Thaddeus.4891

Forum bug

15 char

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Ascended and raid.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

No he mean that usually good players tend to have good gear. Because good player know that game, play more often and want to get the best gear.

Going after ascended don’t make you a better players. But good players usually have ascended gear.

Can’t agree to this too. I do believe players who have full ascended might have spent more time on the game or valued different goals over someone who doesn’t have full ascended. I wouldn’t say they are better necessary.

No no, you understood it in reserve. Nobody is saying that making or having ascended gear make you a better player. I’m saying it the other way around.

We talking about raid here. If you are a good players, the chance is that you spend a lot of time in Fractal and Dungeon, which will give you the amount of gold and ascended chest to have a full ascended chest.

It doesn’t mean that it make you a good players, just that the vast majority of good players spend enough time in the game in the right place to get ascended armors.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

Ironically the best and most skilled players in this game are broke and don´t have ascended armor because all they do is play pvp and WvW.

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Ironically the best and most skilled players in this game are broke and don´t have ascended armor because all they do is play pvp and WvW.

Interesting.

Now if you could point me to where you got this info from? Last I checked, most serious wvw players have been decked out in full ascended for 2 years now.

Pvp players have enough spare gold from not spending any and getting ascended chests out their %^&** thanks to pvp reward title tracks.

But yes, must be true if you say so.

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Most hilarious post of the year

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

@ Torolan
I was referring to the history of threads relating to Difficulty, not the history of threads about Raids in particular.

Lemme rephrase to avoid getting caught up in terminology. If folks rebuked the difficulty of Fractals before, Fractals are still rebuked without a major content overhaul. It hasn’t somehow retroactively become a superior product than it is, just because folks are scraping for measuring sticks and a way to justify them.

@ Thread
I get it, using Gear as a shorthand for Experience is a tried and true tradition.
But, I just don’t agree it’s the right fit for this game.

In GW2 there isn’t a nice neat little staircase of progression that directly ties advancing design with higher tiers of gear. After Fractals, much of fight design was advanced through the Living Story. For a while, the design philosophy was maturing without any real connection to higher tiers of gear at all. It wasn’t until recently that Ascended gear started appearing as a LS reward, and even now it’s only a fraction of stat combinations.

Because of that, the next step down in fight-design, doesn’t really yield the next step down of gear. So Gear doesn’t really serve as a good shorthand for Experience.

Look, I’m not saying you can’t abide by this mess if you want.
I just can’t accept a system that glosses over the nuances of acquisition to revere ascended gear for it’s own sake – because I will be goddarned if I let social pressure tell me to put some credit card jockey on a pedestal.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Hawke.1094

Hawke.1094

@ Thread
I get it, using Gear as a shorthand for Experience is a tried and true tradition.
But, I just don’t agree it’s the right fit for this game.

In GW2 there isn’t a nice neat little staircase of progression that directly ties advancing design with higher tiers of gear. After Fractals, much of fight design was advanced through the Living Story. For a while, the design philosophy was maturing without any real connection to higher tiers of gear at all. It wasn’t until recently that Ascended gear started appearing as a LS reward, and even now it’s only a fraction of stat combinations.

Because of that, the next step down in fight-design, doesn’t really yield the next step down of gear. So Gear doesn’t really serve as a good shorthand for Experience.

Look, I’m not saying you can’t abide by this mess if you want.
I just can’t accept a system that glosses over the nuances of acquisition to revere ascended gear for it’s own sake – because I will be goddarned if I let social pressure tell me to put some credit card jockey on a pedestal.

Gear doesnt serve as a good shorthand for experience. That much is true. But at the same time, experience can also be shown in form of gear.

And it’s not that people want you to have ascended gear. People want the best in their group. But how do you test someone skill’s in an online game without spending a massive amount of time?

This might seem like a bad comparison, but lets think of exotic as an associate degree, and ascended as bachelor. While a job can be done perfectly fine with an associate, people will generally prefer those with a bachelor. If that make sense.

(edited by Hawke.1094)

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

The problem is that raids call for specific classes and builds that you might not have ready.

For example, condi warrior wasn’t even a thing until now. And now in order to get an ascended condi war you have to do 20 hours worth of living story achievements and spend 1000+g on the armor and weapons not to mention the vision crystals.

Who knows what other oddball classes that future raids will require?

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I have my full ascended armor only over half complete now, and let me tell you, it took some kittening time. Why? Because I don’t enjoy braindead content. I’ve explored the world of Tyria, witnessed all the big events, tried dungeons and fractals. And then I grew bored. Some people just don’t like running dungeons or doin silverwastes events to farm gold. Unlike raids, its just not challenging. What makes you think someone who spend more time in the silverwastes pressing F will be better at raids then say a PvP player thats actually experienced in combat?

This

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Hawke.1094

Hawke.1094

The problem is that raids call for specific classes and builds that you might not have ready.

For example, condi warrior wasn’t even a thing until now. And now in order to get an ascended condi war you have to do 20 hours worth of living story achievements and spend 1000+g on the armor and weapons not to mention the vision crystals.

Or…you can change the stats of your ascended gear in 5 min with only a couple of gold? I’m pretty sure you can do that.

I have my full ascended armor only over half complete now, and let me tell you, it took some kittening time. Why? Because I don’t enjoy braindead content. I’ve explored the world of Tyria, witnessed all the big events, tried dungeons and fractals. And then I grew bored. Some people just don’t like running dungeons or doin silverwastes events to farm gold. Unlike raids, its just not challenging. What makes you think someone who spend more time in the silverwastes pressing F will be better at raids then say a PvP player thats actually experienced in combat?

This

It doesnt work that way, sadly. Sometimes you cant just do what you think is fun, ignore what you dont like and expect other people to slow down for you. Yes, you dont have to get any ascended, but that doesnt mean other people have to put of with taking you into their raid.

You’re not entitled to such thing without working for it. Online games is like a society, and that’s how it works.

Sure, you paid for the game, you can do whatever you want with it. But others did too, and they can exclude you from their group if they want to. That’s the whole point, they have the right to ask for ascended only, and if you’re excluded, that’s your fault for not working/playing hard enough.

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

Or…you can change the stats of your ascended gear in 5 min with only a couple of gold? I’m pretty sure you can do that.

This

It doesnt work that way, sadly. Sometimes you cant just do what you think is fun, ignore what you dont like and expect other people to slow down for you. Yes, you dont have to get any ascended, but that doesnt mean other people have to put of with taking you into their raid.

You’re not entitled to such thing without working for it. Online games is like a society, and that’s how it works.

Sure, you paid for the game, you can do whatever you want with it. But others did too, and they can exclude you from their group if they want to. That’s the whole point, they have the right to ask for ascended only, and if you’re excluded, that’s your fault for not working/playing hard enough.

I am not saying everyone should allow full exotics. Just that the armor is way to expensive and the price should be lowered. Unlike before raids, ascended stats are needed in parts of the game that arent supposed to be a grind fest. Just put the gold sink into infusions.

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

In my opinion:

• Nerf ascended/legendary to exotic level.
  • Add attribute/rune/sigil swapping to ascended.
  • Swapping requires things unlocked (some way).
  • Make ascended soulbound on equip.
  • Add a mystic force recipe to make ascended gear account bound (so they can be transfered).
  • Add a free rune/sigil swapping to Legendaries.

Play the game, not the inventory.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

But how do you test someone skill’s in an online game without spending a massive amount of time?

In GW2 the best qualification for Raids, is Raids.

Is it really worth trying to establish a precedent that allows for a hideous misattribution, when you could just hold your tongue for a few months and let the problem fix itself?

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Ascended and raid.

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

You mean trash my current power set that has 90g worth of runes and waste spirit shards
every time I want to switch? And possibly seeing condi warrior becoming irrelevant in later raids?

Sounds like a good plan.