Belka arah p2

Belka arah p2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Working on Arah p2 solo, and when I’m fight Belka, her one-shot aoe attack changes direction in mid air to come bite me. Is this supposed to happen? Is there any way around this?

Thanks for advice!

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Working on Arah p2 solo, and when I’m fight Belka, her one-shot aoe attack changes direction in mid air to come bite me. Is this supposed to happen? Is there any way around this?

Thanks for advice!

this probably just means it has reached its highest point and is coming down to the desired location?
all i can say is: wear hard-hats on the construction site x)

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Belka arah p2

IvanTheGrey.2941

lolz

/15characters

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Thats happened to me before. Just keep track of it and dodge while re-engaging.

Zelendel

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Bikemech.7819

Bikemech.7819

I asume it’s not intentional, but I’ve seen that the ground AoEs and the actual trajectories of the attacks don’t necessarily coincide. Working on soloing her myself I ended up only paying attention to the projectile itself, neglecting the AoEs.

I’m not sure if it shows to good in the movie, but if you want some inspiration I’ll link one of my solo-runs :-) Wish you the best of luck!

Belka arah p2

IvanTheGrey.2941

Thank you! So frustrating…. At least w/ Lupi, if I’m downed, I know where I made the mistake. With her, I almost kill her and get downed outta nowhere. I move far away from the aoe circle and still get one-shot’d. Bloody annoying as all hell.

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Bikemech.7819

Bikemech.7819

It’s insanely annoying (at least to begin with), but after having done it a couple of times now I don’t really think about it anymore. I just follow the “rotation” in the video until she is dead :-)

Again, wish you the best of luck! If you’re on EU and want a helping hand, just hit me up anytime!

Belka arah p2

IvanTheGrey.2941

I’m on NA unfortunately, plus I need to be able to kill her on my own, as people like yourself won’t always be around when I want to practice Lupi :-)

Thank you though! Greatly appreciated!

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I believe what happens is that there’s a gap in time between when Belka decides to fire the ball of death and when she actually fires it.

• The red circle is determined by your position and motion when she decides to fire.
  • The actual trajectory of the projectile is determined by your position when she actually fires.

If your motion changed between this gap in time, then the red circle shows the wrong trajectory.

Belka arah p2

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

This used to really kitten me off…xD But yeah, you just get used to it. Staying on top of her so she won’t throw it is probably the best advice.

Dunno what class you are, but a mistake I’ve made from time to time is to pop a Wall of Reflection too long after she teleports. She jumps again, leaving the wall at her old position and fires a ball at me, standing next to the wall. I teleport/jump to her, ball hits wall and reflects to her…swearing ensues!

Even without that though, the ball is buggy as hell. I’ve actually watched it follow a trajectory that lands far away from me, and still down me on the other side of the arena. Always have a block/dodge ready when you see that ball come out.

Good luck, and have fun soloing her! Soon you’ll get to know the joy of having the abomination reset at 5%! ;-)

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It’s bugged. When you run to the wall and OOC heal up, make sure to do an evasion no matter how far away it seems when you’re on your way back. Then stand on the northish side of her/him so that when the knockback happens you don’t fly too far away. Keep an eye out for the angle he/she has the weapon, because if it’s angled upwards it means an electric ball is going to be fired.

Belka arah p2

IvanTheGrey.2941

Errrrrggggg….. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! Lolz! Thanks for the help/advice everyone! Really appreciate it :-)

Belka arah p2

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Best part is when she opts to randomly use the orb of death in melee range, and just insta kill you.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Best part is when she opts to randomly use the orb of death in melee range, and just insta kill you.

I’ve gotten good with that, but what REALLY sucks is when you get knocked back into an AoE when all of the barrels explode, dodge out of it to avoid the heavy damage, and have no endurance to evade an electric bomb that shortly follows. Sometimes… bullkitten happens.

At this point I have no tolerance for any death pre-Lupi in an Arah p2 solo. I’d rather just Esc > char select > pick an alt & log in/out to restart instance than watch my character die in downed state.

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Play the game, not the UI!

I believe what happens is that there’s a gap in time between when Belka decides to fire the ball of death and when she actually fires it.

• The red circle is determined by your position and motion when she decides to fire.
  • The actual trajectory of the projectile is determined by your position when she actually fires.

If your motion changed between this gap in time, then the red circle shows the wrong trajectory.

The red circle is determined by position but not movement while the actual attack is affect by both. Basically red circle only shows who is being targeted.

So if you see a red circle on you and you were moving, then just move to another direction.

If you are moving towards here (especially with movement skills) and she is about to use it, then yes, it will hit at melee range.

If she hasn’t used it for a while then avoid using any gap closer on her.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

It’s actually somewhat following, safest method is to simply melee her, dodge (pretty hard, kittenty little animation) her one-arrow-pushback shot (she aims a bit into the air) and if you can’t do that, simply get a wall behind you and dodge forward to her once you’re knocked back.
The least annoying methods to do this boss are:
Warrior, Guardian: Running in and out, always meleeing until 50% (own) HP. She takes some while to reset.
Eles, Engineers: Safespot ranging her.
Thief: Initiative regen traits, signet of malice, spam S/P #3.

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Is it possible to melee solo her without running away to recuperate? I believe i can be done for warrior and thief — what about other professions?

This is a really tedious fight solo.

At this point I have no tolerance for any death pre-Lupi in an Arah p2 solo. I’d rather just Esc > char select > pick an alt & log in/out to restart instance than watch my character die in downed state.

I would love a way to reset a dungeon without having to switch to an alt that’s near a dungeon.

Belka arah p2

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

I don’t know if you’ll consider this an exploit and whether you’d like to use this tactic but i’ll tell you it anyway as it might be of help. You aggro belka, then run past the bone wall near the deadeye and his goons, once the bone wall breaks run back to him and he no longer teleports meaning you can just melee him without him moving then go behind the strcuture next to him when you get too low on hp, with this tactic you’re always in melee range so don’t have to dodge the one shot attack

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

Belka arah p2

joey the creator.3587

Is it possible to melee solo her without running away to recuperate? I believe i can be done for warrior and thief — what about other professions?

This is a really tedious fight solo.

Yeh, with mesmer you just use untraited wardens so his knockback arrow doesn’t hit and you can afk. With ranger with bear the bear takes 100% of the aggro so you can sword autoattack afk

Belka arah p2

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Oh Joey, Belka is a she!

Belka arah p2

joey the creator.3587

I realised after writing the comment but hoped no one would notice, kitten you leo :P

Belka arah p2

IvanTheGrey.2941

I don’t know if you’ll consider this an exploit and whether you’d like to use this tactic but i’ll tell you it anyway as it might be of help. You aggro belka, then run past the bone wall near the deadeye and his goons, once the bone wall breaks run back to him and he no longer teleports meaning you can just melee him without him moving then go behind the strcuture next to him when you get too low on hp, with this tactic you’re always in melee range so don’t have to dodge the one shot attack

Thanks. Right now, tbh, I don’t care about doing a “legit” solo of her so much as getting past her to practice Lupi. I’ll give this a try this morning.

Belka arah p2

dlonie.6547

The red circle is determined by position but not movement while the actual attack is affect by both. Basically red circle only shows who is being targeted.

So if you see a red circle on you and you were moving, then just move to another direction.

If you are moving towards here (especially with movement skills) and she is about to use it, then yes, it will hit at melee range.

If she hasn’t used it for a while then avoid using any gap closer on her.

Very good to know! This explains pretty much all of the oddball glitches in that fight, especially why gap closers == death so often.

Belka arah p2

dlonie.6547

Guards can also staff auto-attack through the structure, which can trivialize the fight even when she’s moving. It does take forever, though…

Running back through the bone wall also destroys the one on the north side of Belka. Used to be able to get straight to Alphard that way :’-( #UnwallArah

Belka arah p2

dlonie.6547

Guards can staff #1 from behind the structures. Helps to clear out the barrels later in the fight, too. You don’t ooc, so it’s technically not running away :-P but you will have a chance for heals to come off cooldown, stack might, etc. and continue to do some damage.

Belka arah p2

joey the creator.3587

I made a quick little video showing how to do it really easily on ranger,mesmer,thief,warrior and guardian. I don’t have necro and engineer and can’t open explorable mode with ele :p but i hope this is helpful for anyone who needs it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQs6mh2ks30

Belka arah p2

IvanTheGrey.2941

ty Joey. was able to do it easily. I realize that it’s not perfectly “legit”, but I’m trying to get to Lupi to practice him, and I’d rather not waste 2 hours on Belka like I have been doing Two hours of good Lupi practice today. Well worth the time

Belka arah p2

joey the creator.3587

nice:) how did lupi go?

Belka arah p2

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

And did you improve your positioning in phase 3?

Belka arah p2

IvanTheGrey.2941

It WAS you noobgood! You’re Leo! Cool! Anyways, I didn’t get him to phase 2, but I consistently got him through phase 1 and into phase 2. I figure taking him apart phase by phase consistently will do me the most good in the long run. It was a great 2 hours spent, lemme tell you. Thank you for your help!!!

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

You can always range him too. its safer and there is no need to hide. Tactics for it is simple. Range him from far enough so that the burning arrows cant hit you (but not too far otherwise he resets) and just move right and left so the light ball and knockback misses. Only trick is to find the right spot for each port spot of the boss.

Just another Arah veteran

Belka arah p2

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

On 2nd thought, the boss is too buggy (too). For some reason I still get hit by the light ball, its like the light ball port’s too. Melee is more reliable

Just another Arah veteran