Are Dungeons Dying in NA?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: doc.9162

doc.9162

Running dungeons is part of my daily routine, (ascolon, COF, COE, CM, SE,) and others if i get time..

up to a couple of weeks ago, i never had trouble LFG finding a group…

now hardly anyone seems to be advertising.. i think i read about anet changing the servers or something?

got a sneaky suspicion that mega server isn’t in effect anymore?

really sucks now o.O when i do get a group, i have to hand hold them through the easy dungeons, or wipe entirely because we don’t have enough dps to survive the harder dungeons

forgetting my little whinge above, i would like to know?

has anybody else noticed that all the lfg dungeons are empty? at pretty much any time of the day..

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Join a dungeon guild

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Join a dungeon guild

Doesn’t help all that much, been in a few myself but still end up having to pug on regular basis. I’m actually inclined to agree with the OP. I pug Arah/CoE daily and I did notice a drop in activity in lfg, not just for NA but both NA and EU. However this anecdotal evidence is just reflection of my personal experience so it may be all fluff, never know…

(edited by frifox.5283)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

most people, if not all, do dungeons for gold. perhaps they have found a way that gives more gold per hour of their time ?

i play on NA server and during SEA prime, and yes, i do notice the lack of lfg for dungeons. my guild do dungeons pretty much everyday, so the lack of dungeon lfg created doesn’t really bother me.

to answer OP’s question : yes, but not very critical.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

doc.9162

thanks for confirming my observations, i would love to hear from a moderator or somebody who has solid information as to why, lfg numbers have dropped so dramatically?

has anet separated the pool of people according to home server?
because i don’t think huge numbers of people just disappear on the eve of a long awaited expansion

which btw i have pre-ordered

somebody please shine some light on this..
i love dungeon runs, but the quality and quantity of people have shifted in a big way

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Because … Silverwaste.

Most people in my guild would rather farm SW in their own pace than enduring the boredom and/or frustration of puggings. We have more daily fractal groups but almost 0 dungeon groups.

Posted by: Leap.2760

Leap.2760

My guild still runs tours every night, but I don’t LFG anymore because I have guildies. Even if I only get 4 guildies I’m still inclined to 4 man stuff.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

A lot of my friends don’t pug anymore, when they do dungeon they try and get a group going and don’t bother if it doesn’t happen. The main incentive used to be to dungeon for gold but nowadays unless you run a decently good tour the earning rate is slower than SW so there’s no incentive to pug.

Also the recent patch made lower level dungeons harder for non organized groups, wiping in AC now is an actual thing in pugs whereas before you could blaze through everything easily.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

doc.9162

thank you all for your feed back

so everybody has traded in there zerks for a shovel o.O how depressing :P

alrighty gonna join a fractual / dungeon guild..

i do feel better now though, ty gw2 world

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

How can you kill what is already dead?

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

If you wait for other groups to advertise on the LFG it will seem very slow. If you post your own groups they will fill instantly. Why is everyone so afraid of making their own listing on the LFG?

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

If you wait for other groups to advertise on the LFG it will seem very slow. If you post your own groups they will fill instantly. Why is everyone so afraid of making their own listing on the LFG?

probably this
You look at LFG for sorrow embrace .. you see nothing in the list but there is a zerg waiting at the dungeon entrance ..lol

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

We see this kind of post for the last 2 years, never had problem getting a group. Yup sometime I had to wait 5-10min for my group to fill up, but never more than that, and usually it fill up almost instantly. I just had 2 weeks of vacation and I did all dungeon paths except SE path 2 and Arah path 4 almost everyday during the first week. Never had any problem for any path.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

has anet separated the pool of people according to home server?
because i don’t think huge numbers of people just disappear on the eve of a long awaited expansion

Definitely not this. I started a fractal last night. I’m on Fort Aspenwood. Got a pug that ended up in a different instance. Saw that his server was Ehmry Bay.

I put up an lfg for SE “p3 80s exp zerk” yesterday at 7pm est and it took too long to fill so I edited out the zerk just to get it over with and it still took a very long time to fill up. Usually on a weekend night a path like SE p3 would fill up immediately. But maybe that was just a rare situation and I only made note of it because I saw this topic beforehand and it was on my mind. The other paths I joined or made filled up faster.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

dlonie.6547
How can you kill what is already dead?

Umm, what about zombies?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Running dungeons is part of my daily routine, (ascolon, COF, COE, CM, SE,) and others if i get time..

up to a couple of weeks ago, i never had trouble LFG finding a group…

now hardly anyone seems to be advertising.. i think i read about anet changing the servers or something?

got a sneaky suspicion that mega server isn’t in effect anymore?

really sucks now o.O when i do get a group, i have to hand hold them through the easy dungeons, or wipe entirely because we don’t have enough dps to survive the harder dungeons

forgetting my little whinge above, i would like to know?

has anybody else noticed that all the lfg dungeons are empty? at pretty much any time of the day..

Silverwastes rewards >>>>>> any dungeon

no longer farming dungeons, because stale zerker meta. i run purely for the hell of it nowadays. there are a LOT of people like me on this one, it contributes greatly to dungeon abscence.

rude people joining from LFG without reading description then getting mad when kicked, etc.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What do you mean stale zerk meta? Pull out those condi professions, slap some condi gear on them and have some fun, it’s not bad for a lot of professions right now.

Thaddeus.4891

I still get more reward when I do dungeon with my full guild team. Mostly because when we are all there we just do dungeon after dungeon without waiting, while in silverwaste you can wait a bit before getting some good maps.

Posted by: Rivindor.7258

Rivindor.7258

In my opinion dungeons are inefficient if you know how to SW well. I can tag every event, and the guaranteed rares from breaches and more, trivialize the 1g+ you receive from dungeon completion. The sheer amount of champ bags allows you a much greater chance at getting lucky with a dusk etc. to really strike it rich. A lot of people don’t realize but the non-event creatures in the SW also have a rather high chance at dropping rare mats…This is further amplified by the mf % increase you receive in the SW.

There is also zero downtime in looking for a group, or getting your guild organized to perform the dungeon tours. Point being, until SW is nerfed, or something better comes out, SW is going to dominate the economy, and essentially, the game itself. With that said, I have fun in the SW for some reason, so despite knowing the zone is ‘OP’ so to speak, I don’t want it nerfed either, but I feel it will be so that variety in Pve is established again instead of a one farm to rule them all scenario.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

It’s true.
And if we assume that it’s more often the experienced, more self-sufficient players creating LFGs, we might see one of the biggest reasons why that’s happening.

Tongku.5326

What do you mean stale zerk meta? Pull out those condi professions, slap some condi gear on them and have some fun, it’s not bad for a lot of professions right now.

I have.

Works good on my engi, my ele and a hybrid build guard, but beyond that its horrible. Also tried it on mes, necro and war. Mes and necro condi builds are pretty much bottom of the bottom and there is a HUGE gap between these 2 and war, then between war and the top 3.

Then, even the top 3 are still too far below old meta to be considered for most good groups, hence you still see all the “zerker only” in LFG, cause if they were on par, that would disappear.

ultimately to me the whole pve condi patch failed, as its main purpose was to help the condi professions at the bottom and it has not done anything in that regard. Also bosses still have too many immunities, negating too much of the control condis. You are 10x better off using boons for supp rather then condis because of it, except maybe vuln.

Hence its STILL a very stale meta. It needs to expand or change.

Also, the current dungeons on top of the meta are stale as well, game simply needs some new dungeons.

TBH I have never seen any major MMORPG release a full size expansion without at bare minimum 1 new dungeon. Usually, they add them in sets of 2 or 3, sometimes more.

This may of course change, but I have not heard anything about any new dungeons coming in HoT, only the fractal changes.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Well its most likely that people are starting to gear/grind for fractal 50, and those who have been running are preparing for legendary backpack since it sort of looks like fractal backpiece but with wings. Also I don’t really find many active speed running guilds other than IQ, DnT, and LOD so you should apply to those guilds.

Tour

Jerus.4350

I have.

Works good on my engi, my ele and a hybrid build guard, but beyond that its horrible. Also tried it on mes, necro and war. Mes and necro condi builds are pretty much bottom of the bottom and there is a HUGE gap between these 2 and war, then between war and the top 3.

Then, even the top 3 are still too far below old meta to be considered for most good groups, hence you still see all the “zerker only” in LFG, cause if they were on par, that would disappear.

ultimately to me the whole pve condi patch failed, as its main purpose was to help the condi professions at the bottom and it has not done anything in that regard. Also bosses still have too many immunities, negating too much of the control condis. You are 10x better off using boons for supp rather then condis because of it, except maybe vuln.

Hence its STILL a very stale meta. It needs to expand or change.

Also, the current dungeons on top of the meta are stale as well, game simply needs some new dungeons.

TBH I have never seen any major MMORPG release a full size expansion without at bare minimum 1 new dungeon. Usually, they add them in sets of 2 or 3, sometimes more.

This may of course change, but I have not heard anything about any new dungeons coming in HoT, only the fractal changes.

Don’t disagree with much of what you said, content rules all for sure. But, try ranger, apparently Ranger and Engi are the two condi setups that actually exceed the power builds in potential DPS over time. And, with the ranger the play style actually feels quite different unlike Engi which is still a lot of kit swapping just with a little less airtime (no jump shot/acid bomb). Also, from what I saw if you utilize fire fields and projectile finishers apparently mesmer condi can do quite a bit… don’t know much, but saw a neat thread talking about it.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Not everyone does dungeons only for gold. I still log in time to time to do a few quick ones for fun.

As for dungeons dying, even with me playing less often or playing at odd times, when pugging w/o posting up a bunch of pre-reqs, the LFGs will still fill up quite fast.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

well we’ve all done them hundreds of times, I’ve seen no news that there’s any new ones coming so it wouldn’t surprise me if there are fewer dungeon runs per day.

If there are less LFGs people have probably formed tight nit groups, joined dungeon guilds, or found a new game to play.

Personally I log in about every other day now and I am only on for a short amount of time 15-30 mins. I may run dungeons once a week as compared to what used to be a nightly practice. I don’t anticipate much for HOT thankfully this game doesn’t have a monthly subscription so maybe one day they may release stuff I care about and I’ll become a regular again.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

Too many dirty cheaters ruin the fun.

Posted by: zeonozero.5860

zeonozero.5860

Do dungeons pretty much everyday, still plenty of LFG’s all day long as well

Charr Ele ftw

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Dungeons lived a short but fulfilling life, he/she was a smart and generous being who was loved by many. RIP Dungeons 2012-2015

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

It’s Summer and people are on vacation. Also, Anet has hyped HoT to the point that the current content is bland in comparison, and yet there’s no release date in sight. “Wake me up when HoT is finally out.”

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

It’s Summer and people are on vacation. Also, Anet has hyped HoT to the point that the current content is bland in comparison, and yet there’s no release date in sight. “Wake me up when HoT is finally out.”

Apparently they’re trying to release it before the end of this year, or my guildie doesn’t know what they’re talking about. One of the 2.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

I haven’t done a dungeon since I got dungeoneer… hell I need to get 5 runes of the nightmare from TA for engi and I’m dreading it.

You can only run so many dungeons before it makes you want to shoot yourself.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I haven’t done a dungeon since I got dungeoneer… hell I need to get 5 runes of the nightmare from TA for engi and I’m dreading it.

Yeah i kinda feel like that sometimes.

that’s why speed running and the meta was born. get in make your gold and get on with your life because other than the addition of fractals there’s been no new real dungeon content since launch.

the biggest mistake they made was building the existing dungeons in such a way that it would be difficult to add new paths. Though they did manage to do that with TA it took considerable effort that they don’t seem to want to repeat. Probably has to do with complaints that they removed an old path in TA then added a new one that requires a little more brain activity that the average dungeon path to complete

If only they could add new paths to the dungeons that would be pleasant, I mean why is it that only Arah can have 4 paths? How about an AC path where we don’t fight a giant graveling? Or a treeless TA path? Or another HOTW path where you don’t fight the last boss under water? Or dare a say a COE path that doesn’t have Alpha in it?

It’ll never happen, but i can dream can’t I?

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

Could they be dying because 95% of dungeon content is incredibly easy, mindless, and has no depth?

Not to mention there’s no feeling of reward or any reason to actually run a dungeon.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I don’t know about you, but after 3 years of stale content I understand why people are off doing other things.

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

Roll rare runes in the forge, that’s how I got my nightmare/aristocracy runes

Tongku.5326

I do.

Engi, guard, ele, but they still fall short of zerker, though not by too much. The remaining 5 professions are unfortunately horribad on their condi specs, by far. Also, inc burn nerfs cuz spvp crowd QQ, so the 3 that are almost doable now, won’t be.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Thaddeus.4891

I do.

Engi, guard, ele, but they still fall short of zerker, though not by too much. The remaining 5 professions are unfortunately horribad on their condi specs, by far. Also, inc burn nerfs cuz spvp crowd QQ, so the 3 that are almost doable now, won’t be.

Sinister Engineer and Ranger are better than Zerker. Guardian is a little bit under zerker depending on the situation. Elementalist fall shot, but not so bad. For the remaining 4 profession, they are not terribad, but still need some work. If they could balance burn vs bleed (burn is far superior than bleed), that would help a lot condition Warrior, Necro and Mesmer which all use a good amount of bleed compare to their amount of burn. That leave use with thief, which i’m not sure.

Jerus.4350

We’ll see what they do. I actually support a nerf to burning, but, with an equal buff to bleeding and a buff to guardian burning traits. Bleed needs a buff to make more condi options viable.

As for Guard/Engi/Ranger their condi builds are better at least in some situations for each. Against many targets guard gets good, on one it’s a little lower. Ranger it’s just better as I understand it, though you lose utility and what not. Engi just has a little ramp up time before it begins outperforming.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Bleed was nerfed before. There wouldn’t be any un-nerf without a seriously good reason. Look at Lightning Flash, or Ride The Lightning your many favorite things. Forever banished.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

Maybe a lot of people are busy in the Silverwastes and skip dungeons?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Maybe a lot of people are busy in the Silverwastes and skip dungeons?

Can’t blame them. In about a day of chest farming I was able to craft a full set of ascended light armor with the amount of dragonite ore raining down on me and the money from farming buying the time gated mats.

Dungeons just can’t approach that. Especially fractals.

Sad thing is they’re more likely to nerf Silverwastes rewards than buffing dungeons/fractals.

Gotta keep the gold grinds or people won’t buy their gems to convert into gold.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

SILVERWASTES!
/15CHARS

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Well this is my story. My last goal before HoT drops was to finish the Ambrite Weapons collection. I did that and after that, I didn’t have any more goals. Seeing that I needed ascended accessories and I was a good chunk of the way to being 100% on the Caudecus Manor collection, I decided to finish the collection.

Now I completed the Caudecus Manor PvP reward track twice but I wanted to also supplement my PvP with actual dungeon running. I hadn’t pugged dungeons in a long time but started to pug CM with my thief and what I can say is this, it is not fun. I mean, I am only there for token and I have done CM properly many times. But it is not fun! Exploits, stacking, laziness – I don’t mean skipping using SR, hey I bring a thief to CM, I know what she’s going to be used for. But stuff like blowing up the Asura tech during path 1. It’s okay when you have someone on the team who can solo it but even when we don’t have anyone, the reluctance to actually do the content as a team is something too high.

No one wants to play in dungeon. Which is fine if the pug does work as a well oiled machine and we are in and out of the dungeon. That way the short time you spent in the dungeon is reward enough for just going along with everything. But most of the time, it doesn’t go smoothly. Then the teams reluctant to actually be there just annoying. Indeed, I think that if all you can do is look at the gold at the end, you are better off at Silverwastes.

I mean, its not that I don’t get it. I get it! I am only here to make my token count up to 660 and then I am done! I’ll get my accessory and move on to the next dungeon, which I will most certainly complete using PvP reward track, supplemented with guild dungeon runs. But me never setting foot inside CM, at least with pugs, doesn’t change the fact that dungeons are not fun.

Stacking is not fun. Exploiting isn’t fun. Even if you in it for the tokens, it should be mildly challenging and fun. But nope! So you know, I must rather get my tokens, weapons and armour through PvP. Something that I actually enjoy and do find challenging. So yes. Dungeons might well be dying. They certainly are dying for me!

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

(edited by Tinni.4351)

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer : Probably.

After so long, it’s really to be expected. They weren’t fun to begin with, so it devolves into figuring out what to skip and where to stack, and what to do for certain boss encounters.

Couple that with the fact that over half of the token rewards are limited to once a day per path, and that there’s usually a path everyone avoids for most dungeons, or a path most will stick to, and it’s probably faster to get dungeon gear from reward tracks instead.

Jerus.4350

Honestly, I’ve found a BUNCH of new and fun players lately. It’s just not in the zerker/meta parties, it’s in the “tell me your favorite band” “be a cutie” and unlabeled “path1” groups.