Are Infinite Mist Potions worth getting?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

Rhetorical question really, yet some people still ask it.
Well obviously infinite use is more than limited use.
However the real questin is if the price we have to pay for them will ever make a profit?
Yes, and quite sooner than you may expect.
If we divide the amount of relics we need for an Infinite potion by the amound required for it’s equivalent Large potion here is what we get:
- Defence – 5000/25 = 200
- Mobility – 5000/25 = 200
- Offensive – 8000/40 = 200
Yes it’s only 200 Large Mist potions, 203 if we include the price for exchanging stabilizing marix’s for integrated matrix’s.
And obviously I am not including the price of Gifts of Ascention which are needed for the Omnipotion. Thats because the regular potions use up as much inventory space as the Infinite ones. While the Omnipotion is an upgrade to them to save up space, and it has no equivalent in regular potions.
The price of the matrix’s is however greater than the fixed gold we pay for the Large potions. It would be around 300-400 depending how much it costs on TP.
However doing daily fractals we are expected to get at least 10+ stabilizing matrix’s per day, plus 1 integrated matrix if 100 CM is done. Thus in worst case it would take 18 (9 with CM) days to get the required matrix’s.
Still 200 uses is a lot right? Wrong! If you only use the potions when doing T4 you will have to use an average 2 per day. As most T4 daily fractals take an average 45 min.
Unless you get 2 boss fractals then it can be done in under 30 min which is how long normal potions last. Thus it takes an average 3-4 months to use up 200 Large potions.
However if 100 CM is also done that is another 1-2 potion uses increasing the amount to an average 3 uses per day. But that only happens if no potions durations are wasted any day. Thus if we include wasted durations 200 potions will last an average 2 months.
However Infinite potions have the benefit that they CANNOT be wasted.
Stop me if you found yourself in that situation: You do T4 and 5 min before you finish last fractal your potions run out, now you are wondering if it’s worth drinking new ones only for 5 min?
When you have Infinite potions you no longer care about things like that.

So yes they are worth getting. Unless you do fractals so rarely you don’t need them.
But if you do daily T4, CM, and recomended all the time you obviously won’t regret getting them.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

didn’t read it all but did you also mention that ince they last for 2 hours and the singularity refreshes its durations you practically will never refresh it if you do the dailies only and also you will always have the added stats from it

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Believe or not I actually read all this, but at the end my head hurt trying to follow your line of reasoning that I eventually gave up. It’s like one of those paradoxes where u have to decide who’s in the right: then u realize there was no right answer to begin with, but rather an equivocal one open to interpretation. Sometimes I enjoy those but I’m not good at understanding em, it just seems all tedious and pointless to me.

So basically the footnote to that is that infinite pots are incredibly worth it for daily t4s, more than regular ones. I would concur as that adds nothing contraindicatory to what I’ve held in belief. However the math behind this I wasn’t aware of, tbh if I’m understanding it right then it all seems overly convoluted tbh

I got the infinite offensive pot first before they increased the relic cost for it (I think?). I might’ve used endless tonic to buy them since I did get a lucky drop, but the other two and even omnipot I payed with hard cash, in this case relics. I only been doing fotm for 2-3 months since I guess that’s when I got back, but it wasn’t too bad for me tbh. How u ask?

Simply take pots out of equation. I never used any of em or bought em (waste of relics IMO) but rather I made use of ones I had in my inv that I got as ancillary drops. Most of that period I was doing dailies tbh there was not even an option to sell pots to vendor, so I would just end up destroying unnecessary ones when I got the infinite versions for them.

Therefore, just as in another similarly monolithic undertaking such as gathering funds to acquire a legendary, u have to approach this frugally. Don’t spent relics on anything, just save me up for infinite pot. Once u have the bottomless version of it, sell or destroy single-use versions of it for additional relics. U will find that ur expenditure has been reduced by this shrewd, penny-pinching play

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Quite frankly, T4 fractals are easy enough that you don’t need potions, and in my opinion the potions make them so easy as to not be fun anymore. The only place I use potions is the L100 challenge mote, and even then the only ones I think are really worth it are defensive/mobility.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

If you don’t like using the potions then don’t use them. Other people like using them, don’t hate on them for that.

I happen to think the infinite potions are worth it. If you do fractals enough to get that many relics to buy all 3 then you definitely will end up getting your relics’ worth out of the infinite potions compared to the regular ones

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I almost never watch (let alone link) videos when simple text explanations are often shorter and easier to follow. Here’s an exception:

This is a six minute, beautifully executed vid explaining the benefits and cost efficiencies of infinite mist potions.

Short story: sell your drops of temp potions to the vendor and save up for the infinite ones. The only reason to buy temp potions is if you have an immediate need, e.g. getting through a timed mote with a non-optimal team.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I almost never watch (let alone link) videos when simple text explanations are often shorter and easier to follow. Here’s an exception:

This is a six minute, beautifully executed vid explaining the benefits and cost efficiencies of infinite mist potions.

Short story: sell your drops of temp potions to the vendor and save up for the infinite ones. The only reason to buy temp potions is if you have an immediate need, e.g. getting through a timed mote with a non-optimal team.

deroir is like the best thing ever happened to gw2 fractals * u *

Posted by: bulauchenka.5382

bulauchenka.5382

worth… no
just use it to outtrash inventory.

defence potion for viper or bers )))
mobility…. in what fractal it super useful if plugs have no potions? I feel like dolphin style underwater is nice for mobility potion .
offensive potion is good.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

What else can I waste tokens on?

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

What else can I waste tokens on?

Rhetorical question I guess, since it don’t rly have any answer

I discount relinquary, anyone who has that achiev is just splurging pointlessly. Why throw all ur money in the sink for.. ?

I mean after u get ur infinite pots (lucky tonic drop.. so I saved 8k relics?) and all ur bags and ascended junk, u got nothing rly to spend em on. Not in large quantities anyway. Convert excess mist pots to relics.. but solves nothing, as fractal relics and pristine relics are both useless.

The fractal relic to gold ratio is also atrocious. What is it like 30 copper each relic.. pathetic. Better to just sit on it and spend on nothing

Arun Kar