupi after killing abomination. He offered me to skip it and finish straight instead, but I enter arah solo just for that and refused. From there I assumed you could just run there and finish the path, I didnt take into account that I had killed belka and the abom already.

Am also interested to see how you do Alphard (as not a mesmer / engi / guardian) legit though i think i have an idea, clones still burn me bad before I can completely stack them by using the ballots.

I never said I soloed the full path with a war or something with no reflections. I did it like 5 times on my guard just for the hell of it, If I enter it with war its because the feeling of killing lupi never gets old, after that I usually call in some friends who are always happy to finish the path with me.

Also i’m interested in you doing legit arah solo’s. Are you on EU Servers so you could show me?

Since I do it with guard you know its really trivial to kill alphard I guess, the only 2 times I tried it with war instead of calling someone the barricades didnt respawn.
Didnt bother further. (EU server btw)

This is really getting OT so I hope there’s no need to ruin the thread even more.

(edited by Luke.2643)

Chryzo.8906

And to get back to topic, there is also 2 threads one for EU, one for NA to find people that run arah.

I don’t even go much on gw2lfg anymore, if you on EU, you can whisp me, I run arah pretty much non stop.

And no, not making ppl pay, even when i solo, i just invite people at the end for the tokens free… maybe the day i finally lood a precursor i ll start selling spots.

Well, easy by sidestepping on 1200 distance. Kiting around the pillars is faster but often they bug and don’t respawn.

Yeap that is my pb usually… and then you have to go hide behind terrain in remote spots

Dub.1273

No, why? Just range him where he doesn’t daggerstorm and none of his clones will aggro you.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

No, why? Just range him where he doesn’t daggerstorm and none of his clones will aggro you.

How many times should this be repeated? It’s she, not he. -.-

Chryzo.8906

Alphard is a girl’s name ?
Dub, i know, i just consider doing that an exploit and not doing it legit

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Alphard is a girl’s name ?
Dub, i know, i just consider doing that an exploit and not doing it legit

Check other features than the name.

Dub.1273

Aw true. Female thieves invader armor!

@Chryzo: I don’t consider that as an exploit, it’s simply part of the boss mechanic as interrupting his daggerstorm in melee is. Also, if this would be an exploit i believe anet would have fixed it. Well… belka isn’t yet either.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: rafi.2304

rafi.2304

I went to find a group today on gw2lfg for some arah paths and all there is is people that think they are the only ones that know how to run it but are NOT they are selling their spots on the team, which probably means someone else is getting kicked to get you the paying customer in. This is taking it to far !!!

How do you know they are kicking?

If you’re assuming that, then you’re prolly wrong. Most of the time there would be 3/4-man organised teams, that are feeling kind to save you time and might want to sell a spot.

Kicking a random person just to sell a spot, noty.

c:

Chryzo.8906

because i once was kicked from such a group ^^

Posted by: rafi.2304

rafi.2304

because i once was kicked from such a group ^^

Sorry to hear :s