Ascalonian Catacombs P2 still bugged...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

all good until the Room of Pits part where you need to defend Detha from the gravelings.. We killed the champion without using the traps and the event fails and we can’t proceed. We killed it 5-6 times and still nothing.

We reseted the whole dungeon and restarted again…and we got the same problem.

Third time is the charm….. On the third time we managed to finally proceed from there with success but guess what…. Detha bugged in the Hall of Champions part where we need to defend her traps. She was just following people around like an idiot without activating the next part. We had her killed from the gravelings, still nothing, we all died went in the hall again with her… still nothing…..

Any chance to get a fix on that ? I find no point of even trying to do p2 with these bugs.

(edited by angan.6572)

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Spike pit part isn’t a bug, sadly. Anet decided to “update” so you actually have to fight the breeder. Personally I felt the traps were more engaging. It was a way to defeat the boss without even using a single attack, plus it required the team to have a bit of coordination or else it could easily fail. Best of all, it was a refreshing change from the rest of the “stack and attack” tactics.

Apparently the devs don’t like diversity.

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

Spike pit part isn’t a bug, sadly. Anet decided to “update” so you actually have to fight the breeder. Personally I felt the traps were more engaging. It was a way to defeat the boss without even using a single attack, plus it required the team to have a bit of coordination or else it could easily fail. Best of all, it was a refreshing change from the rest of the “stack and attack” tactics.

Apparently the devs don’t like diversity.

The think is we killed it like 5-6 times without the traps.. and still nothing. The event fails and we couldn’t proceed

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Did you kill enough gravelings with the traps aswell though? There are two requirements for that event. Kill the breeder and kill a certain amount of gravelings with the traps.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Making players guess how to advance in a path is a wonderful mechanic.

Especially when doing things correctly still doesn’t work reliably.

gg ANet.

Any chance to get a fix on that ? I find no point of even trying to do p2 with these bugs.

Sure, should be fixed in about 18 months.

spoj.9672

It says quite clearly in the top right what you are supposed to do. Reading is an exploit i guess.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

It says quite clearly in the top right what you are supposed to do. Reading is an exploit i guess.

It says they have to be killed by the traps? Or just killed?

spoj.9672

Dont remember. But the bar clearly doesnt fill when you kill without traps. x)

Posted by: Trevino.2034

Trevino.2034

Running AC p2 right now with a group, and we’re trying to speak to Detha in the last room but she is glitched and won’t start the event. don’t know what we have to do. took her to die, revived her, and she is still bugged.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Detha has a tendency to bug if you skip everything on the way to that last room. I stopped skipping that stuff a while back because it wasn’t worth the risk to me, and I have never had her bug since. Its just maybe two extra minutes.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Running AC p2 right now with a group, and we’re trying to speak to Detha in the last room but she is glitched and won’t start the event. don’t know what we have to do. took her to die, revived her, and she is still bugged.

Just make sure she’s out of combat before starting that event and you should be fine next time. This bug has been there since launch I’m afraid.

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Detha has a tendency to bug if you skip everything on the way to that last room. I stopped skipping that stuff a while back because it wasn’t worth the risk to me, and I have never had her bug since. Its just maybe two extra minutes.

No, that’s not it.

What bugs her in my experience is all party members being too far from her (say, at pillars or walls) when finishing her dialog with the ghost captain. I stand next to her until she finishes talking, then run to the trap, she always follows. Never had her bug since I’ve been doing that, in 20-30 runs.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

after the Champion Breeder trap phase, try to wait a while until Detha says “OK, that’s enough bait bla bla bla….” before moving on…

that may reduce the possibility of Detha bugging in the last room, where the ghost she is supposed to talk to doesn’t appear…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK