Blast finisher might vs Empower

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I was in a dungeon earlier, to which I asked a thief did he know how to stack might (we were lacking an ele, I was guard).

He said he wouldn’t because I could “Just use empower” and “Empower is better than blast finisher might”.

I don’t know the technical details of this. To my knowledge I’ve been told in the past NOT to use empower as it’s might duration is shorter than the might given by the warriors/thieves in an ele’s fire field. I also know that empower might is only 12 stacks, whereas you can get 25 stacks with blast finisher easy.

As I said, I don’t know the numbers. I was wondering if someone who does know the numbers could clear this up?

| Lithia |

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Empower is a pretty crappy might stacker because of the duration, unless you are running +boon duration the Empower will drop fast.

/kick thief, move on

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

sazberryftw.3809

Yeah I thought so.
I ended up leaving, as they were trying to run Malrona into a corner, thus all dying from poison.
Thanks.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Empower is 10s, Blast is 20s

Empower’s reuse is 20s base, Blast is a combinations of blast finisher and fire fields reuses.

Empower locks the guardian into using staff which means he’s not taking better weapons like GS/S+F/Hammer(hammer does light fields which makes it hard to mid fight might stack) On top Empower has 3s cast time so really just hurts the guardian big time to use in combat.

Always default to fire fields if it’s an option, which it should be.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Yeah I thought so.
I ended up leaving, as they were trying to run Malrona into a corner, thus all dying from poison.
Thanks.

Well that’s something new for me.

I mean, there’s enough walls to push her in right beside her if you wanna use conjures/whirlwinds.

Defeated by packet loss.

sazberryftw.3809

Empower’s reuse is 20s base, Blast is a combinations of blast finisher and fire fields reuses.

Empower locks the guardian into using staff which means he’s not taking better weapons like GS/S+F/Hammer(hammer does light fields which makes it hard to mid fight might stack) On top Empower has 3s cast time so really just hurts the guardian big time to use in combat.

Yeah thought so, thanks! I mean I did have staff on me for running through the blossoms but I then switched it out for S+F.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah thought so, thanks! I mean I did have staff on me for running through the blossoms but I then switched it out for S+F.

Be my pug, baby.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.