Archiving the dungeon sub forum?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

Q:

I saw that Arena Net is going to be archiving, or deleting, the wvw matchup forum. I’m just wondering if the dungeon forum might ever receive the same fate?

Things are obviously quite hostile here. Regular forum members and members of the dungeon community are infracted and banned every day here. Is it unlikely to happen, because this sub forum always existed and the match-up forum only existed because of forum members’ request?

This is an honest question of which I would like a discussion. Please keep the thread civil and on topic. I like my threads. I don’t want them deleted.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Never gonna happen, but things will not become any better in this part of the forum before they start taking care of their dungeons. This huge part of PvE needs more attention than it currently has.

LittleLepton.8915

Never gonna happen, but things will not become any better in this part of the forum before they start taking care of their dungeons. This huge part of PvE needs more attention than it currently has.

Nicely said.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

Any dungeon update is going to be tied into the living world. I made this suggestion about a month ago as well. No point in have the same discussion going on in two places.

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

LittleLepton.8915

Any dungeon update is going to be tied into the living world. I made this suggestion about a month ago as well. No point in have the same discussion going on in two places.

It’s not a suggestion… I don’t want it to happen. I am just wondering if it will happen. If the same logic will be used to nix this sub forum.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I notice how all sticked threads created by players are being slowly unstickied. At first i thought it was just guides in class subforums that havent been updated in a while but now the dungeon forum has had some mysterious disappearances. This moderator tyranny must stop!

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

When I read about the moderating changes etc. today I thought about this subforum. I honestly feel like it’s not a welcoming place for most players. Conversations can quickly become hostile here. Threads are created to mock players. While many give constructive feedback, I think others calling people terribads and telling people to learn to play isn’t very helpful.

But then again, I’m a sappy person so I may be blowing it out of proportion, hah.

LittleLepton.8915

I guess that’s sort of true, Roz, but at the same time so many of the people who come in here looking for help end up getting angry about the build advice, and say things like “I play how I want” and then they start accusing those here in the forum who are amazingly good of doing bad things.

Any thread can start out okay, but they derail because people are generally unwilling to take constructive criticism.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

There is some constructive criticism and friendly feedback as I said above, then there are some people who aren’t very constructive about it and are rather insulting. That’s what I was talking about. I think it certainly goes both ways.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The funny thing is that this forum is frequently more hostile than the WvW matchups forum (RIP).

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

but here we are mostly hostile towards the company rather than the players who want to “play how I want”. How long has it been since they posted anything here?

Let’s take a look at the new TA path, it has been suggested countless times to make cinematics skippable and atleast take a look at how skewed dungeon gold rewards are cofp1 = sep2? what?

No answers and no actions. They just dont care.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

but here we are mostly hostile towards the company rather than the players who want to “play how I want”. How long has it been since they posted anything here?

Let’s take a look at the new TA path, it has been suggested countless times to make cinematics skippable and atleast take a look at how skewed dungeon gold rewards are cofp1 = sep2? what?

No answers and no actions. They just dont care.

I agree, they really don’t care at all. They can’t even put patch notes about dungeons in the release notes. There are so many bugs in dungeons and stuff that needs to be fix not to mention the slue of exploits. Plus their constant ignoring of their clients opinions and suggestions these are the reasons why the community is hostile toward them. This is unacceptable and if you did something like this while employed elsewhere you would most likely be let go or you could lose massive amounts of clients and your product would die. Yet we just get more living story stuff that no one gives a kitten about. Complete crap and unacceptable.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

since mods and devs never come into this forum…. do you all mind if we make WvW matchup threads here?

LittleLepton.8915

I do mind, because we have a CC who is apparently reading all of our posts now <3 CC Danicia ^^

Yay we have a red poster again!

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

It is ironic, this sub-forum does seem to get the least developer attention yet it is absolutely the forum where I have recieved the most useful information and the most player help.

I have had in game connections through this forum, and players straight up offering to help in game from posting questions and concerns on this forum.

I guess it is just how you use the tool you are provided.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I’m sure this and spvp forums are on the list to go eventually lol

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

WvW matchups isn’t very “productive”, if you haven’t gone there before, you’re not missing anything
The dungeon sub forums is terrible, but there’s still some nice feedback here and there, though nothing is going to change (firing dungeon team is enough proof that dungeons won’t see any love imo)

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I’m sure this and spvp forums are on the list to go eventually lol

what?

spvp forums are the most dev-populated forums.