Ascended boxes in raids?

Ascended boxes in raids?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

What is drop chance for those, is there any information for it? I try to kill all bosses every week but i have been going for weeks sometimes w/o a single ascended drop (and those that dropped are pretty useless to me -_-).

Ascended boxes in raids?

Shadowstep.6049

Talking about raids…. not fractals….

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

The chance of getting a box from a single T4 run is about 8.4-9.9%, give or take. Although those sound like pretty good odds (and they are), you can still go a long time without seeing an ascended box. 30 days in a row without is somewhat common and some players are going to go longer without seeing one.

Reminder: you can’t get ascended from the bosses, only from the daily “tiered” reward chests. The wording in the original question was ambiguous (I try to kill bosses every week).

Here’s [KING]’s data on drop rates:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

Since they separated out Master/Expert/Adept/Initiate, I thought it would be more helpful to collate the data into what people might expect from running T4 (since you always get all four chests). I originally posted that at:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Tiered-Fractal-Rewards-collated-KING-data/6149258

People argued about the proper way to combine the odds, so instead of joining the argument, I ran Monte Carlo simulations using [KING]’s data. Those results were posted at:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Tiered-Fractal-Rewards-collated-KING-data/6150937

Quoting myself:

tl;dr simulation of 10,000 runs confirms the numbers listed in the (edited) original post (which were validation-checked by comparing to the KING data). The chances were 8.4-9.9% that a Tier 4 run yields at least one box of ascended gear.

please reread the title of the thread. raids. not fractals.

im bad at sarcasm

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I think it has been 3 month without any ascended box for me. I feel I get more ascended from fractals.

Full clear every week.

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I heard there’s a chance of roughly 15% for something ascended to drop from each encounter? Don’t quote me on that though, pretty sure I heard that around wing 1 release.

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I heard there’s a chance of roughly 15% for something ascended to drop from each encounter? Don’t quote me on that though, pretty sure I heard that around wing 1 release.

that’s a scam.

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

that’s a scam.

Keep in mind that this would most likely include all trinkets along with random asc weapon drops that aren’t in boxes too.

And well, RNG is just RNG, can’t do anything about it. even with 50% drop chance you could go half a year without any drops.

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I think I’ve gotten maybe 3 or 4 boxes out of 150+ boss kills. It seems to around a 10% chance of an ascended something and closer to a 2% chance of a box.

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

theoretical dropchance I dont know, but the practical one is 0.000%, give or take millionth of 0%

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Why are they useless to you when you can stat swap em in the mystic forge?

Ascended boxes in raids?

Shadowstep.6049

i got torch from KC for example… that i don’t need

Ascended boxes in raids?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

salvage get materials to sell or craft what you do need from it.

Ascended boxes in raids?

Shadowstep.6049

salvage get materials to sell or craft what you do need from it.

that is different subject