Beginners Dungeon Guide

Beginners Dungeon Guide

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Meadows.1659

Meadows.1659

Stack as much vitality and toughness as possible, spec into vitality and toughness as much as possible, get gear with as much vitality and toughness as possible. Pray you dont get one or two shot.

Only select traits that are damage reduction. Dealing damage traits and skills are pretty pointless seeing as youll be spending most of your time running back from the repair anvil. Pray you still dont get one or two shot.This goes for every single profession.

Get a ranged weapon. Lead every pull with this.

Get a defensive weapon for your second weapon. Something that can block damage preferably for when you randomly get aggro. Your not going to be able to prepare for aggro or judge when its about to happen so you have to have a reactive ability. Pray you dont get one or two shot.

On trash pulls stay as far away as possible and use your ranged attacks. If you unluckily get aggro and luckily dont get one or two shot try to kite as much as possible. Let someone else shoot first and keep your fingers crossed that somehow you dont get aggro or randomly one shot from some move that you were supposed to see the animation for when all of your groups aoe and spells are engulfing the mob.

On Boss pulls stay as far away as possible and use your ranged attacks. If you unluckily get aggro and luckily dont get one or two shot try to kite as much as possible. Let someone else shoot first and keep your fingers crossed that somehow you dont get aggro or randomly one shot from some move that you were supposed to see the animation for when all of your groups aoe and spells are engulfing the boss.

There are a few variations of this but most encounters stick to this program.

Have fun learning your new dungeons!

Beginners Dungeon Guide

Posted by: Write.3192

Write.3192

I think most people know to pray and ‘ranged wars 2’ in dungeons by now.

Beginners Dungeon Guide

Posted by: Zades.4561

Zades.4561

It’s funny because I play glass cannon and I do perfectly fine in dungeons. Wonder why that is.

Beginners Dungeon Guide

Posted by: Meadows.1659

Meadows.1659

I guess that would depend on your definition of perfectly fine.

Beginners Dungeon Guide

Posted by: Prime.9450

Prime.9450

The reality is that even if you’ve stacked toughness Bosses still 1-shot you in 95% of fights. This could be a lifesaver in PvP (indeed it is) but in PvE it’ll help only during trash fights in which you can be saved by your party members.

And if you propose “to stay sa far away as possible” then who’ll be “tanking” mobs. I’d say this “guide” is for Elementalist exclusively.

My advice to get at least one ‘stun breaker’, at least one ‘condition remover’ and other utility for damage. Also in every fight:
- watch your positioning (don’t rush ahead),
- time your dodge (look for aoe zones and heavy special attacks),
- always combine different utilities for every trash and boss.

Ranger Nova Stark – Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Beginners Dungeon Guide

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Same here Zades as an Elementalist and definitely fine in terms of:
- Not diying
- Able to get teammates backup when they get down
- Support Teammates with 2 protective utility spell and great damage dealing
- Able to constantly dodge and avoid getting down or be the last man standing from your entire party.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Beginners Dungeon Guide

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

These are probably not bad tips to give to a beginner; someone who is struggling and who finds themself respawn-rushing every dungeon.

For a player who is already comfortable with dungeons, it’s not really the most effective way to play: Stacking all-defense is not generally as useful as being able to take hits and put out significant damage, and there are major advantages to favouring melee over ranged combat in many (not all) dungeon encounters.

But for a new player, this is probably a good starting point.

Edit: I would add, if you’re forming a PUG, then try to have at least one person in the group who has completed the dungeon before and has decent enough leadership skills to guide people through some of the finer points of each dungeon. It can be fun to figure out each enemy and each fight on your own, but generally speaking you’re probably going to soak up some repair costs in the process.

(edited by Crater.1625)