Back from Hiatus, Learning about FotM

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: MrPeanut.1543

MrPeanut.1543

Hi,

I played the game since launch and took a break for a couple of months. I am back now to find that there is a new dungeon system with a gear grind that I can sink my teeth into. the major reason I stopped playing was that I couldn’t get better gear than the Exotics that I had.

So I am back, a little lost, and looking for guidance. Where does one start with FotM? I am level 80, in all Exotics gear. Could a helpful community member show me the way? Are there other gear progressions outside of FotM now?

Thanks a ton!

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

You start here: http://gw2lfg.com/ with lvl1 fotm. When you complete it, you do lvl 2, then 3 etc. There are daily chests for each tier(1-9, 10-19 etc), you can look up the exact rewards on wiki. Lvl 10 introduces agony which is basically a dot attached to certain boss skills(if you dodge the skill, you also dodge the agony) and you can stock up agony resist to reduce the dmg from it. Oh, the entrance is in south LA, you can go in solo to check out the NPCs in the lobby and their goods. What else…odd levels have 3 parts, even have 4… Oh, yes, you could also wait for the patch that removes the whole “you need to do lvl 1, 2 and 3 in order to do lvl 4”-thing, but if you enjoy progression…and having an idea of what the dungeon is actually about can’t hurt.

No other new gear progression and the only available is 2 rings and a back piece anyway(more to come in the future, hopefully). Oh, and then there are skins.

Posted by: MrPeanut.1543

MrPeanut.1543

Thanks a ton! Very helpful post.