Ascalonian Catacombs - p1 - solo

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

Could someone tell me how to soloing this path?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

As far as I know, you can’t,

unless someone has an amazing strat for the burrow event.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Did they ever make any change to the burrow? Consider people can solo it before(check youtube). I’m not sure why they can’t solo it now.

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

I could snatch a tip: something like walking on the ceiling…..any clue?

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You don’t have to complete the burrow event for the path to be completed.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

We’re not going to post telling you how to exploit the path.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

We’re not going to post telling you how to exploit the path.

you can solo it without using any exploits (or you used to be able to) and as long as you can solo the spider queen its easy from there, the burrows are a small challenge but very easy once you learn how
edit: there a videos showing solos both pre and post ac nerf

(edited by Clumsy.6257)

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m aware of that Clumsy. He’s asking how to exploit it.

I could snatch a tip: something like walking on the ceiling.….any clue?

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

I’m aware of that Clumsy. He’s asking how to exploit it.

I could snatch a tip: something like walking on the ceiling.….any clue?

ah skipped over that post and it would probably be easier to just solo it without exploits then spend time trying to figure that out

Mesket.5728

Im taking about the burrow event where you find the first piece of the scepter, where you have to keep Hodgins alive. How you solo that I’m not sure, neither how to continue the path without doing it and without exploits

Posted by: eirewolf.2041

eirewolf.2041

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Im taking about the burrow event where you find the first piece of the scepter, where you have to keep Hodgins alive. How you solo that I’m not sure, neither how to continue the path without doing it and without exploits

That was the event I was talking about.

Brazil

Mesket.5728

How do you go on without this event? is the question we’ve been asking since the beginning of the thread. Do you really know or are you just trolling for sport?

The Mexican Cookie.3690

How do you go on without this event? is the question we’ve been asking since the beginning of the thread. Do you really know or are you just trolling for sport?

AC P1 is up there as one of the more exploitable paths, same tier as Arah. There are quite a lot of people that sell paths with said methods, mostly on EU though because apparently the EU playerbase are much more avid exploiters than NA.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

That would involve telling you how to exploit by using what is likely to be terrain glitches. No I do not know how it is done and I don’t think it should be publicly revealed on the forums.

(edited by mosspit.8936)

Mesket.5728

That would involve telling you how to exploit by using what is likely to be terrain glitches. No I do not know how it is done and I don’t think it should be publicly revealed on the forums.

I asked specifically how do you do it without exploits. So I guess he was trolling after all.

If so, then my previous answer was correct; unless there is a smart strat against that event, it can’t be solo.

Mesket.5728

AC P1 is up there as one of the more exploitable paths, same tier as Arah. There are quite a lot of people that sell paths with said methods, mostly on EU though because apparently the EU playerbase are much more avid exploiters than NA.

lol who would’ve guessed that. I always thought EU servers were more “fair-players”.

It’s a shame there is no AC path to legitimately solo(*). I love Kholer + “random” adds fight.

(*) Assuming P2 needs at least more than 1 for the chains event and final boss (ray guns) and P3 has a similar problem with the ghosts essence gathering event.

mosspit.8936

I asked specifically how do you do it without exploits. So I guess he was trolling after all.

If so, then my previous answer was correct; unless there is a smart strat against that event, it can’t be solo.

If you want a legit method, check out the elementalist solo eirewolf linked.

That event is part of a dungeon path progression unlike kholer. The notion of progressing without doing the said event IS an exploit. But if you aren’t happy with this answer then so be it.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

P2 can be done if you are fine with Detha collecting trap essence (or whatever) at slightly different spot (she still gets attacked).

Mesket.5728

P2 can be done if you are fine with Detha collecting trap essence (or whatever) at slightly different spot (she still gets attacked).

but the final boss is a real pain to solo, it doesn’t hit much and its very easy to dodge but the ray gun requires 2 people shooting (one has to use 1 to raise the ghost ooze and another has to use 2 to pull it to the trap; I don’t know if doing it really fast lets you raise and pull the ooze into the trap with only one gun. I tried it but my Argentinian lag won’t let me).

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If you try and activate the other laser while channeling 1 it will activate a brief interrupt cooldown on both. So you cant solo pull oozes. The way you do it solo is aggro the oozes and just raise them up when they wander over to the trap. Dont know if that involves aggroing the boss aswell though.

Mesket.5728

That event is part of a dungeon path progression unlike kholer. The notion of progressing without doing the said event IS an exploit. But if you aren’t happy with this answer then so be it.

Lucky for me, answers in a forum (or the video game itself) doesn’t trigger my emotions.

Kholer was a complete separate comment. The only thing to discuss is if the burrows event in P1 is or not skip able with no exploits. So far the answer remains no.

Ps. I’m not in favor or against skipping this event. Just want to know if its possible exploit free cause I’d be willing to give it a try on my own.

Mesket.5728

If you try and activate the other laser while channeling 1 it will activate a brief interrupt cooldown on both. So you cant solo pull oozes. The way you do it solo is aggro the oozes and just raise them up when they wander over to the trap. Dont know if that involves aggroing the boss aswell though.

So raising them on the trap alone will do the trick. Nice to know. Ty for the input.

mosspit.8936

Lucky for me, answers in a forum (or the video game itself) doesn’t trigger my emotions.

Kholer was a complete separate comment. The only thing to discuss is if the burrows event in P1 is or not skip able with no exploits. So far the answer remains no.

Ps. I’m not in favor or against skipping this event. Just want to know if its possible exploit free cause I’d be willing to give it a try on my own.

Yes I am well aware since you have mentioned the bolded part more than enough times. The “happy” I was referring to was more of a “If you are not satisfied” definition and not to trigger any emotional response.

It is just semantics as I treat what you are asking for a contradiction. The definition of skipping the burrows event itself is an exploit. The method itself whether skipping it legit or via exploit doesn’t matter

Mesket.5728

Yes I am well aware since you have mentioned the bolded part more than enough times. The “happy” I was referring to was more of a “If you are not satisfied” definition and not to trigger any emotional response.

It is just semantics as I treat what you are asking for a contradiction. The definition of skipping the burrows event itself is an exploit. The method itself whether skipping it legit or via exploit doesn’t matter

Yes but I wanted to be clear anyway since that kind of semantic might kill a kid in the forums. Everytime you place the words “exploit” and “skip” in the same post, someone has a stroke.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have already killed Ghost Eater solo and it wasn’t too bad.

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Actually, the only thing to discuss is whether or not p1 can be solo’d, event or not. That’s the purpose of the thread, not the specific piece you’ve cherrypicked out to be discussed.

Mesket.5728

Actually, the only thing to discuss is whether or not p1 can be solo’d, event or not. That’s the purpose of the thread, not the specific piece you’ve cherrypicked out to be discussed.

Seriously?

Ok, ill give you 30 minutes so you do your own analysis. It seems you need it.

When you do realize that this event in particular is the only thing that would limit yourself for doing this path alone, let us know. Don’t surprise yourself if you find the room empty and the lights off.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Im not sure if this still works or if its legit (i dont see why not) but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcyxhU6Kd6A
at 2:50
(warning he is a clicker)

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

So… you don’t have to do Library with Hodgins, and Spider Queen can be skipped.

All you do is collect scepter pieces and kill end boss? What a farce. Easiest path ever.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Dont think you can skip spider queen anymore. Atleast not like that. That vid is from before the rework.

Young Somalia.1706

Jump over the door. I didn’t even watch the video so I don’t know what’s in it.

[LOD]

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

yeah you cant skip the spider i was showing the video for just the burrow part bc spider is easy to solo anyways.

Young Somalia.1706

WHAT HAPPENS IN THE VIDEO? Because its unavailable on mobile.

But I’m telling you, the door is jumpable. I could give you a screenshot…in 2 days.

[LOD]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You don’t have to kill the Spider Queen in order for path 1 to be completed, even after the patch.

Brazil