Ascended weapon and armor drop improve

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I read the patchnotes and I noticed that they improved the drop rate, so is it equal with rings or they just changed the drop rate from for example 10% to 11%?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t know. So far all I’ve gotten since May 20th was either nothing, or terrible rings.

Psychol.5783

On what fractal lvl? if 49-50 then I guess it’s from 10 to 11%

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

That is a far too optimistic estimation.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Fractals used to be, will always be and are currently a huge waste of time. Unless you’re still in it for the challenge.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

On what fractal lvl? if 49-50 then I guess it’s from 1,0 to 1,1%

Fixed that for you.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You mean from 0.0001% to 0.00011%.

Psychol.5783

That is a far too optimistic estimation.

Lol I said:

for example 10% to 11%?

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

It might still be a fluctuation, but the LOD spreadsheet is indicating increases in a lot of places. More data points are necessary, but it’s looking positive at the moment.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

They improved it in PvP and Wvw perhaps, since from each I got 2 armor boxes within 2 weeks.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Fractals used to be, will always be and are currently a huge waste of time. Unless you’re still in it for the challenge.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Quoted for truth.

If you’re doing FotM for rewards, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. It’s VERY unrewarding with respect to time no matter how fast your group goes.

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

I wouldn’t consider fractals a waste of time. If you think about it you’re getting an ascended weapon or armor piece valued between 50-100g every 6 runs or so. Something’s off about armor chests though. Since their introduction I’ve gotten about 8 or so healer chests, 5 malicious chests, a few defender chests, and absolutely 0 raider (useful) chests. Oh well guess I can throw those on my alts for wvw.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I wouldn’t consider fractals a waste of time. If you think about it you’re getting an ascended weapon or armor piece valued between 50-100g every 6 runs or so. Something’s off about armor chests though. Since their introduction I’ve gotten about 8 or so healer chests, 5 malicious chests, a few defender chests, and absolutely 0 raider (useful) chests. Oh well guess I can throw those on my alts for wvw.

Id love it if those odds were true. Weve been doing fractals almost daily and ive personally had 2 ascended boxes total (healer and defender). The rest of my group has had similar numbers, with only one seeming to get an abundance of malicious chests. But even so no where near 1 box per 6 runs even between all 5 of us. RNG yay! But yeah there always has been a strange trend of getting the boxes or skins you dont want/need. Ive had like 3 fractal scepters and 2 harpoon guns since the fractured patch.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Assuming the drop rate for asc. armor is 10% and the only outcomes are drop or no drop then the probability of getting one in 6 runs should be around 47%. That’s not bad, I agree with you there. But then you have to take into account exactly what you said in the second half of your post: no PvE player needs most of the chests. The theoretical value of an item I can’t sell nor want to have is zero. I’ve had this exact discussion with a friend of mine who hates my kittening about fractal drops but those 60g I would have spent on a piece of clerics armor mean nothing to me.
This is the reason why I am so kittening frustrated. ANET could have come up with a token or progression system long ago. It would have been fairly easy to find a balance between not showering lvl 50 fotm runners with ascended zerker armor and not kittening them off. But they never even tried. Its been so long since the release of fractals and they couldn’t even been bothered to think of something that minor.

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

2 chests 0 fractal-skins out of 6 runs post patch compared to 1 chest 0 fractal-skins out of 47 runs pre patch. Either I got really lucky or they did indeed improve the drop rate.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

5 chest lvl 50:
nothing (not even 5silvers rings )

P.S: also rare drops decreased a lot.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

On my part I’ve seen pretty significant increase in drop rates. After the patch I’ve had 2 skins, 2 armor boxes (crappy stats but hey atleast it’s something), weapon box with dire stats and 4-5 rings.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

The data that is being collected on the google doc is starting to shape. YES, we still aren’t at a big data set, but we are getting there.

It looks like there was an increase in Ascended drops (both weapon and armor) in the 40s bracket from 8.8% to 14% (rounding for easy numbers). On the otherhand, the 30s bracket took a hit from going from 7.75% to 5% and the 20s bracket went from 6% to 3%.

So it is starting to shake out that running the higher fractals will yield a higher drop rate % on ascended boxes. But the 30s bracket has the highest chance for skins.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Even among the rings, there are a few that I get wayyyyy more than others. I’ve got so many Bands of the Brotherhoods, Ralena’s Bands, and Khilbron’s Phylacteries.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur