Ascended backpieces from Mystic Forge ??

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: fortytwo.3485

fortytwo.3485

First of all , i really like Fractals, really like running them , now to my rant

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/17/gw2-ascended-gear-and-infusion-recipes/

So I find out that infusion and rings i can get by just running fractals , which is good , i like fractals and ascended gear is mandatory for fractal runners. So make sence that ascended gear is reward for doing fractals.

However for backpiece i need to mystic forge them , receiver is

1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence + 250 Philosopher’s Stone/40 Crystal + 50 Glob of Ectoplasm + 250 T6 Fine Crafting material

250 T6 material is insane, you are forcing me to stop playing fractals, instead go and farm for these mats. The thing that appealed to me about Gw2 was if I like activity A , then i can get rewarded by just doing activity A.

Am I wrong , are Ascended backpieces available as drops too in higher level fractals ?

Also why drops instead of tokens ? I hate the RNG of drops, i though the token system is working well for Exp dungeons.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

The back braces you buy with tokens are called “Prototype Fractal Capacitator.” If you look at GW2DB, there are many ascendant back braces called simply “Fractal Capacitator”, which would imply you could improve the prototypes into the full thing.

If not it’s such a blatant P2W I’m just gonna jump ship…

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

You get plenty of money running FOTM. Sell stuff, buy mats. Easy.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

Yeah I’m not spending 50g (for the t6s alone) on mats.

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

Keep doing activity A (the thing you are enjoying) until you earn enough gold (you get plenty, plenty of rares/drops to sell.. even t6 mats) and then buy what you need.. everyone wants everything handed to them on a silver plate lol.

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

Okay how much kitten money do you think the fractals make?
I can do it all day and get maybe 1-2g. so what, you expect me to play low level fractals for a month until I can afford 250 t6 mats?

fortytwo.3485

The back braces you buy with tokens are called “Prototype Fractal Capacitator.”

Atm the Capacitor the vendor sells for 1350 tokens are just exotic without a infusion slot.

And fractals are rewarding but they don’t generate anywhere near the amt of gold that i need to buy 250 T6 mats.

Im not asking for handout, for exp dungeons , you buy everything with tokens except trinkets. And just doing dungeons was enough. Now you have to supplement it with farming mobs in L80 zones for these mats.

All im asking is make ascended items drop from higher lvl fractals or have them available for 2000 tokens or something.

Posted by: Tres.5427

Tres.5427

I’ve gotten a fair bit of T6 mats out of fractals.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

The back braces you buy with tokens are called “Prototype Fractal Capacitator.”

Atm the Capacitor the vendor sells for 1350 tokens are just exotic without a infusion slot.

And fractals are rewarding but they don’t generate anywhere near the amt of gold that i need to buy 250 T6 mats.

Im not asking for handout, for exp dungeons , you buy everything with tokens except trinkets. And just doing dungeons was enough. Now you have to supplement it with farming mobs in L80 zones for these mats.

All im asking is make ascended items drop from higher lvl fractals or have them available for 2000 tokens or something.

You didn’t read my full post.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Okay how much kitten money do you think the fractals make?
I can do it all day and get maybe 1-2g. so what, you expect me to play low level fractals for a month until I can afford 250 t6 mats?

You’re kidding me?

I do it 2 times a day tops, and I can easily make 1-2g off that.

If I want to make even more profit, I could, you know, SELL my crafting materials that I receive (T5 AND T6).

I can also profit off of the AH/TP in between groups.

It’s really not that hard. If you want the easy version this is all you do:
Buy Crude Salvage Kits (or get the 250 Salvage kit from donation).
Salvage everything except Exotics and Greens. (Yes, salvage Yellows.)
Store all collectibles.
Open all bags.
Store all collectibles.
Put ectos in bank.
Sell Greens to merchants.
Put Exotics in Trading Post.
???
Profit.

If you don’t want/use the T5/T6 you have, sell them on the TP for extra profit. Patience is rewarding, don’t expect to make profit immediately.

That’s the easy version, by the way. You can go more in-depth if you want to make that extra 20 copper, but it’s a bit slower.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Depends on the back peice you want. I only spent about 5g for all the T6 mats (already had 50 globs of ecto) for my back peice. I am now saving ectos to get it infused (need 250 ectos, will take me a while).
If you are relatively poor like me then choose a different back peice, not all the T6 mats are 20s+ each. Ancient bones were only 1s80c when I bought nearly 250 of them.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

What are the stats on the backpiece to warrant such a ridiculous cost?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

fortytwo.3485

Depends on the back peice you want. I only spent about 5g for all the T6 mats (already had 50 globs of ecto) for my back peice. I am now saving ectos to get it infused (need 250 ectos, will take me a while).
If you are relatively poor like me then choose a different back peice, not all the T6 mats are 20s+ each. Ancient bones were only 1s80c when I bought nearly 250 of them.

Yeah thats a good tip , I think bones gives 35 Precision, 35 Toughness, 56 Condition Damage, which isn’t too shabby for my build. If i run into Agony before i get my 250 powerful blood , I’ll probably do that.

I don’t get the part about 250 ects for infusion. Simple infusions are only 75 tokens.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

+5 Agony Resist, that’s the real deal.

Posted by: Akacia.1583

Akacia.1583

really this is a joke.

Sure it’s cheap depending on the stats you want and 250 t6 isn’t a big deal, however if you are one of the ones needing to spend upwards of 20s per is a little ridiculous.

Let’s face it asking for 250 of a crafting component is simply nothing more than just to drain your pocket or to make you waste hours upon hours farming.

There really is very, very little thought process put into ingredients for anything in this game

It is no difference from the Legendary weapon skin. Just nonsense and nothing more. Maybe some day they will take a page out of Everquest when it comes to legendary items and actually make it fun and something of a quest to achieve instead of TP purchasing to get your items. (however TP purchasing IS what funds Anet so i guess it is what it is for a reason)

(edited by Akacia.1583)

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

And if you do get it, you are pretty much locked into playing that one character, because another 50G to get it on your alt is absurd.

GW2=GrindWars2

fortytwo.3485

I am now saving ectos to get it infused (need 250 ectos, will take me a while).

Oh wow i didn’t know this version exists too

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Quiver_

1 Endless Quiver + 250 Glob of Ectoplasm +1 Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence +
1 Gift of Ascension

This gives u +5 gony resistance built in , plus ability an infusion slot to put addl +5 resistance in.