Ascended +5 Agony Upgrade

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Why does this remove the current infused upgrade? I spent 30 gold on getting my first infusion upgrade on my first Ascended Ring, then I find out if I want to get the +5 agony upgrade, it will remove my current infusion upgrade…

Is there plans of changing this?

Pretty stupid IMO

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The game generates a completely new item when throwing something into the mystic toilet.

The upside is that it is not soulbound and can be vendored or salvaged.

The downside is that you lose any previously installed upgrade.

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

While the wiki makes it abundantly clear that you will lose your infusion-slot upgrade when upgrading an item, this is still problematic mostly due to the stupidly high material value of non-laurel infusions. It’s very easy to conceive of players who jumped the gun and created an infusion immediately before it was apparent that the infusion slot is vacated through the Mystic Forge upgrading system.

Possible fixes would be:

To not use the Mystic Toilet for important recipes like this one. There are enormous limitations to the Forge’s system, and this is an obvious product of one such limitation. Either implement a new system not tied to the Mystic Toilet, or rework the existing system.

Implement a tool to remove infusion slot upgrades. Current methods of doing so are limited to salvaging and transmutation, and neither is applicable to ascended gear. This should not be tied to the gem store. Personally, I’d recommend making it purchasable for Pristine Relics. If you need to remove an infusion-slot upgrade, then you’re almost certainly at Fractal level 10+, and it gives us something to do with those useless relics.

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Wait…people actually spend MONEY on the infusion slots for non-infused ascended rings? When you can go run like…two levels of Fractals and get one for virtually free?

Pvp.2758

Wait…people actually spend MONEY on the infusion slots for non-infused ascended rings? When you can go run like…two levels of Fractals and get one for virtually free?

you must be a pve warrior

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

People will spend months of grinding and MUCH more gold for a skin with no extra stats. So yes, people will spend gold for 5 extra stats. If you do it to every piece it adds up. And you might as well do it as the gear comes out instead of all at once so the cost is spread out.

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

you must be …hmmm… not so bright.
Get the 75 fotm token one and move on and stop moaning, it’s basically free.

No problem here at all.

Pvp.2758

Get the 75 fotm token one and move on and stop moaning, it’s basically free.

No problem here at all.

Mighty Infusion is BiS

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

You need 4 of those ridiculous infusions to increase your Crit chance by 1% – Dont think i will be investing thank you very much.

Actually 4 × 5 prec = 20 precision

1% crit = 21 precision so its still not quite there

laharl.8435

You need 4 of those ridiculous infusions to increase your Crit chance by 1% – Dont think i will be investing thank you very much.

Actually 4 × 5 prec = 20 precision

1% crit = 21 precision so its still not quite there

Many people will. Many people are at endgame and have nothing else to spend on.

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

True – so it’s a gold sink, not really an upgrade

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

People will spend months of grinding and MUCH more gold for a skin with no extra stats. So yes, people will spend gold for 5 extra stats. If you do it to every piece it adds up. And you might as well do it as the gear comes out instead of all at once so the cost is spread out.

Wrong the current infusions are only blue and they said there will be better infusions over time. So its a waste tbh.

Also +5 power is nothing. Lets say you have 3k attack and add another 5 power its ~0,16% more damage. So even if you have +5 in every slot possible one day, its only ~1% more damage.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

laharl.8435

Wrong the current infusions are only blue and they said there will be better infusions over time. So its a waste tbh.

Also +5 power is nothing. Lets say you have 3k attack and add another 5 power its ~0,16% more damage. So even if you have +5 in every slot possible one day, its only ~1% more damage.

Yep, it’s call min/maxing.

Also, where did where did you see them say they’re releasing better ones? Not saying you’re lying, I’d just like to read the info.