Ascended rings with different stats

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Are there any plans to make them soon?
Currently I’m forced to run fractals 20+ with an suboptimal build because there is no ascended ring with “cleric” stats. Since fractals are becoming harder and harder not having the stats you need doesn’t help being an extra handicap.

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I understand what you mean since I sue cleric rings also. Honestly the rings are random so there is never a guarantee on getting the stats you want. That being said Anet should have had them in pace from the start. FoTM while a beautiful dungeon is a grind fest to its core. Sadly the grind is for stats.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Instead of random rings they should hand out ring tokens from daily chests you can trade in for rings of choice.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

@Malediktus
That sounds like a great solution but I don’t know if they would implement it since it seems that the rng maybe be permanent to delay the community as a whole.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Instead of random rings they should hand out ring tokens from daily chests you can trade in for rings of choice.

That wouldn’t work out. People want to feel excitement when it comes to getting new shinies, not getting guaranteed drops. Where’s the fun in there?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

@Malediktus
That sounds like a great solution but I don’t know if they would implement it since it seems that the rng maybe be permanent to delay the community as a whole.

Agreed. If ANet PR speak is to be believed, they didn’t expect people to get their dungeon sets so quickly. If it is true, they won’t make that mistake again. This likely means that the mechanic put in to keep people at it is going to be under their control, whereas a token system is more under the players’ control. This is similar to the RNG/limited access model found in many MMO’s, the big one included.

Now, Chris Whiteside talked about making Ascended available in other venues. We shall see if and when this comes to pass. It might very well be that some of the pieces will be more widely available, or that they all will. I’m guessing that gear with Ascended stats will be available elsewhere, but without infusion slots. The ones with slots, keyed to difficulty levels in specific dungeons, will be gated only through the dungeon(s). I’d be fine with this, as everyone could get the stats, but to do the difficult content, you’d need to succeed at the difficult content.

ANet seems to be trying to please the most people possible, for which I cannot blame them. However, what often happens when you try to do this, is you end up cheesing everyone off to a greater or lesser degree. I wish them well of it.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

That wouldn’t work out. People want to feel excitement when it comes to getting new shinies, not getting guaranteed drops. Where’s the fun in there?

Where is the fun in getting a ring which has useless stats for your build and has no other use too? I only play my guardian, so most rings looks like merchant trash to me.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Where is the fun in getting a ring which has useless stats for your build and has no other use too? I only play my guardian, so most rings looks like merchant trash to me.

So merchant will have fun with those shinies!

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

A non RNG system for the rings would be great, but the fact I’m stating is that rings with cleric (and some others) stats just DO NOT exist at the moment. Having to farm them is a secondary concern at the moment since the ring I need doesn’t even exist.

Posted by: Crazy Chris.9241

Crazy Chris.9241

I have the same problem, but with knights gear rings. They simply do not exist which is disappointing. I don’t need a ring with crazy condition dmg, power, or crit dmg on my guardian.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

ANet seems to be trying to please the most people possible, for which I cannot blame them. However, what often happens when you try to do this, is you end up cheesing everyone off to a greater or lesser degree. I wish them well of it.

I agree with most of your post except for this part. A significant portion of the community has their wants as mutually exclusive with increasing gear grind, increasing tiers, making old content redundant to force repetition of new content and RNG. There are two crowd, those who want that and those don’t. ArenaNet is pleasing the ones who want that, the ones who don’t are leaving/holding out hope for a change or accepting a sub par experience from their game.

It’s so weird seeing them say they won’t do something because it sucks, explain why it sucks, and then later implement the thing they said sucked and understood why it sucked. The RNG for loot is a shining example of that. They said people don’t like repeating stuff over and over hoping the RNG will favour them, only to find their time was for naught. Three months into launch, the new gear uses RNG because making people happy doesn’t keep them playing as long as making them frustrated with wasted runs. Just because people keep playing longer doesn’t mean the game is more fun or they are enjoying it more.

It’s rings and a recipe item for the back slot, but they already said this is the future. FotM is very popular (whether ascended or RNG was popular or not will be lost in this fact). As others have said, they didn’t like people getting full exotics, expect them to put these new items further out of the player’s reach to create a “satisfying, enjoyable and long lasting play experience”.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I want Valkyrie and Cleric rings.=/

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

I have the same problem, but with knights gear rings. They simply do not exist which is disappointing. I don’t need a ring with crazy condition dmg, power, or crit dmg on my guardian.

Right there with you. I can’t for the life of me understand why they would leave the Knight’s stat combo out, but that seems to be the case.
Very disappointing.

Posted by: Crazy Chris.9241

Crazy Chris.9241

I don’t understand why all of the crafted sets stat distributions weren’t included. Those are the stats that are most common since people can craft those. By not including all of the basic stat sets people are being forces into less than optimal builds.

My personal opinion is that ANet should have just added an infusion slot that gave the agony resistance plus a small +5 to any stat (power, precision, vit, toughness). A simple system would have been that there was no new rings, but you had to attain the materials needed for the ascension process then the item would be ascended by combining all the materials much like it is now. This way crafting would still be useful and we would have the customization with gems that we had before the new rings/back items. As stands now crafting is only good for making items you then put into the mystic forge. The biggest advantage however would be that casual players who don’t want to grind would still have max gear minus the infusion stat. Yes they would be a a very slight disadvantage, but people who play more should probably have a very small advantage.

Posted by: ZweetSok.8635

ZweetSok.8635

I would like to know if there is any update or dev related comment on this subject.
Would like to see ascended Valkyrie rings. Have no idea what to replace them with, without losing allot of health or crit dmg.