Bloody Victoria solo on warrior (CM P1 boss)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Hello all

I decided for the sake of challenge to attempt to solo CM P1 on stream last night and this was a really really tough boss to beat so I thought I would share how I managed to do it. =)

Zerk warrior
30 (V IX XI)
25 (I X)
15 (VI)

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3676203

First thing to mention is that this freaking thief’s backstabs hit more than 3 times my hp… they hit 19-20k lol so it’s an extreme overkill if you get hit. Also she lunges when she does it so she has a range of greater than a greatsword.

Sometimes she spam-stealths and even with 3 stun-breaks you have no choice but to die and start over. This happened to me like 3 times so as you can see in the video I wasn’t taking as many risks and fighting her in close quarters (I used GS #5 to rush away). Reason? I have time to kill so that I can free up my stunbreak cooldowns. It’s easier to predict when she’s about to strike if you don’t do this, sadly… and this does take a while.

Sometimes instead of the stun/backstab, she will leap in the air and perform 3 immediate strikes that each deal 2 stacks of bleed. You can’t block all 3 but you can block the first and only end up with 4 stacks of bleed, or dodge/evade to avoid all 6.

Her regular attacks hit a LOT so it’s important to be very quick to dodge / block.

I used Mango pie and Powerful potion of Outlaw slaying. Mango pie may not be the best to use but for this purpose I thought the extra regen helped a LOT because sometimes you cannot afford to waste your shake it off on removal of the bleed, as it would screw you over if you couldn’t stun-break on one of her backstabs.

This was my first ever attempt at CM P1 solo, so there may be better ways to do this. I came up with the tactic(s) that I was using through experimentation / trial and error.

I looked just earlier to see if there were others who have solod her but all I could find on youtube were people using exploits that were patched, so even though I made many mistakes here I think it might be helpful for some to see how I managed.

Hope you enjoy and if you try this, good luck =)

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

Good job! i remember reading a comment by wethospu saying he couldn’t do this boss on warrior, real nice job

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Back when i was doing cm a lot, if i remember correctly the backstab has a count similar to subject alpha, around 3 secs from the time of stealth.

Purple Miku.7032

Thanks joey! It took a while though haha =P I wiped a few times at 1/4 too

Also yeah Bread and I should also mention that stun duration food isn’t helpful because even if you reduce it by like 100% or more you still will get hit by the backstab haha. I think you might be right about the 3 seconds but it’s like.. never worth chancing things with her and even if you have to waste a second dodge to make sure you get away in time I suggest doing it. Can always keep your distance if you do GS #5 and have a sigil of energy on offhand sword.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Good job! i remember reading a comment by wethospu saying he couldn’t do this boss on warrior, real nice job

Ye, I tried it before Endure Pain got a cooldown reduction. Almost got it done back then but that RNG was just so stupid.

Not very fun fight tbh.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

Ahh right, yeh it was a year ago. I just mentioned you because you’re the best solo warrior i have seen

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

Purple Miku.7032

Ye, I tried it before Endure Pain got a cooldown reduction. Almost got it done back then but that RNG was just so stupid.

Not very fun fight tbh.

Haha, it was really freakin hard that’s for sure… I would have used endure pain too but sometimes she’s such an kitten and just stealths every few seconds. Surprisingly 3 stun breakers sometimes wasn’t enough… that is, until I started going “sissy mode” and running away to bide time for my cooldowns.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

nice job!

If I recall correctly, of her “regular” attacks, one does far more damage than her others and you can live with absorbing those attacks and dodging just that one (I think it’s “sword slash,” or something like that — the combat log will tell you).

That’ll significantly speed up your time, lessening possibility of a bad chain of backstabs.

As for her stealth: when she stealths, I don’t think you need to move around that much. Just wait for her: if she uses death blossom, you’ll see her appear a fraction of a second before you take any hits and can dodge it all. For backstab, there’s nothing you can do but stunbreak/instant block then dodge away from her.

Disclaimer: I did this on a guardian and used 5 stunbreaks/aegis/blocks — it’s probably much much easier

Edit: Can you use something like Riposte after she goes into steath but right before she reappears — timed so that you get the block if she backstabs? (You’d have to check whether the time between her stun and her backstab is long enough that riposte expires.) If this is usable, then you have a defense against the backstab that’s really low recharge!

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

Purple Miku.7032

Thank you

Umm, I know she does have one regular attack where she kind of just lunges with the dagger and it hits a lot… but to be honest all of her attacks not only deal a ton of damage, but they inflict bleed as well… that is what the problem is. Also since I’m in scholar runes it’s tough to maintain the buff as it is, but the real issue is how challenging it is to recover from low health when you get in a tough position. She’s a very unforgiving boss fight and like I said I did get her down to 1/4 a few times much faster… it’s just less reliable because you never know when she’s going to suddenly spam you with stealth attacks.

I also tried and you can’t actually block the stun she does right before her backstab, btw. I know it’s kind of a long fight so you probably didn’t see it but it did happen somewhere I believe towards the end of the fight… my riposte was interrupted with the stun :P

God it would be so nice if you could block that stun. Wouldn’t even have to dodge the backstab haha.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Thanks joey! It took a while though haha =P I wiped a few times at 1/4 too

Also yeah Bread and I should also mention that stun duration food isn’t helpful because even if you reduce it by like 100% or more you still will get hit by the backstab haha. I think you might be right about the 3 seconds but it’s like.. never worth chancing things with her and even if you have to waste a second dodge to make sure you get away in time I suggest doing it. Can always keep your distance if you do GS #5 and have a sigil of energy on offhand sword.

hmm yeah you’re right and i keep forgetting it’s a lv 45 dungeon and her normal atks hurt lol.

unblockable atks ftw i suppose

btw, cool music playlist. would you mind sharing?

(edited by Bread.7516)

Wethospu.6437

Not very fun fight tbh.

Haha, it was really freakin hard that’s for sure… I would have used endure pain too but sometimes she’s such an kitten and just stealths every few seconds. Surprisingly 3 stun breakers sometimes wasn’t enough… that is, until I started going “sissy mode” and running away to bide time for my cooldowns.

Well, Endure Pain is a stun break. Just didn’t have Stomp or Dolyak Signet back then.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

my riposte was interrupted with the stun :P

Oh!!! I hadn’t thought of that!

I thought since the backstab was unblockable, riposte would block then next (killer) attack. But it actually makes sense, the backstab stun interrupts your riposte channel.

I wonder if you used Melandru runes whether you could just ignore her regular attack’s bleeds. Maybe melandru runes plus -40% condition duration food? Perhaps you can do it faster than with these than Scholar runes because you’d be able to facetank her?

Purple Miku.7032

Not very fun fight tbh.

Well, Endure Pain is a stun break. Just didn’t have Stomp or Dolyak Signet back then.

Crap you’re right… also if I’m not mistaken I think Dolyak had 60 second cooldown a few months ago? But yeah since it’s 48 seconds as opposed to 60 it’s definitely the better option here. To be honest I totally forgot Endure pain was a stunbreaker… haha.

my riposte was interrupted with the stun :P

Oh!!! I hadn’t thought of that!

I thought since the backstab was unblockable, riposte would block then next (killer) attack. But it actually makes sense, the backstab stun interrupts your riposte channel.

I wonder if you used Melandru runes whether you could just ignore her regular attack’s bleeds. Maybe melandru runes plus -40% condition duration food? Perhaps you can do it faster than with these than Scholar runes because you’d be able to facetank her?

Yeah you’re probably right and at that point the stun duration might be short enough to just run out of the way in time, but I don’t think it would be worth getting a whole different set of gear just to fight this boss =P

Scholar runes are definitely not the best for this boss fight that’s for sure. Also not only this boss fight, but in my SE P1 and P3 end boss fights I probably would have been able to do much better if I was in different gear as well and maybe with different traits but I suppose part of the point of it all is to show that I managed to do it in full zerk, you know? You’re right though but haha “facetanking” her… nah. She still beats kitten =(

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Wethospu.6437

Dolyak Signet didn’t break a stun which made it unreliable to use.