Are necros accepted in Dungeon and Fractals?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Naesjasper.1863

Naesjasper.1863

I’m going for a power build tho. but I could craft vipers.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

depends
is it a speed run? no. otherwise yes. necros are great in high scale fractals

Naesjasper.1863

depends
is it a speed run? no. otherwise yes. necros are great in high scale fractals

well no. a power build will do great even in high scale fracs?

reikken.4961

oh right, power. uh less good. I don’t really know how power necros work though, other than spamming that one skill on below half health mobs

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Only viper necro is good on T4 fractals. Dungeons stuff dies too fast you can get away running power for dungeons.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Full buff it clock at about 20-21k dps in the SFTA. It’s below most other meta which usually go between 28 and 36k (again full buffs).

So ya in term of dps power necro isn’t on par with most other build. That said, it’s full Valkyrie + 2 HP bar so the surviability is super high and it can keep up 20+ might on yourself and 25 vulnerability on the boss. So in a pug group with limited buffs (like with no PS warrior), you probably gonna do equal or more dps than the others, while having a lot more surviablity than the others.

Even in pugs with buffs, some of them have a lot of difficulty to stay alive so your Power Reaper could be great there too. But for sure, it won’t be on par with other build in good groups. I would suggest you to go Condi Reaper, but if you can afford having 2 gear set for your repeat Valkyrie Power Necro can do a excellent job in Solo and in pugs with no buffs.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Naesjasper.1863

Full buff it clock at about 20-21k dps in the SFTA. It’s below most other meta which usually go between 28 and 36k (again full buffs).

So ya in term of dps power necro isn’t on par with most other build. That said, it’s full Valkyrie + 2 HP bar so the surviability is super high and it can keep up 20+ might on yourself and 25 vulnerability on the boss. So in a pug group with limited buffs (like with no PS warrior), you probably gonna do equal or more dps than the others, while having a lot more surviablity than the others.

Even in pugs with buffs, some of them have a lot of difficulty to stay alive so your Power Reaper could be great there too. But for sure, it won’t be on par with other build in good groups. I would suggest you to go Condi Reaper, but if you can afford having 2 gear set for your repeat Valkyrie Power Necro can do a excellent job in Solo and in pugs with no buffs.

If I may ask what can you say about DH or Druids (not going full healer)?

Posted by: DeoDose.4237

DeoDose.4237

I have to dissagree with your numbers. A power reaper can get to 27k dps which makes it average dps way better than 20k or 21k but you’ll need valkyre gear and miss out on some precision when running with pugs.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

If you’re just pugging them Necro is perfectly fine. As long as you know what you’re doing no one cares

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

I have to dissagree with your numbers. A power reaper can get to 27k dps which makes it average dps way better than 20k or 21k but you’ll need valkyre gear and miss out on some precision when running with pugs.

whot?
can i question you how and can you provide a screenshot of that on the new dps golems?
also not on a golem with like 1m hp, go on the one with 4mil…all buffs are fine.

i play my reaper just for the lulz in openworld maps. so it has no perfect gear. meaning, only my weapons and trinkets are asc and i’m using rune of strengh instead of scholar.
even for the dmg tests (all buffs) i didn’t use seaweed salad as food, so my dps was sitting at like 15k.
i could go higher up to like 18 to 20k when i abused the lichform (popping it, resetting skills to have it twice).

just to mention, i also saw the videos from brazil on his power nec with 22k dps, so i know you can go higher up then my numbers and i am aware that i don’t have the perfekt gear for it.

so there is some more room to get more dps, for sure. but it would like to see 27k dps as screenshot without any cheesing stuff and as maintained dps. i doubt it, thats why i am asking and if you can do it i would like to know how you did it and on wich golem.

you can skew the numbers on ele too, but no one sane in their mind would say thats the normal dps of a ele. (refering to that thread)

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Posted by: DeoDose.4237

DeoDose.4237

whot?
can i question you how and can you provide a screenshot of that on the new dps golems?
also not on a golem with like 1m hp, go on the one with 4mil…all buffs are fine.

i play my reaper just for the lulz in openworld maps. so it has no perfect gear. meaning, only my weapons and trinkets are asc and i’m using rune of strengh instead of scholar.
even for the dmg tests (all buffs) i didn’t use seaweed salad as food, so my dps was sitting at like 15k.
i could go higher up to like 18 to 20k when i abused the lichform (popping it, resetting skills to have it twice).

just to mention, i also saw the videos from brazil on his power nec with 22k dps, so i know you can go higher up then my numbers and i am aware that i don’t have the perfekt gear for it.

so there is some more room to get more dps, for sure. but it would like to see 27k dps as screenshot without any cheesing stuff and as maintained dps. i doubt it, thats why i am asking and if you can do it i would like to know how you did it and on wich golem.

you can skew the numbers on ele too, but no one sane in their mind would say thats the normal dps of a ele. (refering to that thread)

I can’t show you my own screenshots or gameplay because I am not home at the moment but I can link a video which gives an example of reaper damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4sXFsow6rM
(All credit for this video goes to Scoots F).
In the end you can see that he got to 26,85k which is ~27k on the 4mill health golem with all buffs. As I said before, this is obviously not an average dps of 27k, but around 24-25k which still is far superior than 20k-21k mentioned earlier.

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

thx 4 the video.
should have looked into the gs aa more, gotta look it up in the evening when i have time.

reikken.4961

In the end you can see that he got to 26,85k which is ~27k on the 4mill health golem with all buffs. As I said before, this is obviously not an average dps of 27k, but around 24-25k which still is far superior than 20k-21k mentioned earlier.

actually, each number shown is the average total dps, not the current dps

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I stand corrected as for the dps of a Power Necro. I was using the numbers from Brazil, which isn’t an optimized build obviously now.

This change things a lot. I still think that power necro isn’t worth it in raid because the guardian can bring 28k dps which defensive support, while most other can bring between 30 and 36k dps. At the same time, Condi Reaper at certain boss raid like Slothazor. But with 27k dps, I wouldn’t mind bringing a Power Reaper into raid, just don’t think that pug will accept it. As for fractal, it seem a respectable dps enough, with such a high surviability, it can do more than the job.

If I may ask what can you say about DH or Druids (not going full healer)?

DH full buff clock at 28k. The Hammer build is great for longer fight aka high fractal and raid, but you are better off with GS build for shorter fight like dungeon and low level fractal. It a solid choice for Fractal because of the defensive support it can bring. Especially the protection, reflect and aegis. The hammer build is also one of the easiest rotation, so it’s easy to reach your max dps.

Druid in not full healing can be both condi with Axe/Torch Shortbow which have a dps of around 20k full buffs or in berserker with 17k dps. Obvisouly they are on the low end, but both can bring great buff like grace of the land, spotter, frost and sun spirit. They can be of great help in fractal to keep the party alive in melee, but they are not necessary. They just bring quality of life. I wouldn’t bring one in dungeon or low level fractal because you really don’t need that heal. That said, you can do a condi ranger which can do decent dps.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Can someone answer me how t4 fractals are?

Theres been a necro veteran but he claimed power necro should be kicked from DUNG/FRACT LFGs.

My arguments were:
-This isnt raids. Stuff dies too fast so power is waay beter and easier than condi (landing epi half second after trash mob dies). U also lose 5k per set of minions on any non boss thing.
-this isnt 10man buff but 5man. So perma 25/25 might vuln at all times is worth more
-its lfg puging, not record runs. Necro is easier to play and thus the average and subaverage pug can still be very effective on it. A training wheels build that goes as fast as normal car

Am i wrong somewhere?
Are t4 fractals so high hp on mobs that the condi dmg has time to ramp and catch up? Do you do high hp 5target epidemics every 15s, that you couldnt easier burst with wells every 30s ?

If this is how a “necro veteran” missinterprets the mechanics then idk what other even think of necros

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Can someone answer me how t4 fractals are?

Theres been a necro veteran but he claimed power necro should be kicked from DUNG/FRACT LFGs.

My arguments were:
-This isnt raids. Stuff dies too fast so power is waay beter and easier than condi (landing epi half second after trash mob dies). U also lose 5k per set of minions on any non boss thing.
-this isnt 10man buff but 5man. So perma 25/25 might vuln at all times is worth more
-its lfg puging, not record runs. Necro is easier to play and thus the average and subaverage pug can still be very effective on it. A training wheels build that goes as fast as normal car

Am i wrong somewhere?
Are t4 fractals so high hp on mobs that the condi dmg has time to ramp and catch up? Do you do high hp 5target epidemics every 15s, that you couldnt easier burst with wells every 30s ?

If this is how a “necro veteran” missinterprets the mechanics then idk what other even think of necros

You lose 25-27% of power based DPS on T4. Source, SlyDevil from dnt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WjrchNLmng&feature=youtu.be

If you want to see rampup time on T4 that video shows 79 scale, also ignore the music I had Dark Souls 3 running in the background and fraps picked it up. I don’t think you can beat this in terms of damage with berserker power builds stack and typically berserker builds are way harder to play at T4 as well. Also not that many reasons of taking power necro since DH can beat you and gives arguable better group utility.

If you want numbers 50k party dps roughly with the ele on healing auramancer. Also notice how faceroll necro condi stack is to play. It’s pretty easy to play and has very competitive DPS to berserker stack team comps.

(edited by Oh Snapalope.1378)

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Aha toughness scaling, thanks.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

condi necro is great for most high tier fractals. in dungeons go power. as long as its not a speed clear run power necro will be ok for most people

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Never been kicked from T4 fractals with my necro. Especially when I’m normally the last one alive on the thrash.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

If you can see the LFG tool for 76-100 fractals, look at the number of groups that are 3 necros currently selling the Mai Trin Fractal challenge,

Most teams ive ran with at higher levels 80+ have a reaper in the party.

Posted by: Scipion.7548

Scipion.7548

Depressing. I dont know other AAA mmorpgs where you can read that kind of question, “is class X accepted in …”.
Has GW2 the worst community or the worst balance classes ?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Depressing. I dont know other AAA mmorpgs where you can read that kind of question, “is class X accepted in …”.

Sounds to me that he made bad experiences in others MMOs therefore he is asking this question here before stepping into the same thing.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I think it’s just a small group of elitist that ruin the game for others. Personally, I have never even bothered to look at a build makeup when doing Dungeons and Fractals, if you know what you’re doing, and how to play your class well, that is worth more then numbers to me, and if you can tough out a wipe because you walked in knowing that the group was going to me a mix-mash, then you’re the kind of player I want to have by my side anyway.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

Just as a personal preference thing… I LOVE love love when necros are in the group and they run Vampiric Presence. I play a condi druid and the leeching from that party wide aura helps maintain Grace of the Land by giving amazing astral force generation without needing to use a staff

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Play the game PWI as an assassin. Factions (guilds) and chat group constantly use “No sins” (assassin class).

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

It really depends on the players themselves. There are a few too many necros in T4 fractals nowadays. Seems to be the new flavour.
We normally leave up the 5th spot for a pug and that spot is usually taken by a necro and also most likely by one who runs something way too tanky for my taste.
They quite often play without any regard for the rest of their group, causing situations which will wipe everyone but themselves and then gloat in the fact that they died last. And considering how tanky even an almost glass reaper is – not dying last would be rather sad.

But honestly, those are the back sheep. Any class has their own.

Don’t get me wrong, though. I am happy enough to have a good necro join T4 runs for a lot of reasons. Some are ripping boons, good condition damage, Epidemic, ability to res, general ability to soak some damage in certain situations, good CC, etc.
Many situations seem almost perfect for a necromancer.

Anything works in dungeons now. The general powercreep as well as the break bar change made everything even easier than before.
The difference between a meta party with something like Warrior+Mesmer+Ele+Ele+Thief and replancing any of them with a necro or any other given class with a decent berserker build will only matter if you are out to set a record.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Necro is my go to for pugging t4 fractals these days after chrono and tempest for several reasons:
- I have no qualms in playing the glassiest ele but if my pug is gonna pulling their ranged attack for most of the time to “sustain” the fight, my big dps is gonna be poof – 11k at most. Plus, tempest is a natural aggro magnet. It sucks to cancel my meteor shower to dodge.
- I have no problems playing the crazy 50% quickness and cleverly crowd controlling chrono but, if my group is gonna do kittenpoor damage after tucking themselves in every corners and wait for the opportunity to surprise the enemy, I’d rather do some damage and have the ability to soak it when I’m up against them alone.
- Reaper is in a middle ground (kitten necro). They have damage, cleave, crowd control, non projectile range attack, projectile blocking, boon stripping, innate resilience, so many pets, group condi removal, vertical blink. They can do any versatile roles and solo all the trap, in a pug.
- Condi reaper is good. You can kill things and kite them all days. You can occasionally cleave with your beautiful epidemic. You don’t have to worry about not contributing enough dps to your group. But power reaper is better; they smash faces and carry a bad pug group. Those kinds of pug that still use meta strategy of year 2013 empowered by the meta builds for raids (emphasis on raid) but oblivious to fractal mechanics? Yep, them.
- The Power Reaper groups trash mobs for them, disables them by blinding, daze and knocking down while their teammates can have an easy time to do their meta DPS rotation. Like, an ele doesn’t have to go into defensive mode if the adds focus on them? And they can unleash their powerful staff moves? Good for them.
- The Power Reaper provides a handsome pet when tank is needed – guilt free. Not saying that the condi reaper can’t use Flesh Golden but they are gonna cry a bit inside without their favorite jagged horrors.
- The Power Reaper has Might, the Condi Reaper looks at the PS war in their group.
- The Power Reaper walks out of the fractals feeling good; like they just finish a good workout no matter how their pug experience went. They are independent men and women. They are not gonna sit down and whine a kittenton in guild chat about how bad their pugs are, and beg for a guild group.
- I was a non-believer until the Power Reaper carries me so hard at the Mushroom Queen UP in Tangled Depth. Now i ditch my tempest and become a Power Reaper.

Disclaimer: A satire post. Most of the empowerment can be accomplished by understanding the mechanics properly and some experience in low manning fractals. Can do with all classes but reaper just makes it easiest on high level fractals. True fact: Spock carried me and Jeremy (former SC mesmer) at the freakish mushroom HP so the power of carry is real. Spoj is like the most darling and talented reaper i have seen in this game. Look him up, a lot of good stuffs.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Iris Ng.9845

Auto correct is so bad it makes me face palm. I can’t even edit the post on my phone. RIP, Spockj.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I don’t main a necro, but I can tell you this (as someone who regularly runs T4s):

Last night I ran T4 volcanic with two reapers and 1 necro (myself a mesmer, and not sure what the other pug was).

I have never ever seen the end-boss (and his little lava eles) get killed so quickly and his ‘bubble’ burst so fast – I mean like the bubble goes up and <2 seconds later it’s gone lol.

I did see a bunch of minions and so I know somebody(s) were running them. But not sure of the specifics of the necro builds.

So basically YES necros rock in high-level fractals (at least for pugging).

Iris Ng.9845

Necro’s dagger MH has a superb attack speed on par with the thief’s dagger for being the fastest at breaking the shaman’s bubble. The bunch of extra minions are probably from Death Magic; they soak damage and cleave like crazy, so definitely good on that fractal.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Necros are fine. They bring powerful group support tools like Vampiric Aura and Transfusion and they have Epidemic, one of the best utilities in the game if the party is built to abuse it.

Just make sure you don’t use an Axe and you’ll be fine.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Of course they are. I never had any problems in any way with any class to get into. Not in fracrals, dungeons or even raids (as long as it is more or less meta aka dps, condi or heal).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

The base necro? I don’t really see too many of those around to judge…Reaper brings too many goodies to the table not to take it.

Reaper allows most anyone to survive the harder content as it’s very forgiving and the extra HP pool soaks up a lot of missed dodges. T4 that I would normally get my kitten handed to me on my Ele, is a breeze with Reaper.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Play the game PWI as an assassin. Factions (guilds) and chat group constantly use “No sins” (assassin class).

Wait really? Back when I played, 5 aps sin was the gold standard for PvE dps, along with the party-wide celestial bloodpaint.

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Wait really? Back when I played, 5 aps sin was the gold standard for PvE dps, along with the party-wide celestial bloodpaint.

Hey, I remember that game. I really ought to log in and see how things are these days.
That said, 5APS was fazed out with later instance introductions. Its still usable for instances without, but a lot of the newer ones favor DPH/Skill use over APS.

That said, I havent seen cases here where necros aren’t wanted in an instance unless the party itself wants to fill spots in a specific way.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Hey, I remember that game. I really ought to log in and see how things are these days.
That said, 5APS was fazed out with later instance introductions. Its still usable for instances without, but a lot of the newer ones favor DPH/Skill use over APS.

That said, I havent seen cases here where necros aren’t wanted in an instance unless the party itself wants to fill spots in a specific way.

Every now and then I think about logging in. Then I remember the forum thread with people discussing how many 10s of thousands of dollars they spent gearing their characters in rank 9, and I decide not to log in after all.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Every now and then I think about logging in. Then I remember the forum thread with people discussing how many 10s of thousands of dollars they spent gearing their characters in rank 9, and I decide not to log in after all.

Not to mention the new expansion classes that are supposedly even more stupidly overpowered than the last ones. Like something similar to a seeker with higher DPS that can also cast skills while moving. I haven’t touched that game in almost 3 years…and not even the thickest pair of rose tinted glasses can entice me back.

As far as necros, Power reaper is my jam. I haven’t done any fractals with him (my druid is my fractal slave) but he rocks dungeons. Reapers are pretty terrible at stealth skips though, especially if you have an incompetent thief who lets the stealth drop too early.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The base necro? I don’t really see too many of those around to judge…Reaper brings too many goodies to the table not to take it.

Reaper allows most anyone to survive the harder content as it’s very forgiving and the extra HP pool soaks up a lot of missed dodges. T4 that I would normally get my kitten handed to me on my Ele, is a breeze with Reaper.

One of the reasons I started to play necro. With zerker ele (my main) high fractals are often massive pain when the party doesn’t give kitten about playing decently. Seriously, even at 90+, there are way too many guards that don’t use WoR or rifle warrs etc. With necro I can take manymore hits than ele and I can boon corrupt like crazy.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr