Arah too buggy to play

Arah too buggy to play

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I understand that they don’t want to update the dungeons, but EVERY SINGLE PATH in Arah currently has at least one major bug that prevents completion if it triggers. These need to be fixed or Arah should be disabled. It is NOT fun to go through the entire Seer path, for example, and then have the Dwayna boss be unbeatable and have to start all over.

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I understand that they don’t want to update the dungeons, but EVERY SINGLE PATH in Arah currently has at least one major bug that prevents completion if it triggers. These need to be fixed or Arah should be disabled. It is NOT fun to go through the entire Seer path, for example, and then have the Dwayna boss be unbeatable and have to start all over.

Agree this is why I used the 8 path random token chests and spvp tracks to finish of my arah collection.

Edit
Be careful what you wish for tho remember what happened to twilight arbor forward up?

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I know arah p2 has belka not enter combat.

What are the bugs for p1,3, and 4?

Arah too buggy to play

Boogiepop Void.6473

Known bugs (to me; there may be more):
All Paths: Lupicus never becomes hostile, just stands there, making further progress impossible
P1 – Enemies between Ooze and crystallines respawn endlessly (sneaking still possible, but clearing not); Enemies between Ooze and crystaline aggro to stealthed characters, never break aggro (can occur in tandem with infinite respawn, making progress impossible).
P2 – Belka Vanishes never to return; Turret at the end of the mech sequence instakills players (can be avoided but only if you known how ahead of time); Bone wall doesn’t despawn at Alphard in case of wipe (can force reset if party voluntarily wipes again); Alphard instakills party if CCed when she should tele.
P4 – Bombs fail to explode, leaving path sealed; Vahid spawns infinite trees, making movement of any kind impossible (can also fail to despawn if you somehow kill him despite this, trapping you in the room); Simi eternally hides at 50% health, making her unkillable.

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

Yeah those all sound familiar. I think I experienced or at least heard of all of them as long ago as pre-hot. Dungeons were always and will forever be it seems, an embarrassment. Anet is a LOT better than they were back then to say the least. Its unfortunate.

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Known bugs (to me; there may be more):
All Paths: Lupicus never becomes hostile, just stands there, making further progress impossible
P1 – Enemies between Ooze and crystallines respawn endlessly (sneaking still possible, but clearing not); Enemies between Ooze and crystaline aggro to stealthed characters, never break aggro (can occur in tandem with infinite respawn, making progress impossible).
P2 – Belka Vanishes never to return; Turret at the end of the mech sequence instakills players (can be avoided but only if you known how ahead of time); Bone wall doesn’t despawn at Alphard in case of wipe (can force reset if party voluntarily wipes again); Alphard instakills party if CCed when she should tele.
P4 – Bombs fail to explode, leaving path sealed; Vahid spawns infinite trees, making movement of any kind impossible (can also fail to despawn if you somehow kill him despite this, trapping you in the room); Simi eternally hides at 50% health, making her unkillable.

Most of these are literally game mechanics.

Mobs follow stealthed players because they are coded like that, and it can be easily avoided by pathing them.
Vahid does spawn infinite trees if you keep killing the previous trees, they are capped at 5 so if you just bait them and not kill them he stops spawning them.
Lupi not activating happens because you didn’t pick a path before triggering lupi (usually because of skipping to waypoint), and can be easily fixed by using skill 1 on a hylek pot.
The “turret” kills you because the spiders attack in a large aoe, and since they gather at the turret you have to execute the unfathomably difficult task of using your dodge button.

There’s more like these but I can’t really be bothered to explain them, its just a case of you not understanding game mechanics.

(edited by bladex.9502)

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

that feeling when some people here post game mechanics as gamebreaking bugs.

a) learn to path mobs
b) learn to do Simin (you need to trap sparks to make her reappear)
c) vahid doesnt spawn infinite trees, he spawns around 5 max and if you kill one he will resummon
d) alphard resets bone wall and hp when someone runs around outside of her fighting area
e) mobs between ooze and entities do not respawn
f) don’t run into the turret in p2 spider cave, it’s for mobs. find the alternate way out of the tunnel or tp/block/invuln/doubledodge the turret
g) lupicus stays non-hostile only when you open the gate without doing prior events in p1/p2. maybe next time dont skip them…

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

I believe his statement is quite open to interpretation, and really the only way to have an accurate analysis is video documentation.

For example. I’ve seen alphard put up bonewall, group wipes, bone wall still up, can’t fight Alphard, run all around, bone wall still up, etc. Only way I know to fix it is to get some trash mobs to kill you again. I’m sure you can also get something similar via mechanics.

Arah too buggy to play

Boogiepop Void.6473

Come on people. Stop assuming everyone is an idiot. When I say “Vahid spawns infinite trees” give me the benefit of realizing that I mean INFINITE TREES, as in he keeps spawning them until the entire screen is nothing but trees everywhere. Please apply Logic and Reason instead of immediately assuming everything is “wah it’s hard make it easy for me” rather than a legit bug, especially when what I have listed here IS EVEN LISTED AS KNOWN BUGS ON THE kitten WIKI.

Arah too buggy to play

Sublimatio.6981

i just searched the wiki and there is no mention of any bug related to this. apart from that, i play since the beta tests and do arah quite often. i never had vahid spawn trees infinitely so i don’t believe such a bug exists, as i’m pretty positive i’ve encountered every arah bug there was. so don’t be mad if nobody believes you, especially when you write such nonsense next to game mechanics that you called bugs.

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Have to agree to Sublimatio. As in the “fractal updates needed”-thread, we have another case of l2p issue.
Arah was my living room before HoT and I’m still running it. Never encountered mass trees on Vahid ever. Maybe you found a very rare bug while goofing around but the thread name “Arah too buggy to play” is an insult to every skilled (veteran) player and people that play there for the first time and don’t use exploits.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

Is making Belka enter combat considered skillful now? At the very least p2 is unplayably broken a fair percentage of the time, and has been for a long time now.

(edited by thrag.9740)

Arah too buggy to play

Vinceman.4572

Is making Belka enter combat considered skillful now? At the very least p2 is unplayably broken a fair percentage of the time, and has been for a long time now.

Do you even try to understand?

Ofc Belka is the most occuring bug in Arah but even that is not a huge problem because you encounter her in the first two minutes of the path. So, not really unplayable and less than ever if you’re doing it right:
Either kill all trash before (recommended for new players with 0 experience only) and she won’t bug or don’t die while skipping, start to activate her as team and wait for your buddies so you enter the combat zone together. The last mentioned is a big thing because there are so many fat egos rushing to the boss instead of acting cool-headed and working as a group.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

Vinceman you are very wrong. The 3/5 times I encountered that bug was full clearing trash mobs before hand as a solo run. You are wrong, p2 is legit broken, and every time a player like you down plays a game breaking bug, you are enabling the terrible support that dungeons have experienced for half a decade

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Come on people. Stop assuming everyone is an idiot. When I say “Vahid spawns infinite trees” give me the benefit of realizing that I mean INFINITE TREES, as in he keeps spawning them until the entire screen is nothing but trees everywhere. Please apply Logic and Reason instead of immediately assuming everything is “wah it’s hard make it easy for me” rather than a legit bug, especially when what I have listed here IS EVEN LISTED AS KNOWN BUGS ON THE kitten WIKI.

After applying Logic & Reason, I cannot confirm that Arah is too buggy to play.

Wiki tips:

To activate Melandru’s statue, use the buckets of poison on the stumps in the nearby rooms. The second deity fight involves trees that root nearby players in a room with ‘oozes’ (flashing balls) that randomly move around. Getting struck by one knocks you down with some damage and a poison. Note that there are some spots where oozes never go. Find them and stand here while you kill the boss. The fight can be easier if one person with reasonable DPS kills the trees and another person kites the gorillas (they respawn every 30 seconds) in an area away from the other members. The 3 remaining members can safely focus on killing the boss.

From the wiki’s bug notes:

• After reviving at a waypoint players sometimes lose all their skills if they have been hit by tar while they died. This can be fixed if you relog your character.
  • The seer path may bug sometimes at lupicus, lupicus will just sit at his starting position and wont become hostile. The cause is unknown but in order to fix it you will have to restart the dungeon.
  • The seer path may also bug at the fight with Simi, the priestess of Dwayna. When this happens, she will hide every time her health reaches 50%, regardless of time spent gathering the sparks or fighting her.
  • After the cave in Mursaat path has been traversed once, the turret at the end of the cave will deal lethal damage to any players who attempt to cross it again. If the party wipes and returns to the dungeon entrance before defeating the Berserker Abomination, this is a progress-blocking bug and the dungeon must be restarted. Or just use the hole on the left right before the turret.
  • The bombs may not explode at the start of the Seer path blocking progress.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Arah too buggy to play

Vinceman.4572

Vinceman you are very wrong. The 3/5 times I encountered that bug was full clearing trash mobs before hand as a solo run. You are wrong, p2 is legit broken, and every time a player like you down plays a game breaking bug, you are enabling the terrible support that dungeons have experienced for half a decade

Nope, I’m not.
I ran p2 every day last ~10 days, even today, and we didn’t have to restart the instance.
And as I said, it’s not gamebreaking since it occurs the first minutes of the run. If it would be later, yes, then it’s an issue but this is just a lil bit annoying and no big thing since everyone knows that dungeons are abandoned content and won’t be fixed ever.
It’s a matter of “Deal with it!”.
If you cannot endure it, play other stuff. The think tank for dungeons has gone years ago, I’m pretty sure that the Anet staff isn’t able to fix them or is not willing to because it would be too expensive to waste dev ressources on it for the little margin that is playing dungeons.
It’s more important to spend time and ressources on bugfixing fractals and raids (there still are too many), which they are doing, because that’s their actual supported content. That’s why I couldn’t care less about dungeons although I still love them and run them without “huge problems”…. Well, maybe you have cursed accounts, dunno.

Arah too buggy to play

Linken.6345

What support are you talking about its abandoned content it gets no support.

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

Either kill all trash before (recommended for new players with 0 experience only) and she won’t bug

Vinceman you are very wrong.

Nope, I’m not.

Arah too buggy to play

Vinceman.4572

Are you nitpicking now or what?
I said it can happen but you can reduce it if you follow certain paths.
P2 is still playable.

And you wrote it by yourself in the video description:
" Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug."
Are you fricking serious?

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

Either kill all trash before (recommended for new players with 0 experience only) and she won’t bug

I said it can happen but you can reduce it if you follow certain paths.

Arah too buggy to play

Vinceman.4572

“Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.”

—> 67% success rate.

Literally playable.

q.e.d.

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

she won’t bug

Arah too buggy to play

Vinceman.4572

p2 is legit broken

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

p2 is legit broken

Thank you.

Arah too buggy to play

Vinceman.4572

p2 is legit broken

Thank you.

don’t die while skipping

You went downstate in the video. (4:37-4:38) -.-

+ Yissa died!

So, you made the best requirements to get the bug. LOL

I was expecting everything went fine in your video before I’ve watched it now.

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

you said clear mobs or don’t die. If you wanted both, you should have said, ‘and’.

Arah too buggy to play

Vinceman.4572

It’s common knowledge that you don’t want to let npcs die in Arah before certain bosses (Belka) or in skips (P3 to final boss) since years.

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

Are you saying that isn’t a bug?

Also are you saying a 33% failure rate is good?

Arah too buggy to play

Sublimatio.6981

why do you people argue, of course real bugs should be fixed, but many posted here game mechanics or boss abilities as bugs

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

We argue because some of us are more interested in being Anet’s shield than pushing them to fix broken content.

Arah too buggy to play

Linken.6345

We argue because some of us are more interested in being Anet’s shield than pushing them to fix broken content.

Well keep posting about it and dont cry when anet delete said dungeon path.

Arah too buggy to play

Sublimatio.6981

ta f/u rest in peace

Arah too buggy to play

thrag.9740

This is the most absurd thing I have read in a while. Lets really break this one down.

Your saying Anet cares so much about my complaints, that they would remove dungeons because of them? Obviously I would complain even more about that. The only way any of that makes sense, is if Anet enjoys seeing me complain. But even if that were the case, they would get 100x more complaints per manhour spent, by releasing new dungeons and nerfing power necro.

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: Antinomy.8456

Antinomy.8456

This is the most absurd thing I have read in a while. Lets really break this one down.

Your saying Anet cares so much about my complaints, that they would remove dungeons because of them? Obviously I would complain even more about that. The only way any of that makes sense, is if Anet enjoys seeing me complain. But even if that were the case, they would get 100x more complaints per manhour spent, by releasing new dungeons and nerfing power necro.

Clearly you weren’t around when they removed one of the TA paths cause the last boss was too “hard”/ had too many spider spawning if you took too long to kill it. Instead of fixing it they just got rid of it and replaced it with a cinematic experience that is TA Aether.

Arah too buggy to play

Linken.6345

People complained about last boss fight in twilight arbor forward up.
Not the whole path just last boss it had endless spawning spiders that made boss very hard to do compared to the other paths in TA.
What did anet do they added a path and made the trubblesome path vanish.

They dident care that the 3 sylvaris under the boss in the story of said dungeon

While Faolain has been defeated and driven out of Twilight Arbor, others of the Nightmare Court seek to move into her domain and take over. Her former allies and lieutenants conspire and compete to seize her old domain, and control the secrets she left behind.

Now somehow only 2 of those 3 are represented in the explore mode.

Since they wont be adding any new paths going by past experience they would just make the trubblesome paths vanish.

Arah too buggy to play

Sublimatio.6981

i don’t get it, arah has 4 paths, why did they remove ta f/u is absurd to me

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: Adrenalin.5719

Adrenalin.5719

The only thing I noticed is that you can’t chain-immobilize the earthworm in p1 anymore, which is kinda sad because it was a very unique mechanic and showed skill.

fanboy | A passionate fan of elements of geek culture, letting his passion override social graces
and common sense.

Arah too buggy to play

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

The only thing I noticed is that you can’t chain-immobilize the earthworm in p1 anymore, which is kinda sad because it was a very unique mechanic and showed skill.

“P1 @Tar. Paying 1g”