Ascended Chest drop rates have been nerfed ?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Maikky.8526

Maikky.8526

Done all 3 brackets for the past week 0 chest, some rings

What a game

Posted by: hulmen.8713

hulmen.8713

So anet said fractal rewards will be GREATER in HoT than before…

Have anyone receieved any ascended or weapon chest in new fractal system? Also, do you think reward level affects it?

Posted by: Gaesesagai.9421

Gaesesagai.9421

This is Anet we’re talking here
I bet the ascended weapon/armor chests now drop starting from level 101

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

I had a zojja’s weapon chest drop from 21-50 daily the first day, haven’t seen anything since.

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

Also saw it… Before HoT if nothing drooped from 49-50 I could considerate it bad luck for team. Now it is preety normal that nothing drop…

So much any rewards… Even last time I opened encryption I got behind on money…

Posted by: Howl.2498

Howl.2498

Has anyone gotten anything after reaching fractal mastery 4? When I had fractal mastery 1, I was getting ascended rings every day from the dailies, but ever since reaching fractal mastery 4, I haven’t gotten so much as a single ring from any of the last 13 or so fractal dailies I’ve done. Could just be bad luck, though. Too soon to tell.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I had some healer boots drop. Again.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Haven’t gotten anything, though that’s nothing new. Before I was getting one ascended chest about once every 3 weeks or so.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I’ve had a grand total of two uninfused rings, zero fractal weapon skins, zero golden weapon skins, zero ascended weapons and zero ascended armour pieces from any of the chests i’ve gotten. And i’ve had full fractal masteries since the first day.

People always link what they get, and so far i’ve only seen a handful of people get a ring, and haven’t heard of anybody i know getting armour, but i did see one weapons chest that a guildie linked in chat.

Fractals have been ruined so badly.

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

One of my friends had one gloves chest, and we’ve done all the dailies since HoT released. Whilst RN pre-patch HoT had a rate of ~15% at lvl50 and normally someone from our group would get a chest at least every other day.

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Ty for the thread. I guess the take-home message for me is to not spend much time on fractals anymore since ascended box has always been the biggest incentive.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

oh boy no drops for a week? poor you. I was lucky if I got one every few months back when I actually gave enough kittens to run fractals.

Thankfully the fractal skin vendor arrived and gave me the skin I’ve been hunting for several years and there’s no reason to go back.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Nerfed? NERFED?!? Dude, they weren’t nerfed. They were completely obliterated.

Posted by: Faoiltiarna.4271

Faoiltiarna.4271

Well, nerfed is a really light way of saying it….

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

But you all keep grinding it out. ANET: “Mission accomplished.”

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

1 ring so far, that’s it.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Since the HoT launch we had 3 ring drops in our whole guild. No armor or weapon boxes, of course.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: kimboo.2518

kimboo.2518

Insert Southpark Cable company guys here

Thanks Anet for the HYPE filled with disappointments, wheres the incentives you guys were talking about, sure its near we can put more AR into our gear, but for what reason if the content does not feel rewarding enough as you have claimed it to be Pre release

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

If Anet said they were going to up the percentage but instead lowered it, then they’re straight-up lying to their players.

No word/replies to this is also adding to the amount of disrespect they show.

Posted by: Ripkord.8567

Ripkord.8567

If Anet said they were going to up the percentage but instead lowered it, then they’re straight-up lying to their players.

/sign

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

You guys should’ve known that when Anet makes ’’challenging’’ khantent, the rewards are going to be 1/5 of Vinewrath and 1/100 of 30min doing Chest Farm, and let’s not talk about meta events like Triple Trouble or Tangled Depths…

I said it in another topic and I’m really scared about what raids will offer and how expensive the legendary armors will be considering the horror that was Night Fury…

Posted by: Faoiltiarna.4271

Faoiltiarna.4271

Yeah i am feeling scared about raids now… and it is the only piece of content that i actually care about now since fractals got gutted.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away:

- completing Fractal 20 reward: Asc weapon chest
- daily reward 1-20: Asc armor chest
- completing daily 15 reward: Asc ring

luck vs rng or rng vs luck , dunno…

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: thebigspoon.1953

thebigspoon.1953

Haven’t seen an armor or weapon box yet, but I’ve had a few rings (always swimming in them since RNJesus loves me) and a fractal skin drop in the sub-50 levels. Hoping that changes in the future since I want to gear my alts and light armor crafting is a joke.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Haven’t seen an armor or weapon box yet, but I’ve had a few rings (always swimming in them since RNJesus loves me) and a fractal skin drop in the sub-50 levels. Hoping that changes in the future since I want to gear my alts and light armor crafting is a joke.

Ascended armor should’ve cost the same 400g like it was back in December 2013…

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

Maybe the PR affects the daily chests rewards?

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Maybe the PR affects the daily chests rewards?

Unless the lower pr you got the better the loot I don’t think pr really affects the drop rates.

Posted by: Kantalope.5037

Kantalope.5037

Nobody that I’ve run with since HoT released has gotten an ascended piece to drop from the daily (excluding rings). And considering you have to blow up a minimum of 3 pieces of ascended gear for the tier 1 precursor to the legendary fractal back piece, it’s absolute nonsense.

Maikky.8526

Incoming “Road Map” excuse from anyone who dares question ANet !

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

You guys should’ve known that when Anet makes ’’challenging’’ khantent, the rewards are going to be 1/5 of Vinewrath and 1/100 of 30min doing Chest Farm, and let’s not talk about meta events like Triple Trouble or Tangled Depths…

I said it in another topic and I’m really scared about what raids will offer and how expensive the legendary armors will be considering the horror that was Night Fury…

lol one raid a week, and you know they don’t like giving out precursors let alone legendaries…….I assume that for awhile loot complaints in raids are going to be even worse than they are right now for fractals.

Maikky.8526

“Challenging Content” aka increase the HP of everything and decrease rewards cause gating is challenging content .

Mah skill-cap

Posted by: Serephy.6271

Serephy.6271

This!
Come one, let’s push Anet for answers on the matter!
Bug? Purpose?
Right now I’d even hope they would say “uninted bug” to not disappoint us and reupp the rates. Pretty please?

Posted by: Prime Greek.1092

Prime Greek.1092

I think ANET is pushing to make money by creating Gold and Mat sinks, while minimizing ROR (Return on Rewards) for new game play. The truth is too many people (myself included) had stashed too much gold and Mats over the past 3 years and we were not moving it into the game market. So much Gold and Mats sitting on the sidelines was not good for the GW2 economy. This was mentioned several times by the developers.

By creating all these Gold and Mat sinks (precursor creation, new Ascended recipes with more expensive mat requirements, reduced rewards from Dungeons, Fractals, etc, the player base will be forced to invest in Gems to covert to Gold.

I think that this is a big mistake.
IMO ANET is driving people further and further away from the game.

Fewer Rewards = Fewer People Playing = Fewer GEMs sold = More Nerfing to Force People to by Gems = Even Fewer Rewards = Even Fewer People playing = Even Fewer Gems sold = More Nerfing …..etc. etc.

This is not a good game model or business model.

ANET may be better off to come out and say that the play for free model is not working, and start charging a monthly fee, and thus restore the rewards and improve RNG to the player base and not depend on GEM purchases to fund their game.

Minx.7521

I can see the gold/material sinks but uh, this screws over their new players more than their old players like someone else said, therefore creating a bigger gap between the rich and the poor.

Also, I would not mind monthly sub fee to play. They need to un-nerf dungeon rewards + fractal rewards >.>

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Looks like there were multiple threads on this.

Run fractals with a regular group and not really noticing any issues with drop rates when the group has been sharing what they got. Still seeing ascended: rings, infused, weapon boxes and armor chests and fractal skins. Had a member even this week get a precursor drop on the Uncategorized fractal.

Have had guildies be hit by what appears to be DR. After they actively did other activities between runs they were getting rings, and armor boxes where before they were just getting emp. stars. Are you just running straight fractals or mixing it with other activities too?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

You can do the 40 molten farm. It’s like spider farm but less boring cuz people die often.

Minx.7521

what is the 40 molten farm? what exactly is being farmed there? o.o

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

You can do the 40 molten farm. It’s like spider farm but less boring cuz people die often.

LMAO

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]