Are the "explore" modes made for primarily 70/80s?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hirkin.8923

Hirkin.8923

I had only done 2 story modes before I hit 80 and now that my gear is full exotic, I thought I’d go play around in the dungeons the past 2 days. Only one group had been able to clear 1 path in AC (#2) and it was 3 other 80s and someone around 70.

When I’ve tried paths 1, 2 and 3 with only one other 80 and some 40ish+ people, the bosses wipe the floor with us (or the bugs kill “x” before we can kill their 500 mounds).

I know Anet didn’t want to keep the trinity, but it feels like I’m just playing whack-a mole with rezzing whichever 2-3 people happen to be down at any given moment. Please tell me that I’ve just had bad groups, because I honestly don’t want to ever step into a dungeon in this game after this.

Hirkin – 80 Guardian – SBI – [TB]
Hirkun – 80 Ranger – SBI – [TB]

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Need to be 80 and have good defensive gear and abilities. I seriously doubt level 40’s can do this in exploration mode.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: Zingery.2073

Zingery.2073

Explorable mode is the hard-mode if you wish. And I would think its for 70-80. Its supposed to be hard, and require alot of effort to accomplish.

Pugs will wipe a couple of times in these types of dungeons, until they start coordinating.. You probably just had bad groups.

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

Just bad groups.

But I must say if you are looking for good groups. The chances of getting good folks will be higher if you look for lv80 players.

Posted by: Zinkey.6983

Zinkey.6983

Although being at 70/80 does give many advantages both in gear/traits and gameplay experience. AC explorable is perfectly doable with a well coordinated team of 40s.

Anet have stated (and in my experience this is very true) that Explorables are designed to be done with coordinated groups (voice com ideal), where people spec to synergise with each other using combo fields etc.

Having a decent few players who bring flexible specs to handle what the dungeon has, coordinate conditions and boons, food buffs will make your dungeon runs much much smoother.

Me and my friends cleared AC path 1 explorable in 31 mins with 3 people, myself and a guardian both at 80 and a level 45 mesmer.

As a note PUG groups in general are not run and set up very well and more often than not will be a complete headache. If you are interested in dungeons finding a nice PvE guild is the best thing I could reccomend. Also dont think that all guilds are super hardcore and not fun, being prepared and organised doesnt take the fun out of the game :P

Posted by: Joel.6587

Joel.6587

If they are the “hard” mode of the dungeon and you pretty much have to be 70-80 to run then you shouldnt be able to start running AC at lv35.