Are We EVER Going to See New Fractal Maps

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Dungeons are effectively destroyed, and we’ve been anticipating new fractal area maps for what seems like years now!

Anet … hello…. anybody there…

Btw how bout some changes to give greater rewards or something to longer frac maps so 5 fracs a day aren’t just swamp.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Yes, 5 fractals at the very least, most likely 10.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yes. They stated that they are working on new ones. But until they are actually in the game, probably best to not put any of your hopes into it.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

If Mike O’Brien isn’t full of kitten, then yes, we will.

Posted by: Dromina.5023

Dromina.5023

They will be introduced right after the missing new legendaries…

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

I feel that only 2 new fractals will come and will end up being very underwhelming.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Yes. They stated that they are working on new ones. But until they are actually in the game, probably best to not put any of your hopes into it.

Ya I heard fractals are the replacement for dungeons and new fractals were coming like a pipe dream for a long time now. Don’t currently have much faith in ANET promises. last magical fantasy I heard was the next update, but after not hearing anything and them cancelling other promises just wondered if they gave up on fractals for the next big money maker expansion as well.

Posted by: Vast Green.2369

Vast Green.2369

I miss doing dungeons. The usual suspects are gone because rewards are no longer the same per hour as Silverwastes or HoT area events. As long as the model is sustainable, it does not matter if the reward is “liquid” or not. Play, get gold, done.

There is no effort involved in restoring the reward level either. A single loot table is all it takes.

Instead of dungeons and fractals (occasionally, but that may be me) there is now swamp, as the most time efficient fractal. And judging from my peer group, it´s done for daily rewards.

So I would suggest changing the reward system, another easy table. Instead of doing daily fractals only, do one specific one, and two specific dungeon paths, the later with a reward based on the average completion time. (There should likely be a bonus for the longer instances.)

Balance between different game modes is a bit more complicated, but this is within PvE 5-people content.

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Every map that has been released has caused an uproar. They are actually reverting a map soon which makes it a huge waste of money spent on development time. If I was ANET, I wouldn’t waste my time on New maps.