As a newbie, how do I get into fractals?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Fractals of the Mists look interesting, but since they first released I have always been too intimidated to try them. I don’t even know where to begin.
I’m not willing to grind or craft for a perfect set of ascended gear—will I ever be able to do Fractals without it? Or do all Fractals groups require super specific gear on each player?
In terms of combat itself—learning boss mechanics, dodging, ect, I have no problem. But I despise having to pay close attention to every specific and stat of my gear; or having to pay a large sum of gold to get the right gear to participate. Advise?

Posted by: Crackers.9628

Crackers.9628

You can do lower level fractals without ascended gear. Maybe try to find a group to run with, pugging can be very painful.

(edited by Crackers.9628)

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Tier 1 up to maybe level 20-25 where agony kicks in is zero agony.Just join and do dps rotation help your team and have fun.If you wish to go above 20 i highly recommend farming ascended.

Posted by: billtherebel.8127

billtherebel.8127

In Tier 1 you don’t need agony resistance (only apllied to ascended gear) until lvl 20+, so you can start with no ascended gear. By the time you reach that point you’ll have enough relics to buy ascended rings, start building agony resistance and continue from there. All in all, ascended trinkets are easy to get so you can easily get around 50 AR, which will allow to do fractals around lvl 40.
To answer your question, you shouldn’t be intimidated, jut jump in and enjoy yourself.

Posted by: sokeenoppa.5384

sokeenoppa.5384

Mechanics are The most important Part. You dont need to Master them on low tiers, but looking some youtube videos or dulfy page wont Hurt.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

are u in eu or na?

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I suuggest working on your personal level to around 50 eg do a few levels a day. then do recommended daily fractal, then boost ur AR to 150 ( you are welcome to pm me how to get that) and try T4 straight after you get 150 AR.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Fallesafe.5932

Fallesafe.5932

Fractals of the Mists look interesting, but since they first released I have always been too intimidated to try them. I don’t even know where to begin.
I’m not willing to grind or craft for a perfect set of ascended gear—will I ever be able to do Fractals without it? Or do all Fractals groups require super specific gear on each player?
In terms of combat itself—learning boss mechanics, dodging, ect, I have no problem. But I despise having to pay close attention to every specific and stat of my gear; or having to pay a large sum of gold to get the right gear to participate. Advise?

Let me try to address all the points you raised. There are 100 levels to the fractal system. But there are only 16 different fractals. They just repeat in more annoying and more tedious forms. After level 20, you start encountering agony; and need increasing amounts of agony resistance. That’s where the ascended gear comes in (each piece of ascended gear has slots for agony infusions — where exotic gear does not). But, prior to level 20, you don’t need a lick of agony resistance. And there’s no reason why you can’t just jump in and do it right now.

Most people in the tier 1 fractals are learning just like you. If you want to get ahead of the curve, then go to this YouTube channel and check out the mechanics that are involved in each fractal. It’s really easy. Just jump in and start doing them. There’s nothing to be intimidated about. If you want to send me a message in game, I’ll do them with you.

https://m.youtube.com/user/DeroirGaming

Posted by: Orry.1297

Orry.1297

My advice would be to look in the LFG tool for fractals. People will post groups and the description will be a number or numbers, these numbers will be the fractal levels the group is planning to do. If the number is in the range 1 to 19 just join one of those groups as agony resist, and therefore ascended gear, is not required. By playing these fractals you will acquire agony resistance infusions and increased access to ascended trinkets which will allow you to continue to progress in fractals past fractal level 20.