Best condi class?

Best condi class?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

So, I managed to get almost a full set of ascended viper armor (missing one piece) and 1 weapon, I have one character slot left and decided to give conditions a shot, but I was wondering what is the best between Necro and Engineer in PvE.

Best condi class?

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

It depends on the content. For wing 1 engi is better because it has high damage as well as good CC which is useful for VG/gorseval. For wing 2, necro is better because of condition manipulation. So it’s really up to you. Necromancer also has its uses in wing 1 with epidemic and high ranged condition damage, also it’s a lot easier than engineer.

Best condi class?

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

It depends on the content. For wing 1 engi is better because it has high damage as well as good CC which is useful for VG/gorseval. For wing 2, necro is better because of condition manipulation. So it’s really up to you. Necromancer also has its uses in wing 1 with epidemic and high ranged condition damage, also it’s a lot easier than engineer.

Doesn’t Engi bring some sustain with the healing burst?

Best condi class?

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Doesn’t Engi bring some sustain with the healing burst?

Yes, it does a lot of things better than necromancer and has higher condition damage, but necro is better in some cases where there are a lot of conditions you can manipulate like Matthias. The healing burst is nice though

Best condi class?

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Necro also can pull downed allies out of danger zones, which is great in wing 2.

Best condi class?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You’d probably suck at engi’s difficult rotation like most players and end up pulling off a tiny fraction of the expected dps, so just go necro. It has a good build and nice tricks.

Best condi class?

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Condi reaper’s dps is reliant on the adds. The more horrors you can spawn, the more bleeds you stack. Besides if you can pull the double epidemic trick you can get some crazy numbers.

Oh and for the joke about engies having more sustain than necros : I afk in green circles everytime along engies… the difference ? I have to pick up the sorry kittens every time.

Best condi class?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

You’d probably suck at engi’s difficult rotation like most players and end up pulling off a tiny fraction of the expected dps, so just go necro. It has a good build and nice tricks.

Yup, this. Condi builds are significantly more complex to play than berserker. Timing is everything – you’ve got to get the right skills in as soon as their cooldowns are off in order to maximize your DPS. Engineer’s rotation can be difficult to pull off even under the best circumstances. In a raid setting, you’ll probably struggle to keep your burning stacks up while still offering CC and a bit of support (many groups will expect you to do this, depending on the boss). Was 3/4 of the way through building a Viper set when I realised how much of a hassle this class could be, and will be swapping that armour onto my Druid instead.

Necro offers comparable DPS and support abilities with a much more user friendly skill rotation.

Best condi class?

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

In case you’re thinking of going for the necro like suggested in this topic, wait till after the balance patch at the end of april. It’s pretty powerful in pvp now so they might overnerf it till the point it sucks in pve as well.

Best condi class?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Well, tru dat… It’s been trash tier for 3 years and mid-top tier for less than 3 months, very likely it’s gonna get nerfed into oblivion.
I’m curious to see how bad it’ll be…
…drood too.

Best condi class?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’d love to see Thief buffed enough to be competitive with condi. Venom share basi is decent utility for break bars, but there’s just too much else holding the class back in condi. =(

Best condi class?

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

Condi thief can be very good depending on the fight. The DPS on a single target is pretty similar to reaper unless they have a ton of jagged horrors/epidemic depending on the fight.

Best condi class?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’d love to see Thief buffed enough to be competitive with condi. Venom share basi is decent utility for break bars, but there’s just too much else holding the class back in condi. =(

VenomShare hits 24k on a single target sustained under ideal circumstances in my testing, which is great. This also lines up very closely to expected DPS in DEKeyz’ rotation calculator. Its downsides, however, include that cleaving multiple targets burns venoms and lowers overall DPS a lot. This means it’s overall fairly sub-par in raids given that so many bosses have adds. It does have a lot going for it, however, including very, very high evade uptime (and thus sustain) and arguably the strongest single skill break in Basilisk Venom.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Best condi class?

Dahkeus.8243

VenomShare hits 24k on a single target sustained under ideal circumstances in my testing, which is great. This also lines up very closely to expected DPS in DEKeyz’ rotation calculator. Its downsides, however, include that cleaving multiple targets burns venoms and lowers overall DPS a lot. This means it’s overall fairly sub-par in raids given that so many bosses have adds. It does have a lot going for it, however, including very, very high evade uptime (and thus sustain) and arguably the strongest single skill break in Basilisk Venom.

Yea, but I don’t see how they could solve the cleave issue without making condi thief too strong in PvP. As it is, condi thief is a very strong 1 v 1 build that’s held out of the meta due to the same cleave issue that makes it weak in team fights. If it could deal cleave condi, it would easily become a very popular and very hated build due to the relatively simple play style and very high evade time.

But until it sees some buffs, guilds will generally just want a Slick Shoes engi for any role they’d otherwise consider a condi thief. The Mathias fight may be an exception, but I haven’t actually seen a condi thief used there yet, nor gotten to try it myself, so I don’t know if it would work as well on that fight as it sounds like it would in theory (frequent break + strong mobility on sb + lots of self condi removal + overall high survivability on a fight where there’s a ton of dmg).

Best condi class?

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

Vale guardian is another fight where condi thief shines, unless you absolutely need a ranged DPS. It can very easily break his bar every time in the rotation phase which can keep other classes in their max DPS state (Rev not going to staff for example)

Best condi class?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Vale guardian is another fight where condi thief shines, unless you absolutely need a ranged DPS. It can very easily break his bar every time in the rotation phase which can keep other classes in their max DPS state (Rev not going to staff for example)

One downside is that condition classes generally end in the range group, where the Thief underperforms. Furthermore, venoms can be wasted on seekers if you’re not careful, essentially gutting the class’s DPS. I’ve tried it, though, and I can still get really good phase times on kill runs, so it definitely isn’t bad.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Best condi class?

Dahkeus.8243

One downside is that condition classes generally end in the range group, where the Thief underperforms. Furthermore, venoms can be wasted on seekers if you’re not careful, essentially gutting the class’s DPS. I’ve tried it, though, and I can still get really good phase times on kill runs, so it definitely isn’t bad.

Yea, that’s true. DPS can also fluctuate a lot, depending on the combo field on the boss. If you have staff eles, it’s great for the whirl finishers over a fire field….but if you have a hammer DH, they can bork all that up with their light field, lol.