Black Lion Skins in Fractal Encryption

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think it would be nice if the black lion set inside the Fractal Encryptions would be rotated around every month. Despite the rarity of the aetherised skins, the price already dropped below the value of a black lion ticket for most of them. To keep the value of these black lion weapons and to make sure the fractal encryptions stay worth opening, the set should be rotated.
There have been a few sets which were never available for tickets for a long time now such as fused, zodiac and sclerite which would be ideal candidates for being rotated in.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: I Forgot.1684

I Forgot.1684

I invest in Black Lion skins. If they do this, then I will lose thousands of gold. There are many people who also invest in Black Lion skins. I don’t think it would be a good idea to cause many people to lose gold just so other people can make more gold.

To better express my point, let’s say I spend $100 on gems which I then use to purchase Black Lion keys. I use those keys to open chests, and I get several tickets. I then spend those tickets on several skins that I keep in my bank, in hopes that they will go up in value, as most Black Lion skins do. After a little while, you come along and suggests that the items, for which I paid real money, should be available to you by other means, so that you will have an enhanced game experience. Now let’s assume that you have never purchased any gems. Your idea effectively enhances the game for people who have potentially spent less to enjoy the game, while simultaneously causes others, who have most likely spent more to enjoy the game, to suffer a loss.

Black Lion skins should hold their value, or people will be more hesitant to buy them, and as a result, people will be more hesitant to buy keys.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

That’s actually a pretty good idea. Rotate these or put all of them in (at least the old ones). That should drive the prices down so more people could get them.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I invest in Black Lion skins. If they do this, then I will lose thousands of gold.

You’d lose those as well if those skins appeared tomorrow on the Black Lion merchants – which does happen from time to time. You can’t expect significant payoff on your investments without running some risks.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I invest in Black Lion skins. If they do this, then I will lose thousands of gold. There are many people who also invest in Black Lion skins. I don’t think it would be a good idea to cause many people to lose gold just so other people can make more gold.

To better express my point, let’s say I spend $100 on gems which I then use to purchase Black Lion keys. I use those keys to open chests, and I get several tickets. I then spend those tickets on several skins that I keep in my bank, in hopes that they will go up in value, as most Black Lion skins do. After a little while, you come along and suggests that the items, for which I paid real money, should be available to you by other means, so that you will have an enhanced game experience. Now let’s assume that you have never purchased any gems. Your idea effectively enhances the game for people who have potentially spent less to enjoy the game, while simultaneously causes others, who have most likely spent more to enjoy the game, to suffer a loss.

Black Lion skins should hold their value, or people will be more hesitant to buy them, and as a result, people will be more hesitant to buy keys.

This held true for the major part while we didn’t have a proper way to farm Keys. At the moment it is possible to get every 25 minutes, provided you are a decent player.

Also you should consider the fact that many people left the game with skins in their banks as a way to get starting cash when they came back. Well all of these came back for HoT and many skins have already seen their prices going down.

The only few skins that retain value are those that never got re-released, but if someone who has them comes back tomorrow, he can drive the price down, just like a re-release can.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: stevecelrau.1564

stevecelrau.1564

Not a bad idea, i missed some skins when they were for sale because i was on vacation and now can’t even touch them, ridiculous prices on Trading Post.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Investing is always a risk. I got 25 black lion sets complete, so my suggestion has the potential to devalue my achievements, but I still think there needs to be a rotation.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Investing is always a risk. I got 25 black lion sets complete, so my suggestion has the potential to devalue my achievements, but I still think there needs to be a rotation.

I wouldn’t worry too much about those – even if the skins appeared in fractal boxes, I don’t think many people would manage to complete a single one of those “collect all X” achievements. Even one would still cost a fortune…..and be largely pointless.

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

That’s pretty lame of you. I guess there’s a reason they are so expensive and some keep rising then.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I opened 2k encryptions on patch day and got none.