BWE3 - What Stat/Consumable sets available

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

Since this topic has come up multiple times, and there are some stat/consumable sets that are not going to be provided (sorry), I have put together a list of what will be available with BWE3 inside the raid.

Since we have wiped Beta Characters, we will again be importing your storage to beta. If you intend on needing stat/consumable sets that are not provided, and want them for BWE3, I suggest banking them BEFORE creating your first Beta Character.

This will be available inside the raid instance from a vendor. You will need to convert your squad to Raid before being able to enter.

Ascended Stat Selection
Apothecary’s
Assassin’s
Berserker’s
Carrion
Cavalier’s
Celestial
Cleric’s
Dire
Knight’s
Magi’s
Rabid
Rampager’s
Sentinel’s
Settler’s
Shaman’s
Soldier’s
Valkyrie
Berserker’s & Valkrie (Back/Jewelry Only)
Rabid and Apothecary’s (Back/Jewelry Only)

Armor Runes
Strength
Undead
Vampirism
Lyssa
Krait
Trooper
Monk
Ogre
Scavenging
Hoelbrak
Traveler
Scholar

Weapon Sigils
Fire
Force
Air
Bloodlust
Corruption
Perception
Geomancy
Energy
Bursting
Hydromancy
Night (Day/Night Sigils do not work inside the raid)
Torment
Earth
Leeching

Consumables
Master Tuning Crystal
Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
Lemongrass Poultry Soup
Rare Veggie Pizzas
Fried Golden Dumpling
Omnomberry Ghost
Superior Sharpening Stones
Dragon Revelry Starcakes

Edit: Strength not Strenght

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

(edited by Chris Cleary.8017)

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Thank you for the heads up!

Out of curiosity, what is the rationale behind the exclusion of Sinister as an premade Ascended choice? Sinister is most people’s stat package of choice for Condition builds, and it would be helpful to test builds designed around it on the first raid encounter.

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

Thank you for the heads up!

Out of curiosity, what is the rationale behind the exclusion of Sinister as an premade Ascended choice? Sinister is most people’s stat package of choice for Condition builds, and it would be helpful to test builds designed around it on the first raid encounter.

I agree, that is the main reason why I’m giving a heads up. The issue here wasn’t that we didn’t want them in, it’s just that by the time this was built it was too late to go back and add sets to it.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

What about Keeper armor? Same reason why it was not included or you not planning to support this stat combo in the future?

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Dont know about everyone else. But i really like this. And im also glad about slaying potions/sigils not being relevant. Its always been more of an annoyance to min maxing than anything else.

That said it would be nice to have some sort of decent replacement to night sigils.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Something tells me you’ll need your energy sigils instead of the night/day ones ;p

Anyones thanks to Chris Cleary for actually giving a heads up about character data and bank snapshots.

I had the unpleasant surprise last BWE about bank snapshots so it’s good they took feedback to heart and clarified the process.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Thanks for writing this up Chris, it’s much appreciated.

but you misspelled strength!

:D couldn’t resist, seriously though thanks.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is an exceptional list, and I understand not being able to test all the sets (though I’m sad that Sinister won’t make a showing). Thanks for the information, Chris!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

This is an exceptional list, and I understand not being able to test all the sets (though I’m sad that Sinister won’t make a showing). Thanks for the information, Chris!

Toss a sinister set in your bank (if you have it… I got 3 ) or really should be able to toss any set of ascended in then swap the stats for free through the forge if you have the insignia, or enough stuff to power level your crafting on the beta toon.

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Is time limit also the reason there’s so few trinket stats available?
Or am I misreading what you’re saying?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

He’s saying that, for some reason, adding new stats to the available beta gearsets is more complicated than adding some item IDs to a JSON file somewhere, and what’s more, the process is apparently convoluted enough that they won’t be able to do it in the remaining days before the beta.

The heads-up is appreciated, Chris — sorry you drew the short straw and had to be the one to come tell us :P

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

what, no Keeper stats or Delicious Rice Balls?

Posted by: Lakshmi.5941

Lakshmi.5941

Does anyone know if masteries have been reset from previous betas?

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Where can I buy Superior Sigil of Day?

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

What about Nomad armor? Same reason why it was not included or you not planning to support this stat combo in the future?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

He’s saying that, for some reason, adding new stats to the available beta gearsets is more complicated than adding some item IDs to a JSON file somewhere, and what’s more, the process is apparently convoluted enough that they won’t be able to do it in the remaining days before the beta.

The heads-up is appreciated, Chris — sorry you drew the short straw and had to be the one to come tell us :P

It’s probably easy to add. It’s just that at some point you stop the development.

Posted by: Zeroth.7046

Zeroth.7046

Guys, c’mon. The reason Zealot/Nomad/Sinister aren’t there is because these stats were added to the game after launch of ascended sets. The current list uses all stats available when ascended was released, and it’s safe to assume these stats weren’t compiled in a list later on. It has nothing to do with ArenaNet removing them or not supporting them.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I was asking this very question over the weekend. TY for clearing this up.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Niloc.4365

Niloc.4365

Anyone know why there hasn’t ever been any Valkyrie ascended trinkets? It’s been a couple of years and nothing. I really can’t see why having all Valkyrie can be considered OP.

(edited by Niloc.4365)

Posted by: ProphecyWillow.5426

ProphecyWillow.5426

Question. We have been told several times now that many of the raid fights require gliding, boss fights in particular. With all our previous beta characters removed, does that mean that all our mastery progression from previous beta weekends has also been lost?

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Force/Energy it is then.

Snow Crows [SC]

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Question. We have been told several times now that many of the raid fights require gliding, boss fights in particular. With all our previous beta characters removed, does that mean that all our mastery progression from previous beta weekends has also been lost?

That is correct, all beta progress has been reset for BWE3.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Quick question, did they store an image of our accounts straight after deleting the current beta characters or have they yet to do so? I don’t think I’ve deposited any sinister gear yet

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Quick question, did they store an image of our accounts straight after deleting the current beta characters or have they yet to do so? I don’t think I’ve deposited any sinister gear yet

The account image was always created when you made the first character so I’d say you’re golden as long as you deposit before char creation.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

The account image was always created when you made the first character so I’d say you’re golden as long as you deposit before char creation.

Ah nice, I assumed they took a server wide dump somewhere before

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Thanks for the heads up, Christ!

I know someone is super delirious with the news. A friend of mine made an eternity and a mjolnir just for this beta weekend!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Guys, c’mon. The reason Zealot/Nomad/Sinister aren’t there is because these stats were added to the game after launch of ascended sets. The current list uses all stats available when ascended was released, and it’s safe to assume these stats weren’t compiled in a list later on. It has nothing to do with ArenaNet removing them or not supporting them.

Sounds like a case of really poor programming practices.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Dont know about everyone else. But i really like this. And im also glad about slaying potions/sigils not being relevant. Its always been more of an annoyance to min maxing than anything else.

That said it would be nice to have some sort of decent replacement to night sigils.

I don’t like it. Make the content so the gameplay encourages players to use other sigils/potions, don’t ban/disable the ones you don’t want players to use.

dlonie.6547

It’s probably easy to add. It’s just that at some point you stop the development.

True, but it’s their choice whether to consider the omission of the meta condition gear stat from the default choice as a “bug that needs fixing” or a “nice to have feature request”, and if the change is as simple as it should be, they could still patch it in the meantime. If I were in their shoes, I’d want players to be able to test hard content in meta gear, since that’s what they’ll be using when it’s live.

But I’m sure there are other priorities right now, and this does have a work around (assuming you have an extra full set of ascended gear laying around :P). Good on them for sharing this ahead of time so we can prepare, rather than just surprising us come beta time.

Taku.6352

You don’t need to have an extra set. Just bank the ones you use normally, create a char so it takes the account snapshot, take the armor pieces back.

dlonie.6547

You don’t need to have an extra set. Just bank the ones you use normally, create a char so it takes the account snapshot, take the armor pieces back.

Assuming it’s sinister, or you have the mats around to change it during the BWE. It’s not perfect, but it’s something at least

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Question. Materials bank is copied too?

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

Should be yeah. You’re going to need to bank some inscriptions/insignias though because beta chars start with crafting disciplines at 0.

Posted by: Lakshmi.5941

Lakshmi.5941

Question. Materials bank is copied too?

It was in previous betas. The catch: your crafter toons aren’t copied, and no mail so…

Taku.6352

Assuming it’s sinister, or you have the mats around to change it during the BWE. It’s not perfect, but it’s something at least

(Hides his 3 full sets of sinister.) . _.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

True, but it’s their choice whether to consider the omission of the meta condition gear stat from the default choice as a “bug that needs fixing” or a “nice to have feature request”, and if the change is as simple as it should be, they could still patch it in the meantime. If I were in their shoes, I’d want players to be able to test hard content in meta gear, since that’s what they’ll be using when it’s live.

But I’m sure there are other priorities right now, and this does have a work around (assuming you have an extra full set of ascended gear laying around :P). Good on them for sharing this ahead of time so we can prepare, rather than just surprising us come beta time.

Yes, it’s a really low priority.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

So i think we can go to the Raid, grab a full set of Ascended Stuff and swap over to Fractals, right? That would make it easier for me to test the new stuff in higher Fractals with different stats to see if they are worth it.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

So i think we can go to the Raid, grab a full set of Ascended Stuff and swap over to Fractals, right? That would make it easier for me to test the new stuff in higher Fractals with different stats to see if they are worth it.

That’s correct, you can do that come BWE3.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

That’s correct, you can do that come BWE3.

Good to know. Was planning on using the ascended provided to test some things in WvW. So we just have to make a squad, snag the gear from the raid instance, and then we can test in other parts of the game? Want to double confirm.

Ele for Hire

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Chris, can you give us the deadline we need to bank all the items we want before you flip the switch and copy the bank to the beta? I might be rushing home from work to get this done!

Iris Ng.9845

The bank is copied the moment you create your first beta character. So the deadline is determined by you yourself.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Awesome news, thanks for the heads up.

Don’t suppose there will be infusions available? I know it doesn’t make a ton of difference, but I’d like to have my extra 60 stats, never know what you might need.

Iris Ng.9845

By the look of it, I don’t think so. It’s not like I want another bag of gears either

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A full wipe? Aww foo. I only got to speed boost mushrooms at the end of the last beta. I also had gliding with updrafts and lean techniques, which seems useful for the raid test … and this weekend I have something that will take me away most of Saturday and then I have early bedtime Sunday so I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the masteries up fast enough to do anything with them. /weeps

Iris Ng.9845

@Donari: pop an XP booster and go farm some Pocket Raptor

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Good thing I have 3 weeks worth of birthday boosters. >.<

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I don’t like it. Make the content so the gameplay encourages players to use other sigils/potions, don’t ban/disable the ones you don’t want players to use.

You like carrying 50 different potions and weapons just for slightly different paths? Even though they are all for the same purpose (maxing flat damage). Lets be honest that has never been a good system. The min maxed for flat damage mods should be a simple clear choice. Alternatives should be for different approaches.

For the potions they never actually said they were disabling or banning them. They just said they dont want slaying potions to be the best choice. Which is a good thing. If we can have some universal 10% potion then thats much better.

They specifically said no day/night which is odd to me. That will only effect very few runes/sigils and food. But ive never really liked the idea of night and slaying sigils in the first place. Rather than forcing us to create duplicate weapons for all the different paths encounters i would rather just have some universally optimised sigils.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Fizz.8763

Fizz.8763

How long have masteries taken to get in previous beta weekends? Is this something I’m going to have to spend hours getting before my character even has a chance to clear the first raid boss?

Iris Ng.9845

1 hour of booster and sit in one spot farming Pocket Raptor. It is a very fast way to gain experience

Other than that you can try running around and shamelessly tag event trains. Not remember whether Adventure gives u any EXP.

One more cheese tactic is to do fast map completions (hero point only for normal maps or simply log in for city maps), then go to Verdant Brink and open all the bouncy chests.

Posted by: Fizz.8763

Fizz.8763

1 hour with a booster doesn’t sound so bad. I just wanted to make sure I’d have time since I have to raid in ff14 this weekend as well. If this beta weekend goes well I could easily see myself moving back over to this game :o