Bloodstone-Infused Ectoplasm

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Can you please make this a guaranteed drop rather than based on rng? It’s my 3rd week at trying for this item for my Envoy armor collection, and still haven’t looted it…. And why is a collection item rng based anyways…

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

(edited by DoogySnowStalker.2069)

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

How can it be your 4th week at trying when the raid has been out for only 3(2 resets plus release) raid resets?

DoogySnowStalker.2069

How can it be your 4th week at trying when the raid has been out for only 3(2 resets plus release) raid resets?

fat fingered my 4 key instead of 3 and went with it, fixed

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

having this as the last thing you need relying on rng is cruel.
i just dont get the logic. and the more time passes the more folk will complain.

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

I got mine first try, and so did everyone else in my raid team.

Are you sure you’re not doing something wrong?

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

Yeah cause you can open the chests the wrong way and don’t get the loot.

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

I am just opening the 3 chests of twisted castle each week, should I do anything more?

I have to say that I am really angry with this item. This is the third week I clean the raid and I don’t get the item. I just need this item to finish the tier 1 collection so… how many weeks will I be waiting?

I am a player who hates rng, that’s why I don’t use mystic forge, but now I am forced to play a rng game 3 times a week. If I have bad luck I can’t do anything but wait another week. Is it fair?

In my opinion there are 3 options to solve this problem:

-First option: change the drop rate, so it is 100% the first time you do twisted castle.

-Second option: Allow people to buy it in the merchant for 500-1k magnetite shards if they have bad luck.

Third option: Allow people to do twisted castle many times each week. Each time you do the event you should be able to get the chests. So, if you have bad luck at least you don’t have to wait for one full week to try again.

I was one of the people who thought that 150LI were too many, but seriously, now I think that I will get 150LI before I get the bloodstone-infused ectoplasm.

(edited by Robles.7458)

eldrin.6471

thats the problem with using rng for a collection item chance you will never get it.

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Yeah, I lost the battle against rngesus

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

PSA: If you do “Love Is Bunny” every time, there’s a 4th chest that spawns in the maze. Or so I’ve heard.

So if the chance is ~6.5% per chest (based on actual drop rate data), you’d have a ~23.6% chance of getting it every week with the extra chest, instead of a mere ~18.3% chance of getting it every week.

With 4 chests, you can expect a 91% chance to have it drop in 9 weeks. You can expect a 99.9% chance for it to drop in 26 weeks. In 52 weeks, you can expect a 99.9999% chance for it to drop.

Good luck with the RNG. May RNGsus be with you.

Robles.7458

PSA: If you do “Love Is Bunny” every time, there’s a 4th chest that spawns in the maze. Or so I’ve heard.

Are you sure that you can get the bloodstone-infused ectoplams in that chest too? In the description it says that it can be found inside the twisted castle. And the first chest isn´t inside.

(edited by Robles.7458)

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

yeah, me and two other people in my raid group still didn’t get it, 3rd week running

frustration overload :*(

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

I completely agree with you, it’s the only item I’m missing from a collection which should reward skill in raid, i got all items in the first week and that ectoplasm can’t be the reason I can’t complete this achievement…I mean, now I have to wait another week for a chance (not a certainty!!!) to complete my first tier armor, it just shouldn’t be this way…

Posted by: Sharkey.9805

Sharkey.9805

So if the chance is ~6.5% per chest (based on actual drop rate data), you’d have a ~23.6% chance of getting it every week with the extra chest, instead of a mere ~18.3% chance of getting it every week.

With 4 chests, you can expect a 91% chance to have it drop in 9 weeks. You can expect a 99.9% chance for it to drop in 26 weeks. In 52 weeks, you can expect a 99.9999% chance for it to drop.

Good luck with the RNG. May RNGsus be with you.

The Love Is Bunny chest awards ectoplasmic residue, but not a bloodstone infused ectoplasm.

Beyond that, regardless of likelihood there’s always people towards the end of that bell curve. Some wind up putting up with it longer than others. Putting that on a weekly timer makes this incredibly painful to earn, maybe not those who’ve already gotten it and forgotten about it, but a chunk of players doing the exact same content have to continue performing the same repetitive task for x number of weeks longer than everyone else for the same reward, not only separating them from their fellow players looking to move on, but discouraging that audience for no other reason than they can’t “beat RNGesus”.

It’s a move expected for a sub MMO, where they put kitten like this in to space out progression through content, but with progression not being on the line here I’m not sure what it’s accomplishing outside of frustrating the player base and frankly, there hasn’t been a satisfying developer answer for it. Those saying it makes the reward shinier, something more exceptional to earn, but tell me something: how many folks in your raid have already gotten one? Half, or more? What exactly is rewarding about beating that RNG challenge, versus the folks who’ve done the same content you have but without a lucky dice roll?

I mean, I mention sub MMOs, but even those sub MMOs have integrated token systems in place to allow their players to get items like this after a demonstrated level of effort. In fact, so does Guild Wars 2, in raids even! Every other item that drops from raids are purchasable with magnetite shards. Everything except the drops from legendary collections. That means you either get lucky and it’s a bonus, or you earn it with the shards you gain from raiding week after week. Or, in the case of the rest of the armor collection, you complete a challenge or quest of some sort and earn the token that way. That’s satisfying! It has a clear-cut goal! You know how to earn it, you put the effort in, and you get the item. Here, there’s no effort – show up in the maze once a week, get a chance at a token. No incentive to save up, no challenge involving completing the maze, just hop in, open chests, and go ‘kittening finally’ when they finally get it. Nothing earned except painful memories.

Seems strange, considering one of the major selling points of legendary collections was to give people a means of static progression to earn their precursors without having to spend weeks farming crap with no clear end or goal in sight. Not sure how many other collections force you to stay at 99% for a potentially indefinite amount of time.

At least unless they’re broken. I seem to recall a lot of RNG going into legendary weapon collections right as the expansion launched, people having to pray they got into a map that wasn’t bugged like crazy in order to complete their collections and make their legendaries. By my recollection, the base wasn’t very happy with that, either.

So maybe fix this? Make it a vendor item for magnetite shards. Set the castle chests to be per-instance instead of per-lockout. Do what you did with ectoplasmic residue and multiply the number of opportunities per item every week. Just don’t leave it as is, because it doesn’t really offer me a lot of incentive to do future legendary armor collections if I have to expect to put up with crap like this every time. Or the game in general, if this lack of effort is going to be a trend for future rewards.

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

I agree, having the only thing left for the collection completion rely on a 1 week timegated RNG is really frustrating..

Posted by: Aewyn Starfall.9406

Aewyn Starfall.9406

I agree, I am in the same position. Have done the new wing since it’s release yet still have not gotten this item, it being my last one it’s extremely frustrating, all my guildies and friends have it, just not me. RNG is fine, Time Gates, yeah fine too but annoying. Both together? No thank you. I even emailed support about it, got told to basically shove off and there will be less time gated + RNG in the future. THANKS!

eldrin.6471

3 weeks and 9 chests opened and no Bloodstone-Infused Ectoplasm for me.
Having rng blocking you from finishing this collection just sucks and serves no purpose other than frustration.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Having rng blocking you from finishing this collection just sucks and serves no purpose other than frustration.

Interesting…
I see you’ve progressed quite far in the raiding and managed to regularly finish Twisted Maze every weeks. Yet I see your constant complaining about the amount of raiding people have to do in the other thread.

What’s more interesting, 2 weeks ago you did say this:

As someone who cant do the raids(age,disability’s etc)i just hope the 35k gold i got from gem purchases is enough to buy 125 insights i still need and finish this armour.Was it set at 150 to make it very costly for people like me? buying runs is a long standing tradition in guild wars,and like it or not it is allowed and was going to be used by some to get this armour.

…wait, I thought you already opened all those chests in the 3 weeks the new wing has been out? (which implies you’ve at least beaten a boss, considering the collection doesn’t even unlock without beating a raid boss).

So which one is real?

EDIT: Oh wait, from your other posts it seemed that you bought raid runs. So basically you complained that you bought 3 wing 3 runs and didn’t get a single ectoplasm? XD

(edited by LegACy.1296)

eldrin.6471

Interesting…
I see you’ve progressed quite far in the raiding and managed to regularly finish Twisted Maze every weeks. Yet I see your constant complaining about the amount of raiding people have to do in the other thread.

As someone who cant do the raids(age,disability’s etc)i just hope the 35k gold i got from gem purchases is enough to buy 125 insights i still need and finish this armour.Was it set at 150 to make it very costly for people like me? buying runs is a long standing tradition in guild wars,and like it or not it is allowed and was going to be used by some to get this armour.

…wait, I thought you already opened all those chests in the 3 weeks the new wing has been out? (which implies you’ve at least beaten a boss, considering the collection doesn’t even unlock without beating a raid boss).

So which one is real?

whats real is i buy the runs and have spent 6000g to get 9 insights a week from this wing.
whats that got to do with the rng for this item.

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

whats real is i buy the runs and have spent 6000g to get 9 insights a week from this wing.
whats that got to do with the rng for this item.

Hmm, well, you also need to buy at least 5 gorseval runs to complete the collection, right? =x

eldrin.6471

Interesting…

So which one is real?

EDIT: Oh wait, from your other posts it seemed that you bought raid runs. So basically you complained that you bought 3 wing 3 runs and didn’t get a single ectoplasm? XD

No im complaining about rng the same as every one else on this thread,

Robles.7458

It doesn´t matter if he bought or not the raid runs and if you think so, I think you have not understood what this topic is about.

There are many players who have already been waiting 3 weeks to finish t1 collection because the infused ectoplasm didn’t drop. However, waiting 3 weeks is not the worst, the main problem is that we can´t know how much time we will have to wait until it drops. It can be just a week more or even a year from now. If someone thinks that this system is fine he is absolutely wrong or he already has the infused ectoplasm.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It doesn´t matter if he bought or not the raid runs and if you think so, I think you have not understood what this topic is about.

There are many players who have already been waiting 3 weeks to finish t1 collection because the infused ectoplasm didn’t drop. However, waiting 3 weeks is not the worst, the main problem is that we can´t know how much time we will have to wait until it drops. It can be just a week more or even a year from now. If someone thinks that this system is fine he is absolutely wrong or he already has the infused ectoplasm.

You missed Legacy’s point questioning the validity of the poster because he’s know to exaggerate issues.

Either way, no one is disagreeing that this is a rather silly timegate that probably ought to be removed.

eldrin.6471

You missed Legacy’s point questioning the validity of the poster because he’s know to exaggerate issues.

Either way, no one is disagreeing that this is a rather silly timegate that probably ought to be removed.

what is it im known to exaggerate? what is actually happening is that i am being hounded and harassed by certain individuals every time i post on these forums no matter what the thread.but i come on the forums as a way of letting anet know my veiws,and i suppose i just need put up with the fact there are people with rather malicious motives also posting on the forum.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

what is it im known to exaggerate? what is actually happening is that i am being hounded and harassed by certain individuals every time i post on these forums no matter what the thread.but i come on the forums as a way of letting anet know my veiws,and i suppose i just need put up with the fact there are people with rather malicious motives also posting on the forum.

Because you just don’t argue reasonably.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

eldrin.6471

Because you just don’t argue reasonably.

im not arguing im giving my opinion.and am being accused in one post of lieing and on another of exaggerating.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Moderator

[This thread appears to have gone off course. Thank you for the feedback. It is now closed.]