Are daily fractal recommended worth doing?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

Hi all, so i’ve been doing fractal dailies for months on and off and it occurred to me that when i post lfg for T4’s groups fill fast, but when that’s over and i ask if people want to stay and do daily recommended’s, more often than not everyone just leaves or 1 stays….

So i ask the community who does fractals on the daily, “do you do daily recommended’s? do you think its worth doing or not?”….fyi i don’t need the fractal research pages done with them long time ago, i usually just do daily recommended’s after T4’s since i’m in fotm already anyway but may decide to stop doing the soon when i get busy, thanks.

(edited by LucyFurr.6589)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

pages are useful for grinding out specific armor pieces to complete a set…. if the cost was in line with other acquisition methods (crafting). but it’s more expensive. I think it’s a good idea to keep ascended vendors using pages personally and don’t see a reason anet would change that to pristines or something, so maybe they’ll retune the vendors to something more enticing.

on the other hand, the random drops of ascended gear I’ve gotten over the past 4 years add up to me owning about 12 (or maybe 15) sets now and that’s why I generally pass on working towards a specific gear piece that takes about a week of doing an hour more of repetitive fractals… I just don’t need it. I’m sure a lot of the players who pass are in my boat, perhaps not with quite so many complete sets of gear but still feeling saturated.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: otome.2673

otome.2673

pages are useful for grinding out specific armor pieces to complete a set…. if the cost was in line with other acquisition methods (crafting). but it’s more expensive. I think it’s a good idea to keep ascended vendors using pages personally and don’t see a reason anet would change that to pristines or something, so maybe they’ll retune the vendors to something more enticing.

on the other hand, the random drops of ascended gear I’ve gotten over the past 4 years add up to me owning about 12 (or maybe 15) sets now and that’s why I generally pass on working towards a specific gear piece that takes about a week of doing an hour more of repetitive fractals… I just don’t need it. I’m sure a lot of the players who pass are in my boat, perhaps not with quite so many complete sets of gear but still feeling saturated.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Ascended-Vending-Changes

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

Yes. If only to get ascended chests (~90g worth each) and accesories.

Gold weapons are pretty baller too

Jade Quarry [TPA]

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

I just got a random gold shield, which I don’t need, does it have any other purposes?

Posted by: susana.7814

susana.7814

I just got a random gold shield, which I don’t need, does it have any other purposes?

no

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

salvage for a relic

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Ascended-Vending-Changes

Well, no real reason to grind pages just to be able to buy ascended gear for prices comparable to crafting. Better keep doing t4’s and wait for that ascended box drop.
And besides pages, the recommended fractals aren’t really rewarding.

Yes. If only to get ascended chests (~90g worth each) and accesories.

Those drop from tiered reward chests, not from recommended numbered ones (or at least the drop rate for them on recommended isn’t any higher than outside fractals).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

no

they said “you will be getting so many ascended boxes, you won’t know what to do with them”, here I am with my resonating silver every day and the “Rare” single glob of ecto

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

no

they said “you will be getting so many ascended boxes, you won’t know what to do with them”, here I am with my resonating silver every day and the “Rare” single glob of ecto

From doing three Tier 4 dailies every day? If you’re unlucky, won’t be swimming in ascended gear, but you’ll still get some. (Ascended gear doesn’t drop from the ‘recommended dailies’, which is what the OP was asking about.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”