Bring Our Dungeons Back

Bring Our Dungeons Back

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ambient Beauty.8576

Ambient Beauty.8576

The only request I wish to make is ; Bring our dungeons back !. Give us 1.5gold give us 75% of a level.

HoT has been released and has been played for some time now. I want to hopefully generate enough support for dungeons as any other part of the game.

If you like dungeons and want them back like I do, post here. Let’s see what the community wants.

It’s easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar.

(edited by Ambient Beauty.8576)

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: sanedude.9450

sanedude.9450

Really wish they never nerfed rewards. Dungeons are the only fun way to make money.

were*

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Ambient Beauty.8576

additionally I feel like I am being cohersed into playing HoT to get those alluring and new skills for each class’s elite profession. It’s a bait and switch tactic.

I have never been this close to leaving the game since HoT made its debut. I know others feel the same or have left it entirely to either play only pvp or other games entirely.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

We got like three of these threads on the first page of the dungeon forums. Do we really need another one?

Anet has made their stance on dungeons clear.

There have been almost no updates to them, since the dungeon team got disbanded.

Every other week there was a “Nerf Zerker thread” I think they were just happy to have us all forget about them.

So I wouldn’t count on any changes in the loot tables, they can still be profitable, if you run the right ones, but that is mostly due to drops.

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The nerf stacking threads / zerker threads have started again .. though.. .check out general discussion they want to nerf might again ;-) [As it will prevent stacking]

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Why would any company in their right mind destroy their own content? If the new content isn’t good enough to draw us in on its own then someone seriously needs to look in the toilet bowl after their morning doo.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Ambient Beauty.8576

I fully agree. HoT is a major let down. I have to be in large zergs to accomplish the mastery points. I’m an independent person. I don’t want to count on others only to get the job done-not in real life or a video game. It’s stupid!

Needing to nerf dungeons to lure out players into new content is a lame excuse, Anet. A cop out. Are you not good enough to write content that is self-sustaining?

In the past, I could train dozens of players and win over the interest of countless new players by directing them to various dungeons and showing them how fun , how profitable and challenging the dungeons are.

Anet. You took away the best part of the game from us. I want answers. I will stay respectful here, but I wont go quietly.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Simple answer: Their Dungeon team disbanded a long long time ago so doing any sort of revamps/adoption of Dungeons to use some of the new material introduced in HoT would be a massive struggle.

So yeah, it makes sense that they disincentivized Dungeons so that players will be drawn to the aspects of the game that do receive support (which includes the new content from HoT). Personally all I care about is just the reward of tokens being more generous. Otherwise doing dungeons was a cheap and quick way to make money, I could care less about the content since it was free gold. Now that gold has been shifted to Fractals I wouldn’t even notice if Dungeons got removed from the game altogether.

Though, I do recognize that there are still a handful of players that play dungeons for the content and experience. To those guys I raise a glass out of our respect to their commitment. For those who “want Dungeons back” for the rewards? The money ship has sailed, and we have already had thread upon thread about how that ship isn’t coming back.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Anet wanted the toxic meta players out of dungeon content. They were willing to throw nice meta players under the bus for that.

Since dungeons no longer make optimal gold, the zerker meta left. You can still do dungeons but it will be you, some non 80 pugs, and some people running non meta builds. You either deal with that or run different content.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Ambient Beauty.8576

I think it’s still wise to keep the tradition of being great at dungeons alive and well. If we avoid dungeons entirely , simply because the rewards are not there anymore and Guild Wars actually fixes dungeons there will be a huge power vacuum with many people who don’t know how to run dungeons effectively. Every week I train players in dungeons just in case. It will pay off either way.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I think it’s still wise to keep the tradition of being great at dungeons alive and well. If we avoid dungeons entirely , simply because the rewards are not there anymore and Guild Wars actually fixes dungeons there will be a huge power vacuum with many people who don’t know how to run dungeons effectively. Every week I train players in dungeons just in case. It will pay off either way.

It would be nice, if the original dungeon designer came back temporarily to fix dungeons. But they left and players keep finding new ways to exploit dungeons on purpose. It became so bad that if you do not do the exploit you’re kicked from some groups. New bugs and loop holes were expose overtime. It seemed easier for Anet to support content they actually have developers for, such as fractals. Therefore the gold was move from dungeons to fractals. In otherwords, Fractals are the “new” dungeons for people to do for gold.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Anet wanted the toxic meta players out of dungeon content.

You should delete that crap before it irritates some of the newer and innocent players because it is abolutely not true.

In otherwords, Fractals are the “new” dungeons for people to do for gold.

Exactly, and the earlier people get that, the better. Let’s keep the dungeon memories and go on to new borders.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Marthkus.4615

Anet wanted the toxic meta players out of dungeon content. They were willing to throw nice meta players under the bus for that.

You should delete that crap before it irritates some of the newer and innocent players because it is abolutely not true.

Which part? Speculating ANET’s motivation or that some meta players are toxic about meta enforcement.

IMHO: New players get more turned off that they have to be level 80 and full zerk to get into most dungeon groups (even AC). Now that is not the case. You are lucky if you get 5 people. You can no longer be picky.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Since dungeons no longer make optimal gold, the zerker meta left. You can still do dungeons but it will be you, some non 80 pugs, and some people running non meta builds. You either deal with that or run different content.

If that’s true, that’s sad. Typical case of killing the patient to cure the disease.
Actually i don’t think Anet ever gave a copper coin about these “toxic” players, or at least the other explanation (dungeon team fired/disbanded/Colin hating dungeons) makes more sense.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Pretty sure a couple of factors came together here:

- Dungeons could be pretty toxic to the casual players
- High liquid gold rewards caused:
1. A small inflation (not as severe as we have been told, imo)
2. A decline in actual gem sales (thanks to the gold/gem conversions)
- Dungeon development would have taken up a lot of resources while only being played by tiny part of the community
- Not a part of the main focus “Open World” “Hero Experience”

Dungeons have been pretty much abandoned long before HoT. The same old problems would remain even if they didn’t severly reduce the gold rewards. This step just made that official.
People will just get bored again after a while even with the possible to earn more gold than ever before by the selling the dungeon trinkets.

We should probably just give up at this point.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

It would be fine to replace dungeons with fractals however there were 25 dungeon paths and there are practically 5 fractals (swamp, molten duo and the 2-3 rotating dailies). Dungeons have 8 weapon and 8 armor sets. Fractals have only 2 weapon sets and a backpiece.

Running swamp 5 times a day gets insanely boring. I’d much rather do a different dungeon path, sadly dungeon LFG is a ghost town.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I honestly don’t really mind the reward nerf since I never really ran them for rewards anyways, and with recipes its still decent gold.
The problem imo is that the rewards are horribly imbalanced now, even more than before.
SE p2 gives 33s, Aether gives 66s, while Arah p2 gives 1g?

Actual dungeon runners that did dungeons for fun will return to them when they get bored of HoT content anyways, I pretty much ended up doing a daily dungeon tour again.
If you like them, nothing is stopping you from still running them

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

If you like them, nothing is stopping you from still running them

Only if you have a dungeon guild/group. But if you rely on LFG it may take 30 min to get a HotW p1 group.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

How hard would it be to introduce a hard mode or higher levels of difficulty for dungeons. If anet thought they were too easy, they could just introduce a scale like in fractals so groups could choose their desired level of difficulty/reward.

Osu

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There are no developers allocated to dungeons, nor will there be as far as I’m aware. Their corporate stance is that dungeons are unsustainable and that they will support Fractals as their end-game 5-man instanced content. It is, for better or worse, simply how it is.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

And tbh they are so faceroll now that rewards seems appropiate.
Also, I dont want the same old dungeons, I want new ones.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Rising Dusk.2408

They will be adding new Fractals (plural) this year.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Sad. Now dungeons are only done by players leveling up a toon or saving up dungeon tokens for a legendary.

Osu

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I never had problems with toxic players running pug dungeons. But I also never chose the listing saying 1337 2 cool run zerklyfe. Those listings usually took longer anyways as the people running in them are uttekittens.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Why would any company in their right mind destroy their own content? If the new content isn’t good enough to draw us in on its own then someone seriously needs to look in the toilet bowl after their morning doo.

“We want to be innovative! If other game companies design their instanced content to be fun, rewarding and refreshing then we should make ours boring, unrewarding and stale!”

-Anet

(edited by Conner.5803)

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Ambient Beauty.8576

I agree. Dungeons may cause inflation if they reinstate them again. However that problem is quickly fixable. Anet must be able to balance the rewards so they make sense.

Also, to me dungeons are a staple. I can get people to fall in love with this game dearly just by showing them how to do the dungeons. We had a blast playing dungeons today. Theres a fun-factor in dungeons that HOT cannot even come close to. I earned my Dungeon Master title the hard way. I’m proud of my accomplishment and I look forward to the community also doing the same.

Anet will be updating dungeons soon. I will stay GLUED to the game to find out if our requests here to restore dungeons even slightly have been heard. Lets all hope for the best and just sit tight.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Frosttyn.2960

Frosttyn.2960

Well what if they changed the dungeon system to run like fractals? I have yet to run a fractal so I’m unsure of how different the mechanics are but they could, in theory, enhance and refresh the story in them while giving fractals an introduction to newer players. If they plan on endorsing the fractal system then why not build back upon it?

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Vinceman.4572

Anet will be updating dungeons soon.

Dream on, baby. Dream on.

My serious answer to that: No, just no.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

that toxic meta kept the game alive and gave a good gold making strategy by forcing you to get better at pve content, shure, now we have raids… personally i dont care about that new shiny stuff. i want a place where all classes work (dungeons)
dungeon nerf its just a cheap glancing blow to move us away from what we like doing
bring em’ back

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

We got like three of these threads on the first page of the dungeon forums. Do we really need another one?

Anet has made their stance on dungeons clear.

There have been almost no updates to them, since the dungeon team got disbanded.

Every other week there was a “Nerf Zerker thread” I think they were just happy to have us all forget about them.

So I wouldn’t count on any changes in the loot tables, they can still be profitable, if you run the right ones, but that is mostly due to drops.

I got the recipe for Plague out of CM just before the gold nerf. Plague sells for like 8 gold on TP so I still run that one, but it takes a long time to queue and don’t count on 80 exp

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Nerfs dungeons.

Requires you to run all 8 storymodes.

Only makes Arah truly soloable.

Ugh.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I was reading through old posts…

I think the dungeon community kittened off Anet…

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Marthkus.4615

that toxic meta kept the game alive and gave a good gold making strategy by forcing you to get better at pve content, shure, now we have raids… personally i dont care about that new shiny stuff. i want a place where all classes work (dungeons)
dungeon nerf its just a cheap glancing blow to move us away from what we like doing
bring em’ back

The meta was never toxic, people were toxic about the meta. They made low level dungeons seem like something only for level 80s in full zerk gear playing the one build death and taxes said was best DPS.

Now those groups don’t fill up the lfg. People don’t need to know what 19+ acronyms mean to not get flamed. “Oh by fast run you meant full zerk PS warrior or some other meta build? Not running the path quickly. You meant theoretically the quickest possible.”

My favorite experience is when I was playing full Zerk PS war and got kicked from a group because back then kicking was easier AND the party leader was using 3rd party software to estimate my health which was “too high for full zerk”. My server’s WvW bonus put me over her threshold pfffff.

Rest in peace dungeons. Let the flamers grind silver waste with all the “casuals” they could never stand to be in proximity of.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

They made low level dungeons seem like something only for level 80s in full zerk gear playing the one build death and taxes said was best DPS.

So you want Anet to remove fractals and raids too?
I’m confident Anet is planing to do so.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Marthkus.4615

They made low level dungeons seem like something only for level 80s in full zerk gear playing the one build death and taxes said was best DPS.

So you want Anet to remove fractals and raids too?
I’m confident Anet is planing to do so.

Yeah! Cause Ascalon Catacombs requiring level 35 is the same thing as level 100 fractals requiring infused ascended gear.

Dungeons aren’t removed, they are just no longer for elitist seeking the best gold/hour.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

They will be adding new Fractals (plural) this year.

And they will be just as fun as the current ones. Long, no damage, random fears, losing boons, fun times! >_>

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Jockum.1385

@Marthkus:
No, it isn’t the same. Asking in AC for a fullzerk is more casual friendly than asking for a condi-full ascended engi for raids. Players are getting more demanding obviously.

Imho Anet failed hard when they decided to give players different stats depending on equipment. GW1 was more innovative at this point and avoided a lot of conflicts by not having stats on equipment.

SW had a better gold/hour rate than dungeons. Especially when pugging.
Your “elitist seeking the best gold/hour” were not running dungeons, they did SW.

In the past there were a lot of relaxed dungeon groups which didn’t cared too much about equip etc. Those groups are gone, too.

I doubt its a good idea for a new player to start with raids. Usually there should be a wide variety of content of different difficulties. Which gives players the opportunity to get better step by step. Raids are not fullfilling this role. Fractals are too repetitive and are getting boring too fast. There needs to be way more rewarding content than just fractals.
Many players started doing CoF1 and AC for gold. They got better, started doing SE, TA. And ended up doing arah. This process is missing now. It was never a well built process, there is a huge gap from open world to instanced group content. Which is ok for a new game with no new content releases, but not for such an old game as GW2.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Marthkus.4615

@Marthkus:
No, it isn’t the same. Asking in AC for a fullzerk is more casual friendly than asking for a condi-full ascended engi for raids. Players are getting more demanding obviously.

SW had a better gold/hour rate than dungeons. Especially when pugging.
Your “elitist seeking the best gold/hour” were not running dungeons, they did SW.

Any reqs what so ever for AC was not “casual” friendly. Which “casual” seems to mean any non-(level 80 zerker elitist).

SW wasn’t better gold/hour if you knew what you were doing. This lead to lots of people filling up dungeon, enforcing meta, trying to “get-good” such that Dungeons were better gold/hour.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Jockum.1385

Any reqs what so ever for AC was not “casual” friendly. Which “casual” seems to mean any non-(level 80 zerker elitist).

It’s easier for a casual to fullfill a “zerker elitist” lfg than to bring the required stuff for a raid. When you are complaining about the high expectations for dungeons it seems a bit odd that you don’t care about the expectations for raids/fractals (asc. fullzerk, food, TS, blabla).
Especially because there were many dungeongroups which didn’t ask for fullzerk or you could easily start a group on your own.

SW wasn’t better gold/hour if you knew what you were doing. This lead to lots of people filling up dungeon, enforcing meta, trying to “get-good” such that Dungeons were better gold/hour.

SW was afaik giving you ~15-20 gold per hour. For some good guildteams it might be true that dungeons were more rewarding (for the first hour?). But(good) pugs ended up with max. 10 gold per hour, usually less.

(edited by Jockum.1385)

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

that toxic meta kept the game alive

No, the toxic meta made people quit. Queensdale champ train, eotm karma and experience nerfs, and more. Toxic players helped kill content by Anet reducing the rewards associated with the content.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Vinceman.4572

Like Jockum said, SW had a way better gold/hour ratio when pugging and that’s the only thing what counts for the casual players. There is no single doubt that he is right with his statements. Pugs had worse gold income when running dungeons compared to SW.
You must not compare some daily guild runs having a better ratio because they were never involved in any toxic things that were brought up via the lfg. Speed run guilds didn’t use this feature, they had their own closed groups inside the guild or dungeon community.

Zerker groups filled way more slowly than any other “all welcome”, “everybodys run”, “come all” or for example “P1” group. That was a big mistake made by many players crying out loud: “OMFG, only zerker lfgs. Anet, stop zerker meta plox.” because they only looked for the lfgs that lasted longer. Pre-HoT you could open AC with “Px” and your group was filled within seconds while you had to wait for a so called right zerker meta composition.

And the biggest mistake was or is always the same: Many players never open an own lfg since today. But, maybe that is not a mistake, it is just stupidity.

And I have to correct another thing: AC is not made for Lvl 30/35. It is recommended to run it with these levels. There was no statement that you have the right to play with everybody also running AC just because you achieved this kind of level.
And another thing: It is pretty hard to run AC with Lvl 35 in inappropriate gear. Yeah, you can do this as a challenge but after 3 years this challenge isn’t interesting for most of the veterans, so it was better to list your wishes with lvl 80/meta/zerker/w/e and let others have their challenge. Again, this had nothing to do with toxicity.

My favorite experience is when I was playing full Zerk PS war and got kicked from a group because back then kicking was easier AND the party leader was using 3rd party software to estimate my health which was “too high for full zerk”. My server’s WvW bonus put me over her threshold pfffff.

This reason wasn’t even toxic. A kick is not to equalize with toxicity. He just didn’t want to have you in that determined group. Ok, he made a mistake, maybe. Maybe not. No toxicity. Did he insult you? If so, that is toxic.
You’ll be way too sensitive if you think that his kick was a toxic behaviour.
It’s the same thing like back in the past when I was playing on the court with some friends. Some other guys wanted to play with us but from time to time we didn’t want to play with them. This attitude didn’t make us toxic but nowadays, many peeps of the younger population feel that this is toxic or cruel. What a bullkitten! Grow some balls!
This world isn’t “Hello Kitty”.

No, the toxic meta made people quit. Queensdale champ train, eotm karma and experience nerfs, and more. Toxic players helped kill content by Anet reducing the rewards associated with the content.

Queensdale champ train had nothing to do with “zerker meta”, neither had eotm karma and the xp nerfs. Don’t mix things up.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Rising Dusk.2408

And they will be just as fun as the current ones. Long, no damage, random fears, losing boons, fun times! >_>

I’m fairly confident they’ll be revamping the bad instabilities like Boon Thieves or Boon Fumbler at some point this year as well.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Spassvogel.1280

Spassvogel.1280

First of all I want to state, that I am one of those guys who was running dungeons over and over again just pugging until I got better by adopting ideas and strategies of other players. So there was the experience of Guildgroups and the extremly noob group. I could finish CM fullrun in 15-20min (I talk about legit runs without exploiting) with the right groups (where I was Thief or Guardian so not just walking with them but also having an important role) but there were also groups I needed 30min just for p1 and that was pretty exhausting especially when I LFG "fullrun, exp 1 Warri, 1Guard/Mes). My hypotheses on the toxic meta issue is Missunderstanding. Metaplayers wanted to do Dungeons obviously quick and for the profit (while I also had an satisfaction in pushing the limits) but they also sacrificed some effort in learning the strategies, getting the armor, weapons and buffood. Noob players wanted to do a dungeon just to experience the content. So when a Noob joined a Metagroup there was a problem of which not the noob nor the metaplayers were to blame for. Meta players didnt want him on board but were mostly to busy and kicked him rather than explained him he should look for a casual or noob run (or watch YT guides) and the noob was pretty upsait for getting kicked without an explanantion. Solution: Metaplayers should have taken time to talk to the noobs (especially cause the noob may one day also be a good player with whom you also could do fun dungeonruns with).
I dont want to talk about the Meta / good players debate at that point. Obviously there is skill and there is gear and i rate skill over gear but pretty much every skilled player who knows the dungeon also has some gear to do his dmg with. But enough of that.

Now About the profit. What Jockum.1385 stated above should be about right. In the first hour u could get more out of Dungeons with an exp grp (AC, CM, COF,SE(1and3)=about 16g add the tokens(2-3g)). But second hour will already drop pretty hard (let s say HoTW, CoE and maybe TA (up)=about 12g add the tokens(2g)) third hour(Arah 11g add the tokens(1g)) and then it s done. You cannot do more cost effective Dungeons then, of course you could do all other path which I didnt mention but that would be even worse than doing Worldbosses. So with an organized Guild u could do on a normal day (no record breaking, maybe one or two fails) first hour about 18g, second 14g, third 12g if not less, when u re failing more. SW gave u about 15g and that s a reliable win. Let s say you have a guild u re running SW with you could get up to 17g (have a friend who farmed about 7k gold only with SW, personally i have no idea if that s right cause i hate brain-afk gameplaystlye of SW
The main problem Anet had with Dungeon vs. SW gold was SW gold didnt influate rather it did the opposite while dungeons mainly purely influated (some lucky drops dont face the massive goldinfluation).
So going back to good old Dungeon gold seems impossible.
Just to mentioned here Fractals give about 10g in total of which 8g are directly trakittenems you sell to vendors and 2g are of matrixrelated stuff (plus sometimes u get ascended Box but u cannot sell that one so not in consideration, as well as the fractalrelics

Raids. I honestly just tried it three times and didnt care at all anymore about that. Failing a Boss until you kill it and all depends on the ten people you maybe know but mostly not (cause I dont play in a big guild). I cant see how that should compensate all the different settings stories and challenges of the dungeons. But back to topic. I heard it s rewarding for some people who are really dedicated to it as a bosskill gives you 5g but I neither know if that s correct or how much you can make out of it (maybe someone wants to add some information here?). We will see how much it does influate only over long period of time.

Finally my request to Anet. Do not give Dungeons more Gold but give them something else.

I dont care if it is ascended Chests you can buy for 100 Dungeonruns or Blackliontickets. I would even be happy about karma, if u could by something for that karma (e.g. u can buy materials for precusror crafting which are bought with gold at the moment for lots of karma instead (maybe 1mio karma for a Precursor like Howl, 2mio for spark and 2.5mio for the legend? or higher prices. This is just an idea) Or u could get an currency which is exchangeable to all other currencies except Gold and Laurels.
I dont really care what. But the Meta problem isnt solved by removing dungeons as it appears in Raids just the same (just look into the LFG system any time the day).
Dungeons are FUN! I play them even nowadays but when u finish arah p4 and get 1.26g you cannot help but laugh (if it could be possible to send the gold back to anet I guess I would have done it right away). The big Problem is already known. No one who can play the game plays dungeons anymore because they are so unrewarding that you re better off doing anything else.
If anet finds a way to get the players back to play dungeons (and maybe also fix some bugs) a small (?) part of the community (which loves dungeons not only for the reward they gave) would be very grateful and stay loyal to the game and wouldnt watch out for a better game which rewards their beloved dungeons (which are really too good in GW2!).

Dont get me wrong I dont want them to be as rewarding kitten or Tarir but at least as rewarding so players who care a little about the reward return to the best content of the game ;D

Congratulations to all who made the effort and read my statement. And sorry if my English isnt proper (still learning)

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I’m fairly confident they’ll be revamping the bad instabilities like Boon Thieves or Boon Fumbler at some point this year as well.

Unfortunatly, after the novelty (is that word correct? Cant check right now) has passed people will go back to 3 swamp runs. New fractals and new instabilities wont solve the problem.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Unfortunatly, after the novelty (is that word correct? Cant check right now) has passed people will go back to 3 swamp runs. New fractals and new instabilities wont solve the problem.

It would for me. I enjoy running other fractals. But those instabilities usually keep me from swamping things up to much. I will throw in a snow blind sometimes just to break the shear boredom of swamps.

If boon fumbler, boon thief, afflicted and Last laugh were changed I would be very happy.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

The real question however, is will they bring back the pre-HoT dmg from bosses? Atm there is 0 risk in glass gear. Booooooooring.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Rising Dusk.2408

They’re aware of the problems involved with reward schemes right now that incentivize doing Molten Duo/Swamp constantly. I would expect some work to be done on the dailies and other things to encourage people to branch out more this year, particularly in higher level fractals.

The real question however, is will they bring back the pre-HoT dmg from bosses? Atm there is 0 risk in glass gear. Booooooooring.

I seriously doubt this, though I wouldn’t put it past them to create instabilities that create enough threat that the “weak” current bosses in addition to the instabilities would be sufficient to beat teams.

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

They’re aware of the problems involved with reward schemes right now that incentivize doing Molten Duo/Swamp constantly. I would expect some work to be done on the dailies and other things to encourage people to branch out more this year, particularly in higher level fractals.

I don’t think the swamp/molten problem can be solved unless they remove them from the higher tiered fractals. To me, the only rewarding part is the daily achievement for it. The big chests at the end of each fractal and the boxes/mats dropped are just not worth the time spent in them at all. But even if those fractals got removed, people would flock to the next “easiest/shortest” fractal. Seriously miss the old random fractal system and would’ve loved to at least see it at the higher tiered fractals, since it’s actually end-game content and should be something that you have to invest your time in.

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I don’t think the swamp/molten problem can be solved unless they remove them from the higher tiered fractals. To me, the only rewarding part is the daily achievement for it. The big chests at the end of each fractal and the boxes/mats dropped are just not worth the time spent in them at all. But even if those fractals got removed, people would flock to the next “easiest/shortest” fractal. Seriously miss the old random fractal system and would’ve loved to at least see it at the higher tiered fractals, since it’s actually end-game content and should be something that you have to invest your time in.

Yes it can be solved and by a lot of different ways or combination of ways.

1) Balance the number of encryption depending not only by the level, but by the island. For exemple, level 40 Molten Bosses give 3 encryptions. You could give level 38 Dredge give 4 or 5 encryption since it’s an harder and longer fractal.

2) Rebalance the length and difficulty of the fractal themselve. For exemple, you could change Swamp so that each Swamp need you to kill both Mosman and Bloomhunger and not just one. This would make Swamp more on par with other fractal in term of length. Motlen bosses can be a bit harder to balance. There isn’t much room there. The only thing I could see would be to up the difficulty of the 2 bosses.

3) Remove part of the daily reward or remove it completely. Instead give that reward after the player complete a certain amount of level. For exemple. Right now if you do 16 daily (48 islands), you should get around 1-2 pieces of ascended gear. Now replace that with an repeatable achievement that give you 2-3 ascended gear for completing all level 51 to 100 once (49 islands). A bit like the current Fractal Veteran and Fractal Master achievement.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Bring Our Dungeons Back

Rising Dusk.2408

To me, the only rewarding part is the daily achievement for it.

This is the exact problem they would be aiming to solve.