Best Fractal Comp

Best Fractal Comp

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fudge.8470

Fudge.8470

What’s the ideal fractal comp for pushing high end fractals? Or if that’s too complex what are some of the best classes?

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

5 Necros.

Or at least one necro and just about anything. Fractals aren’t really strict on composition unless groups are having trouble on one or two bosses.

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

It really depends which fractal to be honest. I personally like 1 engi, 1 druid, 1 reaper, 1 PS and 1 chrono for daily runs. It provides high consistent damage through condis as well as covering all the offensive and defensive support. Tempest is also pretty good in fractals due to the damage and general versatility of the class.

(edited by Painbow.6059)

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

Kind of hard to say. For example Uncategorized as long as you have a mesmer, the other 4 can be anything and it will go just as smoothly. Maybe Mesmer, PS, and 3 Necros.

For 100 Mai Trin, 4 Necros and a Druid.

For Solid Ocean, literally anything is the same.

Thaumanova probably 5 Necros.

Each fractal has a different comp that would be optimal. 5 Necros cover the most bases though.

Best Fractal Comp

Painbow.6059

Kind of hard to say. For example Uncategorized as long as you have a mesmer, the other 4 can be anything and it will go just as smoothly. Maybe Mesmer, PS, and 3 Necros.

Each fractal has a different comp that would be optimal. 5 Necros cover the most bases though.

While it can be easy, stacking generally more than 2 necros is not the fastest option. You want classes like warrior to provide offensive buffs, along with chrono for quickness/alacrity. Also classes like engineer for stealth/blinds. That being said, having a necromancer in a group in high level fractals is a staple, as it has very good consistent damage, epidemic and boon stripping. But you should usually avoid taking more than two unless you want to start losing out on DPS

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

While it can be easy, stacking generally more than 2 necros is not the fastest option. You want classes like warrior to provide offensive buffs, along with chrono for quickness/alacrity. Also classes like engineer for stealth/blinds. That being said, having a necromancer in a group in high level fractals is a staple, as it has very good consistent damage, epidemic and boon stripping. But you should usually avoid taking more than two unless you want to start losing out on DPS

It may not be fastest, but its one of most foolproof comps ever, where everyone stays alive and doing pretty decent dps. Which is important if you are pugging.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I’m gonna cheat and say 5 friends / family who have fractaled together for a couple of months would be the " best fractal comp "

Sarah

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Zem.4139

Zem.4139

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Problem with chrono and fractals in my experience is the boon thieves instability. They stack up a ton of quickness…… and it’s gone

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

A guardian running maximum reflection/projectile block is really good on the uncategorized fractal, so you can’t just DPS the harpies without having to worry about being knocked around.

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

Thaumanova though, unless you want to become a super coordinated team, pretty much benefits from people being far away from each other. The only part that could benefit from balls to the wall DPS is the green slime. The Anomaly however is more about not falling through the floor, the easiest way to do that is to stay far apart. Now if you play with a static group and coordinate well, sure there is probably a way to keep 25 stacks of might up on everyone. If you want an easy mindless win though, just rolling 5 necros provides that.

Best Fractal Comp

Painbow.6059

Thaumanova though, unless you want to become a super coordinated team, pretty much benefits from people being far away from each other. The only part that could benefit from balls to the wall DPS is the green slime. The Anomaly however is more about not falling through the floor, the easiest way to do that is to stay far apart. Now if you play with a static group and coordinate well, sure there is probably a way to keep 25 stacks of might up on everyone. If you want an easy mindless win though, just rolling 5 necros provides that.

The OP asked for the ‘best’ (meaning most optimal – also assuming team mates don’t suck) team comp for high level fractals overall, not relogging for every single encounter.

Best Fractal Comp

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I would say that all professions add to a party. I play a reaper, and I think I help my parties out (there was a time not too far back when that was not true).

But, I’ve noticed that having either a guardian (not dragonhunter) or druid seems to make for a lot less dying, even with my reaper (and reapers are hard to kill to start with).